Round 1, Day 5, Houston, TX

The Deadman vs. Shark Boy

• #2 The Undertaker

• #63 Shark Boy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Killings: Over rated. Pretty simple actually. The guy was cool and flashy as K-Kwik, and was someone entertaining, but he's not a wrestler. He's an athlete, but wouldn't know the first thing about wrestling if he was taught by Lou Thesz himself.

Yokozuna on the other hand, while not pretty, is a beast. He is 500 plus pounds of super unstoppable heel. The guy was fairly mobile for a man his size. Killings simply wouldn't ahve enough at all to take on Yoko. Yoko wins fairly easily.

God, Lance Hoyt is god awful. I have never seen anything remotely good from Hoyt. He just happened to be a guy that was in the right place at the right time as far as being a tag team partner.

MVP, is certainly over rated at this point in his career. There is no denying though that the guy since his Benoit feud has grown exponentially. The guy has gone from pseudo mid card jobber to legit main event material. So all the gbeing said, he has enough to embarass the super jobber Hoyt.

canadarules24, precip666, slim_shady006

One of, or all of, these three seem to be trying to sabotage this tournament. If I see such blatant cases as this again from any of the three, I'll see if there's anything I can do about it.

As it is, yes, this is going to be a big squash. However, it won't be on Angle/Thrasher scale. Thrasher sucked so bad it was ridiculous. His high point was fighting in a ball pit. Shark Boy's had some watchable and even some entertaining matches. So yea, he'd actually survive his journey to the arena.

The sarge should win this one quite easily. The sarge was pretty damn brutal in some old school boot camp matches. Elix Skipper is impressive, but again, too damn under sized to compete in this matchup. Skipper is an athlete, but not nearly as good of a brutal wrestler as Slaughter. Slaughter breaks Skipper in half with the clutch fairly early.

Lance Hoyt isn't complete garbage in my opinion, but he still is pretty garbage. He's oddly massive when compared with guys like Abyss, who he is even larger than. He's also had some oddly athletic moments. However, he hasn't done anything remotely special and isn't on MVP's level.

I think MVP is slightly overrated, but he still has impressed me so much, and wrestles just outside of the normal WWE style in my opinion. His WrestleMania match with ------ was criminally short. Is he world champion material? Not in my eyes. At least, not yet. Does he have enough talent to whoop seven shades out of Hoyt? You bet your arse he does.

Luger was huge and a fine football player, but this is ECW. I think that with the entirety of the Impact Players on his side, Credible could squeak this victory. It would be an upset for sure, but my money is on Justin.

This is the kind of match up I would like to have seen later on in the tournament. I think I have to go with Race on this one, but what a war it would be.

Tenzan over Race. But it's close. Race is a legend. Good thing for him is that he retired pretty young for a wrestler. So he hasn't been tarnished by comebacks or whatever like Flair & Funk. Both wrestlers are actually pretty similar in styles in a way.

MVP has got a very lucky draw here. Hoyt is crap. that's the only way MVP gets through. Had he came against somebody more proven then he'd be out straight away. I like him. But he's been in WWE for less than 18 months so he doesn't deserve to go far.

I'm yet to see a decent Slaughter match. His ''best'' match is overrated. His angle with Hogan was a disgrace. Skipper though is solid. He was ahighlight in the later days of WCW and he's been pretty effective in TNA too. And his voice makes me giggle.

What it comes down to is somebody who can only do high spots. Or somebody who was an excellent heel, who has what I like to call the Jiggle Factor. And when I'm voting you have to be something pretty special to get past the Jiggle Factor. Ron Killings with his averageness isn't going to get through.

Yeah Steamboats cool. But boring. What I'm basing this on is tag team wrestling. Steamboat and Douglas vs. The Powers Of Pain. There aint no comparison. Also one could still get in the ring today and perform at the standard he used to. It aint Ricky btw.

The dragon was an amazing, amazing competitor. Wrestling machine, who put on what many consider to be one of the best matches of all time, Vs Savage, at WM 3. Steamboat is excellent at selling so he would probably make the warlord look awesome in a lot of spots in this. Steamboat FTW though.

Not even close. Yoko was one of the, if not the best Monster mega heel ever. Truly, truly dominant in 1993. Had what I find is a very underrated, intimidating, awe inspiring, and nearly majestic(in a scary way) entrance. Killings on the other hand, was K kwik for like a year. lol. Use all the weapons you want. Your fighting Godzilla. GET ROWDY...while you get a banzai drop fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back