[Official] Chris Benoit Memorial Thread

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
This is the new official thread for Chris Benoit. This is the thread where you can post your thoughts on Benoit and just remember how great Benoit was as a professional wrestler.

But do keep in mind this thread is not for convicting Benoit of guilt or innocencebut to remember the wrestler that was Chris Benoit. Also please give reason(s) about what you posting as that is considered Spam. Anyone in Failure of this will result in a infraction which can lead to a possible banning.

He was a great guy, he made wrestling worth watching and I can't think of a bad match that he had.
It just won't be the same without him.
RIP Benoit.

I think lost in the shuffle in all this, and even on Raw is the fact that his wife and son are also lost in this tragedy. My heart is with all of them and all of the family involved.

Hopefully we'll know more soon.

Mods- Thank you for fixing this whole thing... it means alot to alot of us I think. As far as Benoit goes. No matter what happens he will always be my hero, I've looked up to him since I started watching WWE and admired him after I saw his DVD. He climbed to the top of the WWE, and now he's gone, but we need to carry on. We are all saddened from what has happened, but like several of the superstars said on RAW we should celebrate Benoit's life.

I don't know Benoit the man.

I can only say what I've seen from his performances over the last several years on television as a wrestler.

Benoit has been in my top list for years and his matches are all over my all time favorite moments.

This situation isn't going to make me dislike the wrestler anymore or avoid watching or reflecting on his matches but rather make me realize even more the difference between a character and an actual person.

I'll always appreciate what he did for the business, the astonishment he brought to me personally in his matches.

I'll keep him and his wife and son in my heart. I hope all the best for his ex and her two children who've lost a son and brother.

Even if he did it, The respect and sadness I feel for him isn't going away. Years of admiration can't be stripped from one's mind, even from an event as tragic as this.

R.I.P. Benoit

I loved chris the first time I saw him in the ECW. And followed him from WCW to WWE. Always put on a great show, and will be sorely missed. I must say though....

I do not believe its a double suicide homicide. Granted I havn't felt this way about a celebrity dying since kurt cobain, it just makes no god damn sense!!! he was about to be made ECW champion!!! yeah, its the C league right now, and I stopped watching it after 5 weeks, but this would have given me hope and turned it on. He had a great career, and obviously the WWE still thought high enough of him. He was 40. Hell, i'm sure he could have retired and lived happy.

Theres more here. There has to be.

if it was a double murder homicide, I still feel for him. I don't know what was wrong in his head, but help had to be there. Look at Dean melinko tonight, look at edge, HHH, so many others. He had people that loved him. Theres no way he did it

The WWE put on a 100% classy tribute for him tongight. Chris we'll miss you

May the benoits rest in peace.

I remember when Edge won the World Heavyweight Title, we were all talking about who we would like to see Edge feud with. Alot of people said Chris Benoit. I for one, knew that feud would have been amazing. Luckily, like Edge said tonight, he had the opportunity to wrestle Benoit before he moved to ECW. Personally, I was disappointed when was moved to ECW. He was far more talented than that and would have to go in my top 5 list of all time greatest wrestlers.

I'm sick to my stomach today,I had a shit day at work and then come home to see this.

I watched RAW and if anything can be said is despite whatever bullshit clouds this case the WWE put on a CLASS A tribute for the wrestler Chris Benoit if not remembering the man behind the wrestler.

I just hope whatever comes out of this case doesn't come back to bite the WWE if they're infact honoring the guilty...but for the sake of the boards and my own sanity I don't want to go there and I pray to god that it doesn't.

All I can say about Chris Benoit is... he gave me back the love of Wrestling and that is the biggest compliment I can pay the guy.

No matter how the deaths of Chris Benoit and his family occured, I will always respect Chris Benoit for his wrestling and his performances that he gave us during his wrestling tenure. Who could forget WM20 when he finally won the World Heavyweight Championship against HHH and HBK. Chris was one of my favorite wrestlers. I just want to say Thank You Chris

Benoit to me was the first real wrestler....not a cartoon like on WWE or not a guy in robes (no offense to them). Benoit was the first guy, then Malenko, that I looked at and said...wow that guy is for real.

I don't think the tribute can bite the WWE. All they knew at the time was that one of their best wrestlers had tragically died, and nothing else. I agree that it was well done and in good taste.

Though we don't know the facts yet and how this situation will affect WWE, I don't think I'm jumping the gun when I say that Chris deserves to be inducted into the WWE hall of fame.

Really, speculating does us no good. We know nothing but what the conflicting news sources. Though it looks about 80-90 that he is responsible, there is no reason to continually beat it into the ground.

I dont understand why everyone wants to speculate, does no one have a heart? Honestly im over in australia so its only 2:30pm here and i read the news this morning (its tuesday here) and i still havent stopped crying or feeling absolutely shit. RIP Benoit + Family.

Being a clinical psychology student, I unfortunately have learned that people can do anything when pushed to the edge.The realm of psychopathology is very broad and can be applied even to every day, normal behavior. We have to remember that the wrestling business is very strenuous, physically and mentally. A lot of people go through life in mental secrecy. We mimic what we see as normal behavior as a tool to our survival. Sometimes the stress is just unbearable that the true self takes over and this kind of tragedy occurs. Chris Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, right up there with Bret Hart. Do I believe its possible that Chris Benoit Murdered his family? Yes, I do. Do I believe that Chris Benoit in fact Murdered his family? I really don't know. Only time will tell.

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house

so guess he did do it.......this changes my entire outlook on chris benoit as a performer and as a man...

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Please dont let this be true, goodness

I thought we were done discussing the reasons, andthe news in here... Why can't this just be a thread for people to pay their respects...

I dont understand why everyone wants to speculate, does no one have a heart? Honestly im over in australia so its only 2:30pm here and i read the news this morning (its tuesday here) and i still havent stopped crying or feeling absolutely shit. RIP Benoit + Family.

i dont see why questioning is illegal if anyone feels it conflicts with their sympathies. sympathy is deep for a period of time until it becomes superficial and people have to start thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back