[Official] Chris Benoit Memorial Thread

I'll remember all the great matches he was in and that he was the closest thing to a dynomite kid wrestler we will have in this generation.

What he did was awful, but that was benoit the person, not benoit the entertainer.

Besides it is very bad luck to speak ill of the dead, remember that!

Also in reference to hi in ring perfomances. It is ok to go on enjoying them. If Al Pacino Killed a man would it make the godfather any less great?

you know.. there are tons of people bashing Chris right now, and everybody has the right to their opinion, but I honestly don't believe that the Chris Benoit who murdered his wife and child is the same man who put his heart and soul into the business he loved.. Chris was without a doubt the nicest, most polite wrestler i've ever had the chance to meet, and I find it VERY hard to believe he is the same man would committed these acts. Instead of calling him a coward and saying he should rot in hell, why don't we be practical and question what happened to him over the past weekend. I really dont think it had anything to do with marriage troubles or any kind of argument because normally you may say things you regret.. but thats about as far as that normally goes. Im wondering if theres anything he was taking other than steroids that may have completely changed him, his mind, or his thought process. The reason I say this is because I don't believe that 5 years ago or even 1 year ago Chris Benoit would have ever even thought about doing anything like this, in fact if a different wrestler had done this, im sure Chris would have been disgusted by it.. I can't fully believe that Chris came home that weekend the same as he would any other weekend and randomly kill his wife and kid... I mean its not logical, and to sit around in a house with the the bodies of the 2 people closest to him?? makes no sense...

I believe somehting happened to him that weekend, which is why I would never tell him to rot in hell, and I would never tarnish his memory with this. Bottom line is this is un-characteristic and makes no sense.. Chris was the nicest, most caring, hard working person for 40 years, then one weekend something happens to him and he snaps.. and now everybody is telling him to rot in hell.. I find it shameful. I hope whatever the after-life is.. Chris gets back to his normal self, the caring, generous, loving person everybody in the wwe lockerroom and all his friends knew him as.. and I hope the whole family can meet up again in peace

Yea I agree that people really should not say rot in hell or burn in hell because that is left for God to do, not us. No one would ever think any person or persons could kill their own kid and in another time frame of course the person who not dare even think of doing such an act. But that is why it is called an act of lunacy because one person was not thinking in their rightful state at the moment of the occurrences. I am really torn about the son, he was never given the chance to grow. It was taken from him.

I just want to say that we should remember Benoit and not the monster that killed his wife and son. And if you blame someone let's blame those who would still allow steroids in.

If Benoit was thinking logically would he take his own life, he obviously regretted his own actions which resulted in him taking his own life. Wether you like it or not there were three victims in this tragedy.

This situation has affected me a lot, i have thought about it for days and i have come to terms with it, things like these happen and this time i genuinely think Benoit did it without deliberation or thought something odd must have happened to have caused him to do this.

I've always respected and liked Benoit and i am upset that this has to taint my perception and memorys of him. I just read Booker T's comments on the situation and i completely agree with him.

RIP Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

If this all was done without deliberation or thought the time between the murders would have been a lot less than what it was, as well as the way in which it happened....i mean he bound her feet and hands for god sakes....if he was this "crazed roid rage lunatic" all that wouldnt have happened

There were not 3 victims in this...please dont kid yourself.....its not like Nancy or Daniel Benoit had a choice whether or not they lived through all that.

When's the last time you referred to someone that committed suicide a victim of his own self...oh yeah...thats right....you havent

I just dont get how you people are trying to make it like he did nothing wrong just because you watched him on television and PERCIEVED that he was a good guy that wouldnt do anything like that.

Yet if the same thing had happened to some no-name and you heard it on the 7-o'clock news your reaction would have been what a horrible person and poor excuse for a human being

If it was up to me he wouldnt get a goddamn funeral

All Right, Stop with the Benoit Speculations, this thread is for posters to remember Benoit the Wrestler and Entertainer, not the alleged killer, there is a thread for that, use that thread, not this one. If I see anymore Benoit murder speculations in this thread, Infractions will be handed out.

Not saying that what Benoit did wasn't horrible, because it was, and he deserves all the negativity that gets thrown his way.

But on the other hand, Benoit was an amazing wrestler and entertainer who provided us with years of good memories. He sacrificed his heart and soul for the ring and should be remembered for that, not the way he chose to die. He should be remembered for his wrestling legacy, and not the gruesome fashion in which he died.

So no, this thread will not be closed, and will provide a place for posters to remember Benoit as the person he was and the legacy he left, despite it being tarnished by his acts of evil when he died

If you want to speculate on Benoits death, use the other thread, if your not going to follow the rules, then don't post in this thread because you will receive infractions

Final Warning

Again guys, if you don't like Benoit, its understandable. If you can't separate Benoit the man from Benoit the wrestler, I respect that as well. If you don't like Benoit, then simply stay out of this forum. This forum is for people that are paying tribute to Benoit the Wrestler, not Benoit the Family Man.

Please don't troll, and simply don't post. Let the people that want to pay respects, pay respects, and simply move on.

My favorite Chris Benoit match is the 2 on 1 handicap hardcore weapons match when he defeated Daniel and Woman. Chris got ripped off not getting the win because of the triple countout.

Wow, and now the sounds of the click of the mouse echo through the forum to ban you. That was a very unnecessary post. If you don't want to praise Benoit, then don't. But don't go disrespecting his family as well.

on topic, my favorite match(es) would be the best of 7 bout he had with I believe was Booker T to see who went on to face Bret Hart. It was a while ago, and while I don't really recall the wrestlers 100% I do recall the wrestling, and I was impressed by it.

i cant even begin to believe the story the media and all the investigators are putting out there. from the beginning of the investigation they didn't even think about anybody else doing it. What if someone killed Nacy and Daniel, and then Benoit killed himself. No matter how many facts are out there, i can't begin to even see Chris in that fashion. I will always remember the Crippler by his accomplishments, like defeating Sid for the WCW World Heavyweight Title, and going to WWF and sticking it to WCW. He has had AWSOME matches with Angle, HHH, Austin, Eddie, Jericho and many more. It is so crazy that my favorite wrestler of all time is Owen Hart, hence the realblackhart. After Bret retired, my favorite was Chris Benoit. i will always love Benoit and appreciate what he did for this business and his incredible and unmeasurable passion. His intensity was always written all over his face. It is a shame that the wrestling business as a whole is losing somebody like the Canadian Crippler and Rabid Wolverine Chris Benoit. R.I.P

The real tragedy here in my opinion is that Chris probably wasnt a monster.Anyone who has suffered from,or knows someone who is depressed probably can understand better this tragic situation.This is not the 1st incident of fathers who kill their families without any proir warning signals.I truly believe he never really came to terms with Eddie's death,and that this had been brewing slowly inside him for the last 18months.Yes,it is a tragedy,but Chris will forever be one of the greatest of all time.When there said that Eddie died because of steriod use,I didnt judge his decisions,I just continued to love and admire a man hwp had brought so much joy to my life through wrestling.Ans that's how it is and will forever be with Chris Beniot...

R.I.P Beniot

If though I despise Chris for what he did, I still enjoy what he did inside of the ring. Love him or Hate him, he was one of the best wrestlers to ever lace on a pair of boots. Even though he wasn't a great talker on the mic, he still had a bit of hilarious moments. For example the Wrestlemania 21 Basic Instinct movie spoof. His expression was hilarious. I'm definatley going to miss watching him in the ring.

I just dont understand why wwe just turned their backs on a great wrestler like Chris. If they do stuff like this to a man who gave is all in the ring I would hate to see what they do behind closed door. To me so many red flag should have went up someone could have stop this or tryed to help. Still will always love Chris Benoit. No matter what we will never know wht really happen that weekend.

I dont thinks its fair for WWE and everyone else to delete mentions of Benoit and tributes to him. No1 knows for sure what happened with the whole thing. No one can deny Benoit was a great wrestler, everyone who knew him knew he was a great guy, its not fair to his legacy for everyone to trun their back on him, after all hes done for the business.

I just dont understand why wwe just turned their backs on a great wrestler like Chris. If they do stuff like this to a man who gave is all in the ring I would hate to see what they do behind closed door. To me so many red flag should have went up someone could have stop this or tryed to help. Still will always love Chris Benoit. No matter what we will never know wht really happen that weekend.

Having a murder being associated with you is a negative thing. Dont you know this? WWE are doing the right thing. Why would they have a tribute section too him? Why would they keep his merc on sale? It doesn't make sence. This isn't Eddie Gurerrero dying of a heart attack. If Benoit had just comitted suicide and not killed his family then a tribute show would be a great thing. But instead he murdered two people. One of which was a 7 year old child.

Certain people can forgive people for murdering an adult. I know there was times when I felt like killing my ex wife. And to a degree you can eventually forgive them. But killing a child put's you in a whole other category. It put's you with child abusers, murderers & paedophiles.

I'm not saying that Benoit was some sort of sexual pervert. But there are people who are into sexual stangualtion and suffocation. We'll never know.

Tributes to him are just innapropriate.

Having a murder being associated with you is a negative thing. Dont you know this? WWE are doing the right thing. Why would they have a tribute section too him? Why would they keep his merc on sale? It doesn't make sence. This isn't Eddie Gurerrero dying of a heart attack. If Benoit had just comitted suicide and not killed his family then a tribute show would be a great thing. But instead he murdered two people. One of which was a 7 year old child.

Certain people can forgive people for murdering an adult. I know there was times when I felt like killing my ex wife. And to a degree you can eventually forgive them. But killing a child put's you in a whole other category. It put's you with child abusers, murderers & paedophiles.

I'm not saying that Benoit was some sort of sexual pervert. But there are people who are into sexual stangualtion and suffocation. We'll never know.

Tributes to him are just innapropriate.

Agreed. As good an athlete as Benoit was, there are things in life that are much more important than professional wrestling and entertainment as a whole, such as life itself. Benoit took two people's lives before it was their time. To make it worse, they both loved and trusted him but were defenseless against him. For that, I think that tributes should be pusponed, if not cancelled altogether. You won't be seeing from me paying tribute to him ever. Sorry, but that's how strongly I feel about this.

Well the inevitable has happened, WWE is pulling any mention of Chris Benoit from youtube. Most Chris Benoit videos have been pulled do to "Copyright Infringement by the WWE".

Honestly, what a bunch of fucking horseshit. It is one thing to blacklist him and not mention him ever again, but for them to go back and essentially try to re-write history and pretend he didn't exist is fucking disgusting. This is Stalinist bullshit, and the WWE should honestly be ashamed of itself. What's next, recall every DVD that had a Benoit match on it, so they can Edit him out.

It's a fucking shame that the WWE is essentially trying to put its head in its own ass. Instead of addressing the problem, they try to bury it and pretend it never happened. Fucking garbage, I really hate those assholes in Titan towers right now.

Exactly my sentiments Shock, you can imagine how fucking pissed us WWE 24/7 subscribers are, while it hasn't actually been confirmed yet or anything, we'll find out this Wednesday when we get an update(every Weds. WWE 24/7 updates with new shows). This week is supposed to feature ECW Hardcore TV from November of 1995 which features a ton of Nancy as the Sandman's valet, also this week is a new episode of WCW Nitro from February 1997 when Benoit was just rising up in the Horsemen, so we'll have to wait and see if they either A: Don't show those or B: Edit out Benoit. If they do, I will flip the fuck out. Whats even worse is now I can't find my copy of Superbrawl III that I taped off 24/7 like a week ago with an amazing match between Benoit & 2 Cold Scorpio, and the odds of that airing again are almost zero. We'll just have to wait and see, Backlash 2007 is going to start in two weeks time as well. Honestly, it makes zero sense to me. Why the hell are you going to cut your wrestling library literally by about 75% because Benoit is featured? The subscribers are almost always going to be smarks (who else would shell out money each month for old episodes of Tuesday Night Titans? Only smarks indeed :D) who know the difference between Benoit the man and the wrestler. WWE needs to stop acting like it's audience is a bunch of ******ed 10 year olds who don't know what kayfabe is. We're not morons WWE, and we know when you're screwing us, and if you're going to pretend Benoit doesn't exist and never let any of his matches see the light of day again, you are treating us like morons. This is indeed Stalinist tactics, rewriting history, just like to a lesser degree on the Monday Night Wars DVD where they act like WCW was never even a threat to them and where Vince says he would "never do such deplorable things to gain ratings like Bischoff did"...you mean like make fun of your most respected commentator's cancer? Or have a necrophilia storyline? Sure Vince, you'd never do something like that just for ratings.

Just needed to vent. It's just ridiculious. Oh, and here for some reason is a recently released picture of Benoit with his son from WrestleZone...I never noticed before but you can definately tell his son had some sort of growth problem just by looking at him..

5xi20bo.jpg

Benoit was a good wrestler but he's a double murderer that killed his own wife and son. Personally I don't care if I ever see one of his matches again. The only ones that should benefit from the rights of his merchandise or film are his surviving kids and the WWE should turn over the right to them to do with what they want.

Benoit was a good wrestler but he's a double murderer that killed his own wife and son. Personally I don't care if I ever see one of his matches again. The only ones that should benefit from the rights of his merchandise or film are his surviving kids and the WWE should turn over the right to them to do with what they want.

Why? The matches don't belong to his kids, they belong to the WWE. Maybe you don't care about ever seeing Benoit wrestle again, but millions of others like myself very much do care, because Benoit was one of if not the greatest wrestler of all time. Mike Awesome hung himself, should WWE not show any of his matches? It's ridiculious, okay, we all know he's a murderer, but does not showing his matches change that in any way? No, it doesn't, it only pisses people off. This is straight-up Stalinist rewriting of history. Imagine if you will if tomorrow it turned out that Stone Cold, the Rock, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and the Undertaker were all murderers and WWE decided to pretend they too never existed...you'd still be fine with that? Imagine if it turns out Babe Ruth killed his wife, and the MLB pretended he never existed...it's fuckin insanity is all it is, and its the sort of thing I'd expect from a fascist state, not an American wrestling promotion.

I'm sure I'm going to anger a lot of people and I hope what I say doesn't offend anyone, but I was in mexico for a week and just today found out what had happened. I saw Chris Benoit wrestle just two weeks ago, so to find this stuff out shocked me and saddened me more than anyone else who's died while being involved with professional wrestling, owen, curt, Mike, eddy, and all of the others were very sad, but what Chris Benoit did to his family and himself makes me sick to my stomach. I loved Chris. I thought he was an amazing wrestler. Just a few weeks ago I watched wrestlemanie 20 and got tears in my eyes as he won the title. But the fact of the matter is, According to whats being reported, is that Chris Benoit is a murderer. I dont think people fully understand that. He killed his wife. The love of his life. He killed his child. MURDERED THEM. The greatest accomplishments in the world cannot compete with that fact, as much as we want them to. Chris was a disturbed person with many things going on in his life that nobody really saw, but that is no excuse. We cannot blame the wwe, Vince, or anyone else for what happened with Chris. Chris Benoit is an adult. He made the decision to take two lives followed by his own. Mcmahon didnt make that decision. Steroids didnt make the decision. I pray with my whole heart that God has mercy for Chris Benoit, because sometimes Satan makes people do unimaginable things, but we cannot excuse what Benoit did to the two people who trusted him most, just because he was a good wrestler.

further invesigation might show that there might have been someone else involved in the Benoit case and that there is a possibility that the murderer might have made it look like a double murder suicide; toxicology reports will negate or prove that. Neither side has been 100% confirmed. In Benoit's memory WWE, NWA, and, TNA have removed their tributes to Benoit and mentions of him, but the AWA has not. AWA continues o tribute Chris. What happens if further updates prove that this isn't a double murder sewerside, what if they find different DNA at the home, is the WWE going to put Benoit back on their page, and WWE 24/7. This is all being done wrong by the WWE. Vince isn't avoiding scrutiny by removing his name, he's getting creamed by the media anyway. Heck if Samoa Joe died from overdose (hypathetically speaking) they would still blame Mcmahon. i respectfully disagree with Jake, untill all the facts are out a tribute is not inappropriate.

Dude...the AWA? I'm assuming you must be talking about some new organization, because the AWA closed down more then a decade ago.

Further investigation hasn't revealed anything about the possibility of another suspect, so I have no idea where you pulled that from.

Also, what the hell is a sewerside?

The AWA has been reopened and their Heavyweight Champion is Takao Omori who won the title March 31, 2007 from steve Corino, look at their awastars website. Fox and CNN have both thrown these ideas about other possibilities out there, like i said nothing confirmed, but it is being thought of. Investigators have said they don't believe this to be true but can't rule it out completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back