Third Round - Tokyo: Metal Object On A Pole Match - Ricky Steamboat vs. Antonio Inoki

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ricky Steamboat

• Antonio Inoki

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a Third Round match in the Tokyo Region.

Rules: There is a pole over a corner of the ring with a metal object on top of it. The match is won by pinfall or submission, but the object must be down first.

tokyo_dome.jpg

Ricky Steamboat

steamboat-ricky.jpg

Vs.

Antonio Inoki

inoki.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

The way I see it, both of these men are superior wrestlers. But one factor comes into play... the match is in the Tokyo Dome.

I see things this way: You have a Japanese superstar wrestling in the Toyko Dome against a man that is originally from New York, is billed as being from Hawaii, and named himself with a moniker called "The Dragon." I think the heat against Steamboat would be incredible, and I really feel that it would break his concentration during this match.

Granted, this is a metal object on a pole match and I feel that Steamboat would grab the object first. But that doesn't mean he'll win. It only means that the object can now be used in the match. I see Inoki somehow taking it away and beating the life out of Steamboat.

Inoki for the win.

I'm more of a modern fan and my knowledge of old-school wrestling is generally limited. But I love me some Ricky Steamboat and love watching his old matches. I was ready to come in here and vote for him based on that, when I read D-Man's post and saw in big, bold letters "Tokyo Dome". Damn.

I'm no expert on Inoki, but has he ever lost a match in Japan to a non-japenese wrestler? If he has, it hasn't happened very often, that's something I am sure about. So, reluctantly, I voted for Inoki in the interest of fairness. Steamboat is a wrestling God, but Inoki beats God in the Tokyo Dome.

Steamboat was a solid worker, but that doesn't really come into play when he's facing a man like Inoki on home soil. Given the way he's been built up by his followers, I'm inclined to believe he was PM over there at some point. I'd be very fucking surprised if that wasn't true. Given that PMs only lose to incoming PMs, and knowing full well that Ricky Steamboat has never been Japan's Prime Minister, this is Inoki all the way. The icon has to take it on home soil.

I think there would be an argument for either side if this match was anywhere else in the world, but seeing as Inoki beat some of the biggest names ever on home soil, I don't think he'll have trouble with Steamboat, who isn't in the same level as those previous opponents. Steamboat finds himself in another one sided one, just he's on the wrong side this time.

Like Tastycles said, you could really pull an argument to how both of these people could win this match, but ultimately I think Inoki has to win this one, mainly due to his home field advantage, which could throw Ricky off track and would therefore ultimately have Inoki able to capitalize and pin Ricky

Inoki wins this one.

Inoki wins this here while he isn't really that expreince in gmmick type matches to my knowledge. He rarely lost in the Tokyo dome and while I do agree with D man that Steamboat will get the metal object first. I don't think it will do that much damage to put him down for the win. Inoki will grab the metal object hit Steamboat couple of times in the back of his head. Then he will do hit his finsher the Bridging fallaway slam for the win.

Inoki wins. Steamboat was one of the greatest professional wrestlers to step foot in the squared circle but this is in TOKYO. No one goes to Tokyo from North America, takes on Inoki and walks out with a victory. Steamboat and Inoki would purt on a clinic but it would end with only one result, Inoki victorious. There's nothing really more to say. That's just the way it goes down.

How the hell is Inoki losing here? If you voted for a particular wrestler because of the venue location but didn't vote Inoki here, then you should be disappointed in yourself.

Personally, I am not that big of an Inoki fan, but I sure as hell know that he would never lose to Steamboat in the FUCKING TOKYO DOME!

i much prefer steamboat but i cant seee him winning this. the tokyo dome gives inoki to much of an advantage to not vote for him. i just wish if steamboats going to be winning this atleast one poster would state a solid case for him, or atleast a case at all.

It's Inoki in the Tokyo Dome. People were using arguments that locations work against people (Japanese wrestlers in the US). Well, here's a Japanese legend on his home turf. Inoki takes it, sorry Dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back