Paige vs Emma NXT Divas Championship Finals

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
It was funny watching NXT and watching the semi-final match of the NXT Divas tournament between Summer Rae and fan favourite Emma. Paige the "Anti-Diva" who has been immensely popular for his ring style, personality and look has been the that breakout star from from WWE's farm system for some time. I really thought Summer Rae and Paige would renew their bitter rivalry from earlier, however Emma and her unique dance was really catching on in last few weeks. In a surprising outcome Australia's Emma did end up besting Summer Rae and sets up a very intriguing babyface vs babyface final between Emma and Paige. If you asked me 5 months ago Paige hands down was going to win this tournament but could quirky Emma and her red hot dance propel her to the be the first ever NXT Women's Champion?

I can't wait til both Emma and Paige are called up. The divas division needs a boost. It's hard to tell who is a heel and who is a face nowadays

a few diva's in NXT are billed as air-heads, Emma is one of them and it's an embarassement to Australia, no way would that fly on the main roster.

She can go in the ring no doubt but that stupid music and that ******ed dance is no good.

Paige should win, she can be the Sheamus of the Diva division lol

any of the NXT Diva's are a better choice in ring then the ones on the Main Roster barring a few when they are allowed to but i can't see any of them really doing anything on Smackdown or RAW regardless..

If anyone has been able to catch NXT on a pretty regular basis, I don't see how they can't be impressed with the progress that the NXT Divas as a whole have made.

Paige has been constantly and consistently impressive. She has a different in-ring style, look and general attitude when you compare her to the women of WWE, or TNA for that matter. There are still a couple of unanswered questions as it pertains to Paige, however.

Paige is extremely young, she'll only be turning 21 years old next month, and I can't help but wonder if she has the good sense, maturity and discipline when she goes out on the road with WWE. At the same time, however, she's been wrestling for 7 or 8 years already and was brought up in a wrestling family. Her family runs the World Association of Wrestling promotion in the UK, both her parents and both older brothers are wrestlers and they all trained her. Her mother is Sweet Saraya, whose been one of the top female wrestlers in the UK for years. She's a 3 time & current reigning Herts & Essex Women's Champion, a 1 time Queen's of Chaos Women's Champion, a 1 time Shimmer Champion and PWI ranked her #8 of the top 50 female wrestlers in 2012. Her mother is a 23 year veteran that's no doubt had a strong hand in Paige's career, so it won't surprise me at all if she's very mature and has a good head on her shoulders.

Emma has been in the business for almost 10 years now, factoring in her training and all that. So at 24 years of age and with that much time in, one has to assume that she has a lot of love for the business.

It should be a fun match between them and I'm hoping that Paige comes out the winner. Like I said, she seems to have a different look and general attitude than we commonly see in WWE or TNA female wrestlers. Emma has the more conventional look of the tanned, blonde bombshell that we've come to expect. Not that she isn't a good wrestler, because she is, but I like the notion of the first NXT Women's Champion being someone who doesn't have the standard look. Paige is hot, don't get me wrong on that, but she obviously doesn't do the whole sex pot deal that we're used to seeing in WWE or TNA.

I first saw Paige in Shimmer where she was playing a very different type of character as a spoiled brat in a tough love angle with her real life Mom Saraya.
The stand-out thing about her was how she worked the crowd albeit a small one.

In NXT she has again connected with her audience only with a very different type of character. I'd be shocked if she didn't win, much like Rollins was the ideal inaugural NXT champion, she is the perfect first NXT Divas champion and I don't think it will be long before we see her standing across the ring from AJ.

Emma is good and so is Bayley, while this week saw Ric Flair's daughter debut as Charlotte, she is very athletic with some innovative offense. The Divas division has a pretty bright future.

I kinda feel left out of conversations that deal with Paige. You all seem to love her and I just don't. Her in ring style is still very green. I've mentioned on numerous occasions that her anti diva gimmick just doesn't work for me, she's too clean and pretty. She needs more piercings and or tattoos to pull off the gimmick. And to be honest I'm a bit jealous of people who are fans of hers. Because I just don't see it. I wish I did. She is beautiful and I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating cookies. But I may kick her out of bed for cutting a bad promo.

Meanwhile I am completely entranced by Emma. Her goofy little dance. The way she barely makes it into the ring by skinning the cat. And my favorite part about her. The looks.

It's a standing tradition in Hollywood that funny women have to be ugly. Phyllis Diller was the one who made this trick popular in modern times. Everyone thought she was super ugly. And as a joke one time they wanted her to do a playboy shoot because they thought it would gross everyone out and be funny. Turns out Phyllis Diller was ridiculously hot under the facade, and they literally buried the photo shoot and made sure it never saw the light of day because she didnt want anyone to think she was hot. If you ever watched 30 Rock, Tina Fey practices the same thing. We all know she's a greek hottie but she goes out of her way too look ugly and even put herself down as much as humanly possible. Because she feels her beauty would detract from her ability to get laughs. Which I disagree with (and cite her best friend Amy Poehler as evidence to the contrary), but its her life.

So that brings us back to Emma. It wasn't til about the 5th time I saw her that I actually realized a stone cold hottie had been sneaking by me every week. And frankly she doesn't work very hard at covering her beauty up. Its all thanks to her amazing ability to be utterly goofy that I didn't realize how beautiful she was. To me that's a really big sign to expect big things out of her. And I can't wait to see what she does next.

P.S. Scotty - technically you posted a spoiler, NXT happens in different times all over. I forgive you. THIS time =P

I'm personally really excited with the talent in NXT in general, but the light looks pretty bright when it comes to the new breed of divas.

Paige and Emma are huge favorites in my book, both stand out to me not only for their wrestling ability, but their gimmicks as well. With Paige we have the "anti" Diva gimmick, which along with the look that goes with it, is a nice change of pace from the usual Diva shtick. Not only can she wrestle, but she is probably one of the first in a while that make me want to follow the diva matches, I'm hoping they actually keep her gimmick when they move her up for that reason.

As for Emma, again, another gimmick thats a fresh breathe of air for the Divas, but I don't expect it to to really stick once shes brought up for reasons others have already stated. I feel like she has a heel-like feel, that if given the right gimmick she would really hit it out of the park. I'm not sure exactly what that would be, but I feel like it would go over really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back