What Paige may do next

chicagokmc

Getting Noticed By Management
It seems like this "Paige has no one to help her deal with the numbers game" storyline is going the route of Paige finding allies from an unlikely place. To do something fresh while capitalizing on increased fan focus on NXT (because of the network, recent successful call ups like Neville and Owens, and even Tough Enough to a lesser extent) I can see her new allies being women from NXT. Paige is the most recent relevant diva call up from NXT and it makes sense that she would have the most connections still there. It doesn’t even have to be a full blown invasion angle but it could certainly even things up and introduce new blood to the wrestling side of the divas, not to mention potentially set up Total Divas for future seasons. Thoughts on this?

People have been suggesting this as the likely outcome for at least a month now. It's practically written in stone.

I'm betting they're either A) waiting for a bigger PPV to do it, or B) there really is a conspiracy in WWE to make Nikki's reign longer than AJ's :rolleyes:

Yeah, I thought there was a chance it would happen last night on Raw as there reports of a few of the NXT girls backstage.

Yea, this has been the plan for a while. Charlotte and Sasha will get the callup giving Paige some help against the Bellas and Naomi. The storyline writes itself, and it's obvious that's where they're going with it.

while i agree this seems to be obvious, do we think it is going to be a full on invasion angle divas style (this we haven't seen before) or, is it just going to be a targeted attack against the Bella faction?

while i agree this seems to be obvious, do we think it is going to be a full on invasion angle divas style (this we haven't seen before) or, is it just going to be a targeted attack against the Bella faction?

I'm actually hoping for a divas invasion except that there aren't enough NXT divas ready to call up. Charlotte and Bailey are a given but besides them no one else is ready. Sasha is the champion and starting a feud with Emma(and the other girl), which means they aren't going to be called up for a while(atleast according to an interview by the Bellas) and Becky Lynch is injured.

To be honest Im sick of this story between The Bellas and Paige. Paige talks about how the Bellas have hog the spot light from the divas, yet she's been in the championship contenders spotlight since she debuted(except for a couple weeks here and there). Wwe has Paige desperately trying to get backup when she's hasn't once shown she can be trusted...? Paige just doesn't fit this story IMO.
I would like to see a swerve were the divas admit the truth. The real reason they don't want to help Paige is because she's as bad as The Bellas are. That she don't care about giving other divas a shot she just want someone to have her back so she can be champion again. This will split the divas roster up and allow some of The NXT Divas to invade. Taking out the solo divas first (Paige, Natayla, Cameron) and then move on to The Bellas/Fox and Naomi/Tamina.

They need to call up Charlotte like yesterday.
I wish I could be as optimistic as the person who said this is basically set in stone. Cos to me, it looks like they have almost 0 plans for the division. With total booking inconsistencies, zero imagination and Bella's turning face to heel then back again every week.
The matches they're doing now, story-telling wise; absolute bottom of the barrel and it hurts to say that. Just watch the match at Beast in the East, it's a god damn TRIPLE THREAT for THE TITLE that last FIVE MINUTES and ends with A SINGLE FOREARM. it's literally just like the ref went "okay, your 5 minutes is up ladies, wrap it up". I'm so so convinced at this point that they really do not give a solitary shit. Even if Charlotte and the gang get called up, what hope do they have when a triple threat for the title lasts 5 minutes? Fucking Ric Flair in his prime couldn't make a 5 minute title match look worthy.
I won't be holding my breath for a cool/worthwhile women's storyline on Raw, I'll say that

honestly, i am kinda sick of the story of the Bellas vs. Paige. the whole twin magic thing would be ok if done right, but when i can tell the Bellas apart...it hurts the story....add to that, when twin magic failed on the Bellas, the ref (for some reason) didnt disqualify the Bellas which puts a huge logic hole in the story. Storyline wise, they were caught cheating, that's a DQ, but the big reason i hate the story is they have Paige losing in 3 on 1s and she hasn't had the help yet that we all know has to be coming. my hope is Charlotte debuts and helps with the Bellas. i personally would've had her debut yesterday, but maybe they will save it for the ppv....but i think they should take the title off Nikki now. Paige is ready for a title run and after the Bella and Paige/Charlotte feud, they can easily turn Charlotte heel. i like the Bellas, but i dont like the story they have been telling for over a year. first they feud, then Brie loses and becomes Nikki's slave, then she rejoins her for some unknown reasons after the month is up, then Naomi turns heel while the Bellas turn face, then the Bellas turn heel. that's both confusing and annoying and that's partly why i want Nikki to lose the title.

What's the difference, Paige will call up some NXT woman and the Bellas will destroy them. Nikki is on her way to breaking Maryse's record, or Beth Phoenix or whoever the hell holds the record. Nikki is queen of the divas division.

There's been all sorts of rumors about how this storyline is going to play out. Personally, it looks like the writers are content to keep this going as the Bellas dominating the division and no one helping Paige. If the goal is to have Nikki beat A.J.'s title reign, whatever. That's petty on their part, IMHO. I understand the Bellas are the featured attraction of the division w/"Total Divas," but don't marginalize the Diva's division just to keep them looking good.

But... it it's World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT, right?

Whatever the reason, I agree that this angle has been very poorly drawn out, with tons of loopholes and flaws. I'm a big fan of Paige (not much on the Bellas, but I'll say they have improved a lot), and I hate to see Paige being drug through this angle. But, she's the top face Diva right now, so there's that. I'm hoping that a payoff will come soon.

So, Captain Obious here - the fact that only Alicia Fox has claimed sides so far means that they will likely put two Divas with Paige for a 3-on-3 scenario at some point. But who will Paige's partners be? Let's see...

When they showed Naomi and Tamina backstage watching, making a point to say that they've claimed neutrality in the situation, that made me think that they will become part of this in some capacity. Why just single out those two? I don't think the writers would turn them face after Naomi just turned heel. But nothing really surprises me with the booking of the Divas division right now, so it could happen. IMHO, they need to keep her as a heel and a threat to the Diva's title. But the whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing could be put into play, since those three have axes to grin with Team Bella.

I doubt it will be any of the other Divas on the roster, because honestly, no one else matter right now. The only one that's not in this equation that could help it is Natalaya, but she seems to be out of the picture helping her convalescing hubby (Best wishes, TJ).

As for the belief that this will mean the long-awaited call-up for Charlotte and possibly Sasha Banks to the main roster from NXT, I REALLY hope that's true, and I believe that happens at Summerslam. A big stage to finally bring up NXT's two best women competitors. Sasha can still be the NXT Women's Champion and be called up, a la Kevin Owens. But, she'd have to drop it to move up full time. But, maybe they bring them up at Battleground. With this current booking mindset, who knows?

As always, I reserve the right to be wrong...

Nikki Bella is going to break the streak so the WWE doesn't have to have it in the record books that it was AJ Lee. Pettiness plus there. It's a lot of shit for a title no one really cares about.

As for this feud, it's boring as hell, and I like Paige. Last night was ridiculous. Considering that there seem to be only 6 Diva's and only one of them is a face, I don't even know what to think. Why aren't they using Naomi? Why is she standing in the back looking at a monitor? I think it's safe to say that Naomi's heel turn was a failure, and the reason she's claimed to be neutral is the fact they don't have anything for her. Not every single Diva can be fighting Paige.

It's well past time to get at least one or two of the girls up from NXT. Although in saying that, if they are watching this crapfest, they'll do better staying where they are.

I was gonna make this its own thread, but it fits jere. I would love them to do an all divas network specisl after they start an invasion type angle. Maybe after the angle mix up the rosters and send some back to nxt for some of the nxt divas making an impact on raw.

While it certainly is petty for them to wipe AJ's record out if that's what they're going for......I don't have a problem with it because Nikki is a deserving champion IMO. Personally I enjoy her ring work more than I ever did AJ's, which was extremely overrated IMO. Nikki is pretty damn good now. She's got some hard hitting moves and a great finisher. I have no idea why they turned her face for a couple weeks but it was pointless and dumb, as she is a natural heel.

AJ was better on the mic, though Nikki is passable there(she used to be bad).

If you ignore the "pettiness" aspect of it....Nikki is every bit as deserving as AJ was at having a long reign. Also, there's nobody else who is ready to be champ. Paige, we've seen enough of as champ for the time being. There's nobody else. Until one of those NXT girls is ready, let Nikki hold it.

I would kind of enjoy seeing her Mother join to feud with Paige and even siding with Paige's latest oponents maybe due to the mothers jealousy of her daughters success, It would certainly be something new as I don't remember a mother daughter feud before in the WWE and think sweet saraya is still a reasonable age to compete.

As excited as I am about Charlotte and Sasha finally moving up, there's a big part of me that doesn't want them to just be sidekicks. Two talented women like that should get their own individual spotlight. Also, Sasha as a face? I'd much rather they just keep her boss character and keep her heel.

I would kind of enjoy seeing her Mother join to feud with Paige and even siding with Paige's latest oponents maybe due to the mothers jealousy of her daughters success, It would certainly be something new as I don't remember a mother daughter feud before in the WWE and think sweet saraya is still a reasonable age to compete.

That's a very cool idea! I know Sweet Saraya is getting on a bit now as an active competitor, but she still wrestles on pretty big shows here in the UK. She teamed with Angelina Love in a match fairly recently.

As Paige has a Mum who is a still-active professional wrestler it would be such a waste if WWE didn't capitalise on this and use her in a match in some way, or at least have her come to ringside with Paige. The storyline practically writes itself!

As it's WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Saraya turn on Paige, and this leads to the introduction of Paige's new partners- the NXT girls Charlotte and Bailey.

When I said this first in one of my threads many fellas had mocked me for my ignorance and said that theory is asinine. Now I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought so. But the mockers had a point, even if Nikki's gonna beat AJ's record as the longest reigning Divas Champion, WWE have to acknowledge that Nikki had took over AJ's record. So AJ Lee will always be in the history book. WWE can never take Nikki up the status where AJ Lee was once on.

Cheers!!

What's the difference, Paige will call up some NXT woman and the Bellas will destroy them.

Possibly, but I'm still hopeful the whole thing will have more complexity than that. I hope the 'Paige rebellion' won't be squashed that quickly, but even if she and a couple of NXT gals come and destroy the Bellas', it would still virtually end the program that's been building for awhile. There has to be more to it.

Presumably, the reason we've been watching Paige get beat down by a bunch of people these past weeks is to set up whatever's coming.....and what we read is coming are some superior NXT girls.

Okay, but what then? I've been figuring a war starts, right? What's the sense of one side or the other outright winning the conflict on it's first night? Hopefully, there will be lots of twists & turns and personality clashes in addition to the wrestling action.

In other words, I hope the gals can act better than they wrestle.

Go, Paige. :)

If only there was a time machine...this would be the spot where Awesome Kong, or "Karma" as she was called in WWE, could come in as the ally Paige needs.

Do we think it is possible that Stephanie gets involved again but this time siding with Paige and whoever Paige's allies end up being?

Well yeah is obvious WWE is waiting til Nikki breaks AJ's record til they move forward with Paige, Charlotte and Sasha

I'm not sure I can take another couple of months of Nikki Bella and Team Bella, before she breaks the streak. And I really don't think the WWE can keep this feud of "Paige VS everyone else", for that length of time, before fans just tune out completely. It's already gotten a bit out of hand.

The longer they keep it going, then the more it becomes glaringly obvious they want AJ's name off the record books.

Presumably, the reason we've been watching Paige get beat down by a bunch of people these past weeks is to set up whatever's coming.....and what we read is coming are some superior NXT girls.

Okay, but what then? I've been figuring a war starts, right? What's the sense of one side or the other outright winning the conflict on it's first night? Hopefully, there will be lots of twists & turns and personality clashes in addition to the wrestling action.

I agree, and can definitely see this happening. According to the main paige (to be taken with a boat load of salt I know) the current plan is for Banks and Charlotte to eventually aid Paige. Meaning you would have Ric Flair's daughter who's "genetically superior", a "legit" boss, and of course Paige who refers to the ring as "her house" all coexisting? Not a chance. I can see them imploding sooner rather than later, giving the "Bella Empire" an initial cheap win. Though it should all end in a Fatal Four Way at NOC where Nikki drops the belt (safely after beating AJ's record of course :rolleyes:) to Paige. I guess if Banks is still NXT champ she could stay in NXT for a while longer (though I personally prefer her over Charlotte) while Charlotte stays.

Also, Bayley's hand injury seems to be the only thing keeping her out of the mix. Which I think is better for the moment, I don't think her character would particularly work with a mini invasion angle. Though she's shown that she can be aggressive, I think a separate debut would do her better...as long as it's not fumbled.

I think they now do 3 on 3 tag match at battleground. Paige Naomi tamina vs team Bella. then Paige off for few weeks and come with nxt divas like Sasha Charlotte and bailey. they may do nxt vs wwe divas match. after summerslam Nikki challenge Sasha for champion vs champion at NOC where both titles on the line. at the time of NOC Nikki surpass aj record. so Sasha wins wwe divas champion from Nikki.

Keeping Paige on the main roster gets more ridiculous every single match she has. She's barely above Naomi in regards to talent

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back