Fourth Round: TLC - Chris Benoit vs. Ricky Steamboat

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Chris Benoit

• Ricky Steamboat

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a Fourth round matchup in the Tokyo Region.

Rules: This is a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match but with a twist. You can also win by pinfall or submission as well as capturing the object. This prevents the idiotic So and So can't climb so he loses here.

tokyo_dome.jpg

Chris Benoit

ChrisBenoitMurderer.jpg

Vs.

Ricky Steamboat

steamboat-ricky.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.​

This is the time where it all comes to an end for Steamboat, while Steamboat would seem like the legitimate choice for this because of his athletic abilities with climbing stuff etc. we simply cannot discount the fact that Benoit has competed in one TLC and won it.

Chris Benoit has the experience advantage in this match, and he isn't to be discarded the athletic advantage neither, but looking at the fact that pinfall and submissions can cause a victory in this match, that puts Benoit yet on another plus in my eyes, I think while Steamboat is gonna be an incredible opponent for Benoit, that Chris will be able to eventually get Ricky in a position for the Crippler Crossface, or climbing the ladder.

Chris Benoit wins this one, close match, but Benoit wins it ultimately.

Benoit not only has the match type advantage but he also has the Tokyo advantage having wrestled in Japan a lot more than Steamboat. Benoit can also get the win here via submission which spells something bad for Steamboat. Benoit's also going to be better equipped with those weapons (Tables, Ladders and Chairs). Overall, Benoit seems to take this one with relative ease. Steamboat would struggle and fight but he would be defeated.

This would be a dream match in my view, one I'd genuinely pay real money to see. When it's all finished though, I'm giving the edge to Chris Benoit. Like Steamboat, Benoit is both a high flyer and just plain great on the mat, but Benoit is something that Steamboat really wasn't: a great brawler. Chris Benoit is someone that was pretty comfortable in just about any sort of match setting. Benoit was just plain tenacious, he earned the wolverine nickname that was often applied to him.

In a straight up wrestling match, I think I might be more inclinded to lean toward Steamboat's way. In this type of setting, however, sheer physical toughness and the ability to dish out raw punishment are two extremely important advantages that I think Benoit has.

Lol there is a pretty fun argument in this thread. It's possible I am mistaken but I don't feel so.

People are stating Benoit has the experience advantage due to winning a TLC before.. competed in one, won it. When he competed in it, he had never been in one before. Yet won it. Instantly displaying the importance of experience in this match.

There are chairs. and tables. and ladders. It's not rocket science what is going to happen.

THAT SAID, Benoit has been in tons more hardcore/ladder matches than Steamboat has, and as such this is where the experience comes from, not the presence in a TLC match in the past.

I wanted to vote steamer here, but i really can't imagine him taking this down. It would be great, but Benoit is the more likely favourite.

Reactions: gd
Steamboat revolutionived wrestling with his match against Savage. Benoit revolutionized the main event scene with great technical wrestling AKA boring the hell out of me. Actually, he wasn't that bad, as a mid carder that is. Definetly not a main event guy. Steamboat was one of the best in the ring, like, ever. He's my boy here.

To me, this is the most even match in the entire tourney. So I voted based on who I liked more overall... and that's an easy choice. Steamboat was the quintessential 'good guy'. He never used underhanded tactics to win, because he never had to. He had the will to win, and beat Flair during a time where Flair was downright unbeatable. And just because someone's never been in a match doesn't mean they can't win it. Steamboat uses a sound offense and can use weapons to his advantage.

Benoit on the other hand, is a bastard. He's too high risk for my liking. He misses a diving headbutt on Steamboat, and it's curtains for the Crippler. And with weapons involved, Benoit's more in risk of making a mistake than Steamboat is. Plus, what if Benoit snaps and kills Steamboat? Exactly. DQ.

Vote Steamboat.

This match would have sold out any arena all overvthe world. This is as close to a dream match as I have ever seen.

I have said throughout the early rounds that Steamboat is arguably the best of all time and I stand by that... but this is Benoit's match to win.

I wish this was just a traditional match as it would have barely given the advantage to Ricky, but this isna weapons based match which screams Benoit. He had that mean streak which would make him incredibly dangerous in this match.

Ricky Steamboat was as close to a boy scout as there has ever been in the wrestling business. I just can't see him being that agressive with a steel chair in his hands.

To me, this is the most even match in the entire tourney.
Maybe if it was a different gimmick but in this match Benoit has the advantage

Steamboat was the quintessential 'good guy'. He never used underhanded tactics to win, because he never had to
This match is all about underhanded tactics. Benoit will have no problem beating Steamboat with weapons until hes able to get the victory.

He had the will to win, and beat Flair during a time where Flair was downright unbeatable. And just because someone's never been in a match doesn't mean they can't win it. Steamboat uses a sound offense and can use weapons to his advantage.
When has Steamboat ever used weapons to his advantage and i dont understand what beating Ric Flair has to do with beating Chris Benoit in a match that he excels in.

Benoit on the other hand, is a bastard.
Did you know him?

He's too high risk for my liking. He misses a diving headbutt on Steamboat, and it's curtains for the Crippler.
How many times has Benoit lost because he missed a diving headbutt? Go ahead ill wait.

And with weapons involved, Benoit's more in risk of making a mistake than Steamboat is.
With Benoit using weapons more often in his career id think it'd be Steamboat more likely to make the mistake

Plus, what if Benoit snaps and kills Steamboat? Exactly. DQ.

If Benoit killed Steamboat he could pin him for the 1 2 3, there is no DQ in a TLC match

Vote Steamboat
Vote Benoit

Benoit won the four way TLC match for him and Jericho against the three pioneers of the match with a wrecked arm. To me, it is fairly obvious that he has what it takes to win this sort of match, and he's against one of the least brutal wrestlers of all time in Steamboat. It's a Benoit win here, unfortunately.

How do you spoil a match like Chris Benoit vs Ricky Steamboat? You put Tables, Ladders and Chairs in the ring. I'd love to see this as a legitimate one on one match, but considering one's dead while the other is nowhere near as good as he was in his heyday, I dont care what any of you say, Steamboat vs Jericho was fucking shit, that match would never happen.

I am torn here, completely, so I am going to vote Steamboat because I think this match should be closer than what the polls are saying.

I never really cared for Steamboat. And Benoit was one of the greatest technical wrestlers ever. But entering TLC, Benoit can't win with the Crippler Crossface.

However, Benoit has competed in one and has the experience factor. Steamboat is a sitting duck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back