Who Is The Best Non-Wrestler Of 2012?

• Paul Heyman

• John Bradshaw Layfield

• Joseph Park

• Vickie Guerrero

• AJ Lee

• Jerry Lawler

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've not been as into AJ Lee in the past couple of months as I was during the entire love triangle angle but I feel she did more in the year than Paul Heyman; and I say that with a heavy heart because not only am I a big Paul Heyman fan but I was delighted to see his on-screen return during the summer. Paul is currently the better on-screen character and delivers each time, but taking the entire year into perspective it has to be AJ Lee.

That was easy. As soon as I saw Heyman there, I knew who I would vote for.

That being said, though, one other guy that actually is extremely good at his character and hasn't been given his due here so far is Joseph Park. He plays that part tremendously well, and comes across perfectly for what he's supposed to. Sure, they're going to go too far with it (like a lot of things they do), but this past year he's been pretty damn entertaining.

I can see the arguments for AJ and Vickie. I really can. I just can't give them the nod over Heyman. He's just the closest to perfect at what he does, and even with the IWC accolades doesn't get the attention he deserves.

JBL is extremely overrated, especially from what I've seen on these boards. I haven't noticed any dramatic improvement in the commentating at all since he's been back, and his voice and some of his comments are just fuck all annoying as all hell. He's more irritating than anything, yet people drool over his nuts like he's some kind of godsend. Personally, he could have stayed gone and I would have been happy. I probably could have even put up with that annoying douchebag Todd Pettengill again over JBL.

Jerry Lawler is Jerry Lawler. His best time was back when he was drooling over the divas and talking about puppies. Lately, though, even though he came back from a heart attack and that is commendable and deserves respect, he's just another WWE cardboard cut out.

Don't get me wrong, though. I don't blame Lawler. I blame Vince and the bland, vanilla direction he's made people go in for quite some time. There seems to be a beginning of an influx of variety and better character development again, but for the longest time WWE has had a stale style to it. Hell, you could watch almost any match and predict exactly what moves would be used and when. The heels were made to look weak and definitely not like a threat to the faces, and the faces were just smiling, robotic clones of each other.

I got off on a bit of a rant there, but anyway. Back to the point. Heyman is amazing and his personality feels the most genuine. Maybe that's why he's so good at what he does. Nevertheless, I just wouldn't feel right voting otherwise.

How is Vickie losing here? I get the massive hard-on everyone has for AJ, but Vickie is arguably the biggest heel in the company. CM fucking Punk can't generate the heat that she does.

Vote Vickie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back