[Official] Chris Benoit Memorial Thread

Some people have been so quick to judge. Thinking benoit killed both his wife and child. Who`s to say it wasnt his wife who killed the son at least. Maybe Women got really mad at Daniel and Killed him. She did call Benoit while he was still on the road saying there was an emergency and he needed to come home. Then maybe Daniel was dead when he got home then he went crazy and killed Women [Which even any sane person would do. If someone hurts your child, You have ever right to go pysco on the person pretty much]. But anyways after killing Women maybe he realized he went over the edge and killed himself because he was so full of pain. I don`t think Chris is a murderer. But if it did happen I believe my story more than the police. Chris would NEVER hurt his child. Women on the other hand probably would.

For me Benoit will always be my number 1, for me inside the ring is one of the best in the history, a great person and he deserves more than that. I'll respect him as a wrestler, I'll admire his legend and legacy, KEEP HIS LEGACY ALIVE, don't erase this DVD please Amazon neither his legacy. For my eyes Benoit didn't do what everybody said and I'm not going to see it in other way. Benoit is INNOCENT.

REST IN PEACE my friend Benoit, I'll remember you like a great person and the best wrestler in this era, I'll keep your legacy alive. Good bye.

This is my first post,Cassy8913,it has been said he killed Nancy first then Daniel,Iam sorry I know alot of people dont want to believe what Chris Benoit has done,but he has Iam sorry but he is a murderer,you have to relise this and stop thinking someone else did it and framed him because you all think he wouldnt do such a thing,non of us knew what kind of man he was outside the ring so we cant say he wouldnt kill his wife or son,we dont know what goes on behind close doors,if it was someone else that did it the police would say,they wouldnt say it was him if they didnt have the eivendence,I know its upsetting that your idol and fav wrestler has done this,but he has you have to except it,in my book what he did is disgusting and WWE has done the right thing taking everything down about him,the ppl I feel sorry are both the familys and his other two children,RIP NANCY AND DANIEL

How can you say he is innocent when it has been PROVED by police that he did do it,get your heads out of the sand CHRIS BENOIT IS A MURDERER,and it wont be proved any other way.

It's been sufficiently proven that he was guilty. But as i've said on other forums, the Chris Benoit that committed this tragedy was not the Chris Benoit that we all knew. He's not even the Chris Benoit that his peers knew. Something bad was wrong with Benoit, to go from being the nice, quiet family man to this, it's completely uncharacteristic. RIP Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit.

i was just wondering if this post was a tribute to Benoit, or a post to talk about what he did. He is was i have to say...

I agree with AVS, at first.
Yes he did murder his wife and son. Thats what the law is telling the general public right now. There is no evidence that someone else did it. Chris Benoit killed his son and wife. Its horrible i know, murder always is, but yes, Chris Benoit, who we watched on Raw, Smackdown and ECW did it. However.....

I have not yet read everyones reply on here (there is too many to read) but is anyone talking about Chris Benoit, the wrestler? Isnt the whole reason we are even on this website is becuz we are all WRESTLING FANS!?! We are on this site becuz we enjoyed Chris Benoit, the wrestler, performing. What happens in the wrestlers personal lives really should not affect us. We've all heard stories about wrestlers getting into altercations with loved ones and having battles with alcohol and drugs (Austin, Guerrero, Pillman, Rude, Bulldog, Perfect, Elizabeth). But all that doesnt matter. Cuz they arent doing it in the ring at house shows or televised events.....

I never once saw Chris Benoit hurt his wife in the wrestling ring. I never once saw Chris Benoit hurt his son in the wrestling ring. All i saw where great, OUTSTANDING wrestling matches against the likes of Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, The Great Sasuke, Bret Hart, William Regal, Dean Malenko and countless others. So instead of constantly arguing over whether or not Benoit is a monster, lets celebrate his in ring accomplishments and his ability to entertain. As a wrestler.

Thanks to Benoit i got to see great matches such as TLC 3, Benoit vs Angle at Judgement Day 01, Benoit vs Jericho at Royal Rumble 01, Benoit vs HHH, Iron man on Raw, Elimination Chamber 3, WCW's Best of Seven against Booker T, and Benoit vs Regal at the Brian Pillman Memorial Show.

So yeah, Benoit did something unthinkable. Something that no one thought he was capable of doing. However, everytime he wrestled, he did something that everyone KNEW he was capable of doing. And that was entertaining, all wrestling fans

I don't think everyone at RAW knew what happened. There may have been some ideas, but the police don't tell one person what happened and no one else. Besides theres not much the WWE can do about this, it's a PR nightmare, and there is no way to spin it. McMahon apologized for the tribute, and they are moving on which is all they can do. For now it doesn't matter what kind of wrestler he was, his legacy ends in this horrific event, and that will be what everyone remembers him for.

Souldaddy: Yes, in this case, what a performer--as you said, a talented one who thrilled and entertained us for many years--did outside the ring DOES MATTER. Not all wrestling fans--and I'm sure, not all who've replied here--are adults. It's not okay to hold up a person as a someone worthy of admiration and respect for what they did in one facet of his or her life when other actions are so heinous.

Cassy and others: it's time to find another wrestling performer worthy of the esteem you once gave to Christ Benoit. Otherwise, younger people with whom you interact are going to get the wrong idea about who is and isn't an appropriate role model.

I have little respect for Debra only now that she's certain she no longer wants to be associated with WWE and the tragedy that's unfolding related to one of its performers coming out with calls for change and honesty about what happened in her life, but I have even less respect for her ex-husband who, from all the information we have available to us, abused substances and his spouse. I won't talk with my students about how "cool" Stone Cold is following his infrequent appearances.

Teacher and once a great fan of Benoit,

Golbez57

All I can say is the pressure he was under anyone could have done the same thing. Chris was a great wrestler and I will always remember the 4 Horsemen days, those where his greatest times. Even over the entire WOrld Championg thing!

The man and the wrestler go hand in hand, it was the same guy. I couldn't care less what he accomplished in the ring because there are more important things than a faultless flying headbutt, like your loved ones lives. Benoit doesn't deserve shit after he coldly murdered two people who loved and trusted him. It's sickening that anyone would suggest otherwise. I've totally lost any respect I had for Benoit, as a wrestler, a man or anything else. His legacy means nothing now.

What really sucks in all of this is that Benoit will never be properly aknowledged as the legend he his. I feel terrible for everyone. His family, friends, fans, and co workers. None of them could of seen this coming. He was turly one of the greatest in the ring and for that i will miss him dearly. I am not here to place blame on anyone. As a person who is facinated by the human mind and some of the things it is able to do, this is just another example of how it can break. I will cherish the memories that i have of Benoit and his amazing in ring skill. His stuff from japan is some of the best wrestling i have ever seen.

May the peace that escaped you here find you wherever you are.

Man I'm really fucking disgusted right now! I sat there all night monday and watched that god damn tribute to Benoit remembering all the great matches he was in and thinking what a huge loss WWE had and I even got a little choked up when people like CM Punk, Edge, Malenko, Stonecold and others cried in rememberance for Benoit as a family man and an upstanding guy only to find out hours later that he viciously murdered his wife and his child who suffered from a horrible sickness!

I just refused to believe it at first but how can I now? How can any of us deny the facts placed in front of us? Sure no one knows why he did it but Benoit himself. And how sad was it that Vince McMahon would have to go on tv and fucking apologize for a tribute to a deceased member and close friend to everyone in the company?! It is sickening.

I wish I could sit here and say "Yeah sure he killed his family but hey remember when he won that triple threat match at WM20?! THAT WAS AWESOME!" Sadly like someone said before he will only be remembered for killing his family nothing more and nothing less.

Benoit was quite simply the greatest and most talented wrestler on that roster hands down but what does it matter now? I was sorely miss him even if he did what he did but as far as his career I doubt he'll make the hall of fame and deservingly not but no one can question what he did for the business.

Now we have Debra running around trying to get publicity out of this saying Austin beat her and all that shit and she warned us all FUCK YOU! Way to cash in on a tragedy you god damned leech. I guess Debra finally found her way back in the spotlight. Who the hell cares if Austin did steroids?!

I like many of you wanted to immediately say Benoit would do that and I said it but man was I wrong...it will be a long time before I watch a Benoit match

for what he did he well probly never be inducted into the Hall of Fame and thats terrible because he deserved it so much.
R.I.P benoit

Chris Beniot the Wrestler Was always very entertaining. Great Matches with whom ever he faced in the ring a true testimate of training in the Dungeon, now we lost another great entertainer and families have lost loved ones not only Beniots Family but Nancy's Family My condolances to each family on thier loss. the Westling World has lost a great performer.

Chris Son

this from westlezone
Report: Benoit's Son Had Fragile X Syndrome
06/26/2007 by Ryan Clark

Canadian female Pam Winthrope told News 1130 in Canada that Chris Benoit's son had a genetic condition called (Fragile X syndrome. )

According to WebMD, "Fragile X Syndrome is a defect of the X chromosome which causes mild mental ******ation. The disorder occurs more frequently and severely among males than females. This condition is the leading known familial cause of mental ******ation in the United States. Language delays, behavioral problems, autism or autistic-like behavior (including poor eye contact and hand-flapping), enlarged external genitalia (macroorchidism), large or prominent ears, hyperactivity, delayed motor development and/or poor sensory skills are among the wide range of symptoms associated with this disorder."

Winthrope, whose son also suffers from the condition, told the Canadian news outlet that her husband reached out to Benoit five years ago in an attempt to increase awareness about Fragile X.

She told News 1130, "We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in BC and in Canada, we only have a couple of them. My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes and then he said he didn't want to be a public face for Fragile X, he just wanted to keep it really, really quiet."

Winthrope noted that the lack of support for those affected by the disorder can tear families apart. Nonetheless, "she couldn't believe the news that Benoit had taken his life along with his wife and 7-year-old son," wrote News 1130.

This may explain why Daniel was taking growth hormone injections. It also may shed light onto why Chris didn't want someone else raising his son and made the fateful decision to kill him. As irrational and twisted as it may sound, he may have felt he was saving his son from the double-blow of losing his parents through a murder-suicide and being subject to being raised by people who didn't understand or care for his condition.

is for the record

Last night, covering the Benoit tragedy, CNN had none other than Brian Christopher VIA satelite. I noticed it by flipping through the channels and only caught the last minute. Did anyone see the interview? What was said?I really couldn't imagine any relevant insight he would have into this horrible situation.

Yeah, i used to respect him, go as far to clap when he came to the ring, he was that good of a wrestler, he seemed a nice man, but what would tip a man over the edge to kill his wife, leave her there for a day then kill his son in his sleep, in his Fucking sleep, he thought he was safe in his bed, people think they are most safe there, but he then waited about a day to kill himself, what happened in the house to cause him to kill Nancy, we'll never know! Its just sur-real last Tuesday he defeated Burke and had the ECW title in his grasp, he seemed so happy then, well he did to me, so what happened between Wednesday and Friday to cause this, its just sickening the way he ended the people he cared for lives, its awful, i don't think i can EVER watch a Benoit match again, even seeing his face on wwe.com makes my stomach churn.
R.I.P Nancy and Daniel! You did not deserve this.

Last night, covering the Benoit tragedy, CNN had none other than Brian Christopher VIA satelite. I noticed it by flipping through the channels and only caught the last minute. Did anyone see the interview? What was said?I really couldn't imagine any relevant insight he would have into this horrible situation.

Christopher didn't have much to say. The only real point he made was that there is a lot more steriod testing now. No, he didn't have any relevant insight. Christopher didn't come across as a real bright guy in the interview; I think CNN could have found someone better. The interview didn't last long; pretty much pointless.

I always like the Chris Benoit wrestler but the Chris Benoit man makes me sick and I just can't believe an human can do things like that. Chis Benoit as lost all my respect and I don't even know why I'm taking time to writes things about this sick maniac

R.I.P. Daniel and Nancy Benoit

fortunately i am able to seperate Chris Benoit the wrestler from Chris Benoit the Murderer i do not know his state of mind or what drove him to committ such a vile act only him and his maker do!

But i still am a fan of his wrestling and always will- i know some cant seperate the two but i can

something serious must have made him snap that it took him 40 years to reach this crazy demise

and i really feel for nancy and daniels family and his remaining family

Benoit Will Be Remembered For The Great Wrestling Matches He Provided For So Many Wrestling Fans Out There He Was Such A Brilliant Performer.
I Will Always Remember Him As The Great Wrestler That He Was .
Also Id Like To Say That People Dont Know Wot Goes On Behind Close Doors Anything Could Av Happend That Day To Cause This To Happen.
Id Like To Catch The Tribute For Chris From Raw But I Missed The Live Programme On Monday, Does Any1 Know If It Will Still Be Replayed On Thursday Night Here In The UK?

*R.I.P Chris, Nancy & Daniel*

i think WWE pulled back all the Benoit memorial videos,as well as the monday RAW episode from their international partners...
so no, unless you catch it on Utube or any other service, that was the Last you heard from Benoit on WWE tv.
A great legacy crumbled by a moment of madness....Truly, what a shame...

you know.. there are tons of people bashing Chris right now, and everybody has the right to their opinion, but I honestly don't believe that the Chris Benoit who murdered his wife and child is the same man who put his heart and soul into the business he loved.. Chris was without a doubt the nicest, most polite wrestler i've ever had the chance to meet, and I find it VERY hard to believe he is the same man would committed these acts. Instead of calling him a coward and saying he should rot in hell, why don't we be practical and question what happened to him over the past weekend. I really dont think it had anything to do with marriage troubles or any kind of argument because normally you may say things you regret.. but thats about as far as that normally goes. Im wondering if theres anything he was taking other than steroids that may have completely changed him, his mind, or his thought process. The reason I say this is because I don't believe that 5 years ago or even 1 year ago Chris Benoit would have ever even thought about doing anything like this, in fact if a different wrestler had done this, im sure Chris would have been disgusted by it.. I can't fully believe that Chris came home that weekend the same as he would any other weekend and randomly kill his wife and kid... I mean its not logical, and to sit around in a house with the the bodies of the 2 people closest to him?? makes no sense...

I believe somehting happened to him that weekend, which is why I would never tell him to rot in hell, and I would never tarnish his memory with this. Bottom line is this is un-characteristic and makes no sense.. Chris was the nicest, most caring, hard working person for 40 years, then one weekend something happens to him and he snaps.. and now everybody is telling him to rot in hell.. I find it shameful. I hope whatever the after-life is.. Chris gets back to his normal self, the caring, generous, loving person everybody in the wwe lockerroom and all his friends knew him as.. and I hope the whole family can meet up again in peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back