Rebuilding the Authority

GeTiTT

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was thinking about past factions and how most in the past really paved the future for most men involved. DX, Evolution, The Shield, and more. Looking at the Authority it just consist of worthless has beens trying to get over Seth Rollins. Rollins has been the only person benefiting from this faction. So why not reevaluate the members of the Authority.

Kane- Looks like he is already on his way out any day now going back to Monster Demon Kane.
Big Show- needs to retire
J&J- completely useless. Have them fired from the Authority as soon as Seth Rollins loses the WWE Title.

I see Rollins losing the title to Roman Reigns at Summer Slam. After the Authority goes nuts fires J&J then hires new reinforcement for the Authority. The Ascension comes out in suits and new music dropping their current terrible gimmick. They will in turn build up to be contenders for the Tag titles. Baron Corbin debuts and acts as the body guard to Seth Rollins evetually becoming top mid card contender. To complete the faction I would debut Charlotte to be the Diva in the faction to help build her up before she enters the Divas title scene.

What are your thoughts on the future of the authority? Do you think the stable should be used to build of future talent in the WWE and not just focus on 1 person?
Who would you add from either the current roster or NXT roster?

Well, The Authority have enhanced the careers of several stars mostly through programs in which they're the antagonists. Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns have most decidedly benefited from programs involving The Authority.

In Bryan's case, it's obvious looking at things now that WWE meant for him to be a major player going forward even though he's been sidelined by injury that may well force him into early retirement. Even if he'd have dropped the strap to Lesnar at SummerSlam, he'd have still been in the title picture for the rest of 2014; he may have wound up winning the Rumble this year to challenge Lesnar for the title at WrestleMania for all we know. Had he not been injured, the entire structure of WWE over the course of the past year could be vastly different than what we've seen. Upon returning, WWE had big plans for him in using him to giving a much needed recharge to the Intercontinental Championship and if they'd have booked him half as strong as we've seen Cena getting since he's been United States Champion, the IC title would be in a much, much healthier place than it's been in probably a decade. But, as we all know, fate's come along and had other plans which have derailed Bryan's career; it's lousy luck for the poor guy, but it is what it is.

As for The Shield, their feud with Evolution resulted in a couple of flat out epic encounters. I guess, unofficially, Evolution & The Authority were one and the same as Orton was still The Authority's golden boy, Triple H was still COO and Batista was...well he was Batista. Even though The Shield were already established and over, this feud definitely elevated them as Evolution is among the top wrestling factions of the past 15 years; while the prime days of Evolution were gone, they still had name value and nostalgia going for them. The purpose of their reunion was ultimately to put The Shield over and facilitate at sudden heel turn for Seth Rollins that nobody really saw coming.

In terms of being sort of rebuilt with line up of younger talent, I don't think it'd work right now. The Authority's been around nearly 2 years, they're already long since established as this condescendingly arrogant gaggle of corporate executives who abuse their power; while the prevalence of The Authority has been dialed back significantly in the post WrestleMania season, which is a good thing, there's not much left to be done with the current format.

One POSSIBLE way that ]MIGHT work is for other veterans to sort of step in, like maybe Kevin Nash and X-Pack for instance, to be the new "face" of The Authority with Trips & Stephanie only appearing on TV a handful of times a year. They'd have to establish their own identities rather than acting or behaving, adopting the same mannerisms, etc. that we see Trips & Steph use; they shouldn't be used as stand ins parroting the style of the original Authority. As for having younger guys added to the mix, I could see them keeping Seth Rollins, maybe bringing in Kevin Owens as well, possibly Sheamus or Wade Barrett, possibly Harper & Rowan as the gritty enforcers of the group.

I think Triple H and Stephanie need to be usurped. Their storylines have begun to make no sense on a continuity level because they've been around so long. Why is Triple H tolerating Rollins, while he nearly booted Randy out for needing to be carried? Even cowardly Randy was presented as stronger than Rollins. Why is Steph harassing Nikki, whom she helped get into the title scene in the first place? Are we ignoring that Nikki was a corporate sell out?

If they want to make Kane relevant again, instead of turning face, have him somehow boot Trips and Steph out and take power for himself. He can be an even more twisted authority figure, with neither the faces or heels being safe.

The WM storyline with Sting needed him to beat HHH and for some of those whom he helped save to form a faction against the authority. But no, WWE went with a nwo vs dx storyline that made little sense when looking at the buildup. In fact, scrap that... back at SS when Sting debuted and the authority lost power, they should of been out of power for a lot longer than they were. Vince should of stepped in, appointed a new person in charge, then had the authority trying to win back power over a number of months.

As for all the has beens in the authority, this is the most annoying part. There could be loads of younger talent which are doing not a lot benefiting from this, lets be honest, currently lame and long drawn out storyline.

I think Triple H and Stephanie need to be usurped. Their storylines have begun to make no sense on a continuity level because they've been around so long. Why is Triple H tolerating Rollins, while he nearly booted Randy out for needing to be carried? Even cowardly Randy was presented as stronger than Rollins. Why is Steph harassing Nikki, whom she helped get into the title scene in the first place? Are we ignoring that Nikki was a corporate sell out?

This is the major problem with WWE today. Vince wants his programming so desperately to be taken seriously by non wrestling fans but the standard of storytelling is just abysmal. We live in an age where every gesture or comment in Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad etc. gets pulled apart by fans to see if they can get some meaning or foreshadowing from it. The three shows listed have all become so successful because the writing has linked scenes throughout seasons and brought the fans in to the show by having them have debates about what it all means.

In WWE then we just have such glaringly obvious plot holes that it's just frustrating and off putting. I mean how hard would it be for Vince to have a small team of continuity writers who pick through the scripts for Raw and Smackdown and ask for rewrites on places that don't make storyline sense?

I would think we'll see a disbanding of the Authority before a re-tooling. Either Mrs. & Mrs. Levesque will stop appearing on TV so much, while the other guys drift away, with the group coming apart due to attrition.....or a program will evolve that blasts the Authority out of existence...... either way, having a single entity ruling the entire company with absurd proclamations will end.

The problem with finding newer, younger people to populate the group after the old guard leaves brings the problem of who should be used. A few people on this forum suggest guys from the top of the NXT class: Neville, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn......but the problem with that is if WWE uses the guys they want to feature as the next wave of individual talent, they'd be burying these guys in a group......and where are the main event people of the future supposed to come from? I don't think Neville, Owens and Zayn would be best served sacrificing their singles' pushes to work in the service of Triple H and Stephanie.....or Seth Rollins.

No, I think it's better to use people like Big Show, Kane, Noble and Mercury; guys whom we all know, yet are past their prime and.....most importantly.....not doing anything else that inclusion in the Authority interferes with.

By the way, my preference is to do away with the Authority angle; it's been a good program, but is now tiresome, overdone and overbearing.

If I were WWE I'd flip it by having a new heel stable dominate Raw for a few months and eventually have Triple H lead a gang of faces to retake power. We know we're not going to stop seeing Triple H on our screens but the Authority angle feels played out now, this could freshen it up a bit.

I'm thinking they could try recreate the Bullet Club in WWE by having NXT guys just club together and run roughshod over everyone else. A faction consisting of Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Tyson Kidd, Bo Dallas, Cesaro and The Ascension would be a real threat tp the top babyfaces. You could even stick in the likes of Daniel Bryan, The Wyatt Family, Neville or Wade Barrett if you felt like it. That's without even mentioning calling up wrestlers like Charlotte, Sascha Banks, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn or whoever else.

I like the idea in the op.
I think Kevin Owens should join the authority and feud with lesnar
He could be their hired gun
Have Blake and Murphy debut as the tag team and replace j and j
Have sasha banks be the diva she would be much better as a heel authority character
An obviously keep Seth Rollins as leader

I think in this day and age things work best when there's at least an element of truth or perceived truth in them.

Therefore, I'd like to see Sheamus join the Authority. It's long been said that he got such a huge initial push because he and HHH were workout buddies. Would love to see him join as the Authority's muscle, and also get a significant push from being favored by the Authority.

I'd also like to see someone turn and join. I still would like to see Cesaro do this, and even eventually replace Rollins(with a Seth face turn) as their #1 guy.

I do think they should have a female wrestler member too. Not sure who though. Nikki Bella would've been the obvious choice after her storyline with Stephanie last year, but they screwed that up. But it would seem that they should want to control that division too, and would make the divas division seem more important.

I still want Chris Nowinski for Commissioner - appearing in person when the situation calls for it, otherwise via satellite or handing down rulings via letter.

You can't make Foley or someone like that Commissioner because fans will expect them on the show all the time. The Commissioner doesn't need to be a fleshed out character.

Joe Joe Dillon was the best at walking that fine line and never stretching too far outside it as Commissioner of WCW.

I was thinking about past factions and how most in the past really paved the future for most men involved. DX, Evolution, The Shield, and more. Looking at the Authority it just consist of worthless has beens trying to get over Seth Rollins. Rollins has been the only person benefiting from this faction. So why not reevaluate the members of the Authority.

Kane- Looks like he is already on his way out any day now going back to Monster Demon Kane.
Big Show- needs to retire
J&J- completely useless. Have them fired from the Authority as soon as Seth Rollins loses the WWE Title.

I see Rollins losing the title to Roman Reigns at Summer Slam. After the Authority goes nuts fires J&J then hires new reinforcement for the Authority. The Ascension comes out in suits and new music dropping their current terrible gimmick. They will in turn build up to be contenders for the Tag titles. Baron Corbin debuts and acts as the body guard to Seth Rollins evetually becoming top mid card contender. To complete the faction I would debut Charlotte to be the Diva in the faction to help build her up before she enters the Divas title scene.

What are your thoughts on the future of the authority? Do you think the stable should be used to build of future talent in the WWE and not just focus on 1 person?
Who would you add from either the current roster or NXT roster?

I think they do need to shake up The Authority. There's so much repetition, especially since HHH doesn't wrestle full time. There's only so many Rollins/Kane/J & J Security tag matches/angles you can do.

I'm fine with it being focused on one person. If anything, I'm surprised they haven't had all the title holders in The Authority. Titles = power.

Kane needs to turn face and put his mask on. I doubt he's retiring anytime soon but a main event run against Rollins before Brock comes back would be awesome.

Show needs to go the tag division.

J & J need to stay backstage.

I'd love to see Sheamus replace Kane as the muscle of The Authority, especially if he becomes IC Champion. Rusev would make a great member, I can see him getting lost in the shuffle after he finishes feuding with Ziggler so to prevent that he can also be The Authority's muscle and chase the US title again. Rollins is fine in The Authority. Naomi and Tamina would make great members of The Authority too. They could have The Authority back them as they try to take the titles off The Bellas. Remember Steph doesn't like The Bellas.

The Authority could benefit from a makeover, bit I would prefer to see a new Faction. In all of wrestlings factions over the years, I see 3 models that are all but Flawless (4 Horsemen, Evolution and Triple H led DX) All kept it small and everyone had and knew their roles. Plus they all built stars who otherwise may not have made it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back