Fourth Round: Hell in a Cell - Ric Flair vs. Eddie Guerrero

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ric Flair

• Eddie Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a Fourth round matchup in the Tokyo Region.

Rules: This is a standard Hell in a Cell match. You can win by pinfall or submission but the fall must take place in the ring and the ring only.

tokyo_dome.jpg

Ric Flair

ric_flair_02.jpg

Vs.

Eddie Guerrero

Eddie_Guerrero_Story.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Eddie Guerrero has come further in the tournament than I really thought he would. He's made a good showing for himself, but his ride comes to an end here.

Some of Ric Flair's most memorable moments from any point in his career have involved being in cage matches, getting the ever lovin' shit kicked out of him, bleed like a stucked pig and somehow managing to walk out with a victory. He's been in countless cage matches and, more often than not, he's been the one that comes out on top. Both he and Guerrero will be sore and bloody, Flair will look like the hacked up murder victim in some slasher flick by the end of the match, but he will walk out with the win.

I think while neither of these guys has any experience in this kind of match, that Ric Flair in his prime is gonna come off the victor of this one, he's beaten the best of the best, clean or not, it doesn't matter, because there's no rules in this match, and Ric Flair is gonna be able to pull off some dirty tricks in this one that could ultimately cause Eddie Guerrero to get pinned in this one.

I think it's gonna be somewhat of an equal match, but I ultimately feel that Ric Flair is gonna pull this one off with a Figure Four Leg Lock in the middle of the ring, for Guerrero to tap out.

What people need to realize is that this neutralizes the Horsemen. "Flair always finds a way to win" as an argument gets a bit of a roadblock here as a result. Even though "Flair always finds a way to win" is still as flimsy an argument as it was in the last round.

Fuck it. I'm voting Eddie for his superior mugshot. That's enough of a reason for me.

Common sense says to vote Flair here with his 4-0 record agianst Eddie and all, but they never faced in Eddie's prime, which was after his death, and they never faced in a Hell in a Cell match, so all previous encounters are washes.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not I want to vote for Ric Flair here, which I most certainly don't. I'm sure a ton of you prefer Eddie Guerrero to Flair, which is a great reason to vote for the guy without big, floppy tits in this matchup.

I think while neither of these guys has any experience in this kind of match, that Ric Flair in his prime is gonna come off the victor of this one, he's beaten the best of the best, clean or not, it doesn't matter, because there's no rules in this match, and Ric Flair is gonna be able to pull off some dirty tricks in this one that could ultimately cause Eddie Guerrero to get pinned in this one.

I think it's gonna be somewhat of an equal match, but I ultimately feel that Ric Flair is gonna pull this one off with a Figure Four Leg Lock in the middle of the ring, for Guerrero to tap out.

Eddie's gimmick was to 'Lie, Cheat, and Steal', so it's not like he doesn't know how to use the 'no rules' strategy. Eddie's a smart guy, so he'd catch onto Flair's tactics before it's too late. Also, as someone said above me, Eddie doesn't have to worry about the Horsemen, as it'll just be him and Flair caged inside.

Eddie can take a severe beating, as well, during his match vs. Lesnar at No Way Out 04, he was getting the crap beating out of him before he pulled out the victory to win the championship. Vs. JBL at the Great American Bash 04 is another example, when he lost gallons of blood before he got himself DQ'ed. So let's not make it out to say Eddie can't take some punishment as well.

Overall, I voted for Eddie for a few reasons. He's one of my all time favorites and I am helping supporting him, and I hope he continues his amazing journey. Also, this match type, at least in my opinion, favors Eddie slightly more then Flair, with him not having to worry about the Horsemen and can take a beating himself. Vote Eddie, it's the right thing to do.

Eddie's gimmick was to 'Lie, Cheat, and Steal', so it's not like he doesn't know how to use the 'no rules' strategy. Eddie's a smart guy, so he'd catch onto Flair's tactics before it's too late. Also, as someone said above me, Eddie doesn't have to worry about the Horsemen, as it'll just be him and Flair caged inside.

The problem is that a lot of the matches saw Eddie cheating and lying in ways where he would fake a low-blow or fake the fact that his opponent hit him with a chair, there's no rules in this match, certainly Eddie and Flair has both got experience in the no rules environment, but Flair has gone through many brutal matches, just as Eddie, the problem is that for the majority of times, we saw Ric Flair emerging victorious.

Eddie can take a severe beating, as well, during his match vs. Lesnar at No Way Out 04, he was getting the crap beating out of him before he pulled out the victory to win the championship. Vs. JBL at the Great American Bash 04 is another example, when he lost gallons of blood before he got himself DQ'ed. So let's not make it out to say Eddie can't take some punishment as well.

Ric Flair can take severe beatings as well, he has wrestled and defeated some of the greatest of all time, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Sting, Terry Funk, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper Randy Savage and Vader, all tough opponents that wouldn't have had much problems kicking Eddie Guerrero's ass, and I'm certain the list can go on.

But, remind me, who of significance has Eddie Guerrero beaten that was anywhere the level of the people Flair defeated?

And I'm not saying Eddie cannot take punishment, but it's idiotic to imply that Ric Flair can't go the length here, he wrestled 60 minute draws on a regular basic.

Overall, I voted for Eddie for a few reasons. He's one of my all time favorites and I am helping supporting him, and I hope he continues his amazing journey. Also, this match type, at least in my opinion, favors Eddie slightly more then Flair, with him not having to worry about the Horsemen and can take a beating himself. Vote Eddie, it's the right thing to do.

Ric Flair can handle himself in matches that doesn't necessarily need the help from the Horsemen, he's wrestled cage matches against Harley Race and Dusty Rhodes, and won them both.

Alright, just to preface this, this is coming from one of the biggest Ric Flair haters on here. I have said countless times that Ric Flair is one of the biggest jokes of the industry, and that what he did to the send-off that WWE gave him by coming back into the ring is one of the lowest, most disgusting acts I have ever seen. HOWEVER, he is still the Nature Boy Ric Flair, and he is still without a shadow of a doubt, one of the top two wrestlers ever in this industry. In Ric Flair's prime, he could beat anybody, ANYBODY. He would most certainly destroy Eddie here.

1: Yes, Eddie's moniker was to "lie, cheat, and steal" to win matches, and win titles, but is everyone forgetting what Ric Flair's moniker is? The man is "The dirtiest player in the game." Ric Flair built a legacy around doing whatever it took to win a match. While Eddie's lying and cheating is the equivalent of a 6 year old taking a candy bar from a grocery store, Ric Flair was robbing banks for millions. (Okay, someone explain what the hell I did there. :p ) The point is that Ric's moniker doesn't just come from the horsemen interfering in his matches. It comes from using low-blows, using the ropes during the figure-four, and a hundred other subtle and sneaky ways to break the rules. Ric Flair would find a way to steal this match-up.

2. The second thing that Ric built his legacy on was taking a beating and still winning the match, ESPECIALLY in Steel Cages, which is pretty much what the Hell in a Cell is: A big Cage Match. I could go on about this, but I think the proof is in the video. So, you want to know how awesome, and tough Ric was in his prime, check out the CLASSIC Steel Cage match he had with "The King" Harley Race at Starcade 1983:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5doKQ7fEdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01VAVZ4Xsu0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGpw-2PgoA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApFcTTGtCvE&feature=related

Ric Flair wins this match-up, and it is not even close.

What people need to realize is that this neutralizes the Horsemen. "Flair always finds a way to win" as an argument gets a bit of a roadblock here as a result. Even though "Flair always finds a way to win" is still as flimsy an argument as it was in the last round.

Fuck it. I'm voting Eddie for his superior mugshot. That's enough of a reason for me.

This is true, but Ric Flair couldn't have drawn the best possible match for him to advance. Ric Flair's greatest matches are in a steel cage. He beat Harley Race inside a steel cage, he regained his world title from Ron Garvin inside a cage, he's mamed Dusty Rhodes inside the steel cage. I could go on and on...and yes, Flair's lost some of those matches, too.

But Eddie Guerrero does something those other wrestlers who beat Flair didn't do... take high risks. Guerrero is a person who depends on high risk moves to win matches. And Eddie's going against a man who out thinks the best in this business.

There's no circumstance where I'd take Eddie over Ric Flair. And especially inside a steel cage.

Flair marches on. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I see that you're a fan of Eddie, so I'll be cordial here. Eddie will be a formidable foe for the Nature Boy, but he's simply not experienced enough to hang in a cage match with Ric Flair. Flair's beaten far better wrestlers inside a cage and would have no trouble doing that to Eddie in this match.

Well, Eddie can't get DQ'd in this match. So he's sorta screwed. And yes, Lesnar beat the hell out of Guerrero, but Flair doesn't 'beat' his opponents, he simply wears them down, lets them make a mistake, and capitalizes on said mistake. Flair wouldn't tire himself chasing Eddie around the ring or waist energy beating on him. So Eddie may take a lot of punishment, but Flair can dish out a lot of it, and can eventually pin Eddie.

At least you're honest. Fandom should be a factor in your voting. I voted Flair because he's one of my favorite all time wrestlers, but I also know that when we look back in our modern pro wrestling history, Flair's in the category of 'greatest wrestlers of all time.' Some say he's overrated and some say he was a prick. But you can't argue 16 world title wins over a career that lasted 35 + years. Eddie was great, and not to be mean, but his legacy is greater because he died tragically. Not taking anything away from him, but call a spade a spade and look at the body of work. His competition wasn't on par with Flair during his time, and Eddie's 'Lie, Cheat, and Steal' moniker sounds similar to Flair's 'Dirtiest Player in the Game' reputation.

The right thing is to vote for whom you think will win. And in my case, Flair wins this in a 45 minute classic ending with Eddie passing out from the Figure Four, wearing the crimson mask.

Ric Flair in his prime would wipe the floor with Guerrero. Whilst Guerrero may "Lie, cheat and steal", Flair is the "Dirtiest Player in the Game" which at very least certainly neutralises Eddie's mean streak. Personally, I don't think Guerrero even made it to his peak, and I'm a big fan of both men so casting a vote against Eddie in this would normally be tough for me. But not against Naitch. I don't even need to bother checking wikipedia or youtube to back this up, because it would be embarrassing for Guerrero. Flair is one of the greatest of all time. Eddie only got where he did because Lesnar quit IMO. Not saying he wouldn't ever have been world champ, but he was a transitional one at best.

Vote Flair. Woooo.

YES!!! FINALLY!!! A match were I can't decide a freakin winner!!!! Both guys are legendary wrestlers and both were part of solid stables. Eddie led the lWo while Flair led numerous incarnations of the Four Horsemen (counting his new stable in TNA with Styles, Kazarian, Wolfe, and Beer Money.) Both guys have won a lot of gold, with Flair winning the most. My problem is, I can't pick one over the other without feeling guilty, so I just gotta say both win.

They're both shit, but Flair was more successful and definitely more of a main eventer. Eddie can't get anyone dqed here and it is not currently 2004 and WZ Forums don't have a desperate need to throw the title on anyone and see it stick. Put simply, Eddie is a second rate worker against one of the sport's biggest names and he has no chance here.

The blood will flow in this match and I sure as hell hope that the blood is drenching from the forehead of Ric Flair. Eddie Guerrero will lie, cheat and steal his way to victory.

Both Flair and Eddie are legends in the ring, This is a match that I would of love to see in the past when Eddie was still alive. Very tough match for both Flair and Eddie, but in the end I think that Flair would have come on top. So Flair all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back