WWE Payback - WWE Divas Championship: Paige (c) VS Alicia Fox

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Considering that Alicia Fox handed Paige her first defeat since coming to the main roster, this match had to come about. It should be a pretty decent match all in all, Alicia Fox is finally interesting in some manner, but Paige ultimately retains.

I think it's time to move Paige out of the underdog Diva role. I don't think anyone is really buying into it anymore, especially since most of the Divas on the roster don't have any huge degree of credibility.

The build up has been quite interesting. Paige had a good debut but hasn't done much since. Her stuff in NXT proves she can wrestle but they need to let her show that. Alicia Fox' meltdown has been good. It gives her something different rather than just being another diva.

Paige should win this and hopefully AJ returns soon enough. I reckon they can have a good feud and this is just filler until then.

Honestly, I've actually enjoyed Alicia Fox more than anybody else on the main roster. Though Paige will go over, the buildup has been interesting. I haven't cared about the diva's division this much since Mickie James-Trish Stratus.

Alicia Fox is one of the few divas I care about right now. I love Bailey and would prefer her in Paige's spot but she isn't what they are looking for and it's not about catering to me.

Paige has shown she can wrestle in NXT and Alicia Fox is very good when paired with actual wrestlers so this should be a fairly interesting Diva's title match. Alicia Fox has had her chance to shine over the last few weeks and get people interested in what she is doing, which subsequently will rub off for this match.

The only critique I have is that Paige hasn't done much and was given the same treatment Tamina received during the Extreme Rules cycle. I know they're building an underdog story and are building Fox to be a credible threat but it kind of hurts Paige when she isn't even featured. Champions should be featured every week in some capacity.

Unless WWE has actually soured on Paige, she's retaining the title against Fox.

It seems this has been bumped to the pre-show in favour of the midgets match for some reason. Paige definitely wins here as Alicia's gimmick benefits more from losing at this point and she seems to be more of the focus here than Paige.

20140526_Payback_Match_PaigeAlicia_LIGHT_HP.jpg

The only reason I'm looking forward to this match is Paige. Alicia Fox is not much of a challenger, but it could be worse. At least it's not one of The Bellas. She's also a step up from the previous challenger, Tamina. I can see it ending up being the worst match of the night. Paige may be able to get a tolerable match out of Alicia, but it won't be anything to write home about. There's absolutely no way Paige loses here. With how much talent she has she deserves to have a very lengthy reign until Emma or Summer can be built up to dethrone her, or for her to feud with AJ when she returns. Paige retains and moves on to her next challenger, Alicia goes back to not being relevant.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Paige retains the Divas Championship.

I'm not seeing what others see in Alicia Fox. She's the same character, but they're giving her more time to go on these wild rants. That's it, so I don't see the big deal for a possible resurgence.

Paige retains, and I have a strong feeling we're just waiting for AJ's return now. AJ returns to avenge the fluke loss, and maybe they'll turn Paige heel.

I have to be honest, there's literally nothing about Paige that makes me like her as a wrestler. I mean, she's hot, but when I watch her Raw matches, they are the same as watching Nicki Bella v. Summer Rae. I wouldn't mind seeing Natty against Paige, but in the meantime, this is all just time filler for me.

Paige wins after getting beat up for 4-6 minutes, and her entire offense is a drop kick and that terrible submission.

I agree that the build up had been good for this match yet I still have no interest in Alicia Fox. Paige should retain here furthering Alicia's rants, and hopefully we see AJ back soon for her title rematch.

Wouldn't any wrestler be more interesting if they threw a fit and acted crazy?

I don't see the interest in Alicia Fox whatsoever. There is no real reason for these two to fight besides Fox getting a win in a short match. Creative could've hyped the fact Paige lost in England, but they're not. It's just another match on the card but all the focus on Fox acting stupid. I'm not into this one at all. I suppose there are worse alternatives, though.

Paige to retain and Fox to act crazy one more time.

This is the first time I've watched Alicia Foxx since she has started this crazy gimmick. She did not look anything special in my eyes; apart from that video package in which she poured a drink over her chest- man! that was pretty hot, wasn't it? I wish they had given a close-up of that. Ahem... no more pervy remarks. So like I was saying, average moves, average acting, too hard on the expressions... Paige totally owned her in every department. That reaction after losing the match, saying something and then running awkwardly to the back... that too didn't really work out they way she would have thought, I guess. (btw, does she always keep her eyebrows raised or are they naturally like that?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back