Why Paige should join The Authority

Sweettre15

Pre-Show Stalwart
I know it' most likely a moot point now considering the fate of The Authority but I really think that Paige could have benefitted from it. If they would have given her the protection, promo time and ring time Seth Rollins gets in this angle, I really think it would have gotten really over.

It would also fit because

1. She's the original top diva prospect of NXT and the first ever NXT Women's Champ much like Rollins was the first ever NXT champ:

Paige-and-Triple-H-620x350.jpg

NXT_132_Photo_30.jpg

2. Just like Rollins, Orton and even Batista before her, She has a marketable but alternative look. Meaning they dont have traditional super model/ movie star type looks in the same way A John Cena or Nikki Bella does but still have looks that girls and guys enjoy respectively.

3. She could also be a love interest for Seth Rollins.

Those two can easily play a vicious and cocky yet underhanded heel battle couple and they look like believable foils for each other as well:

tumblr_m0vvuxvmRN1qjlf0eo2_250.jpg

4. It would once again be a good chance for Paige to play a badass again like she did in NXT where all her promos felt more natural:

[YOUTUBE]kysyti_ZGQQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CQN79IWpeG0[/YOUTUBE]

I mean they could still pair them up and have Cesaro and Harper be heavies for them but What are your thoughts?

It could work to give her a boost since she's kinda dead in the water, but the timing's not good right now. If AJ retains on Sunday it'll be AJ vs Paige again and we barely got a small breather from that one. If Nikki becomes the new champ she's obviously heel and so would a Authority Paige, so yeah...

But it can easily work in the future(if the Authority's still around) as a feud for whoever dethrones Nikki, so it's a nice long term idea.

I could see it working just as well the other way if the authority falls out of power where she closely aligns herself with whomever is next in charge...

I mean she's billed herself as the "anti-Diva," right?

I would actually really like to see that. Paige is doing nothing right now in the cesspool known as the divas division. She could get some new life as the anti-diva she is supposed to be. It also would be awesome to see a woman in the authority ( ya know, besides Steph) that has a great future.

What's also good about it, is that even if Rollins doesnt make Paige his storyline girlfriend, they could work together in the same way that HHH and Chyna did during his Pre-Stephanie main event push. Those two already come off as distaff counterparts and have come off that way since NXT.

She can neither talk nor act, and will make the whole team look awkward, before taking them all down with her. Triple-H is the boss, Kane the enforcer, Seth Rollins the opportunist, Rusev the undefeated super athlete, Harper the repackaged psycho, Henry a (very) strong man albeit a filler, and Paige an even bigger filler that cannot do anything other than pull opponent's legs during Irish whip moves and laugh maniacally. Probably suck at that too.

She can neither talk nor act, and will make the whole team look awkward, before taking them all down with her. Triple-H is the boss, Kane the enforcer, Seth Rollins the opportunist, Rusev the undefeated super athlete, Harper the repackaged psycho, Henry a (very) strong man albeit a filler, and Paige an even bigger filler that cannot do anything other than pull opponent's legs during Irish whip moves and laugh maniacally. Probably suck at that too.

Actually when she's allowed to do something she believes in, She's quite comfortable on the mic. When she's allowed to be a badass...she can come off that way because she walks, talks and wrestles like a heel:

[YOUTUBE]UGwuxhZqSKo[/YOUTUBE]

They tried to add Nikki Bella and they've pretty much dropped it. Paige could more or less be a distaff counterpart as the cocky entitle golden girl. Nevermind the fact that none of those guys besides Rollins and Kane are in the Authority.

Paige would actually be able to be a good foil for face divas like Natalya to work with both on the mic and in the ring.

I can't see it working out for a number of reasons.

Everything about Paige's look and her character embodies the persona of a rebel or an outsider. To be a member of The Authority, you have to be a conformist, and fall in line behind Triple H and Stephanie.

Just look at Kane. In The Authority, he's not an evil psychopath, or a demon. In The Authority, Kane is stripped down to the core to be a corporate lackey, and its not just his personality. No red and black tights, no mask, no long hair, nothing. He's clean cut, and he wears a suit to become Corporate Kane.

That's why I don't like the idea of Paige joining The Authority, because you're taking away everything that makes her unique. Now, Paige has room to stand out and be different, with the Gothic rocker style look, but she can't do that in that in a suit behind Triple H and Stephanie, and you have to think about the possibility of Stephanie keeping her on a leash.

Also, you're taking a big chance with Paige getting lost in the shuffle. Triple H and Stephanie are more worried about shaping and molding WWE to fit their vision for the future, choosing the right WWE WHC, making John Cena's life a living hell, and protecting/pampering the MITB winner, so Paige instantly falls to the bottom of the list for top priorities.

When Paige is more established as a hot commodity on the main roster a year or two from now, and if The Authority is still around as a stable, then you can play up the whole sell out storyline, with Paige turning her back on the fans. Now, it's too early for her, and you're running a big risk for a major setback.

I can't see it working out for a number of reasons.

Everything about Paige's look and her character embodies the persona of a rebel or an outsider. To be a member of The Authority, you have to be a conformist, and fall in line behind Triple H and Stephanie.

Just look at Kane. In The Authority, he's not an evil psychopath, or a demon. In The Authority, Kane is stripped down to the core to be a corporate lackey, and its not just his personality. No red and black tights, no mask, no long hair, nothing. He's clean cut, and he wears a suit to become Corporate Kane.

That's why I don't like the idea of Paige joining The Authority, because you're taking away everything that makes her unique. Now, Paige has room to stand out and be different, with the Gothic rocker style look, but she can't do that in that in a suit behind Triple H and Stephanie, and you have to think about the possibility of Stephanie keeping her on a leash.

Also, you're taking a big chance with Paige getting lost in the shuffle. Triple H and Stephanie are more worried about shaping and molding WWE to fit their vision for the future, choosing the right WWE WHC, making John Cena's life a living hell, and protecting/pampering the MITB winner, so Paige instantly falls to the bottom of the list for top priorities.

When Paige is more established as a hot commodity on the main roster a year or two from now, and if The Authority is still around as a stable, then you can play up the whole sell out storyline, with Paige turning her back on the fans. Now, it's too early for her, and you're running a big risk for a major setback.

That's what I was trying to say in my prior post.

She's the anti-Diva.

To me that would mean going against the Authority.

Besides, Nikki Bella is currently basically the Authority Diva since Steph helped her out after she helped with the Brie SummerSlam match.

It could definitely work really well in my opinion. AJ is the target for Paige's attacks, as she teams with Ambrose or whoever against the Authority.

Paige has the dark look, that can play a heel, a dark heel really well in my opinion. Her heel promos are very good. When she came on Raw after WM as a face, she was really nervous, but after she turned, she really became very interesting.

The thing with Rollins could work, they seem so fitting together.

The thing is, they don't care about women's wrestling, except if it relates to Total Divas, which is stupid. After all, if Paige joined the Authority, it would definitely either be a bad booking and not be a successful move, or it would steal Stephanie's thunder and spotlight, which Steph would hate.

It won't happen, and it is sad, isn't it? They could have her with Bray Wyatt at some point, but hey, she's a woman...

The biggest problem with Paige joining the Authority is the Head Bitch in Charge. Stephanie would bury the shit out of any female in the group. Lana's man is just teaming with the Authority and her brief interaction with Stephanie was a joke.

I like this idea. Paige could become the Authority's answer to dominate the divas division. Have her tear through the divas division and win the divas championship. The same night Rollins cashes in his briefcase. New power couple right there. Let them get so cocky that the Authority turns on them, leading to Rollins/Paige vs HHH/Steph for power of the company.

The Authority already has a diva in their midst, Nikki Bella, they don't need Paige.

I feel bad for Paige, they brought her up, handed her the title, and basically changed her gimmick, and people were probably wondering, where did she come from?

She was great in NXT and should have translated well to the main roster, but as usual they screwed it up, and we have what we have now. Going on Total Diva's what a huge mistake. As The Anti-Diva, you would have thought that's the last place she would go. In among a bunch of women who can't act, have attitudes and bad weaves.

I never thought of it but yeah a Diva in The Authority would be interesting, especially Paige since she's probably the biggest heel Diva in the company besides Nikki Bella.

The Corporation didn't even have a Diva in their stable.

no not paige, if anything, bring in tamina snuka who is doing only 2 things right now jack and shit. she is more the authority type diva then paige would be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back