The Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a child. We have no time for this childish bullshit. If you had perhaps come to us with even an ounce of respect or the ability to comprehend the wild and crazy idea that rules can change over time, maybe you wouldn't be getting banned every five minutes.

But no, you chose to be Mr. I'm a Forum Veteran So Hand Me A Fuckin' Medal and brag about how you wrote the rules like we should all cowtow to you. Sorry, doesn't work like that, times change and your previous role in a administration almost a decade old means absolutely NOTHING right now in February of 2010. Please grow up, and stop making alternate accounts before we ban your IP.

I noticed Lee recently moved someone's thread to the Games Room.

However, you still cannot properly post in there.

I know a couple of Admin's are aware of this but I'm wondering what has happened with the Games Room / Posting Restrictions.

Regarding the thread move...really do we need another chuck norris thread?

Regarding hte games room...Sly's looking into it.

Hi. I was trying to post a response on the thread "Ezekiel Jackson to SD" and when I went to submit my post the message "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address" appeared. I've been able to post on other threads as normal though. I was just wondering if I had done anything wrong or if I had been infracted or something. This isn't the first time this has happened, by the way. I'd hate to think I screwed up or something after being here for only a month.

Sorry to repost this, Sly. However, I feel it has been overlooked because of all the drama in the thread (understandably). The problem is that I am not able to post any bets on vbookies. Any help would be great.

You can now get back into your account Dave, and you should be able to do vBookie again. PM me when you are back, and I'll tell you what happened.

Thanks guys for sorting out the problem with my account. If you could, delete the "Silence Of Death" account. But I gotta ask. Why did it say I was an alt? Were IP addresses similar? Or was it simply a misunderstanding?

Thanks guys for sorting out the problem with my account. If you could, delete the "Silence Of Death" account. But I gotta ask. Why did it say I was an alt? Were IP addresses similar? Or was it simply a misunderstanding?

Your ISP uses dynamic IP assigning, so you have literally over 50 IP addresses attached to your account. An IP that you have used previously matched an IP another poster had used previously.

Situation has been sorted.

Your ISP uses dynamic IP assigning, so you have literally over 50 IP addresses attached to your account. An IP that you have used previously matched an IP another poster had used previously.

Situation has been sorted.

Wow. That doesn't come as a surprise. I literally use over 10 different locations for internet providers as I don't have my own. One is from my cell phone which may be the culprit and the other is from my college campus. Anyway, thanks again.

You don't, really. If you don't want to use it, just stop using it. If you're looking to change your name, there's an ap for that. Are you looking to leave?

Why was the John Morrison Injury thread closed in the Smackdown section?

Because it was a work, and there was no sense for every other poster to post in the thread that "it was a work". That would be pointless responses.

The bottom line was that he wasn't injured, he wrestled overseas immediately after it happened, and everything is going on as normal.

It was a Non Story, therefore pointless to carry on the thread.

So apparently I received an infraction recently, but I have no clue why. I find the rules in this particular forum to be a bit too strict, but it is your forum, and the only good wrestling forum on the net, so I play ball. But I think it is ridiculous that I can receive an infraction without knowing what post it is for nor the reason outside of the general "spamming" answer. I make it a point to always thoroughly explain my posts, and I have stopped creating threads because of the extremely strict spamming rules. I'd like an explanation.

your post said:
The card is looking to actually come together pretty quickly.

Jericho vs Edge for the World Title

Batista vs Cena for the WWE Title (It's probably a safe bet that Hart and McMahon will be corner men in this match)

Taker vs HBK 2 Streak vs Career

Triple H vs Sheamus

Orton vs Dibease (or a three way with all of legacy)

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

MITB Match

Morrison vs McIntyre for the IC Title

Miz-Show vs TBA for the Tag Team Titles

You just gave a list, no reason why. That is why it was classed as spam. Always remember when making a post did you explain WHY. We don't require an essay heck you could say "Cena sucks he knows five moves" and that wouldn't be spam.

to the administrators,
hey guys, long time fan of the website going back almost 10 years at this point. i just recently joined the forums, and although i have MANY complaints, i will keep this to just one... D-Mann, i think, well whatever his name is, sent me an infraction for flaming... now just to lay a little groundwork, let me preface this by saying, he sent me a message with a warning about being borderline and that my bad use of grammar needed to change, i PMd him back and said, read the whole thread, because i was provoked and i had been "flamed" more times the freddy krueger up to that point. we went back and forth and it was obvious that dealing with me was not on his agenda for the day, so when i asked the questions- why? he started to get pretty angry... then finally i got the infraction along with the threat that he had no problems banning me...the thread had to deal with chris benoit and was very polarizing, i stated my case and from there, started getting reply posts saying im a moron, im an imbecile, im uneducated, asinine, basically everything that you can say, without "flaming". i replied back, i used the term ******, which can be very touchy, and i understand that. i read what flaming is, and, first off, it wasnt unprovoked, there was definately a lot of back and forth direct replys usually instigated by 2 or 3 of the same kids trying to make it known that i dont know what im talking about. i like this site, but if im banned from the forums for this, i just dont feel like i could ever come back to wrestlezone, and i feel that you guys would be losing a long time, loyal, visitor... ill watch what i say from this point, i know im dealing with a lot of VERY different personalities and age groups, and people with varying opinions, but i still think that the moderator was out of line for taking it as far as he did and not allowing me to state my case because he is "the moderator" and what he says... goes... this post is a very good example of my way of posting, very stream of conscience, i dont stop to check grammar or to see if im putting the periods and commas in the right places, i just type. i dont quite understand what the problem is with that... so all im asking is, well, maybe reconsider the infraction, because at this rate i wont last very long on here, anyways...

to the administrators,
hey guys, long time fan of the website going back almost 10 years at this point. i just recently joined the forums, and although i have MANY complaints, i will keep this to just one... D-Mann, i think, well whatever his name is, sent me an infraction for flaming... now just to lay a little groundwork, let me preface this by saying, he sent me a message with a warning about being borderline and that my bad use of grammar needed to change, i PMd him back and said, read the whole thread, because i was provoked and i had been "flamed" more times the freddy krueger up to that point. we went back and forth and it was obvious that dealing with me was not on his agenda for the day, so when i asked the questions- why? he started to get pretty angry... then finally i got the infraction along with the threat that he had no problems banning me...the thread had to deal with chris benoit and was very polarizing, i stated my case and from there, started getting reply posts saying im a moron, im an imbecile, im uneducated, asinine, basically everything that you can say, without "flaming". i replied back, i used the term ******, which can be very touchy, and i understand that. i read what flaming is, and, first off, it wasnt unprovoked, there was definately a lot of back and forth direct replys usually instigated by 2 or 3 of the same kids trying to make it known that i dont know what im talking about. i like this site, but if im banned from the forums for this, i just dont feel like i could ever come back to wrestlezone, and i feel that you guys would be losing a long time, loyal, visitor... ill watch what i say from this point, i know im dealing with a lot of VERY different personalities and age groups, and people with varying opinions, but i still think that the moderator was out of line for taking it as far as he did and not allowing me to state my case because he is "the moderator" and what he says... goes... this post is a very good example of my way of posting, very stream of conscience, i dont stop to check grammar or to see if im putting the periods and commas in the right places, i just type. i dont quite understand what the problem is with that... so all im asking is, well, maybe reconsider the infraction, because at this rate i wont last very long on here, anyways...

I'm sure an administrator will review your complaint. Since you know how to use the PM system, I suggest that you PM one of the non-Crave administrators (either IrishCanadian25 or Slyfox696) to make sure that your complaint is promptly looked at. Thank you for your patience.

Hey Andy, man, let meaddress your complaint. Believe it or not, D-Man reached out to me earlier regarding your case and let me know wathe was doing before he did it. The way I understand it, he sent you a message just to give you some advice on how to improve your posting style. He metioned to me that you go really in depth and seem to know your stuff, but that he wanted to suggest you take more care with your posts because your points were being lost amidst bad grammar and poor spelling.

Now understand this - bad grammar and poor spelling are hardly illegal here. If it was, we'd have like 200 members instead of several thousand. But all D-Man tried to do with his PM to you was to give you some advice. Most people would red rep you, which has clearly happened since you have a red bar.

As I understand it, you came back at him pretty harshly via PM. Burning a bridge with a staff member isn't a great course of action. If you don't want to take his advice, that's cool, but know how to go about it.

As for your flaming infraction, calling another member a "douchebag" in the title of your post and then calling him a "******" isn't necessary. What were you trying to prove there?

If you feel someone attacked / provoked you first, use the "report" button on each post and let the moderators know. We can review it from there.

I hope this helps. We don't want to lose someone who clearly WANTS to be here, but you need to put an effort / maturity in, and we'll more than meet you half-way.

If you require any further clarification on this, please PM me.

IC25
Forum Administrator

I have a question about a post I made in the sports section:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=100765

In the OP the poster said:
The combine starts this week so I figured this would be a good time to make a thread dedicated to this years NFL Draft. There's a lot of talk about who the Rams will take at number one or if they'll trade down. Also a lot of people arguing over who the top QB's are in the draft.

So basically come in here and talk about what prospects you like, who you want your team to take, some sleeper picks for the later rounds, and anything else draft related.

So I then decided to list my projected draft and got an infraction for spam. Just wondering if I get a little more info on why is reported as spam? Thank you for your time.

I have a question about a post I made in the sports section:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=100765

In the OP the poster said:

So I then decided to list my projected draft and got an infraction for spam. Just wondering if I get a little more info on why is reported as spam? Thank you for your time.
your post said:
Here is my projected first round:
Rams- Jimmy Clausen
Lions- Ndamukong Suh
Buccaneers- Gerald McCoy
Redskins- Sam Bradford
Chiefs- Russel Okung
Seahawks- Eric Berry
Browns- Rolando McClain
Raiders- Bruce Campbell
Bills- Anthony Davis
Jaguars- Jason Pierre-Paul
Broncos- Dez Bryant
Dolphins- Dan Williams
49ers- Joe Haden
Seahawks- C.J. Spiller
Giants- Brian Price
Titans- Derrick Morgan
49ers- Bryan Bulaga
Steelers- Kyle Wilson
Falcons- Sean Weatherspoon
Texans- Earl Thomas
Bengals- Golden Tate (This Changes if the Bengals get T.O.)
Patriots- Jared Odrick
Packers- Charles Brown
Eagles- Everson Griffen
Ravens- Arrelious Benn
Cardinals- Trent Williams
Cowboys- Brandon Spikes
Chargers- Mike Iupati
Jets- Sergio Kindle
Vikings- Patrick Robinson
Colts- Taylor Mays
Saints- Navorro Bowman

The reason you got warning for spamming is because you didnt give reasons why you think they would get drafted to those teams

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back