Wrestlemania 27

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
To continue the yearly tradition of Wrestlezone Forums.

georgia2_dome_1.jpg

What we do know: Wrestlemania 27 will take place at the Georgia Dome, in Atlanta Georgia. The Georgia Dome can hold 71,288 fans for football, so add a few thousand for floor seats, and you're dealing with another venue that can hold at least 75,000 people for wrestling.

Also, Wrestlemania 27 comes within weeks of the ten year anniversary of the closure and buyout of WCW, and Atlanta just happens to be the homebase of that territory. This has sparked rumors of a WCW themed pay per view.

Speculation: We are a year out, but it doesn't mean we can't speculate as to what we might see at this pay per view. My guess is, the WWE is going to back the Brink's truck up to Sting's house and say "you want in the Hall of Fame or not". If Sting doesn't play ball, no problem, the WWE is simply going to use Goldberg as the man to build this show around. If you think Goldberg isn't going to draw fans to the Georgia Dome, you clearly haven't paid attention to what the man means in the south.

The next question, do you have Goldberg wrestle and who do you feed him to? You can't have Goldberg wrestle a match, and lose, so he's not going to face the Undertaker, and the WWE would never feed the streak to someone that didn't work for that company. Goldberg will go over, and I'm making a guess that it'll be someone like Batista that gets the nod.

As far as the streak, does the WWE end it and pull the trigger on the Cena vs. Undertaker match? Does the WWE get it to 19-0 so the Mania 28 match becomes bigger with the prospect of the Deadman going to 20-0. If not Cena, then who? Does it go to Jericho vs. The Undertaker, maybe Triple H vs. the Undertaker for the honor of Shawn Michaels?

Does Money in the Bank matter anymore? With a Money in the Bank pay per view in the plans, does the WWE nix the idea at Mania altogether.

My thoughts: very early speculation.

Goldberg vs. Batista or some other monster heel.

The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho

And a very very heavily WCW Themed Hall of Fame ceremony.

Nice banner, ironically when i said 2-3 weeks before Mania I wouldn't be surprised if Taker shuck hands with HBK I was told it was obsured.. i aint seen the poster who said so since.

ANYWAYS Mania 27, I don't think fans should reminiscent over WCW guys to much, I think Jericho/Undertaker is VERY possible, both are coming off back to back Mania wins (Jericho has never had back to back mania wins up in til 2009-2010) plus there was talking of Jericho/Taker at Mania 26 if Edge couldn't return in time, so I guess WWE are interested in the match, but I keep thinking back to November when Taker tombstoned Cena, it's got to mean something and I could see Cena doing the wait until Mania 27 to try and end the streak (Cena would of had his own streak but Orton pinned him at Mania 24).

Goldberg returns and inducted into HOF I could see that happening considering his greatest moment happened in that very building, who would he face? Sheamus, the way it seemed from Mania 26 he wanted to beat a Legend in HHH lost, I could see him trying to beat Goldberg at Mania in Goldbergs hometown and end up getting beat again.

anyways just my 2 cents.

The thing about the streak now is, how are you gonna make a believable case for someone to beat Taker at Mania after HBK (one of the best of all time) lost two years in a row? I just don't see Taker ever losing at Mania. But still, Taker/Jericho and Taker/HHH are legit possibilities for next year and I wouldn't mind seeing one of those happen.

With all the recent talk about Goldberg, does he come back for one more match in Atlanta? I wouldn't be surprised, but who would face him? Batista would be a good choice, but does WWE want to squash one of their biggest stars at Mania?

Other than that, it's pretty hard to predict what's gonna happen. Though with MITB, I really hope they don't have two briefcases running around. I would rather have them just drop it at Mania and just have one briefcase won at the PPV because the idea is getting stale. We've seen most of the crazy spots that can be done in the match, and it seems like it's getting progressively worse at every Mania. Hopefully Mania 27 will be better than the past two shows.

That's the thing with the streak though, the Streak just gobbled up HBK's career. The rub that someone is going to get if/when the Undertaker loses at Mania is going to be crazy. Not only did you beat the Undertaker, but you beat the Undertaker after he beat Shawn Michaels two years in a row at Wrestlemania.

If the Undertaker were to beat Triple H or Jericho, it would add more, but you have to think the WWE is going to pull the trigger on the John Cena vs. Undertaker match at some point. Yes, the Undertaker brings his A game to Mania, but the man is closer to 50 then 40 at this point next year, and you have to think he's going to want to walk out at some point.

I think the WWE is hesitant of pulling the trigger with the Cena deal, because whomever beats the Undertaker at Mania is going to get heel heat no matter what happens after. If Orton takes off in the next year, the WWE might possibly think of turning Cena heel. I don't think the WWE will pull the trigger on that match until they want to turn Cena heel.

I like your idea of Cena/Taker or HHH/Taker at WM 27. Those to being the only credible guys that would give Taker a run for his money at Mania. But I just don't see the streak ending. I wouldn't mind Taker/Jericho tho...

As for Goldberg having a match I wouldn't be against it...... But who would he face? I'm sure they wouldn't put him over an established star seeing as he his not with the company. but how would it look if he squashed an up and comer?? either way I don't think it would work.

I would like to see an Orton/Edge main event. out of the current crop of main event talent this is one of the last feuds that hasn't been overdone. In fact we haven't seen them go at it since 04. they teamed in 06-07 but a proper feud never came from it. With Orton's current tweener turn I see WWE pushing him for the remainder of the year and beyond. He's in his prime and still has untapped potential. the crowds are loving him right now and WWE just need to leave him be and remain the badass that goes after both faces and heels alike. Edge on the other hand is a babyface rite now.. Now this act his fresh, but I would rather see him as a heel. imagine the promos leading to this match and the match itself. I would like to see Edge as champion with Orton chasing. seeing as how he just won the Rumble in 09 I wouldn't want him to go that route as I think a breakout star should be given the RR 2011 nod.

thoughts??

Yeah I think that WCW will be heavy in the Hall of Fame. Arn Anderson, Goldberg is a lock, Sting would be a possibility but I dunno if he would accept that offer. It might have been nice to see Kevin Nash and Scott Hall inducted, but thanks to TNA that aint gonna happen. Same goes for Eric Bischoff

I would love to see Goldberg come back for a match. He said he isn't in it for himself anymore and hinted that he would do what's best for everyone not just himself. However creative wouldn't bring him back just to have him lose at mania. I think it would be great for him to face Batista just so he could show him how a spear is supposed to be executed.
This might be a bit out there, but what if Goldberg and Miz had a match. I know everyone is gonna say why put Miz there if he's gonna lose to job to Goldberg. If you think that then your not counting on what a loss can do for someone. If Miz went out there and pushed Goldberg, the most intense guy in the universe, to the limit it would do wonders for his career.

The Undertaker vs. Goldberg would be a bit interesting as well. I think that Undertake would win this and maybe Goldberg would even go along with it. Like I said before Goldberg hinted that he might be willing to lose a match. This could play out similar to HBK vs. Hogan. Goldberg comes in to host Raw or something like that. Then he calls out the Undertaker and says hey you have this streak but you've never faced someone with my intensity and power. When he loses he cuts a promo and says hey I wanted to know if I had it in me.

I like the idea of Goldberg wrestling another match, although I don't really think it should be against Batista, and I don't think John Cena should be Undertaker's 19th victim (yes the streak will live on, mark my word.. or shoot me when it dies) so therefore I think Goldberg's guy to beat the living hell out of, should be John Cena, why? not because I'm an anti Cena, but because I would absolutely love to see Goldberg spear the living hell out of WWE's top face, because I think this match could actually go on to become a good match, not because it's gonna be absolutely wrestletastic (yes wrestletastic.. good word, write it down, spread it) or something out of the ordinary, but simply because it'll be a match of one of the most over guys in WCW history, vs one of the most over guys of WWE history.
As to who should be the heel and who should be the face, I really don't care, I just wanna see this match, then the roles of the two will not matter to me, could easily do face vs face I bet.

As to Undertaker's 19th opponent, I will definitely mark out for Triple H challenging Undertaker for the revenge of Shawn, I think it could go on to become quite a match that will definitely leave the crowd with a show stealing match (yes I think this match could steal the show, even go on to become a potential match of the year).

And about the Money in the bank, I don't think WWE is gonna remove that, just have more of it I guess, heavily building the future main event scene I'm guessing?

My guess is The Undertaker will face John Cena at Wrestlemania. I say this because ever since Cena faced JBL for the WWE Championship, he has been in the Main Event of 'Mania. It's time to change it up a little bit this year, but he still is a major major draw in this era so I would definitely put him against the streak and end it with 19-0. My estimation is Taker will retire when his Streak is 20-0.

As for the WCW Hall Of Fame workings, I would throw in both Sting and Goldberg, but allow Goldberg to face off against a WWE guy. There is already talk of Goldberg joining WWE anyways, so there will be plenty of time to build him up against whoever on The Grandest Stage of them all. Personally, I would like to see him face someone who badtalks WCW..perhaps Chris Jericho? He had a problem with Hall Of Fame inductees before and it seems a plausible situation to throw him in.

On a side note since we are discussing possible Wrestlemania matches, it wouldn't be too random of a thing to add an exclusive WCW stipulation given the supposed theme. Maybe we could witness a Dog Collar Match or maybe a Bootcamp one? Meh most likely not but still if they are to have this in Atlanta, then they should go for that special flair.

We have talks of Taker/HHH or Taker/Y2J.....but has anybody thought of Taker/DiBiase. Why cant Taker face an up and coming star. Punk? DiBiase? Swagger?

While I favor the idea of Taker/Y2J or HHH....this not only adds credibility to the upcoming star (your facing the Undertaker at the biggest show of the year)...but its an easy way of extending the streak.

Basicially, the way I see it, if Taker is gonna end up 20-1 or 19-1 or 18-1....why not put over stars a long time ago (Orton? Edge? HBK?). If he loses at Wrestlemania, fans are going to feel screwed. WWE likes happy endings too. Undefeated for ever.

I Would like to see a Punk/Undertaker match at wrestlemania eventhough punk is main event already he seems to linger from time to time and this match in a loss more then likely will give him that one push and he is set ppl will probably complain of punk bein squashed already with taker but wwe has a short memory

I wouldnt be suprised to see someone from wcw face taker but it would have be a great buildup shawn michaels seemed to have taken the streak to a higher point by obsessing over it whoever does face taker will be guranteed in a good spot on the card

Too early to tell, seeing as how the draft hasn't happened, nor do we know who will turn heel or face on a whim during the year, but there are some things I wouldn't be too surprised to see:

Taker vs. (Cena, HHH, Swagger, Sheamus, McIntyre, DiBiase)
--I don't think anyone else has any potential to be in this match.

Triple H vs. Drew McIntyre
--Hopefully not for a world title. Hunter vs. Sheamus this year, being non-title, was so much better.

Edge vs. Christian
--Potential world title match, potentially just a feud.

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho
--The last time we saw these two face off in a feud was Jericho's return, where the heel and face roles were switched.

John Cena vs. CM Punk
--Really, one of the only matches left for Cena that anyone could get interested in. Obviously, Cena/Taker is the money-maker out of all the possible outcomes, but I don't think they'd want the overwhelmingly negative reaction Cena would get in that case. I think they don't have enough faith in Christian that they'd put him against Cena (and of course, Edge/Christian has a better attraction to it anyway), and although I really want to see someone like Miz go up to the main event, I'm not so sure they'll pull the trigger yet. They seem like they too, want it to happen, but get too scared and back off 99% of the time.

Money in the Bank?
--God knows what they're planning with this ppv. I think it's a stupid ass idea, to be honest, and I hope they don't do it and just keep MITB at WrestleMania. If they don't do MITB next year, they'll probably do a match with lots of people in it anyway, somehow.

I don't think there's much hope that a new guy will win the Royal Rumble in 2011. They seem to be purposely avoiding that. Punk and Jericho have shots at doing it and mimicking Edge's performance this year (ala not winning the title, or since they're heels, winning the title in the non-main event). I'd like to see Morrison or Miz up at the top like what they used to do, winning the Royal Rumble and going on to main event and win their first title, but I just don't think it'll happen. BUT, who knows!

I would like to see Goldberg wrestle at Mania 27. However, I do agree that he needs to win. It would look pretty stupid to have him come in for a big program and then lose. I would also say Batista is the likely victim. Similiar in style (Goldberg was much better), and Goldberg HAS to play the face, especially if it's going to be in Atlanta.

It would be great to see Sting in the WWE hall of fame, but I'm not sure it can happen next year. How much longer is he in TNA for? Is his contract up before that?

The Undertakers streak should NEVER end. Some people on this forum actually think it would be a good thing for an up-and-comer to beat Taker at Mania? Fans wouldn't accept it. I have said it before, and I will say it again; no storyline, no young up-and-comer, is worth taking away Takers streak. Taker has put enough people over in his career, he doesn't owe that to the WWE at this point in his life.

I think Taker has one or two more Mania matches left in him. I think those two matches could be against any number of guys, but I would like to see Taker/HHH one more time, as well as Jericho/Undertaker. Six months ago I would have said a heel Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker would have been amazing, but with Ortons "face" turn, not anymore.

EDIT: Do we know that the MITB ppv is going to be about earning a shot at either title? Or is the PPV going to feature two HUGE ladder matches for both championships? I wouldn't be surprised if there were two MITB matches, with titles up there instead of briefcases.

I am calling Undertaker vs Cena and Goldberg vs Austin as the big 2 matches for next years WM. Austin has kinda sorta hinted at one more match and this is a dream match, albeit ten years too late. Both of these matches would be Dream Matches.

I think Undertaker vs Cena will headline Mania. It would make it more exciting if it was for a title. If it was straight one on one nothing on the line, then fans would already assume Taker will win. With a belt on the line, this might cast some doubt for some fans. I think Taker will beat Cena. I am never opposed to Taker losing at Mania because it will not hurt him or his opponent. I think people especially Nickb assume fans would be so against this. Well, there has been many mania matches where fans wanting him to lose the las to HBK matches. Hell, I just watched the taker vs Edge match, and there were fans cheering for edge to get the victory. He will leave Mania undfeated or with one loss, but it will not hurt his career. There would not be another star who can say they have such a remarkable record.
I think Goldberg should have one match. I seen an interview recently where he said he would wrestle a match or two right now. I think his opponent would be Jericho. It was Jericho who always mocked Goldberg, so he can mock him getting into the HOF. Goldberg could challenge him to a match, and then you would have your second big match.
As for a WCW themed HOF, I do not know if that will happen. Sure there might be 3 guys from WCW getting in, but you would still be missing probably other huge stars. Barry Windham, Lex Luger, DDP, Great Muta, Sting, Stiener Brothers, Harlem Heat or just Booker T, Nikita Koloff, Magnum T A, and Tully Blanchard would be huge WCW gus that would probably be left out. I hope some of them would get in, but I do not think any of those names I listed will be inducted in Atlanta. I think Goldberg is a lock, Arn Anderson, and a surprise person would be the only ones. Also, I forgot to mention the Road Warriors. When in the hell, are they going to be inducted?
I think they need to get rid of the MITB if there is another MITB ppv next year. I do not like the idea of having multiple winners with briefcases. If they do have MITB, they need to limit the participants to 5 wrestlers. When it has this many, the match is more exciting and better flow. When there are 10 or 8, there are too many bodies laying around doing nothing. Thios is why I think MITB has been bad thelast few years because of too many participants, and not becuase of limititations or PG ERA.

I don't think a WCW themed PPV is in the works but more a WCW Hall Of Fame theme.
I don't see Goldberg returning to the ring, but maybe a storyline at best. It's just a merch deal he has signed. If he does, he has no reason to go over unless he's coming back full time, which he won't. I would like to see him face a young talent, maybe even one of the NXT roster.
Which brings me to my next point. I can't wait to see which current NXT talent [if any] are on the card of WM 27. Any thought on that?

edge vs christian, goldberg vs stone cold, hhh vs mysterio, the rock vs john cena, hell in a cell jeff hardy vs taker for the wwe title ,jeff will return nd rko vs y2j for the world title ,cm punk vs sting,hbk vs morris on, and big show vs kane ,there my early predictions

Here is my projected card for Wrestlemania 27:

Undertaker vs. John Cena
This match will be a blockbuster in terms of the star power in this match as John Cena is the most popular WWE superstar since The Rock and Steve Austin while The Undertaker is the immovable entity that for the last 2 decades has brought about destruction inside a WWE ring. Though it would not be a classic like HBK-Taker it would be a box office hit due to the fact that these 2 guys are involved in a match against one another. Though I think Taker vs Cena should happen in Wrestlemania 28, I wouldn't mind seeing it next year either.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
A potential classic right here and with the proper build-up could be better than HHH-Orton build-up. Look CM Punk, a seemingly crazy man who preaches about being straightedge against a man who doesn't respect any authority figures, lives on his own rules and overall is a badass. Both of them are good mic workers, both get great reaction from the crowd and they also have the wrestling ability to keep a crowd hyped-up for an entire match. This should be a World Title match.

The Miz vs. John Morrison
If the two of them get pushed to the sky in the coming months this could be a possible world title match. This two, of all the future stars of the WWE, have the brightest future of all. When put together,either allies or as enemies, has great chemistry in the ring and in the mic. Two former bestfriends now bitter rivals, headlining a WRESTLEMANIA!

Triple H vs. Jack Swagger
Could be a possibility right here. Triple H says he knows what is good for the business, he knows he is in the late stages of his career, so why not every Wrestlemania get involved in matches that would make the young guys look legit threats. This too could be a possible title match in Wrestlemania but hopefully not. I have read that Jack Swagger is also one of Triple H's favorite guys so he gave Sheamus an opportunity why not Swagger?

Sheamus or Drew Mcintyre vs Chris Jericho or Edge
Another potential title match right here but I couldn't think of a more suitable opponent for the future stars of the WWE than those two right there. We could have good promos and all of them are great wrestlers so no matter who gets matched up with who, expect a solid match.

Money in the Bank
Has been a Wrestlemania tradition and I don't see any reasons it should be put to an end.

Triple Threat Tag Team Match
As long as it doesn't end in 3 minutes and the proper competitors are participating it could really be a great match.

Divas' Match
Well, the WWE's divas are always featured in a PPV, whether they're in a 10 diva match or 1on1 title match it doesn't matter to me because I only see divas as eye candy and when they wrestle I just flip the channel.

Note: All of the 1on1 matches are potential title matches.

I would expect GOldberg's opponet to be Jericho. I know Batista would be the bigger money match, Shocky, but you need a very experienced, seasoned, fantastically dependable hand to lead Goldberg through a match after such a huge layoff. That, and Jericho is an instant heat magnet for any face.

I see him debuting the night after EC, with 6 weeks to build a match. I am fairly confident this will come together, as well.

MITB Ladder Match
Dolph Ziggler Vs. MVP Vs. Shelton Vs. Evan Bourne Vs. Daniel Bryan Vs. Matt Hardy Vs. R-truth Vs. The Miz Vs. John Morrison Vs. Kofi Kingston
I Think Kofi would come into the match heavily favored to win similar to Christian this year, so that is why i dont think he will win, also i think he would be close enough to a big push, so he really wouldn't NEED the breifcase. I Feel almost the exact same way about Morrison, at that time he wont really need to win the briefcase. MVP his time is ticking for me... he needs to make a change, he should be a heel again. Matt hardy in it again basically cuz, well cuz he is not a main eventer. R-Truth he could win, but i doubt it would ever happen. Bourne in it like Shelton just to high fly. I Think Daniel Bryan would be interesting, but i think maybe WM28 would be his time. i see the match ending Morrison and Miz on one ladder right next to them on another ladder is kofi and Ziggler. Kofi kicks the other ladder pushing miz and morrison off and landing outside the ring. Dolph then would poke kofi in the eyes and push his head off the ladder and throw kofi down, and grab the brief case.
WINNER= Dolph Ziggler.

Undertaker vs. Sheamus
I think sheamus will hit somewhat of a hot streak and think he can beat the undertakers streak, which will never ever happen, but i think this will give taker a different type of challenge, and will make him 19-0.... which will lead up to Taker Vs. Cena where taker will go on to be 20-0 and retire.
WINNER= Taker

HHH vs. Drew Mcintyre
I think this would be interesting, as i've always thought drew has reminded me of a young hhh, also i think maybe if he's still holding the IC title, HHH could win it, and bring some prestige back to that belt.
WINNER= HHH

Batista vs. Goldburg
i know it could be a long shot to actually happening, but i think Goldburg comes back, maybe as a guest host on raw, and that night they announce he's going into the hall-of-fame.... batista comes out, says goldburg sucks bla bla bla.
WINNER= Goldburg

John Cena vs CM Punk Hard Core falls count anywhere match.
I WANT JOHN CENA TO LOOSE! this rivalry would form at the rumble, CM punk would say he is going to win the rumble, Cena throws him out, then at elimanation chamber, cm punk and cena would be in the same chamber match, punk would be elimanated before cena, but before he would exit the chamber he would attack cena and take him out,
WINNER= CM Punk

Rey Mysterio vs Jack Swagger
This would be kinda interesting... more of idk what to do with them.
WINNER= Swagger

Orton (c) vs Chris Jericho WWE title
I think this rivalary will be a long lasting one that will build up to mainia, where orton would retain.
WINNER= Orton

Edge (c) vs. Christian WHC
Christian wins royal rumble, hopefully i think both men will both be somewhat faces at this point, and it will just be a great match all together.
WINNER= Christian... Finally.

I forgot to throw in ...
Ted Dibiase Jr. (c) vs Code Rhodes for the Million Dollar Championship
WINNER= Ted Dibiase

I doubt they'd actually have Goldberg wrestle. Just seems stupid to me, but what do I know? If it's anyone, they won't be that important. Maybe Big Show or someone. As for Taker, I think it's going to be a win for him and it's going to be Triple H or Jericho. He hasn't had a real feud with Jericho yet, and Triple H just makes sense at this point. Wouldn't that be cool if he retired HBK and HHH in consecutive years? Definetly should go for it.

As for the other stuff, Cena will likely be in a world title match, as well as Orton and maybe Edge. Really, there aren't many other choices out there as I doubt someone like Dibiase or Swagger will be at that level by next year, and obviously CM Punk can't get more than 10 minutes of time.

I'd assume the MITB will be gone with the new PPV, so we'll have a match with about 234 guys in it at once and there will be a stupid Diva's match. That's about all I got.

Sting vs. Taker would be good, but dont count on that happening....
I dont really see Sting in WWE ever. He has prided himself on the fact that he's never worked for vince. but I agree it would a great rivalry to watch.
Also if sting came to the wwe and was put in the hall of fame, i wouldnt expect him to go to mainia the next night and lose.
and the streak will never, EVER, be broken.

My only concern about WrestleMania XXVII is if they can live up to the greatness of the past two pay-per-views with matches such as the two Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. Money in the Bank will probably not be a part of it anymore with the new Money in the Bank pay-per-view. I want something akin to the Champion of Champions of years past to make a come back. Would be interesting to also see the return of the WCW Championship to replace the World Heavyweight Championship.

Randy orton vs The Undertaker ?

The legend killer vs the streak.

you can't say that it wouldn't be good

Now that you brought that up, that's a great angle for next year. I would love to see a storyline built around that effective immediately after the draft. The Undertaker is drafted number one from SmackDown, while Randy Orton remains on RAW or Randy Orton is drafted to SmackDown with The Undertaker staying on SmackDown. Randy Orton makes a bee line straight to whomever currently holds the world championship of the brand, punting their skull in the process and taking the title. Randy Orton continues being being dominant during his title reign when The Undertaker makes a return after his break at Hell in a Cell in a similar style from when Taker and Orton feuded way back when. Orton, undefeated until that point, accepts the Undertaker's challenge to a rematch at Hell in a Cell. Orton takes the win but finally drops his title courtesy of the Undertaker at around TLC or Bragging Rights to whoever also is feuding for the championship on the bran (i.e. Edge, Cena, Jericho, et cetera). Randy fails to regain the title at the Royal Rumble thanks to another interference by Taker leading to Randy Orton becoming obsessed with killing the legend of the Undertaker again first with a match at Elimination Chamber for the championship where they inadvertently undermine each other losing a chance at winning the title. Fed up with The Undertaker, Randy seeks to strip him of his streak at WrestleMania. At WrestleMania XXVII, Randy Orton brings us all to the age of our seats as akin to what Shawn Michaels did at WrestleMania XXV, he delivers the match of a life time, punting Taker's skull in the process only to have Taker get up from the kick, seemingly invincible, and giving Orton his the Last Ride making himself 19-0 at the grandest stage of them all.

Other possible superstars to challenge The Undertaker's streak at WrestleMania and why are as follow:

Triple H: Seeking revenge following The Undertaker's forceful retirement of his best friend, Shawn Michaels.
Sheamus: Seeking to retire the biggest legend of all in order to rid himself of the shame of losing his first ever WrestleMania match against Triple H.
Chris Jericho: In order to prove that he is the best in the world at what he does, he believes himself to be the only person capable of ending Taker's streak once and for all.
Edge: Taker takes from him the WWE/World Heavyweight Championship leading into WrestleMania causing Edge to seek to take it back at WrestleMania. Alternatively, Edge and Undertaker exchange titles leading into WrestleMania where Edge puts his title on the line against The Undertaker's streak.
CM Punk: People have talked about this one in passing at times. CM Punk has not forgotten that Taker cost him his praised World Heavyweight Championship at Hell in a Cell, so the Straight Edge Society seeks to destroy the one thing that Taker holds dear: his WrestleMania streak. In the process, Taker takes control of the Straight Edge Society making it the Straight Edge Ministry as a twist.
John Cena, Batista, and any other world champion at the time: A repeat of Edge's scenario, really. Only differing in attitude in relationship to the escalation and degree of violence from Superstar to Superstar.

Worthy mention: Rey Mysterio vs. The Undertaker. The Ultimate Underdog vs. The Streak. It would be nice to see Rey Mysterio back in the spotlight and granted his style is seemingly the opposite of Taker's, this would make for a pretty gnarly main event or precursor to one. Also, Rey Mysterio's underdog status would help his credibility in such a match specially with the younger audiences vying to see their favorite Superstar rid them of the shadow of The Undertaker.

It'll definitely be a great one because we should either see Goldberg or Sting there. If not both. Sting used to be my favorite wrestler. That would be awesome to see him there. If either one of them wrestle like someone said, its going to have to be a win. I see Undertaker facing Jericho because it's never happened, and 29 will be his last facing John Cena. Undertaker will and should get to 19-0 because the streak should never be broken. I also see John Cena vs. Ted DiBiase for the WWE title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back