What's in Undertakers future after WM 27?

iwinulose

HEAT ATTRACTER!!!!
the title says it all, but what do you guys think will happen to the undertaker after wrestle mania 27? will he disappear for 6 more months? or will he stick around and actually wrestle?

questions:
if undertaker wins, will he be around or just disappear for another half a year?
if undertaker loses will he retire for good? (cause lets face it, taker is there only for wrestle mania now, its the only time of the year that is a definate time we see him wrestle).
(now im doughbtful) will undertaker actually wrestle people on smackdown and/ or raw after WM 27? or is he gone again?
tell me what you think.

Deadman, Phenom, Reaper Of Souls, Prince of Darkness.. He has many names.. He's undoubtedly The best big man ever in WWE, undoubtedly one of the biggest superstars ever and undoubtedly has reached the twilight of his career.. More often than not when I saw him this past year it was in this condition

Tired-Undertaker-Holding-Ropes-500x312.jpg

As the time for hanging his boots comes closer we can only imagine what gaping hole will he leave, the biggest being no more STREAK MATCHES AT WRESTLEMANIA..

From WZ Forum, I once in an article of Jim Ross read that Taker might go upto WM 30.. Do you think he possesses that much gas.. Or do you think he'll round it at a nice 20-0 at WM 28 and ciao!!

Its evident by the lack of physical participation on taker's part this time that he is not completely healthy and Trips would have to do the major role in this match at Mania.. Then again he would take his leave of a few months [Probably]...

Now I want you to discuss the following

When will Taker Retire, or you think is the right time for him to retire?

Whom do you think he will retire against?

If he goes till WM 28 than, and if he chooses to stay till WM 30 than, what and how should he plan his career?

At any point how would you like the culmination of the character Undertaker?

Should he take an apprentice of sorts to pass off the Dark Powers?

How would you write off the saga of the BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION seeing as Kane is coming to an end of his career as well..

Discuss.. And no spamming...

As a human being, I think he should retire now. Forget Wrestlemania 27, it's not worth your health. He's a broken down old man with an injury list as long as he is tall. He lived in the spotlight for longer than most and that's commendable, but it's time to stop.

However, if he wants to extend his career somewhat, stick to the big matches. Come back for Wrestlemania and then leave right away. Spend the year away nursing your injuries, getting in what passes for fighting form. Make what time you have left count.

God forbid you end up like Hulk Hogan.

Next years Wrestlemania after he goes 20-0.

The biggest star he hasn't fought is Cena so it's more than likley going to be Cena.

No, there can only be one Deadman.

1. I hope Taker retires next year. He should stay away from the E until Royal Rumble time next year and have one big last match.

2. I hope it's Cena but unless they plan on turning Cena heelit won't happen. Maybe CM Punk or Orton?

3. He should under no circumstances stay past Mania 28. He would be a train wresck by then. (His body arguably already is now)

4. No. No need for this. He's fine the now.

5. No. There's only one Undertaker. Anyone else would be a stain on his legacy and would bring him down.

6. Perhaps have Undertaker and Kane have a partnership going into next Mania planning on taking out 2 or more individuals. Like in 02 Rock vs hogan austin vs Hall. Maybe have Taker vs Punk and Kane vs two of punk's cronies.

The Undertaker's streak will make him the greatest wrestler of all time... if it stays intact... however.. if someone can end the streak.. I think The Undertaker drops but for sure is in The Top 5.

I think the streak should be ended... Its too huge of a push for the right superstar.

Ya'll talk about Cena and others not putting other wrestlers over... well who has Undertaker put over?

This is The Undertaker's chance to perhaps give the biggest push to someone in the history of the WWE... a 20 year streak to be ended by the proper guy.

If he does go 20-0 and retire, I bet he'll be back in future years.

You just merged 2 completely different questions together. I don't know when Taker will retire I'm pretty sure no one knows but I think the right time for him to retire will be after reaching 20-0 at WrestleMania 28.

If they could get something going for the Million Dollar Son than I'd love for him to be the one to step up and take out the man that his father brought into the WWE - It would just be the perfect way to make his career come full circle.

If he goes till WM 28 than, and if he chooses to stay till WM 30 than, what and how should he plan his career?
I don't understand the question

I really don't know. He has done something that almost NO ONE has done by being this gimmick and becoming one of the biggest stars in the history of wrestling. I don't know if anything will do his magnificent career justice.

I hope to god he does but I'm afraid there will be no one worthy of his greatness. I feel like that person will not be good enough to be the new Phenom or whatever but from a storyline standpoint it makes perfect sense for him to pass on his Darkness to someone else.

How would you write off the saga of the BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION seeing as Kane is coming to an end of his career as well..
I kinda want them both to have an apprentice to carry on each individual's gameplan, but that seems highly unlikely so I don't know. I want the brothers to leave on amicable terms, respecting each others' abilities without necessarily respecting their morals

He should retire right now. I think he is a very nice person for staying in WWE even though he has enough money to retire.

He should put somebody over. Probably Wade Barrett. Undertaker seems to be really high on Wade Barrett for some reason. I personally hate Wade Barrett, but the question says THINK, not want.

I would keep him healthy. Limit his matches every year. Probably 3-5 matches a year, cut promos to build up PPV matches. His body is so bad right now.

Pass it down to Husky Harris.

Yes, I would pass it to Husky Harris. His new gimmick seems closest to Undertaker's.

Have them in a tag team match at Survivor Series so that the streak won't be touched. Make it a team gets fired match. I would book them in a match against David Otunga and Wade Barrett because Otunga hinted the reason why Wade Barrett attacked Undertaker and Wade Barrett is just Wade Barrett. Kane didn't need help back then at Bragging Rights so he wants revenge for Nexus helping him. I would book this like Orton vs Punk. Wait a few years and BOOM, screw one of them over for the title.

Why does Undertaker have to "retire" as oppossed to "Walk Away"? I would have him walk away which always leaves the door open to appearances rather than retire which is in every other walk of life (other than wrestling and Brett Favre) generally a permanent statement.

Again, I think he should just walk away. If he is the last of the Outlaws after beating Triple H then he should end his career by walking off into the distance. After all Outlaws is a Western reference and they always rode into the sunset.

Yeah, I don't think I get that question either.

Its already reached its pinnacle. But there is always an answer to any question. The answer to the Undertaker should be with his defeat at a Wrestlemania ending the streak.

This would have been a good idea had it been done sooner. But now, its just too late. To truly make that storyline work it would take years of buildup. Then the apprentice turning on his master. Kind of like a Sith Lord. Would have been a good end of career storyline for the Taker as well.

Uh, Kane turned on Taker. Again. Isn't that kind of written off already?

Personally, I think the WWE as usual is really blowing it. The Corre could be a modern day Four Horsemen without trying to be the Four Horsemen. They are perfectly situated for it with Barrett as the leader, a legit tag team, and a lower title contender. Barrett is the perfect person to help Taker walk away into the sunset. Barrett should end the streak at the next Wrestlemania.

I'd agree I think the right time would be rounding out the streak to 20-0. Of course when he retires can only be known by Mark Calaway.

Don't know. Though I do agree it would be nice to have his last feud (if he decides to go past next years 'Mania) against Ted Dibiase Jr (provided he gets the proper push beforehand).

Don't know. There's nothing really for him to do achievement wise anymore except extend his streak and have great matches.

I'd honestly just like him to fade away. No banishment after defeat thing like we've seen multiple times in the past. He should just go away without a word, ending with a whimper rather than a bang.

Absolutely not. There is only one Deadman, period.

See above.

It would be best for 'Taker to end it after WM27. But you, me, and even my grandma know the thought of 20-0 is too
much for Taker, Vince and the E to pass up on.
It'll be WM28 (if he's healthy, if not 29), he goes 20-0, then just goes away. No big post WM hoop-la, he just disappears.

Honestly, it would have to be Rock or Cena at this point. If they wanted a young gun to take on the streak this year, it'd be Taker-Barrett or Taker-Seamus this year. And let's face it, other than Orton and Edge (who he's already notched on his belt) the only big name guys left who he has never faced at WM are Rock and Cena. Hell, it can even be the blow off to the Cena-Rock feud, kinda like HBK and JBL in '09. Winner gets The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Could be interesting...

He should only go to 28 if he stays this year, and only come back late this year (Survivor Series) or the first RAW of 2012.
When he comes back he should be eerily looming over random matches, like Sting in the rafters. Have him appear in the crowd, in a skybox, have him watching backstage, even on top of the TitanTron. After RR have him reveal he's "scouting", and eventually reveal it's for his 20th victim. Then have Rock-Cena in a final match at Elimination Chamber after Taker asks then to do it and says "Winner gets me". From there it's a 6 week feud centered on "you've done everything but face me in MY yard", like with HHH, only this time we actually get a match between 2 guys who've never fought at WM before. This would get WWE a guaranteed million buys for 28 in either case (Rock OR Cena).

Like I said above. Have him win at 28, go 20-0, and disappear. Literally, have him walk up the ramp, salute the fans with a fist in the air, then BOOM, lightning and fireballs hit the stage, and he disappears. Like a demon being exercised, he literally disappears in a ball of fire and lighting.

No. Stupid idea.

How would you write off the saga of the BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION seeing as Kane is coming to an end of his career as well...

Considering it could be tied up into my search idea, have Taker take out Kane in the first ever Hell in a Cell Casket Buried Alive Match! Winner puts the loser in a casket, then buries them alive, after a 30 minute cell match!

Or, just have Kane be taken out by Rock/Cena before WM 28, come back the next night and get a vengeance beat down, then say something to the effect of "If my brother's gone, no reason for me to stay.", then disappear the same way as the Undertaker.

I feel the history of Kane and Taker has played its part now, their last feud was memorable, leave it there and let both men go off in their own direction

I'm gonna add that I'd also like to see a Triple Threat match at Wrestlemania 28. Two guys are gunning to end Taker's streak, and it would add that unpredictability factor to it that either of them can pin the other and still defeat the Taker.

A three way affair between Taker, CM Punk, and John Cena would be terrific. Taker and Punk because they'd have a good match, and Cena because he's the only big name left that hasn't fallen to the Deadman.

CM Punk could want to end the streak for the glory and John Cena could want the challenge. Typical heel and face reasons, respectively.

I expect the Undertaker will somehow hold on until his 20-0 streak is complete. The 20th guy will be someone big, possibly Cena.

That will be his legacy and he will then semi-retire. The 20-0 DVD will sell like hotcakes.

From that point on, he won't really be there anymore, but every year for Wrestlemania he will "rise from the grave."
I don't expect he will main event or that there will be as much focus on it as there used to be in the past. It may even be just a squash match. It will be more of a nice little tradition: Every year the Dead Man returns for a chokeslam and a tombstone at Wrestlemania.
They could keep that up forever. We may yet see 30-0.

Only one thing is clear: Once the streak ends, it's over. So it never will. It's only good business.

I, along with many others, think he will retire after next year's Mania at a nice 20-0.

Either Cena or Barrett or both. I still believe that Cena will turn heel and he will ultimately reveal that he's been coaching Barrett all along and that Cena ordered the attack on Taker during his Buried Alive match with Kane.

Don't know if he'll last till Mania 30. He would have to work a very light schedule and make the occasional appearances and only work main events at the big-time PPVs like Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and Mania. Might throw in one more Hell in A Cell just for old time's sake.

The best way to "write off" The Undertaker is to have a huge build-up to his final match, everyone knows it's his final match, and he goes out a winner.

This is actually not a bad idea. WWE could have him work a full-time schedule but as a mentor and not as an in-ring performer except in some tag matches. I don't know who is down in FCW or of a young buck on the current rosters that could pull this off but here's how I think it should go down. This huge dude comes down dressed all in black and destroys whoever is in the ring. He then calls out Undertaker who obliges. He then respectully asks Taker to teach him everything he knows and Taker agrees. As Mania approaches, Taker tells the guy he's ready to go it alone and that Taker must take a different path to immortality. They then go their separate ways.

Could Kane and Taker make a run at the tag titles currently held by the Corre? Possibly. Here's another scenario. I think The Corre will continue their feud with Big Show and Kane until Survivor Series and then it will be The Corre against Show, Kane, Taker, and another partner to be determined later. Have the match finish where The Brothers of Destruction are the sole survivors.

Next year. Do I think that he should retire now though? Of course. The guy is just so broken down, but I guess he's gotten this far so give him a lot of credit. What's one more year right?

My idea of Undertaker ending is this...

After this Wrestlemania he leaves, nurses injuries, gets healthy and everything. At the Royal Rumble he is a surprise entrant, and wins the Rumble. He goes to WM and faces off against whomever is champion (Cena, Orton, Punk, Edge, Del Rio, etc). He wins the match going 20-0, and becomes new WWE Champion or WHC. He celebrates a bit, 20-0 lights up and all that hooplah. BOOM! Out comes Mr. MITB which could be Barrett, Sheamus, Punk, Christian, JOMO, doesnt matter. They come out and do a few finishers on Taker and win the match. They celebrate then the lights go off, out comes a casket with the druids Taker doesnt move gets put in the casket. 20-0 gets struck by lightning and falls onto the stage in a blaze of Glory. We never see Taker again.

This way, Undertaker loses the Streak in a way but not completely legit, so the winner can still have that streak ended and get a MAJOR push, but not in a "clean" way, therefore the streak is still legendary.

I say one more year should be good enough. As long as he can make an appearance and wrestle time to time. I mean if he can move and still get over. The should do some kind of tour to let him go out on high note or something.

I have no idea who this should be considering all the ones that I prefer have already retired or no longer in the WWE. It would probably need to be against someone young that will be around the company for awhile. Someone like the Miz (even though I'm not a fan but if he is still hot by next year why not), Wade Barrett (he hasn't done much since Nexus but yeah he's in charge of the Core but no one cares), CM Punk (maybe at least it will be a good show), or who knows.

If it is ok with him I wouldn't going back from the beginning of his career go though it or show highlight each month or so. To showcase his time in the WWE. Have some of his old feuds that are still around and still can perform bring them back. I think it would be funny to have the Ministy back and then all of sudden they turn on their long time mentor. Or maybe they just attack and declare war until the Undertaker takes them out one by one.

It just need to be something big. The simpliest thing would be let him face anyone he hasn't yet have a decent feud with them like the young guns coming in and trying to elevate them before he goes.

That would be his choice considering your still in a PG era it's kind of hard to really go back to fist gimmick with all the PG stuff. The best thing to do be the American bad A$$ or the current look now.

Umm....it would be nice but I haven't seen anyone who can fill his shoes and that would be able to carry it as long as he has. The best is to let it stay with him. If the time comes he can always come back and give someone the powers if need to be. Who knows where the company will be in the next 5 to 10 to 15 to 20 years from now.

They can do the reformation like they did with DX or and let it start early or something so the team can stop being together between SummerSlam or SurvivorSeries would be as far as I would let the team last until you need to focus on his sole match at WM which will be his last. Let Kane be Kane.

It would be nice to see a dominate force stable with Undertaker, Big Show, and Kane. Considering the moment that Big Show and Kane has form another alliance with one another why not add in the Undertaker.

This would make the WWE work hard to find and get opponents for these big man to face. Lets face not just any wrestler or team or faction can take them on. This will give everyone something to do.

Plus it would nice to have the Dead Man Inc. (Undertaker, Big Show, and Kane) or Ministry of Darkness in a Survivor Series type match.
[Would what happen if you brought in Kevin Nash or Sid Vicious into that team of Dead Man. Of course a different name.!]

He definately need to leave the WWE at WrestleMania 28 at 20-0. It only make sense but you can always make seems that the odd is against him but he will come out as winner.

Their are tons of stuff you can use but it will have to come down with the Undertaker after all.

Next year. If he does go longer, that'd be crazy. I will hate when he does, but he has to.

My personal choice would be for it to be Kane (as most reasonable) or Sting (as dream match)

I guess continue as he has been. Seems to be working

How do you culminate his character? He's suppose to live forever. He's the Deadman for a reason. It just seems unfathomable that hius character could end.

Horrible idea, but seems like a scarry reality that could happen. I wouldn't like it, but say in 20-30 years that they could rehash the "Deadman" character, or God forbid a son-type follower.

I don't know. Never really thought how to end the my two favorite wrestlers career... I think a match between the two. Like one that doesn't come to a pinfall on sumission. But during the fight (an epic brawl if you will) Undertaker dives at Kane on the stage area, knocking them both off, but as Taker hits Kane the lights go off, Kane screams, a gong sounds, lights come back on and they're both gone. Screams can still be heard as the show ends(?)

When will Taker Retire, or you think is the right time for him to retire? WM 28, when it will be played as his last match. The following night on RAw comes out to say goodbye. Then the heel whoever it is, comes out and says even though he lost to Taker @ mania, he did something that the greatest in the WWE couldn't do. That is beating the streak, Taker is retired. The streak ends at 20, no more matches. good heel heat for whoever it may be.

Whom do you think he will retire against? Will be Barret, Punk, Miz or a face that needs a heel turn.

If he goes till WM 28 than, and if he chooses to stay till WM 30 than, what and how should he plan his career? becoming a literal deadman, and having someone wrestle a corpse.

At any point how would you like the culmination of the character Undertaker? As the taker how he originally came in.

Should he take an apprentice of sorts to pass off the Dark Powers? NO!

How would you write off the saga of the BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION seeing as Kane is coming to an end of his career as well.. Kane and Taker vs. a tag team. What a way to be 20-0 at Mania, and end Kane's career at the same time.

I'd have Taker go out at WM30... Hopefully can put WM30 in Dallas at Cowboy Stadium... I'd have some guy like Seamus or Wade Barrett take out Taker in a Casket Mask.

The build up to the match would be... Undertaker announces that he's retiring a few months before Mania. And the young guy would attack Undertaker and tell him that he wants his shot at ending the streak.... Undertaker would tell him to stand in line and declare WM30 to be the last match for the Undertaker. This way you can have a few months of a retirement tour. Something that the WWF should have done with both HBK, Flair, and Hogan

When will Taker Retire, or you think is the right time for him to retire? he will probably reitre 2 years or 3 years from now and will probably be reserved for WM only in his truly last years.

Whom do you think he will retire against? probably a young main eventer like cm punk

If he goes till WM 28 than, and if he chooses to stay till WM 30 than, what and how should he plan his career? He would be reserved for WM season and prbably make some apperances on the other months but hes to killed off to make a heavy scedule

At any point how would you like the culmination of the character Undertaker? to die at WM

Should he take an apprentice of sorts to pass off the Dark Powers? No, thats stupid i dont want another jackoff walking around throwing lighting 1 at a time is alright and kane is still there.

Its already over, dont think they will ever be together again.

i think it will be next years wrestlemania is his last and between now and then - yeah id like the brothers to get a few more times - just for old times sake as for Kane well may be 2 years for him perhaps hell bow out the year after Undertaker after inducting him into the Hall of fame - it just seems right

IM sure he will retire ethier this year or next.
Hopefully next because he has an interest in working with Barrett and Barrett could use the rub from being the one to wrestle Undertaker in his final match on the Grandest Stage of them all.

I read on WZ at some point that WWE plans on only using him for Wrestlemania and not any TV shows etc. Taker and WWE both believe that if he used once a year that he has pleanty of Manias left in him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back