Who Is The Best Non-Wrestler Of 2012?

• Paul Heyman

• John Bradshaw Layfield

• Joseph Park

• Vickie Guerrero

• AJ Lee

• Jerry Lawler

Results are only viewable after voting.
A lot will vote for Heyman as he has been great since his return but I feel AJ is deserving of some voting particularly her work with Daniel Bryan earlier in the year and I'm giving her my vote for variety's sake.

AJ, by far. You can bitch all you want about her time as GM, but that was because of piss poor writing, not because of a bad performance from her end.

The fact is, she was phenomenal throughout the Daniel Bryan/CM Punk feud and that was easily the best role any non-wrestler has pulled off in the last 10 years. She deserves all the praise and recognition in the World for being able to bring a unique female character in today's WWE that actually played a vital part in the A show's main program. Very, very impressive.

I think AJ is so annoying. People are just so stuck on the fact that she is "cute". She isn't cute and she looks like she is 12 years old. Sorry but I don't get it. The annoying facial expressions and her voice just make me change the channel. No, just no.

JBL by far for me. He stepped up when the WWE needed it; hell he claimed to want to be retired. JBL is an amazing announcer and him being in the WWE makes listening to commentary again worthwhile. I just wish he remained on RAW, but hey least he is back.

Everything that RKO said, JBL was the epitome of a heel announcer. He reminded me of the Venturas and Heenans of the old times. JBL, in my honest opinion could come back as a wrestler and still be relevant, let alone as a commentator.

I'm going with Vickie Guerrero, she may be kind of dull right now but she's been a heat magnet consistently for years now. If it weren't for her netting him massive heat Dolph Ziggler would probably be as obscure as Zack Ryder right now.

Close one between Heyman, Aj and JBL. I`ll go with Heyman. It was great to see him back. His involvement in HHH-Lesnar feud was crucial. He carried that feud for months despite the scheduling constraints of the main players. He was born with a mic in hand. Besides he adds to Punk`s current gimmick. So he wins for me.
Aj (she is not a non-wrestler btw) had a great year. Story with Punk, Bryan and Kane was the highlight of her year but her reign as gm was underwhelming. Also, Aj scandal is just painful to watch. Diva of the year but not more than that.
JBL is a huge addition to the below par announcing of the WWE but I would not say his impact can be compared to Heyman`s impact.

I'm voting for JBL, and you should too. Why? Well simply put when he came into the commentary fold following Jerry Lawler's heart-attack, he dramatically improved the commentary level of the WWE's programming. He, as a the bullish heel commentator forced Michael Cole to be a face. His prompts, his anecdotes and his observations made WWE's commentary a thousand times more bearable to listen to than it had been in the past.

That and he's my favourite wrestler...but yeah, that above stuff too.

Gta go Joeseph Park. Dude reinvented himself and done it extremely well. Plays the character brilliant and has some great moments.

Talking to Hogan backstage demanding a match:
P: Dont just look at my soft outside, its whats inside that matters.
H: Brother, all you have inside you is a lawyer, dude.

Hilarious.

He wont win, but maybe he should.

What has JBL done to be on this list, compared to the others?

This:

I'm voting for JBL, and you should too. Why? Well simply put when he came into the commentary fold following Jerry Lawler's heart-attack, he dramatically improved the commentary level of the WWE's programming. He, as a the bullish heel commentator forced Michael Cole to be a face. His prompts, his anecdotes and his observations made WWE's commentary a thousand times more bearable to listen to than it had been in the past.

AJ Lee.She was more interesting than the WWE title in the build-up to MiTB. Also, she had a lot to do with Bryan getting over.

I have to agree with the majority in AJ Lee. Though the "love multi-angle" has been played out over and over and over (not only in the WWE but in every organization current and past), this year she played her part to perfection. In many ways, she was like John Cena in which you didn't know whether the crowd would cheer or hate her for her Crazy Chick antics. I can go on another tagent about her wrestling ability; however, this is not the tread for that topic. So for the non-wrestler of the year for me: AJ Lee

JBL's been given a commentating job on the "B" show that WWE has treated more poorly this past year than they ever have before. And he's done, well, nothing else.

How in the World is someone like that "Best Non-Wrestler"? He has had no impact on any of the programming, and his commentating is average at best.

Heyman is the only person who one could make an argument for since he's so damn entertaining, but Punk's heel turn works just as well without Heyman, as does Lesnar's storyline with HHH, so while Heyman's been very entertaining and I'm super happy he's there, he's never been "needed" since returning.

As great as Punk and Bryan are, AJ was needed for their storyline to be the main focus on the A show. Without her, that feud ends up being a one-off match at Over the Limit and nothing else. But because she was so brilliant, WWE dragged out the storyline and it was simply fantastic.

While AJ probably deserves this, my vote will always go to Vickie, every single year. The woman generates more heat than anybody on the roster, and everybody on the midcard combined.

Wait a minute. Did somebody just question JBL's presence on this poll? I think so. Well, the man single-handedly fixed WWE's commentary woes. And what a difficult task that is, he also did it coming back after being absent for years. To do that and still be the best commentator in the WWE, is certainly worthy of recognition. That's why he's on the poll. Now just because he's on the poll and has done a brilliant job doesn't mean he should win the award. That's because both AJ and Heyman have done an even better job, Heyman for almost carrying the Lesnar/Triple H feud (verbally) and for making CM Punk an even better heel if possible. As for AJ, well, I think we can all agree she's easily been the most enjoyable female in the WWE for the past decade, not that the competition is strong, mind you. But still, her role in the love square (love triangle worked, so I gambled) with CM Punk, Bryan & that big red, wig-wearing, make-up wearing machine Kane, (No, not a cross-dresser, a machine) was nothing short of terrific. Outstanding, actually.

It's for her part in that angle alone, that's right alone, that should win her this most pretigious (I do like my sarcasm) award of ours. Although everything else she's done this year has been great. Apart from kissing John Cena, of course.

Meh. AJ is on and off. She was great and refreshing at the beginning of the gimmick, but that shouldn't fool people. She's had plenty of bad appearances.

I think for me it's between Heyman and Joseph Park. Heyman is Heyman, he could have entered this list by default. The first time he re-emerged from the entrance way and gave that returning promo whilst in the service of Lesnar, you remembered instantly how good he was and he's never really dipped below good.

Joseph Park might have seemed like a silly idea at first, but I know plenty of people who have turned around on the idea since they've witnessed the results. So many people gave Abyss no quarter because he's a big overweight guy that works slow, and they didn't like the way he cut a promo. But plenty of people have been silenced after witnessing his range. and how well he has connected with the audience. His feud with Bully Ray was one of TNA's top feuds of the years, and they pushed onto people an original match that was very well recieved with complex story additions in the backgrounds.(such as Abyss being Park's true identity and having him unaware of that)

On the balance of things, Heyman has been great as always he is, but Jospeh Park has been a breathe of fresh air. If not for the character of Abyss himself, then for the limits of the perceptions of the average wrestling fan who have learned that they can be manipulating into cheering for a schizophrenic lawyer.

I'm going with Vickie Guerrero, she may be kind of dull right now but she's been a heat magnet consistently for years now. If it weren't for her netting him massive heat Dolph Ziggler would probably be as obscure as Zack Ryder right now.

Ech you may be the only person aside from myself who doesn't hate Vickie. She is great at her job.

My vote went to AJ, but for this reason I would have given it to JBL if he had been around longer than a couple months. Simply masterful commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back