• Nexus Invasion

• Cena is Fired

• Swagger Wins MITB

• Kane Wins MITB/Cashes In

• Hardy Heel Turn

• Cena Joins Nexus

• Bret Hart Returns

Results are only viewable after voting.
It momentarily made me think that all things were possible and that everything was gonna be alright after all.

I read the work-or-not stuff other places though. The fact is nobody knew one way or the other.

And then everyone came to the consensus that he wasn't the seventh man on Team WWE and that was one of the dumber theories, because he definitely wasn't coming back before ninety days were up. I myself had my Batista theory.

But it was talked about, so in the end, it's not a bigger suprise than the Nexus debut.

There's a reason this night (The Nexus Invasion) was special. Since the night of 1/4/10, we were all waiting for that nWo type moment. That first very real segment that caught us terribly off guard and left an incredible impact. This was that moment.

DirtyJosé;2638737 said:
There's a reason this night (The Nexus Invasion) was special. Since the night of 1/4/10, we were all waiting for that nWo type moment. That first very real segment that caught us terribly off guard and left an incredible impact. This was that moment.

If we never saw them again after that night, we certainly would not be discussing them now.

To me, I think, the Nexus invasion was bigger. We all expected only Wade Barrett to be the one who got the bigger spot in WWE. That was the whole point of the NXT show to begin with. Then at the end of the RAW that night, you saw all the NXT guys in those shirts just sitting around ringside and storming the ring, and causing all kinds trouble. Then in terms of Daniel Bryan being 'fired' from WWE/Nexus...whatever you call it. It almost was inevitable that he would be brought back. The amount of backlash being sent throughout the IWC in regards to him being let go was HUGE NEWS, and then it almost inevitable to fight the Nexus, you would have to fight fire with fire in a way. That's why I gotta go with the Nexus as the bigger surprise. Not that I'm discrediting DBD ability, but the group as a whole was a bigger surprise as a whole.

If we never saw them again after that night, we certainly would not be discussing them now.

At this point, I don't know if you're trolling or not. What does that even mean?

If Stone Cold was never seen after his 3:16 KotR speech, we wouldn't be discussing him now. If the Rock was never seen after his Nation of Domination stint, we wouldn't be discussing him now.

The Nexus attacked, they stayed around, and they became successful. That's really all that matters.

At this point, I don't know if you're trolling or not. What does that even mean?

If Stone Cold was never seen after his 3:16 KotR speech, we wouldn't be discussing him now. If the Rock was never seen after his Nation of Domination stint, we wouldn't be discussing him now.

The Nexus attacked, they stayed around, and they became successful. That's really all that matters.

Is it trolling to state facts?

The fact is if not for what they've done after the initial attack, nobody would be discussing them come the end of the year. What Bryan did was surprising regardless. (How else do you describe the PPV-match return of someone many thought was fired by the company?!)

Is it trolling to state facts?

The fact is if not for what they've done after the initial attack, nobody would be discussing them come the end of the year. What Bryan did was surprising regardless. (How else do you describe the PPV-match return of someone many thought was fired by the company?!)

Okay, is that not the fucking point? They do something, people turn their heads, and they're successful.

I'm going to repeat exactly what I just said, verbatim:

Same thing can be said about DBD, except Nexus was just off TV for a week or two, whereas he was "fired" for a month or so.

Now, 100% of him has held a Title for weeks, whereas some of them have yet to win won, & they needed Cena to do it.

So basically what you're saying is that every member of Nexus needs to hold a title for them to be credible?

I voted for Bret Hart's return to WWE. I honestly thought I'd never see the day that Bret Hart would be back on Raw. Yes, the match with Vince wasn't exactly that good. Yes, Bret Hart more or less was a shell of his former self. Yes, it was being teased for a good month. But the thing is it was teased before on multiple occasions and never came through. While Nexus was a good shock moment, Bret's return was iconic in my honest opinion. Who would have ever thought HBK and Bret Hart would be in the same ring after 13 years and patch things up on TV? That was a moment and a genuine surprise. People are going to remember that moment for years, especially long-time WWF/E fans.

No, but that also has no effect on the surprise.

Okay, you're the one who mentioned title reigns, not me. The fact is, people were talking about DBD as the seventh member of team Raw before he showed up. No one said a thing about Nexus, or any of the NXT members attacking Cena.

Then you mentioned whether or not people would be talking about Nexus if it weren't for their debut, and I'm seriously wondering whether I'm talking to Terri Schaivo over here, seeing as you've yet to comprehend the stupidity of your posts.

Yeah, people wouldn't be talking about Nexus if it weren't for their debut, because they wouldn't have debuted.

Thinking is hard, I know.

Nobody in the world guessed that Skip Sheffield would come and beat John Cena up. This has to go to the Nexus. Everything else on the list was speculated somewhere by someone.

Nexus wins quite comfortably. Why? Because all the other options had some distinct possibility. It was possible that Cena would be fired or that Kane would win Money in the Bank. Some people may have predicted Bryan returning or Hardy turning heel (rattlesnake4eva I'm looking at you). But no one could see every NXT Rookie turning heel, beating the hell out of John Cena and destroying the ring and everything surrounding it. It wasn't comprehensible.

Nexus was the biggest surprise. Such a big surprise that I turned off my TV half way through the show because I was tired and nothing special was happening for the rest of the show. Well, I was wrong. It barely edges out DBD because there was literally no expectation behind it.

Obviously Nexus has this one. but Swagger winning MitB!!! WTF!!! Only for him being a forggetable champio...WHAT A SURPRISE!

I think it was Swagger winning the MITB.

I know Nexus is going to win with ease, but for me it was Swagger's win. I never expected him to win that match and to be honest I was pissed. I didn't think he was ready and I don't think he is going to be ready to get back on the level he was suddenly put in out of no where. I was still thinking of how the hell WWE chose to give him the briefcase after the pay per view was over.

Im really surprised there aren't many votes for Kane winning MitB and having one of the best WHC reign's... ever. C'mon people, that was a shock. Kane was jobbing left and right for years, and BAM! he wins MitB, BAM! he cashes it in the same night and defeats Rey Mysterio for WHC, BAM! he defeats Undertaker 3 times in a row and... BAM! cause i like to BAM!.

this is an easy choice for me. Nexus Invasion at the end of Raw. so totally unexpected and a fantastic angle.

besides just the invasion being sweet, the icing on the cake for me was the destruction of the ring, the wrestlers, the announcers, etc. nothing was sacred in that moment.

nobody ever predicted it in the slightest, and thus, by definition, this was the surprise of the year.

everything else falls behind as "one of the biggest surprises of the year" or "one of the most unpredictable things to happen" etc. but not a single person saw this coming and so it is by far and away the biggest and best of the year.

I didn't read through all the posts, but I had to vote for Bret. Not because he's long been my top all time favorite along w/Piper and Jericho right behind, but let's face it. I'm looking at it from an overall perspective, not simply because the "dirt sheets" announced it. After 13 long years, did anybody expect to even hear about Bret making a return? Hell, no. Nexus would be my pick as far as storyline surprises go, but come on. Bret making a return to WWE tv, teased and/or advertised ahead of time or not, was just simply unbelievable given the history and the impact of such a move by both parties. Just because the IWC sometimes ruins a good surprise doesn't make it any less of a shocker when first hearing about it.

Winner: Nexus Invasion
The Nexus Invasion was one of the most surprising moments this year to me. I don't think ANYBODY saw it coming. There was a point in watching the Invasion that I thought what I was watching was real and that is always good. I loved how they took no exceptions in the attack; John Cena, Straight Edge Society, commentators, and ring announcers were all involved. The destruction of the ring from the tearing of the ropes, the lifting of the canvas, commentators chairs and steels steps being thrown and to put the icing on the cake the very religious attack on John Cena. Everything in the invasion was perfect and it really lit up the IWC and brought a spark back into the business. And not to mention this was also the controversial tie choking incident.

Voted for the return of Daniel Bryan, although I ruined the whole return for myself by checking Wrestlezone.com before hte main event, and some ****** in the WWE posted that Daniel Bryan returned before he actually returned. It totally ruined the surprise for me, but I'm voting for it regardless because had I not checked the internet and just watched my stream, it would've been a HUGE mark out moment as I'm a huge Danielson fan.

Also, Nexus comes in a close second, the other choices aren't as surprising to me. TNA just sucks to me, so any "surprise" they have really don't do anything for me, because they have so many "surprises" that it hurts the whole value of having a surprise.

Lastly, Cena WOULD'VE won this...him being fired was a surprise to me, but the fact that it was so brutally handled makes me not vote for it. I know I should be voting for something that happened in the spur of the moment, rather than what happened afterwards, but the Cena being fired option should've won, had it not been for WWE creative.

All in all, I take Daniel Bryan comign back. No one saw it coming, and it was great that he had replaced Miz too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back