• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Battleground: WWE Divas Championship - AJ Lee (c) VS Paige

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This bout was made official on tonight's SmackDown! with Paige getting her rematch after dropping the title back to AJ a few weeks ago.

I have a feeling they could kick things into another gear with Paige at Battleground as part of building up a match between them at SummerSlam. There hasn't been much character development in Paige but, at the same time, treading water with her for a while may be what's best. Paige is only 21 years old and barring injury or some sort of major screw up that puts heat on her backstage, she's someone who potentially has a very long career ahead of her. While it's certainly tempting to really want a ton of focus to be put on her right from the start, it's probably not what's best for her in the long run.

I'm looking forward to actually seeing them in a proper match against each other and they can deliver a good, strong showing if given enough time. I ultimately see AJ retaining against Paige that may result in Paige moving towards a heel turn and more of the Anti-Diva persona that got so much attention in NXT.

AJ retaining is a surefire guarantee, so it'll be interesting to see how they set the up a rematch for Summerslam, because you have to believe they'll pull the trigger on a full blown heel turn with Paige at Battleground. Maybe Paige goes for a phony "good match" sportsmanship handshake after the match. AJ turns her back, and Paige attacks her.

At this point, Paige VS AJ is the only feud with some real intrigue in the Divas division. AJ dominated all of her challengers during her as champion, and she survived the Total Divas onslaught. Paige ran through of all her challengers during her reign as champion, so it wouldn't surprise me if they stretched this feud for a while. The real question is how do they maintain Paige's momentum, while AJ is still holding the title during the feud.

I agree that AJ is retaining here, and it seems a Paige heel turn is brewing right now so this is probably where it happens after the loss. I like the way things have played out with AJ and Paige, and am looking forward to seeing them go at it again.

I'd have held off from having this match for a month. Maybe pair A.J. & Paige together for a month against Alicia Fox and Cameron. Or one of those other heel Diva's.

This is a women's match that might actually hold peoplles interest. Why not save it for SummerSlam?

I'd love to see this match go about 15 minutes. Two of the top tier of the Divas division in possibly the only widely talked about Divas match up (which is why I'm assuming they snubbed Naomi a title run before AJ's return). Paige and AJ are talented technical wrestlers and could put on a classic blindfolded so I'm praying they get sufficient time and not just 5 minutes in between the 2 out of 3 falls tag match and the fatal four way or something like that.

I'd love to see AJ beat Paige in this match with the Go 2 Sleep. The pop for it would be incredible.

This should be an interesting match and feud for the divas division for the next few months. I'd like to see these two have a Submission Match at Summerslam for the title since they both have submission finishers.

This should be a good match. It sucks creative hasn't build any other competitors for the Divas' Championship besides Alicia Fox recently but as you can see Paige beat her with ease.

I'm hoping this feud continues on. They have potential to have one of the better diva feuds in recent years.

20140715_Battleground_AjPaige_LIGHT_HP.jpg

I personally think it is too soon to have this match, it should have been delayed until Summerslam. With that being said, the first true encounter between these two girls should be fantastic for divas match standards. We have the two very best on the roster in a real match. The two title "matches" they have had saw the champion not being (kayfabe) mentally ready either time, now they have had plenty of time to prepare and be able to show how much the division has improved and can continue to improve with them being the focus. I'm a fan of both so I'm happy no matter who is champion, but since I am so against rapid title changes I have to give AJ my support here. She needs to retain, in a match where both divas are booked strongly. A rematch and extended feud would then follow through Summerslam. Paige winning the belt back is not impossible, but I do not see it happening this soon. I see Paige losing and then fully turning heel afterwards out of frustration in not regaining her title, to add more development to her character. This match and feud could change fans' minds about the divas division, so I wish them both the best of luck. So when will the match go on? Either toward the very end of the show right before the Fatal Fourway main event, or toward the beginning. Should be excellent for a divas match and I'm looking forward to it.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
AJ retains the Divas Championship.

I\t will be a good WRESTLING match {not a divas match} as long as they give it at least 8 - 10 minutes and not end it with some crappy finish.I believe that after the match Paige is going to turn heel but this depends on how they are going with this going into Summer Slam.
I would have continue the feud with a 4 way title match at Summer Slam also involving Cameron and Naomi {mash the 2 feuds together} & have Paige win the title there only to lose it back to AJ at NoC {like I said in my Summer Slam prediction}.
Prediction: AJ retains and Paige turns heel afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back