Speculation Regarding the Death of Chris Benoit

Mexican Geek

It's good to be back!
***first, this thread is not intended for flaming another user opinion, and especially, is NOT for trowing garbage to Benoit. I would like to keep it as a NEWS thread and commentary of the same. Please be respectful, because we are not sure of the results of the Police investigations, so, like many others here, I wish this is only speculation about who's responsible.
Any other thought concerning Benoit wrestling career and memorial, please, here is the right thread to do it:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=12140
Remember, until we have an official statement from the AUTHORITIES handling the case, nobody's guilty.***
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is from WWE.com
According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.
The rest of the note here

I only hope they passed away real quick,and without pain; and if this is true, I don't know what's next in WWE, i mean, Benoit's legacy is one of the greatest in Wrestling history, but this being a family-oriented product, i have no idea what would be the next step.

If You want to Speculate about Beniot committing Murder, do so in here

NO SPAMMING!!!

Give reasons behind your posts

ill repost what I said on the memorial thread.

Being a clinical psychology student, I unfortunately have learned that people can do anything when pushed to the edge.The realm of psychopathology is very broad and can be applied even to every day, normal behavior. We have to remember that the wrestling business is very strenuous, physically and mentally. A lot of people go through life in mental secrecy. We mimic what we see as normal behavior as a tool to our survival. Sometimes the stress is just unbearable that the true self takes over and this kind of tragedy occurs. Chris Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, right up there with Bret Hart. Do I believe its possible that Chris Benoit Murdered his family? Yes, I do. Do I believe that Chris Benoit in fact Murdered his family? I really don't know. Only time will tell.

I'm sorry for going over your head echelon, but this isn't a criminology forum, this doesn't belong here. We could do all of this in the same thread.

**Edit by Downward Spiral***

Do not read this if you do not want to hear details on the deaths of Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit. Also, this is not confimed as being truthful, so do not take it in that way.

Saw this on another forum

My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He the fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

rumour mongering, but eh, if you were intrested

this is i real fucked up situation.. he seemed such a genuine and kind person.. it makes u think what really goes on behind closed doors.. R.I.P Chris + family x

That is an interesting theory except for the fact his wife was found in the living room not the bedroom (where there's unlikell to be an alarm clock) and Benoit was found in his weights room not the foyer. Some of those details might be correct but the locations are definately wrong according to the official sources.

"Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, according to an unnamed source in the department. "

Hopefully more details will come out shortly...

I'm not going to comment much until it's clear what really happened. But if Benoit did in fact kill him wife and child then fuck him. I couldn't give a shit and WWE.com should remove all traces of him from there site. He may have been a great wrestler but there's no excuse for killing a child.

Guys, the spamming rules may have been laxed, but use some common sense and actually post something relevant in these threads.

As far as what actually happened, from my perspective, and very unfortunately, it looks as though Benoit actually...did it. We will probably never know exactly why, but I'm sure we'll find out how, which is not a good thing and I hope the WWE have enough respect not to let that out. This is a delicate topic, and I hope no one is hanging out to hear how, when and where the deaths happened, because that is just sick. We should be focusing on the wrestler, Chris Benoit, and giving him the honour, reverence and respect that he earned by putting his life into the wrestling business, but I understand that this death is going to make people want to talk, and all I can say is that this is a very sad situation, and one I don't really want to comment much on. I know it looks bad now, but we are forgetting the Benoit we knew before today.

The whole situation just seems very odd. Something was definitely up when Benoit left for a 'family emergency' and the reports of those text messages only makes the story seem a lot more wierder. But again, it is hard enough to comment on what might have happened, and I've posted all that I can about it.

There are so many different rumors and variations that have hit the net. I'm not one to want to know every detail, but if Benoit did do this, why?

I'm just so damn shocked to wake up and read this this morning. It's fucking insane. I really don't know what else to say after reading that.

Well before I get to my post I'd just like to say that I have returned to wrestlezone :)

But now onto the serious matter, I was just lying in bed watching T.V. when a news report came on ... "Earlier today the bodies of professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his 7-year old son and his wife were found in there Mid-Atlantic home" and I couldn't belive it, I immediatly went to wwe.com and read the story there "It is belived that Benoit killed his son on Saturday, his wife on Sunday and then commited suciced early Monday mourning" ... Now I don't know IF he did it, but I belive that it is a possiblity, everyone has there limits, and maybe with recent events in his life he was pushed WAY TO FAR past them, I'm not saying that he did it, Chris was a great man (I have met him in person and it was one of the greatest experiances of my life) and I don't think that he did it. Triple Murder is still a possiblity. I wanted to come back these forums, but never like this. WWE has gotten really fucked up right now with the murder of McMahon and now this =(.

Weither he did it or not, Benoit desirves respect for putting his heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into the wrestling business. RIP Chris you will be missed.

I hope he didnt do it, but I dont hold out much hope, I'm afraid.
I don't know what else to say.

I really don't care if this is considered spamming or not, but I really want to get this off my chest,

I tried calling my freind who I watched raw with tonight and who kept claiming that it was kevin sullivan who killed Benoit and his family (you wrestling marks would know why). but he was sleeping. this whole murder/suicide thing blows my mind. as a benoit fan, I will go on recored as saying there has got to be more to this story. there just has to be! I am going to watch Hard Knocks: the Chris Benoit Story now I will be back 2morrow to see what everyone else thinks or to see if there are any updates on this whole f'd up situation. please people give benoit the benifit of the doubt for now.

I hope he didnt do it, but I dont hold out much hope, I'm afraid.
I don't know what else to say.

There it is right there, that pretty much sums this whole thing up

If it does in fact turn out to be true that his wife killed her own son. Then that actually DOES make alot of sense and that would explain why he rushed home in the first place. When confronted with the reality of his son being murdered. Then YEAH, I could see Benoit strangling his wife then taking his own life. That makes more sense!

I guess we will know soon enough.

Forgot to add I'm giving Benoit the benefit of the doubt.

My speculation is that she informed him she was leaving him and he flew off the handle.

At this point nobody knows. Anything is possible. What a fuckin shame all these years watching Benoit. Can't believe this how it all ends.

So many things could have pushed Benoit over the edge if he did indeed do it. I mean he could have found out his wife was cheating on him, or that she was leaving him and taking the kid. I mean no one knows. Hell, for all we know Benoit and Nancy could have been involved in some very shady illegal activity and that could have caught up with them. I mean a trained killer can make something appear to be an accident/suicide. Chances our we will never know the whole story but the most important thing is we seperate Benoit the real life person from Benoit the wrestler, because after all we are here to talk about and remember Benoit as the wrestler and not Benoit the person

Can somebody please give me some evidence for benoit killing his family over a three day period? as far as I can tell it is being reported that he did so but i cannot see any evidence.

Just the FACT that WWE.COM posted that comment about BENOIT suspected of killing child and wife. Then a few min later WWE.COM deleted and killed the Wrestler testimonial videos speaks VOLUMES!

Right now things are not looking good. I will however stand my ground. I am NOT GOD I will NOT Judge Benoit. The truth will be forth coming soon. In this day and age everybody thinks they are GOD and judge like mofos. Give Benoit the benefit of the doubt don't jump the gun.

Alot of people on here don't realize it IS possible to FAKE a murder suicide. Theres always a chance Benoit and his family might have been set up. Only time will tell what the truth is.

I like so many other wrestling fans was shocked and stunned last night when i heard the news im still shocked i have always said belt or no belt benoit was and is one of the best wrestlers on the planet whatever might of happend we fans should remeber benoit for the great star he was i send my condolence....:wwf:

Due to the fact that regardless of this situation he is one of the greatest of all, I will wait until the truth is official before passing judgement on him. At least give the man that.
Everyone keeps asking about how he could kill his son as if to say that killing his wife isn't as bad (that's off course if he did kill them).
I pray that it isn't true. Never have I ever wanted a rumour to be false more than I want this rumour to be. Some characters with inner demons are associated with tragedy whilst some are so genuinely nice that you'd just expect them to live forever (Benoit).
Please tell me that there is another explanation for this tragic situation.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back