• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How does Emma get back into the mix?

wrestler36

Championship Contender
All the talk about the 3 NXT divas debuting last night to elevate the division and I can't help but think about Emma. I didn't watch NXT last year, but I know the talk was always about Paige and Emma before it was Charlotte and Sasha. Question is, how does she get back into the mix? It seems like she's turned and developed a bit of a mean streak now. Does she come back as the jealous heel who should've been part of the movement, but was held back? She can obviously go with the best of them, yet the pairing with Santino and the arrest put her in a bad spot pretty quickly. Odd how she and Paige worked their way in NXT and debuted around the same time yet took drastically different directions.

It's weird how the WWE has treated some of the NXT wrestler's. Some like Neville, Owens and to a certain extent Zayn, came up with a huge push and battles with top tier guys like Cena.

Other's like the Ascension, Adam Rose and Emma, were just sort of thrown in there and everyone waited to see if they would sink or swim. Adam Rose they've tried different things, but it's still not working. The Ascension have fallen off the face of the earth, and Emma is back in NXT.

I don't think we'll see her back up on the main roster for awhile. They've got to get the new girls in and involved, and maybe just maybe Emma might come up with Bayley when she makes the jump. They can't leave NXT with no woman wrestlers, so probably because of the fact she didn't go over well, and that wasn't due to her fault, she'll stay in NXT for awhile.

I say she stays in NXT and continues to build the NXT woman's division around her. That seems best for her right now. She needs to continue to develop her new character without all the bubbles and dancing shit, then they can worry about bringing her up to the main roster. It's already a loaded divas division with Becky, Charlotte and Sasha getting called up. Emma was never talked about to be part of the movement and she shouldn't, it was always those 3 woman and maybe Bayley. I don't see any positives with bringing Emma up to the main roster right now.

If you ever saw Emma when she was in Australia, your mind would be blown. She has skills, and could easily be one of the best technicians in the Divas Division. If I was someone like Command Bolshoi, Rossy Ogawa, or Chigusa Nagayo, I would be praying to God that she gets future endeavored. She would be far more appreciated in Japan, and those three would sign her for their promotions in a heartbeat. She will NEVER get anywhere in WWE. That theft case in Connecticut embarrassed the Company to no end. The only reason why they kept her was that it was too close to their Australian tour. Her punishment was getting her WWE career buried. They basically have her in NXT because she has to do something for her paycheck. Eventually, when enough people forget about her, they will quietly future endeavor her. This way, she will have to do the "hot dog and a handshake" route for a long time.

Unless she gets signed in Japan.

How does Emma get back into the mix? Simple. Three NXT divas debuting on the main roster frees up quite a bit of space at the top of the NXT divas division. Sasha's highly likely to drop her belt soon so she can be full-time on the main roster. Emma and Bayley are the ONLY two who should be considered to take the belt. The other NXT girls either still need a little more training or simply just suck. Emma's got a good thing going with her new heel persona (I never thought I'd ever find myself saying that, I really liked her face character) so if she dominates NXT for a while as its top heel and gets an NXT Womens Championship run, she'll be ready when it comes time to get another chance on the main roster. I wouldn't mind seeing her work both brands and get a Divas Championship opportunity, but the three who debuted on monday deserve to get that opportunity first. She has the talent needed to succeed. She just got unlucky with getting forced into the comedic role with Santino. The legal mishap did her no favors either, but the fact that they took her back speaks volumes. She deserves another chance and she's getting it.

She would be far more appreciated in Japan, and those three would sign her for their promotions in a heartbeat. She will NEVER get anywhere in WWE. That theft case in Connecticut embarrassed the Company to no end. The only reason why they kept her was that it was too close to their Australian tour. Her punishment was getting her WWE career buried. They basically have her in NXT because she has to do something for her paycheck. Eventually, when enough people forget about her, they will quietly future endeavor her. This way, she will have to do the "hot dog and a handshake" route for a long time.

Unless she gets signed in Japan.

:lmao:

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here. I remember you. You're the same guy who claims Trish Stratus, the greatest WWE diva of all time and one of the best female wrestlers of all time, "sucks because she never wrestled in Japan". Now you want Emma to get fired so she can go work in Japan? Seriously!? What's wrong with you!? They have her on NXT for a reason, but what you posted could not possibly be more incorrect. Three of the best NXT divas just made it to the main roster. Most of the remaining NXT girls need more training. So they'd need good wrestlers to work with. That's where Emma fits in. She also gets to establish her new heel persona more.

Emma deserves the second chance she is getting. She should remain right where she is, dominating NXT while helping the new girls improve, then work her way back up to the WWE Divas Championship shot she deserves but never got. Emma's near the bottom of the list of divas who need to be future endeavored. The Bellas, Eva Marie, Cameron, and many others should get future endeavored before Emma should even be considered for such a thing. Shame on you.

Other's like the Ascension, Adam Rose and Emma, were just sort of thrown in there and everyone waited to see if they would sink or swim. Adam Rose they've tried different things, but it's still not working. The Ascension have fallen off the face of the earth, and Emma is back in NXT.

It's weird though because each of these had a decent build build before debuting, with Rose having probably the best vignettes. Emma was shown in the crowd for a few weeks/months and The Ascension had a handful of (seemed obvious to me) scripted promos. I think debuts need to be hooked into a feud or a direction right away. The Wyatt family had Kane, Shield hotshot into the main event and now you see these divas as the new crop for a 'revolution.' Neville's athleticism keeps him somewhat relevant but he hasn't really had anything to do since his debut.

Hopefully, they put the NXT belt on her, and they let her build the NXT Divas division again.

Not everyone HAS to be on the main roster. Honestly, I think that Sami Zayn and Tyler Breeze are MUCH better equiped for the Indy feel of NXT, and I don't think that they really translate well onto the main roster. However, I feel as though Balor and Hideo Itami DO translate onto the main roster.

Let Emma use her experience and expertise to keep the NXT Divas division relevant.

She has skills, and could easily be one of the best technicians in the Divas Division.

Yes, one can see she knows what's she doing in the ring, at least until it's time for her to take the fall again.

The 'nerd' character she plays was a bit interesting at first, yet became tiresome in a hurry.....and worse, it might have branded her a patsy for good in the eyes of WWE management. As I've lamented in the case of Drew McIntyre, once WWE has cast you with a loser image, they don't want (or can't) find a way to change a fall guy into a winner.

This might be Emma's problem too, yet with the lack of direction shown in the character development of the diva division, perhaps it wouldn't be as hard to re-invent Emma as it might seem.

How to do it? Maybe she can form a 'clique' of her own to oppose the three we saw created Monday night. Even if she isn't the leader, as part of a pot-shotting group of rebels, folks might see her differently.

Then again, a rebel group didn't work for McIntyre, so.......

She doesn't.

Not that she lacks the talent, she just has no real footing in this angle as it was introduced. Yeah she's from NXT, but unlike Paige she made no impact save the controversial Walmart incident. I still blame her firing/rehiring as at least part of the reason her initial push to the main roster was such a fumble. Not that pairing her with Santino and keeping her small crowd gimmick wasn't an issue...mind you.

Her and Natalya are two of the better known divas who just kind of missed out, they'll be warm bodies in a #1 contenders battle royal:

Cole: "And lets not forget about Emma here guys she was also an NXT original that came up to the main roster, kind of lost herself and found a bit of a mean streak. Lets see how that plays out here."

She's then the first to be eliminated.

Cole: "And Natalya the niece of the legendary Bret Hart certainly no slouch either..."

Second to get eliminated.

:shrug:

I agree Emma should stay in NXT with Bayley, and honestly Natalya should join too just to avoid obscurity.

They can't leave NXT with no woman wrestlers

Exactly!! NXT undoubtedly can't run without potential Divas in their Roster. Carmella and others are pretty green as far now. The only emerged current NXT Divas are Emma and Bayley. Their feud is going quite interesting; sort of so much personal. Moreover Emma has been apt to the role as a heel. She certainly got those devilish looks and undoubtedly that persona. So at this moment, I wouldn't bring either her or Bayley to the Main roster until there's some real talent with brilliant potent step up to the task of engaging the Divas Section in the NXT.

Cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back