Round 1, Day 2, Toronto, CA

Edge vs. Willliams

• #4 Edge

• #61 Steve Williams

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think both are great. But I also think that Jarrett is a mid card wrestler. He's never worked as a top heel for me. I agree with Austin when he said he wasn't main event material. But I do think it's only a matter of time before WWE hire Albright again. And this time he'll get the push worthy of his talents. He could be a star.

I kinda wish I hadn't voted for many Japanese wrestlers. It's hard to defend somebody who doesn't have an American gimmick. Wrestling wise it's Tenryu. While I like him he's been overpushed in every promotion he's been part of. He's like Dusty Rhodes but with worse mic skills but better wrestling talent.

The Sandam couldn't work at all. Any good matches he's ever had have been a complete fluke. Possible wone of the owrst wrestlers ever. It was gimmick only for that man. Jascobs on the other hand is well rounded. It's a shame about his size and indy look, otherwise he's become a big star.

Results are here

This is a closer match then the numbers will suggest. Dr. Death was good, damn good. But the JR's lap dog angle stopped that from showing through. Edge wins this however due to his big match talent coming through in the last few years. Edge will go far in the tournament with his huge following in the IWC. Spear to Dr. Death for the Pinfall.

Vince is one of the most entertaining heels of all time. Sid recieved push after push after push. And in the end all he'll truly be remembered for is breaking his leg.I'd have to say that the only truly memorable moments from Sids career are getting stabbed by Arn Anderson, breaking his leg and err that's pretty much it. Maybe eliminating Hogan fron the 92 Rumble.

Y2J. The piece of crab Sid stapped AA not the other way around. If you get a chance check out the horsemen tape it is on there.
Anyhow as far as the match, Sid will destroy Vince. While Vince is pumping up Sid grabs him and powerbombs him out of the match. Sid easily.

I think the general concensus is going to be the most accurate. Dr. Death is damn good, but not as good as Edge, which is a shame because Edge is on an incredible high, and arguably the most over guy amongst the IWC. Edge is going to be a tough draw for anyone, especially in the first half of this tournament.

Edge is damn good in the ring though. Some, cough cough, think he has never had a good match outside of the realm of gimmicks. I whole heartedly disagree with that statement. Edge is in a spot that he deserves and has earned.

I agree with Jake easily. The Sandman has been terrible in the ring in almost every match he has been in. All that being said, he's a cane wielding cane swinging maniac. A stiff shot from that cane right between Jacobs eyes is enough for this match to be over. Jacobs is good, and is better then the Sandman, but not in this region.

Tenryu was great, but Corino was on a whole other level. I think Shadowmancer's love for the guy has rubbed off of me. He truly is the last great American Wrestler Journeyman. He goes everywhere, puts on great matches and manages to be over, and he wins gold. Corino is anothe rpotential dark horse in this tournament.

Man this one sucks. I really love Rey Mysterio, but can't vote for him in this match. Rougeau is incredible. Not only did he provide us with "All American Boys" And "I'm the Mountie" but he's damn good in the ring as well. From the Fabulous Rougeau brothers and the Quebecers/Mountie gimmick, the guy was amazing. I think he's a bit too technically sound for someone liek Mysterio to handle.

See, I think I'm in the minority. I enjoyed the hell out of Sid. I've always been a Sid fan. I thought that Sid was a legit threat to Hogan at Wrestlemania 8. Sid was just this huge monster, and Hogan was on the downside of his career. Unlike anyone else he faced at Mania, Sid seemed like the guy that wasn't only going to beat Hogan, but he was hell bent on destroying Hogan and his legacy.

The bodyguard angle was great as well. I loved his match with HBK in the Garden and how that smarky Garden crowd turned on HBK the second he got an advantage on Sid.

Bottomline, Vince is good, I think he's great for the business, but Sid is just to damn strong and powerful, and probably fucking insane.

Results are Here

Yeah a match that is in the favour of Steve Corino. A Canadian so he gets the crowd behind him in the first place, It is ECW rules so he is at home having gotten to the top of ECW during its last year. He puts on Great matches wherever he goes. As CA said about how much I like the guy. one of my top 5 favourite Wrestlers, putting together enjoyment and skill together. Taking out the skill factor then he is easily 1 or 2 on the list for me. He gave Dusty Rhodes his last good match in that Bullrope match at the start of Living Dangerously 2000. He is so criminally underrated by the IWC it isn't funny. Though he could get RoH fans to boo him, he does something right, if he can do that. Well that is combined with the use of pink Wrestling Trunks for RoH and you have a forgotten legend.

Tenryu is good but in the ECW environment. Corino picks up the match.

I've really never understood the IWC hatred for Jeff Jarrett, and the apprasial of a guy like Triple H. They are essentially the same guy, but Triple H gets a ton of love and respect while Jarrett is almost universally despised. Jarrett is one of the better in ring performers of the last decade, generates amazing heel heat, and is a ten time world champion. That's a pretty damn impressive resume.

I never really thought that Scorpio was that great. I thought his matches were dull and predictable. Sure he was impressive on the top rope but other then that, just blah. I've been a fan of the Giant since his debut. I think he does what he's supposed to the ring, be a big nasty bastard and kill people. That's all I want out of my 400 plus pounders, just go in there and beat thes hit out of people without the dazzle.

Results are here

This is a toss up for me, I like Jado. But I have not seen a singles match out of him in ages. Matt Hardy has improved tremendously in the last year. He has started to break out of the tag team mold and develop himself. combined with the fact that he is the more talented of the Hardy's I can see him winning this. And for those that don't know Jado he is the less successful member of Jado and Gedo. They worked in ECW at one stage,I think. But I am picking Hardy here.

This is a tough choice. I think Jarrett is a very good wrestler, but his style just doesn't fit into the hardcore world of ECW. Brent Albright would've been over there. Albright would come out on top in this one under ECW rules.

Ok, this one kills me. I love them both. Jimmy Jacobs is one hardcore son of a bitch but I just can't vote against the Sandman in a match under ECW rules.

Jacques Rougeau also had an Intercontinental Title reign if Im not mistaken

Yes he did hace an IC title reign after beating Bret Hart. He also held the tag team titles both as a member of "The Fabulous Rougeaus" and as "The Quebecers." A very talented worker and great heel persona. Also he knocked out Dynamite Kids teeth one time in the dressing room. Not known as a legitimate tough guy, but it shows he has balls.

Mysterio is the most overated wrestler in recent years, he brings very little to the table- no mic skills, average ring skills, and has started botching a lot recently. If anyone is just a pushed cruiserweight its Rey.

Results are Here

You forgot that he has Half the brains that Nash and Hall do. But I am Going to have to go with a trained Wrestler over Vince McMahon. Sid has the credentials to be a legit threat to the next round as well I haven't checked who he is up against but he has the size and could beat the crap out of Vince if required.

Results are here

Ill have to go with Showkishi on this one as the Showster has the Size and weight advantage over Flash Funk. We also know that The Big Showbowski can play it big in extreme matches remember early on in the reformed ECW they were having Extreme Rules matches Shonan the Barbarian was taking punishment from the standard list of old school ECW weapons, therefore I will go with The Great Wight on this one.

Results are Here

Lets see the Guitar is legal. And we have a 10 time world Champ Vs. Someone that the WWE fucked up and didn't push, who has one of the nastiest Fujiawa Armbars I have seen. I can see Albright locking in the Crowbar and forcing J-A-Double R-E-Double T to tap out. Just as easily as seeing Albright suffer the Stroke. I honestly don't know. Will El Kabong come into play most likely. but that is only one guitar. Any of the other Hangman's 3 members won't come into play here either as both are in the tournament. I give it to Albright on a coin flip.

Results are Here

ECW Legend and Drunk Vs. A tough Emo. I am going to go with the Emo on this one. Or need I remind everyone of what happened to the Briscoes after that Ladder Match. Jimmy Jacobs is so good right now. Both Jimmy Jacobs Cane and the lovely Lacey will play a part in the defeat of the Sandman, It is hard to see the Sandman winning this since he won't have anyone as a counterbalance against Lacey.

Would Vince, in the great Mick Foley's words, have the testicular fortitude to step in the ring with Mr. Vicious? No, thus why...

Powerbomb off the set at 5:00. Sid FTW

Results are here

Shit this is a tough one but if you take Mysterio back to his physical peak back in WCW before the knee injuries and you remember how bloody quick he is. He got special dispensation in Mexico to start in Junior Ranks early. When he was younger he was so much better at what he does than what he does know but then you take into account his experience factor and he has more experience than a lot of the Veterans of the tournament. So I am going to have to go with Rey Rey on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back