Surprise of the Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Surprise of the Year

1. Flair Joins TNA

2. Hardy Joins TNA

3. Danielson Returns

4. Nexus Invasion

5. Cena is Fired

6. Swagger Wins MITB

7. Kane Wins MITB/Cashes In

8. Hardy Heel Turn

9. Cena Joins Nexus

10. Bret Hart Returns

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch Because I whine like an infant

Yeah, let's just throw matches aside in the wrestling business... Then, what do you have?

Face it; Wade would never win a Title unless he had a ref on his side, or some other reason. Bryan did better than Wade both before & after NXT... And that was after getting fired.

2. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

Well let's put matches in there, Danielson had great mid-card matches with Ziggler, Morrison, and The Miz in which the crowd could care less meanwhile Barrett has main evented 4 PPVs against Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Edge, and Jericho. Bryan has the US title sure but that fails in comparison of firing John Cena from the WWE. I'm a DBD fan but he hasn't affected the WWE at all like Barrett and Nexus has.

3. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

All of which (wins &/or losses) are due to writing/booking before the matches even start. Barrett wouldn't even have been in those matches if not for work with the Nexus. Bryan/Daniel, meanwhile, has achieved the US Title (booking, I know) despite doing something during the Nexus work that got backstage heat & (it seems) time away from the company.

4. The Holy One

The Nexus angle doesn't even suceed without Barrett. Bryan is right now king of the midcard while Barrett is a main eventer. However, this about the biggest suprise of the year. Danielson's return was talk about and speculated right after his firing and some people actually predicted to happen at Summerslam (here's looking at Doc). The Nexus debut is one of the only moments in wrestling history were you can legitimately say that you didn't see it coming.

5. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

Are we actually talking about the debut with the named group, or the attack at the end of Raw? I was surprised by one, but didn't really care much about the other.

As you yourself say, the Nexus doesn't last nearly this long w/o Wade, whereas Bryan has done much of what he's done singles.

6. The Holy One

The debut was the attack wasn't it? I mean it's the first time we saw the Nexus working together as a group. They destroyed everything from the Raw set, to the security and announcers, to the SES, and the face of the WWE in John Cena.

Nexus has Barrett though so in the real world, the Nexus has made a bigger impact in the WWE in just 6 months than most of the WWE current roster has their entire career.

7. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

I don't recall them having a name, logo, etc. when they attacked.

"Nexus has Barrett", & that makes their impact larger? I certainly do not understand that.

Bryan has accomplished everything he has despite the fact I don't think he was ever in Nexus since they had the name, & was in fact against them since Day 1.

8. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

This is a battle of semantics.

Sure, Bryan has been a champion all over the world in everything from garage-promotions to Ring of Honor. But people don't hold him in high regards since he never competed in the "Big 3". But how does any of this matter in regards to his return at Summerslam that many people guessed would happen?

Once again, the difference here is that Daniel's return impacted one match while Nexus's invasion impacted an entire television program. Plus, the missing entrant in the Summerslam match was built up for weeks. Even though we didn't know who it would be, we still knew some kind of surprise awaited us. Nexus's entrance into the WWE has absolutely ZERO foreshadowing. It literally came out of left field.

9. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

A lot of people I discussed it with didn't know he would be back, & were in fact discussing whether or not he was truly fired.

Bryan's return impacted several weeks & won him fans & a Title, whereas Nexus has accomplished about the same as a group of several.

10. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

World Title picture > US Title picture

It doesn't matter that he won the US Title and "fans." Nexus gained fans because people bought tickets just to boo them. Plus, they sold lots of merchandise in their t-shirts with the "N" on them (this doesn't make a difference here but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you pull this rabbit out of your hat to try and make a point). And they completely threw a wrench in the gears in the world title picture and got the tag titles, as well as getting the top guy in the company to join them AND get fired.

Danielson topped this how?? It doesn't compare. But feel free to keep trying.

11. The Holy One

They had the "N" armbands at least and the group didn't have a name at the time but that was their debut and everybody knows it.

Yes, b/c of Barrett the Nexus angle has become the best in the WWE since Austin vs McMahon. Bryan has accomplished winning the US title well good for him still doesn't beat what the Nexus has done. Also, Day 1 would be the initial attack so you would be wrong and there's this:

[youtube]7Xh2WR735h8[/youtube]

[youtube]bRvq3cJOsNA[/youtube]

Serious Mozzarella likes this.
  12. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

So, people pay money & travel to boo you, & you call those people "fans"?!

Also, it's been said that the merchandise sold better after Cena joined the group. That also added their Tag Titles.

Bryan has gone from being an indy star to a WWE star & Champion, after being (or at least publicly reported as such) fired by the top company in the business.

And let's not even try to use video of FCW, since to my knowledge, it doesn't air in 48+ states.

13. The Holy One

You said he was never in Nexus and I provided proof besides their debut that he was. The Nexus has gone from being unknown rookies on a third rate show to one of the biggest angles in WWE history.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

Bryan's return was surprising and shocking, but there was always that glimmer of hope he would be rehired.

No one, and I mean no one, saw the Nexus coming. Their debut was hands down the most shocking, surprising, and downright scary surprise debut in wrestling in a very long time.

15. Just FalKonika

Just FalKonika I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW

There were only two things on this listed that weren't predicated and/or were never mentioned via the dirt sheets... and that's the DBD issue and the Nexus. Since at the time DBD wasn't a big name/well-established superstar (kayfabe) in the WWE, how there was an explanation given to his absence (kayfabe) and how DBD was then a member of Nexus....

This one belongs to Nexus.

16. Smooth Sexual Chocolate

Smooth Sexual Chocolate Grapefruits of Wrath

The nexus angle would have been a huge surprise for me, if I hadn't visited the forums before watching RAW.

That leaves me with only one other event that actually surprised me as it happened, and that's Kane winning MITB and winning the title the same night - I'm just as surprised that he's still champion too.

17. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Why are we pretending the tag titles are important? They're worth less than Danielson's new tights.

18. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

Their results mean nothing in measuring the surprise of their debut. Being in a major match at a PPV when people thought you fired is a bigger surprise.

19. The Holy One

People thought it was a work at the time and actually thought he was the 7th man. Which is why the Nexus debut is a better suprise, nobody and I mean NOBODY saw it coming.

20. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

Nobody I discussed it with were sure it was a work, let alone expected him to be a booked wrestler in a PPV match of that size.

21. The Holy One

Seeing how you just joined, you missed it during the summer where members on this forum were questioning if DBD was gone or not and if he was the 7th man on Team Cena.

22. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

To be fair, his new tights are definitely worth more than his old ones. It was like he was wrestling in his underwear.

23. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

I read the work-or-not stuff other places though. The fact is nobody knew one way or the other.

24. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

And then everyone came to the consensus that he wasn't the seventh man on Team WWE and that was one of the dumber theories, because he definitely wasn't coming back before ninety days were up. I myself had my Batista theory.

25. Lying Retarded Crybaby Troll Bitch

And then he did. SURPRISE!!