Who Is The Worst Wrestler Of 2012?

• Heath Slater

• Tensai

• Alberto Del Rio

• Great Khali

• Brodus Clay

• D-Von

Results are only viewable after voting.
I only catch snippets of TNA, every now and then, but hasn't Devon been good? I know he got himself over at one point. Surely that counts for something? I mean, even Vickie Guerrero couldn't get Dolph Ziggler over. Khali has been part-time at best. So let's eliminate him. Del Rio hasn't been horrible. So he's out of the running. Heath Slater is hilarious and Brodus Clay managed to become popular. So that's them gone.

That leaves Tensai. Yeah. Good theme, though.

Heath Slater: Was entertaining during the build to RAW1000. 3MB is really funny.

Alberto del Rio: Awesome entrance. Good matches (even with Cara). Can't see why he is nominated.

Khali, Brodus, D-Von: All of them are over with the crowd. Brodus's reactions have reduced but the kids still seem to enjoy him.

That leaves Tensai. Shit matches. Absolutely no crowd reaction. Looks like an overgrown baby in wrestling trunks.

I voted for Khali because he's move set these days seems to consist of only slapping people and the fact of the matter is the guy can barely move he struggles to walk down the ramp he is just awful to watch.

For as long as Khali continues to come under the heading of wrestler, it'll always be him. A man largely incapable of doing many and most things a wrestler is expected to do. Tensai gets way way way too much unwarranted hate. The fact that his début was hyped and he has essentially flopped means he was underwhelming. That doesn't put him in the same category as The Great Khali though.

For as long as Khali continues to come under the heading of wrestler, it'll always be him. A man largely incapable of doing many and most things a wrestler is expected to do. Tensai gets way way way too much unwarranted hate. The fact that his début was hyped and he has essentially flopped means he was underwhelming. That doesn't put him in the same category as The Great Khali though.

Alright, genius, tell me some of these things a wrestler is expected to do? I'm all ears.

Talk - Crossed off for obvious reasons.
Wrestle - Not very good at that.
Character - Tensai beats him in that department by actually playing one.

More or less the only thing Khali can do, he can't do very well, and certainly not as well as Tensai.

Talk - Crossed off for obvious reasons.

I sure have listened to Tensai speak a lot since his debut. Wait, have I?

Wrestle - Not very good at that.

Yet again, you fail to explain what this actually means. I'm suspecting you don't know and are just making up shit.

Character - Tensai beats him in that department by actually playing one.

Khali - Punjabi Playboy

Tensai - American guy with Japanese shit on his face

More or less the only thing Khali can do, he can't do very well, and certainly not as well as Tensai.

Yeah, because Tensai is setting the world on fire. Still waiting on that explanation.

You should know better than that.

... Why should I know better? I don't remember seeing a lot of him. In fact, I know he missed some time for some sort of brain surgery. Khali is getting votes based on reputation. I've seen Khali get carried to at least 2 respectable matches, he's got that over Tensai.

I voted Del Rio anyway. I'd rather watch some giant lug stink up the joint than watch someone suck the life out of every second they spend on screen.

I'd rather watch some giant lug stink up the joint than watch someone suck the life out of every second they spend on screen.

If you're yet to see Bo Dallas in action, you are in for one big shit scented surprise sometime down the road.

I sure have listened to Tensai speak a lot since his debut. Wait, have I?

But he can, and you and I know he can, and that alone means he can talk better than Khali.

Yet again, you fail to explain what this actually means. I'm suspecting you don't know and are just making up shit.

The ability to perform moves well. The ability to sell. The ability to demonstrate emotion in a performance. The ability to string together moves into a sequence. The ability to tell a story. A combination of these factors.

Khali - Punjabi Playboy

Tensai - American guy with Japanese shit on his face

And how is it that Khali plays up to that gimmick? What are the things he does that are specific to his character. Aside from jiggling like he's got two false hips if that's included, how would you know that Khali was a Punjabi Playboy unless you heard the commentator say it.

Tensai has shown that he is a completely different competitor since he was last in WWE. He wrestles with a strong style, resident to Japan. He holds himself in a certain way, grunts and shouts when he attacks which is a Japanese wrestling trait. You could look at Tensai and know what his gimmick is by the way he performs, that is what playing a character means.

Yeah, because Tensai is setting the world on fire. Still waiting on that explanation.

I would take Tensai's underwhelming run to the accomplishments of a guy who, if he lost a foot in height couldn't get an indy booking. Khali doesn't get a free pass based mainly upon girth.

But he can, and you and I know he can, and that alone means he can talk better than Khali.

The ability to perform moves well. The ability to sell. The ability to demonstrate emotion in a performance. The ability to string together moves into a sequence. The ability to tell a story. A combination of these factors.

And how is it that Khali plays up to that gimmick? What are the things he does that are specific to his character. Aside from jiggling like he's got two false hips if that's included, how would you know that Khali was a Punjabi Playboy unless you heard the commentator say it.

Tensai has shown that he is a completely different competitor since he was last in WWE. He wrestles with a strong style, resident to Japan. He holds himself in a certain way, grunts and shouts when he attacks which is a Japanese wrestling trait. You could look at Tensai and know what his gimmick is by the way he performs, that is what playing a character means.

I would take Tensai's underwhelming run to the accomplishments of a guy who, if he lost a foot in height couldn't get an indy booking. Khali doesn't get a free pass based mainly upon girth.

Khali has told stories against Cena and HHH. All he is to do is use his size and strength to dominate his opponent and for the face to try to find a way to survive and beat him. That's telling a story. What stories have Tensai told? Khali is fucking 7 feet and over 400 pounds. He doesn't need to be Dean Malenko. He uses the moves he does in the ring because they are effective. You're not going to see him do suplexes, flips, or other shit. Get that through your head.

Khali has told stories against Cena and HHH. All he is to do is use his size and strength to dominate his opponent and for the face to try to find a way to survive and beat him. That's telling a story. What stories have Tensai told? Khali is fucking 7 feet and over 400 pounds. He doesn't need to be Dean Malenko. He uses the moves he does in the ring because they are effective. You're not going to see him do suplexes, flips, or other shit. Get that through your head.

I'm not some indy smark. I'm not asking for a 630 corkscrew plancha followed by a chain of suplexes. I'm perfectly happy to tolerate guys like Bully Ray and Sting with their small grounded arsenal as long as the moves they do are still effective and they can perform them properly. Problem is, Khali can't perform the small pool of incredibly simple moves that he's supposed to do properly. He can't sell with any conviction, he can't portray emotions and he can't do things like a simple palm to the head effectively.

A guy like Tensai has never had the opportunity to go up against the John Cena's and the Batista's. Partly because he isn't very good admittedly, but partly because he wasn't blessed/cursed with acromegaly. That means he's never been boosted to the top of the card purely upon his physical proportions, ergo he's never had the chance to tell a
those 20 minute stories. But if he had, he'd have done a far greater job than Khali did.

Tensai's third match was against Cena and his fifth match was against CM Punk. Let us not forget in 2003, he was programmed against one of the best in-ring workers there ever has been in Benoit and he could barely get good matches out of him. Also, don't give me that
"boosted to the top of the card purely upon his physical proportions" nonsense. First of all, Khali was in the midcard a year before he even faced Cena. Secondly, there have been way more misses than hits when it comes to Vince's love of the big guy.

I'm not some indy smark. I'm not asking for a 630 corkscrew plancha followed by a chain of suplexes. I'm perfectly happy to tolerate guys like Bully Ray and Sting with their small grounded arsenal as long as the moves they do are still effective and they can perform them properly. Problem is, Khali can't perform the small pool of incredibly simple moves that he's supposed to do properly. He can't sell with any conviction, he can't portray emotions and he can't do things like a simple palm to the head effectively.

A guy like Tensai has never had the opportunity to go up against the John Cena's and the Batista's. Partly because he isn't very good admittedly, but partly because he wasn't blessed/cursed with acromegaly. That means he's never been boosted to the top of the card purely upon his physical proportions, ergo he's never had the chance to tell a
those 20 minute stories. But if he had, he'd have done a far greater job than Khali did.

Everyone knows Khali sucks in the ring, that's not even up for debate EVER. The problem is the award is for worst wrestler of 2012 and that was Tensai. Tensai was a complete and utter bust(mainly because the fans would allow it to be anything else i.e Albert chants every match) He had several matches with Cena, Orton, Sheamus, etc. Yet still no one cared. When Khali was pushed to the top he was the worst wrestler of that year, this year it's Tensai by a lot.

On a side note am I the only one who finds Tensais hissing really annoying?

Everyone knows Khali sucks in the ring, that's not even up for debate EVER. The problem is the award is for worst wrestler of 2012 and that was Tensai. Tensai was a complete and utter bust(mainly because the fans would allow it to be anything else i.e Albert chants every match) He had several matches with Cena, Orton, Sheamus, etc. Yet still no one cared. When Khali was pushed to the top he was the worst wrestler of that year, this year it's Tensai by a lot.

On a side note am I the only one who finds Tensais hissing really annoying?

To be fair Tensai was really hot-shotted. It took Ryback 6 months to get to the same position Tensai got to in his third match. Too much too soon. And partly because of that, yes, he was a bigger bust than The Khali this year as more emphasis was placed upon him. But this isn't a most disappointing wrestler, this is simply a worst wrestler. And because Khali has actually competed this year, I think that makes him eligible at least.

To be fair Tensai was really hot-shotted. It took Ryback 6 months to get to the same position Tensai got to in his third match. Too much too soon. And partly because of that, yes, he was a bigger bust than The Khali this year as more emphasis was placed upon him. But this isn't a most disappointing wrestler, this is simply a worst wrestler. And because Khali has actually competed this year, I think that makes him eligible at least.

I don't think worst wrestler is limited to just in ring performance. Wrestling is only part of being a wrestler. With that in mind I found Tensai to be the worst of the year with Del Rio a very close second.

untitled-1ahdjp.gif

This is my lasting memory of Del Rio this year. Making Orton look bad and everything.

Looks like Orton was out of position to me.

That's because Orton was out of position, that is an obvious set-up to the midair RKO, from there they were lost. I'm not a fan of ADR the character but as a wrestler, dude has nothing but praise. He's consistent as you'd like.

That is such an asinine statement. I don't know where to begin with that garbage.

R-Truth isn't on the list but he should have won this going away for the last four years.

What's asinine is your trolling.

R-Truth, just like Tensai, can use actual wrestling moves. Khali does a slow motion chop. And an occasional choke. And maybe, once in a great while, a head butt. So ok, he has one "wrestling" move.

I fail to see how the obvious escapes you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back