Third Round - Tokyo: Last Man Standing - Batista vs. Ric Flair

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Batista

• Ric Flair

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ric Flair is just superior to Batista in every way. And Batista's history in these matches isn't so good. He's lost plenty of Last Man Standing matches. But Flair would be right at home in this environment.

If everyone can just see past Batista's size and realize that technical/intelligent wrestlers will always defeat power wrestlers, this should be a no-brainer. Flair for the win.

Considering that Batista has only been in two last man standing matches, I don't know if the word "plenty" applies here. I remember Flair losing a Last Man Standing Match to HHH who returned a month earlier after getting his ass handed to him by Batista three straight times. So how exactly is Flair at home? I imagine Batista would learn from Edge and Orton and just give Ric the conchairto and did they have toolboxes under the ring in Flair's prime so I imagine the Nature Boy won't be pulling out the tape for this one.

Taking into account the type of match that this is, I’m going to have to go with Batista for the win here. The arguments for Flair winning have been very hypothetical, on the basis that he is so resourceful and sneaky that he will manage to steal a victory at the last minute. This tactic might work in normal matches, but in a Last Man Standing match against Batista this just won’t fly. What exactly is the dirty tactic that Flair would use to keep Batista down for a ten count? A low blow? The Figure Four Leg Lock? This type of match hugely favours Batista, simply because he is so much better suited to it. His Spear, Spinebuster and Batista Bomb are not hypothetical ways to win a match, they are the actual means with which he would give Flair the beating of a lifetime. The “Its Ric Flair, he will find a way to outsmart Batista” argument holds no weight if you cannot name one of these sneaky short cuts that Flair will use to get a victory. A Batista Bomb through a table or onto a chair would get the win for Batista, simply because I do not see any way that the match could end otherwise.

Taking into account the type of match that this is, I’m going to have to go with Batista for the win here. The arguments for Flair winning have been very hypothetical, on the basis that he is so resourceful and sneaky that he will manage to steal a victory at the last minute. This tactic might work in normal matches, but in a Last Man Standing match against Batista this just won’t fly. What exactly is the dirty tactic that Flair would use to keep Batista down for a ten count? A low blow? The Figure Four Leg Lock? This type of match hugely favours Batista, simply because he is so much better suited to it. His Spear, Spinebuster and Batista Bomb are not hypothetical ways to win a match, they are the actual means with which he would give Flair the beating of a lifetime. The “Its Ric Flair, he will find a way to outsmart Batista” argument holds no weight if you cannot name one of these sneaky short cuts that Flair will use to get a victory. A Batista Bomb through a table or onto a chair would get the win for Batista, simply because I do not see any way that the match could end otherwise.

As opposed to in reality? This IS a hypothetical match. Thus, hypothetical arguments would be the way to go.

Ric Flair beat TERRY FUNK in an I Quit match. You're telling me that Flair couldn't beat some slow weightlifter in a sinister match where blood and weapons will everywhere? Flair blades for fun...when was the last time that you saw Batista bleed?

Flair would run circles around Batista and still have plenty left over to make it to the back. Vote Flair.

here is where gimmick matches really come into play
normally the dirtiest player in the game would find a way to cheat to win or gain a rollup or some dirty tactic for a cheap pin
but with a last man standing match, unless you are john cena with duct tape, there really is no easy way out, i have to go with batista, the powerhouse, because i just dont see flair having ANY move to put an animal like batista down for 10

WM21 did huge numbers with Dave as the focal point and WM23 is the highest drawing Mania ever. His rematches with Hunter also did well. When he's showcased properly, he does draw. So I'm not sure what you're flapping your typing fingers about.

Batista wasn't the headliner at WM 21. And by being 'showcased properly', you must mean have someone who can draw money wrestle with him. Because that's the only way he sells tickets. Batista against an even more inferior opponent fails miserably.

Batista isn't going down by submission. Esepcially in a Last Man Standing match.
Batista's tapped out before. He's not above being submitted. Especially by someone who is far, FAR more experienced at weakening your opponent.

Survivor Series 2009 is the biggest match Mysterio ever had with Dave. How did that work out for him?
So we've come to the conclusion that Batista has won some big matches. SOME. That's the key word there. Ric Flair, at his peak, won EVERY big match he was in. The higher the stakes, the better Flair was. In Batista's case, he folded in nearly all major matches except for a few here and there.

Also, Cena's only one of two men to get on even footing with Dave in his prime. And it's not like Dave's victory over Cena happened at a house show.
True. However, can you name any wrestlers that got the best of Ric Flair on a consistent basis? Exactly, because no wrestler ever got the best of him consistently. Steamboat beats him once, Flair comes back, motivated to win, and beats Steamboat clean. Harley Race has a bounty put on Flair, Flair gets hurt, becomes motivated, comes back with a vengeance and wins his World Title on what was the biggest wrestling stage in the United States at the time. Against Harley Race. Vader dominated everyone in sight... until Flair came along... and beat Vader NOT once... but twice and even in a Steel Cage. Sometimes, a wrestler beats Flair. It happens to the best of them... but as Flair says, "FOOL ME ONCE... SHAME ON YOU... FOOL ME TWICE... SHAME ... ON ME!" Good wrestlers beat great wrestlers once... great wrestlers can beat the greats consistently. And Batista is nowhere near the level of Flair in his prime.

Yeah, I'd sure hate to be on his level.
You should.

This has what to do with how donimant Cena is?
Cena's 'dominant' because he's billed that way. He's marketed to be Superman.

Oh, right. Nothing. Nice job adding little of substance to the discussion. If only you could make a proper career of it, you'd be set. And maybe even world class.
My point is you harp on how awesome Cena is and how you think he's better than guys like Flair, Race, Hansen, Rhodes, etc. Cena would be a mid-carder back in the olden days. His body type is a dime a dozen. So to say that Batista wrestled someone like Cena is irrelevant.

And Batista went on to win in his home town with the belt at stake. Pride and gold. Big situation. Batista won.
Yea. Can't lose them all. Just like you can't win them all. But push comes to shove, I take Flair in a big match over ANYONE... much less Batista.

Taker's one of two men to beat Dave man to man over the last five years. Not too shappy, and if you average it out, Dave's looked more dominant over his short career than Flair has in ANY five year stretch.
That is plain absurd. You're telling me that from 1983-1988, Ric Flair, who beat guys like Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, Sting, Barry Windham, Magnum TA, Nikita Koloff, Kerry Von Erich, Jumbo Tsuruta, and TERRY FUNK, and headlined EVERY PPV held during that time isn't as dominant as Batista? Unreal. The talent pool back in Flair's day would put today's talent out of work. Undertaker, HHH, Edge, Randy Orton, and MAYBE John Cena would make it back in those days. Flair doesn't just have a five year span of domination either, try nearly 20 damn years.

Oh, look. A Flair mark speaking vaguely about their man's reputation. SHOCKING.
What? Ask anyone who knows about wrestling back in the older days and they'll tell you all you need to know about Ric Flair.

Lariat only knows five movez.
And by Lariat you mean Coco right? Because I'm technically sound, made of molten steel and sex appeal, and can go... ALL NIGHT LONG! Woooo!

Except he didn't. You know, like I showed in my last post. Facts are facts. Batista doesn't do decisive losses unless they're on rare occasions against only two names.
Edge has his number, too. Forgot about that. Three chances to beat Edge, and couldn't do it... even with Edge giving him high stakes saying he wouldn't fight for the WHC as long as Edge was champion. Still didn't win it.

Flair, on the other hand, almost always looked decisively trounced.
Yet, he always walks out with the gold. Or in this case, the match. :D

Flair's simply outmatched and outclassed here.
Umm... just no.

Assuming this takes place in each man's prime, 80s Flair knows nothing of the greatness that is Batista. But Batista's seen all of Flair's tricks AND fended off many men using those tricks.
You don't think Flair scouts opponents? OR tries to get into their heads with all his trash talk. Batista's not above being affected by simple words and letting his emotions get the best of him. Flair plays on those emotions, waits on a mistake, and makes sure Batista pays the price for it.

Will tactics.

VOTE BATISTA

You'd think you'd be tired of having your ass handed to you in these things. You have moxie. That's for sure.

I'm only quoting this part because the rest of your post is basically just repeating this same sentiment. You talk about Batista only having two decisive losses. What the fuck does that mean? A loss is a loss. I don't care what type of interference there is or what circumstances occurred to make the loss happen.
You're about to let me prove myself right. Just wait.

The fact is Batista has lost a lot more then you're saying he has. The one guy that has beaten Batista the most over the last few years is Edge. Edge, like Flair, is known as a guy who always finds a way to win. Whether it's a cheap victory, a win with a ton of interference, or just exploiting a weakness the fact is he found a way to constantly beat Batista.
Edge's wins over Batista: A History

Judgement Day 2007: Via roll-up after exploiting a leg injury Batista won't have in this match.

Odds of Flair replicating that kind of victory in a Last Man Standing match: Non-existent.

One Night Stand 2007: Escape from the cage.

Odds of Flair replicating that kind of victory in a Last Man Standing match: Non-existent.

Vengeance 2007: Count-out.

Night of Champions 2008: Referee replacement and rule bending made possible by power-figure Edge was banging.

Every time Batista's beaten Edge, it was decisive destruction. Can Batista replicate that kind of destruction on what you claim to be an Edge-like figure? ABSOLUTELY. Will that win him the match? YES.

So, as you can see, a loss isn't a loss.

Flair just happens to be about 100X better then Edge and he would certainly find a way to beat Batista even with the odds stacked against him. The same way he beat Funk in an "I Quit" match and the same way he beat Vader in a steel cage.
Batista can submit Flair all he wants. It won't win him the match. So I have no idea why you continue to bring these matches up.

Rey Mysterio kept rolling him up,
Once because Batista was merciful. At his peak, which we're assuming is when this match takes place, he isn't merciful. When he's not merciful, he destorys people.

Try asking Rey about Survivor Series. You know, the one where he didn't roll Batista up when Batista found an bit of kindness in his heart. The event where Mysterio had to be taken away on a stretcher.

Jericho spent about a week taking a picece of the cage off to hit him with,
Let me know when this becomes a cage match.

and John Cena sellotaped his legs together,
A move Cena only had the composure to do because he was able to stand toe-to-toe with Dave.

Something Flair CAN'T DO.

Clearly, in a last man standing match, those things may not have worked, but people tend to find a way of beating people more powerful than them in that match.
Generalizing much?

Triple H over Jericho sure wasn't someone finding a way to beat a more powerful man.

Big Show beat Triple H in one on SmackDown last year.

Kane beat Shane McMahon in a LMS match in 2003.

Batista, a stronger man than Kane, beat him in a LMS match in 2007.

Your generalizations mean nothing examples that dispute them spring to mind so easily.

If everyone can just see past Batista's size and realize that technical/intelligent wrestlers will always defeat power wrestlers
I'll stop you there.

You're entire argument is based on a false premise.

Good day, sir.

Either way, while it might seem logical to vote for Batista due to his brutality, I still think Ric Flair is gonna be able to pull out a trick or two, Batista seems to rely on brutality, where as Ric Flair is quite a clever wrestler, he'll find a way to keep Batista down, just like he did with Vader.
Ferb, can't say this enough:

FLAIR CAN'T WIN WITH A QUICK ROLL-UP OR A SUBMISSION

These Vader examples mean nothing.

So how exactly is Flair at home?
Flair fights dirty. That's an automatic win, isn't it? Worked for Edge last year.

Might as well make that argument the WZ Tournament's first official cheat code.

Ric Flair beat TERRY FUNK in an I Quit match.
That still doesn't matter.

Flair blades for fun...when was the last time that you saw Batista bleed?
Batista dominates. He doesn't need to bleed.

Are you trying to help Batista win or something?

Batista wasn't the headliner at WM 21.
Now you're just lying through your (internet equivalent for teeth).

Of course you were probably so busy weeping by candlelight while longing for the past and staring at your faded Starrcade '85 program to notice anything that happened in the last ten years.

And by being 'showcased properly', you must mean have someone who can draw money wrestle with him.
No, I mean having booking put together a feud that generates interest. Batista can carry it from there.

If you're trying to imply that Flair drew in every shitty creative circumstance he's ever been in, you're sadly mistaken. Flair needed proper booking to draw, just like everybody else.

Why is matters in a Last Man Standing match is beyond me.

Batista's tapped out before. He's not above being submitted. Especially by someone who is far, FAR more experienced at weakening your opponent.
Submitting won't help.

Also, Cena averages more wins with the STF than Flair did with the Figure Four. Cena's stronger in submissions.

Ric Flair, at his peak, won EVERY big match he was in.
No. He didn't. He lost his title many a time, at many a big event, to many men.

True. However, can you name any wrestlers that got the best of Ric Flair on a consistent basis? Exactly, because no wrestler ever got the best of him consistently. Steamboat beats him once, Flair comes back, motivated to win, and beats Steamboat clean. Harley Race has a bounty put on Flair, Flair gets hurt, becomes motivated, comes back with a vengeance and wins his World Title on what was the biggest wrestling stage in the United States at the time. Against Harley Race. Vader dominated everyone in sight... until Flair came along... and beat Vader NOT once... but twice and even in a Steel Cage. Sometimes, a wrestler beats Flair. It happens to the best of them... but as Flair says, "FOOL ME ONCE... SHAME ON YOU... FOOL ME TWICE... SHAME ... ON ME!" Good wrestlers beat great wrestlers once... great wrestlers can beat the greats consistently. And Batista is nowhere near the level of Flair in his prime.
Batista's gotten the last or highest profile laugh in every feud he's been in except for one. All of those laughs were decisive.

That is with Cena, who on average looks stronger than Flair.

As usual, you're plugging your ears and pretending things that happened this decade didn't or didn't matter.

Cena's 'dominant' because he's billed that way. He's marketed to be Superman.
So Flair's just God and anyone you don't like is just billed a certain way or pushed hard?

Could you look any stupider right now?

Blah, blah, what happened in this decade doesn't really matter, Cena sux, Batista sux, body type, Wooo!
Okay then.

VOTE BATISTA.

Ric Flair in a brutal, brutal war. Batista dominates early, but Flair hits a low blow, and goes on the offensive. He proceeds to absolutely destroy Batista's leg/knee. Batista mounts a brief comeback, but his leg gives out trying the batista Bomb. Flair goes to work even more brutally now, and eventually, Batista's mind is willing, but his body is no longer able to stand. Flair is covered in blood, but victorious.

Flair takes this bloodbath. Ric is just willing to do more than Big Dave and has done more against bigger and better names.

Flair at the 25 minute Mark via The Brass Knuckles to Dave's Skull and crotch area repeatedly.

That still doesn't matter.

Because it is so damaging to your argument? Funk has more sickness in his cool tights than Batista has in his whole body. And Flair beat him in a hardcore gimmick match. Of course Flair is going to whipe the floor with Batista.

Stop spending time arguing and instead continue to PM noobs to vote for Batista...as that will be your best chance to achieve victory for this guy who should have been eliminated in Round 1.

Because it is so damaging to your argument?
Not at all. You can scream it until you go hoarse, but logical fans will see through your silly tactics while blind marks vote for Flair regardless of you repeating this stale talking point.

Flair made Funk quit. That doesn't win one a Last Man Standing match.

Ta-da! Debunked.

Funk has more sickness in his cool tights than Batista has in his whole body. And Flair beat him in a hardcore gimmick match.
A gimmick match where Flair didn't come into contact with any of the barbed wire or other such tactics that redifined both brutality and Funk's reputation.

Batista's survived both barbed wire and more "hardcore" matches to come out with wins.

I'm taking Batista.

Stop spending time arguing and instead continue to PM noobs to vote for Batista...as that will be your best chance to achieve victory for this guy who should have been eliminated in Round 1.
I barely have the energy to make one non-spam post a day. You really think I'm going to take it upon myself to PM for votes? Really?

Way to fail, Ricky. Keep up the great work.

I dont see why Batistas name is down next to ric flair, but heres the argument because for some reason its close. like all the other posters said flair finds a way to win matches after getting his ass whooped. in this tpe of match arn anderson will come down woth his tire iron and knock batistas big ass out. and all of this shit about batista only losing to two ppl in 5 years is ridiculous. flair is probably the most dominant wrestler ever. he eats talentless fucks like batista as apart of a well balanced breakfast.

So Batista's winning this thing huh? Because he's so strong, and he's an ANIMAL! He NEVER LOSES! I mean, we don't live in a bubble. Batista's won some matches... but he's lost nearly half of his biggest matches. Undertaker, Cena, EDGE, and Orton have all beaten Batista rather decisively. And all but one of these wrestlers are on Ric Flair's level.

Any way you slice it, it boils down to Batista depending on power and brute force to win. Flair was brutalized in many matches, and still won them. Last Man Standing or whatever, it doesn't matter. Batista lets himself get tied up with masking tape, tears a muscle every time he makes a sudden move, and is so one dimensional, that any wrestler with a brain could scout him and beat him.

Flair's faced so many better big, strong men that Batista and has beaten them. The best example of this.. is Lex Luger in his prime.

[youtube]48WXXMZF9ig[/youtube]

Now, the match ends in DQ thanks to... the HORSEMEN! Yea. Didn't even factor that into it did you? Well even if you didn't. Notice how long Luger stays down after the match. Not because it's over, but because his knee is destroyed and he can't overcome the pain to even think of standing up. And Luger wasn't that injury prone. Flair could rip Batista's quad all to hell in the match.

So make the right choice and don't be ashamed of thinking Old School is better. Vote Ric Flair.

Undertaker, Cena, EDGE, and Orton have all beaten Batista rather decisively.
That's a lie. I established a couple posts ago that Edge has never defeated Batista decisively. But go ahead, keep showing me how much the truth hurts your argument.

Orton? Another lie. In Batista's prime, he's NEVER been beaten by Orton. Forget about decisively.

Batista lets himself get tied up with masking tape,
A move Cena only got to make because he could stand toe to toe with Batista.

Flair wouldn't have the chance. Same answer to the same talking point you keep bringing up. For what reason, I know not.

tears a muscle every time he makes a sudden move,
Yeah, and he kept holding the World Championships for months with such a kayfabe injury.

Not to mention that last year, after being diagnosed with an injury, he went on to squash Randy Orton and win another title.

Batista wins. Plain and simple. Injuries don't matter to him.

and is so one dimensional, that any wrestler with a brain could scout him and beat him.
Then why don't more do so?

Flair's faced so many better big, strong men that Batista and has beaten them. The best example of this.. is Lex Luger in his prime.
Luger's kayfabe career doesn't average out to one as strong looking as Batista's. FACT.

Anyhow, Batista's single-handedly fended off groups of wrestlers in the past. Luger not being the dominant motherfucker that Batista is carries no weight in this argument.

VOTE BATISTA.

So, as you can see, a loss isn't a loss.

Batista can submit Flair all he wants. It won't win him the match. So I have no idea why you continue to bring these matches up.

Yes, a loss is a loss. I was proving that Edge was always able to find a way to win, something that Flair made a career of doing. Just because he never did it in a LMS match doesn't mean that he couldn't do it.

I also realize Batista giving up in the figure four would be irrelevant but here's a quick scenario: Flair works on Batista's legs throughout the match and does a lot of damage to them. Flair then slaps on the figure four and because both men are technically down on the ground the ref starts the count. Once he gets to 8 Flair breaks the hold and stands up and Batista, who can barely walk at this point because of the damage done to his legs, isn't able to pull himself up in the last two seconds. Just one of many ways Flair's smart's and ring savvy could get him the victory.

Yes, a loss is a loss.
No. Not when one wrestler walks away the better man every single time. Which is what would happen here. Because when it comes to facing people like Edge, he's just the better man. "He always finds a way" doesn't play when he's never found a way to be the last man standing against a man as dominant as Batista.

I was proving that Edge was always able to find a way to win, something that Flair made a career of doing. Just because he never did it in a LMS match doesn't mean that he couldn't do it.
Batista being more dominant overall than Flair and having almost unrivaled success this decade when it comes to leaving people on their back means the chance of him doing it is just about non-existent.

I also realize Batista giving up in the figure four would be irrelevant but here's a quick scenario: Flair works on Batista's legs throughout the match and does a lot of damage to them. Flair then slaps on the figure four and because both men are technically down on the ground the ref starts the count. Once he gets to 8 Flair breaks the hold and stands up and Batista, who can barely walk at this point because of the damage done to his legs, isn't able to pull himself up in the last two seconds. Just one of many ways Flair's smart's and ring savvy could get him the victory.
Batista's dealt with the Figure Four successfully in the past. The notion that it keeps him down here at the hands of a man who he's all but skull-fucked for the better part of 15 minutes is laughable. The notion that he lets Flair get to his feet is even more laughable considering Batista at almost any point in this match is likely to be less worn out than Flair.

Flair's hopeless here. Batista just doesn't take losses like this to a man like Flair.

Ferb, can't say this enough:

FLAIR CAN'T WIN WITH A QUICK ROLL-UP OR A SUBMISSION

These Vader examples mean nothing.

I applaud the fact that you managed to read a roll-up or submission from what I wrote, I didn't say that was any of the things that he was going to be doing to Batista, but as I said, Ric Flair is a very smart wrestler and should be able to find a way to keep Batista down, duct tape? perhaps, perhaps not, he could very well just start working on the submission and keep him down for the 10 count.

I believe I've watched the figure four leg lock keep someone down for a fairly long time to be honest.

Oh and if the Vader examples means something just fine, it's the same as you pulling the Triple H and Undertaker examples, it's tough opponents that X wrestler has beaten.

I applaud the fact that you managed to read a roll-up or submission from what I wrote, I didn't say that was any of the things that he was going to be doing to Batista,
You said he'd handle him in a similar fashion to Vader.

It's still not possible.

Okay. I jest. Flair can school-boy Batista for as long as he wants. It just won't win him the match.

but as I said, Ric Flair is a very smart wrestler and should be able to find a way to keep Batista down
This is still void of any real substance. But you guys can go ahead and keep saying it. I mean it sounds great and all that.

Oh and if the Vader examples means something just fine, it's the same as you pulling the Triple H and Undertaker examples, it's tough opponents that X wrestler has beaten.
No, it's not the same. Batista laid them out decisively. No submissions or roll-ups to muddy the issue of him being a viable last man standing.

VOTE BATISTA

Coco, you appear to be under this delusion that Batista won't lose because submission doesn't end the match. If you break someones legs, they can't stand. Ric Falir would keep that hold locked on until the cows came home.

Size wise? Chris Jericho beat Kane, a signifcantly bigger man than him in a last man standing match. How, he used his surroundings, they didn't call Ric Flair the dirtiest player in tha game for no reason, he could well use his surroundings to beat Batista.

Batista is raw power, and on paper that works well in his favour BUT Flair has a history of beating power wrestlers, but you already know that. Be smart ladies and gents, use your vote wisely and Vote for Ric Flair

Coco, you appear to be under this delusion that Batista won't lose because submission doesn't end the match. If you break someones legs, they can't stand. Ric Falir would keep that hold locked on until the cows came home.
Yeah, Flair's going to have the strength to do that after taking his routine "get gutted like a pig" sequence for the first part of the match, right?

He's not prepared for what a man like Batista will do to him. Batista's record for domination and coming out the better man is sterling, spotless with two exceptions. He'll destroy Flair. He won't have the gumption to do anything near break a leg.

And even if he did, I've already established that Batista works through injuries. In the fall of 2005, he kept the belt while injured for months. Last year, he squashed Randy Orton despite coming into the match knowing he'd need time off. Simple fact is injuries don't register with Dave like they do with other's. If it wasn't working out so well for him, I'd say it's something a neurologist should have a look at.

Size wise? Chris Jericho beat Kane, a signifcantly bigger man than him in a last man standing match. How, he used his surroundings, they didn't call Ric Flair the dirtiest player in tha game for no reason, he could well use his surroundings to beat Batista.
Kane loses to everybody. This isn't saying much, and Kane isn't half the man Batista is.

But the "Flair fights dirty, and will ALWAYS find a way" card must work. I mean it's not as though half the people in this thread used that trick without pouring any real substance into it. I have examples, I have proof that Batista is damn near always the better man. You have a silly catch-phrase to back up your feeble argument. It's really getting pathetic at this point.

Batista is raw power, and on paper that works well in his favour BUT Flair has a history of beating power wrestlers,
None with a record for looking near-unbeatable like Batista, and certainly not in the decisive manner that Batista prevents wrestlers of Flair's caliber from getting over him.

VOTE BATISTA.

You said he'd handle him in a similar fashion to Vader.

Very well I'll give you that.

It's still not possible.

True.

Okay. I jest. Flair can school-boy Batista for as long as he wants. It just won't win him the match.

Of course not, what in the world made you think that? the matter is that Ric Flair has wrestled and defeated tougher opponents than Batista, and will eventually be fairly knowing of a way to put Batista down, 30+ years of experience in the business with many different gimmick matches and regular matches does that to a person.

This is still void of any real substance. But you guys can go ahead and keep saying it. I mean it sounds great and all that.

And what kind of void would that be? the fact that it's true? and that Ric Flair was one of the most dominant wrestlers during the 80's? something Batista could never say, he was never the most dominant wrestler at any given period of time, John Cena, Triple H and Undertaker was always just a little level above him, and while yes Batista dominated Triple H in a period's time, but John Cena and / or Undertaker's dominance during that period made up for it, nobody dominated like Ric Flair in the 80's, he defeated the guy who could very well have been more dominant.

No, it's not the same. Batista laid them out decisively. No submissions or roll-ups to muddy the issue of him being a viable last man standing.

That may very well be true, but Batista has been laid out his share of times as well, against Undertaker for example, (of course I can't say Triple H, that never happened) and other wrestlers who also proved to be less dominant than Batista has defeated him: Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels.

And while those weren't last man standing matches, just look at this video:

[YOUTUBE]VWpFre13MiQ[/YOUTUBE]

nearing the end Jericho had Batista down for at least long enough to reach a 6-7 count, and Jericho is nowhere near the wrestler Ric Flair was, if you notice nearing the end, Jericho bashes Batista with a piece of the steel cage, and incapacitates Batista for yet another 5 count to say the least if he was on the ground, and seeing as Ric Flair has access to weapons just like that, he's gonna be able to pull out some pretty nasty stuff as well.

VOTE BATISTA

I will not, I already voted Flair.

I think it's worth mentioning that according to this handy website I found, The Internet Wrestling Database, Batista and Ric Flair wrestled each other only twice.

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestler_search/batista-357.html?opp=138

2/25/05: Batista and Randy Orton d. Triple H and Ric Flair in a 2 on 2 Steel Cage match.
3/7/05: Batista d. Ric Flair (Pinfall)

So, Batista clearly can defeat Ric Flair cleanly one on one (as well as come out the victor in a tag team steel cage match). Why can't he beat Ric Flair in a match where he demonstrated just a few weeks ago that he's basically unstoppable in, and only lost because he got duct-taped to a ring post? John Cena threw everything at Batista, and Batista got right back up with no problem whatsoever.

Given that with the amount of times Flair has bled in his career, the skin on his forehead is basically like tissue paper. Batista would bust Flair open early, and it would be only a matter of time before bloodloss took its toll on him.

Batista absolutely should move on here.

As opposed to in reality? This IS a hypothetical match. Thus, hypothetical arguments would be the way to go.

Of course this is a hypothetical match, but my point is that the arguments presented for Flair have been vague and unsubstantiated. The arguments for Flair are based off his supposed resourcefulness, but there have been little or no examples of what exactly Flair could be creative enough to do in order to beat Batista. The Batista arguments put forward have been much better, simply because they actually illustrate the various means by which Batista would more likely dispatch Flair.

Ric Flair beat TERRY FUNK in an I Quit match. You're telling me that Flair couldn't beat some slow weightlifter in a sinister match where blood and weapons will everywhere? Flair blades for fun...when was the last time that you saw Batista bleed?

So what if Flair beat Terry Funk in an I Quit match, Terry Funk, for all his hardcore matches and great moments, has always been known as something of a jobber to big names. If Batista was put against Funk, he would destroy him in the same way that he would tear apart Flair. And you are trying to put Flair bleeding easily as a point for him to win? Batista doesn’t bleed often because he isn’t as easily busted open as Flair, because he dominates his opponents whereas Flair let’s his opponents dominate him. Flair does this in the hope that he can pull out a sneaky win at the end, something that he will not be able to accomplish in this case. As for Batista being a “slow weightlifter”, he does not speed to put Flair down for a ten count, and his physique and strength are exactly what will allow him to decisively beat Flair in this type of match up.

Flair would run circles around Batista and still have plenty left over to make it to the back. Vote Flair.

Flair could run circles around Batista all he wanted, that tactic will not win him the match. Flair can run all over the arena if he likes, but eventually he will have to face Batista, and then he will run straight into a Spinebuster. Batista may not be the accomplished mat technician that Flair is, but he has the size and strength that give him a clear advantage in this match. If we are being in any realistic here, Batista wins the match after severely incapacitating Flair, because that is exactly the way that it would go down.

Vota Batista

Batista right now is probably in his prime, at least in terms of IWC popularity. Batista just lost to John Cena in a Last Man Standing match. Therefore, Batista sucks in Last Man Standing matches. Automatic advantage to Flair.

Add on to this that Flair is the most decorated wrestler in history, and the odds are severely in Flair's favor. The fact that it's this close is a travesty...and you should all do some deep soul searching.

:flair:

Batista right now is probably in his prime, at least in terms of IWC popularity. Batista just lost to John Cena in a Last Man Standing match. Therefore, Batista sucks in Last Man Standing matches. Automatic advantage to Flair.

In a match that Batista could not be put down in, and Cena needed to resort to cheap, underhanded tactics in order to win.

I fail to see how Batista "sucks in Last Man Standing matches".

Fact of the matter is that he's 2-0 vs. Ric Flair, once in a steel cage match, and once in a straight up one on one match. In straight competition vs Flair, Batista has an automatic advantage.

I fail to see any good reason why Batista loses to Flair here.

Fact of the matter is that he's 2-0 vs. Ric Flair, once in a steel cage match, and once in a straight up one on one match. In straight competition vs Flair, Batista has an automatic advantage.
Guy, you and I both know that that's a stupid argument. You can't use those two matches since Flair was well north of 50 at the time and far from the wrestler he once was. Flair IN HIS PRIME would be tough for Batista to handle. Considering that there are no rules to this match, Flair's also got the Horsemen to back him up, which push the odds in his favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back