• #32 Frankie Kazarian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#1 Chris Jericho vs. #32 Frankie Kazarian

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (this is an ECW Regional match, so this match is conducted under extreme rules.)
3. Will crowd be a factor. The matches take place in Winnipeg.

#16 Alex Shelley vs. #17 Tommy Dreamer

2. Will rules of a region come into play (this is an ECW Regional match, so this match is conducted under extreme rules.)

#8 The Dynamite Kid Tom Billington vs. #25 Yoshihiro Tajiri

#9 The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase vs. #24 Colt Cabana

#2 Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. #34 Scott "Flash" Norton

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
3. Will crowd be a factor. All matches take place in Dallas, TX

#15 Ken Kennedy vs. #18 William Regal

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)

#7 Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. #26 Bob Backlund

#10 Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig vs. #23 Billy Kidman

Another supercard match. Henning as the crafty veteran and Kidman as the talented high flyer. I think Kidman would match up well against Henning, since he is skinny and lanky (can squirm out of submission or wrestling holds easier) and Henning isn't so much stronger than Kidman that he'd overpower him.

In the end, though, Henning is able to work over Kidman and ground his ariel attack, perhaps with some knee damage, and from there it's PerfectPlex time and it's all academic.

Henning in 11 minutes.

I Back Backlund here. I find Piper a bit over rated in this match, as he is a fantastic brawler who got where he is based on his persona, mic skills, and over-the-top attitude. Backlund will take some shots and feel some pain, but much like WrestleMania 8 against Bret Hart, Piper will have some trouble with the technical prowess, get distracted, make a mental error, and fall to a quick Small Package by the craft veteran Backlund.

Bob Backlund in 18 minutes.

Regal has this. Kennedy is fairly well-rounded, but there is nothing that Kenneday does that Regal doesn't do as well or better in his prime. Think about it.

Strength - About even. Kennedy has more raw power, but Regal is better at using leverage.

Speed - About even.

High Flying - Kennedy's edge. Regal isn't high risk.

Technical - Regal in a landslide.

Mic - Even. Regal's been tested more.

I say Kennedy puts in a fair effort, but the greatest WCW TV Champion ever throws on the Regal Stretch and gets the tap out.

Regal in 14 minutes.

Wow. Ouch.

I have been singing Norton's praises for weeks here, because I feel he's one of the most underexposed and underrated superstars in wrestling. He's going up against a legend in Steve Austin. The type of ring or match is immaterial. I do implore each of you to examine the match up and the attributes of these two men when you vote.

I am 100% ok with the fact that Austin is going to win this match.

I am standing by Norton just because I'd be a hypocrite if I did not. He's got so much raw power, he's a craft, smart veteran wrestler with several Japanese titles under his massive belt, and the only reason he wasn't a star in the US is because he was used in the nWo angle. He should have gone to WWF - McMahon loves guys like this.

Norton in 28 minutes. IN FANTASY LAND. Yes, that's where I am right now.

9 times out of 10 I pick Shelley to win this match. I think he's one of the next big things in pro wrestling. But finally, the home field advantage kicks in, and a guy who I do not like, Tommy Dreamer, kendo-sticks his way to victory.

Dreamer in 10 minutes.

Here's a match I'd love to see live. Both men are great athletes and competitors. In this case, I think Jericho has two distinct advantages - he's been in ECW and Hardcore matches before, and he's got years of experience on Kaz. A strong, fast paced, respectful match, but in the end the Liontamer forces the tap out and Ralphus looks on.

Jericho in 13 minutes.

Not that it matters in this situation, but I find Kaz so overrated. He's just so, so bland. Really, he's just so boring I don't see how anybody's excited about him. He's just a very average cruiserweight - below average, really, as he isn't unique in any way. He's so average I've completely forgotten who he faced in the last round - he probably didn't deserved to beat them.

Jericho, overrated as he is, would break his spine in seconds with the Walls.

I like them both but with it being extreme rules I see Dreamer winning. Shelley will give Dreamer one hell of a fight though.

Dreamer in 15 minutes

Ted DiBiase has more wrestling psychology in his pinky than Cabana does in his entire body. If Cabana could last 10 minutes with this all-time great wrestler, then it should be considered a moral victory. DiBiase in a walk.

After voting for Alex Shelley, I feel I should justify myself. And so I'll try.

Shelley is such a versatile talent and is so unpredictable. OK, he's no hardcore legend like Dreamer is but he's been in the odd I Quit match. Besides, it might not come down to who can swing a singapore cane the hardest. I'm sure someone will come on to make me look like a fool but I'll go for Shelley's youth and versatility.

After voting for Alex Shelley, I feel I should justify myself. And so I'll try.

Shelley is such a versatile talent and is so unpredictable. OK, he's no hardcore legend like Dreamer is but he's been in the odd I Quit match. Besides, it might not come down to who can swing a singapore cane the hardest. I'm sure someone will come on to make me look like a fool but I'll go for Shelley's youth and versatility.

I love it. Sammy going against the grain and backing it up beautifully.

Shelley is damn versatile, there is no question. And he'd absolutely have a shot in this match. As I'd said in my post, I'd vote for Shelley in every type of match except this time the home field sways me enough. But if Shelley comes back and wins I'd be thrilled.

I think Colt is a great young talent, but his best days are ahead of him. DiBiase on the other hand could wrestle almost any kind of match, worked with some of the all-time greats and has the kind of charisma you just can't cultivate. DiBiase takes it in a highly entertaining match.

Colt will get a little bit of help from the weapons, but I HIGHLY doubt they'll matter. The Million Dollar Dream will put the future star to sleep.

6:30 tops.

When I think of Kennedy, I think of an American version of Regal. Only thing is Kennedy hasn't seen the action that Regal has, or had as many big matches as Regal has, but he's gonna get there eventually. Good matchup, but I think Regal may show Kennedy the "power of the punch" after 11 minutes.

No doubt Stone Cold is one of the most charismatic personalities in wrestling and helped to define an era of wrestling product. It's one hell of a legacy. In any kind of long term feud I think that Austin would come out on top in the end. Battered, bruised, but holding the ten pounds of gold.

A long term feud would allow Austin to develop his strategy and form a plan to take Norton down, though. I think that in a random match up on any given day that Flash would take this one. He's so damn strong, moves well, and works such a physical style that he got over huge in a land where he didn't even speak the language. I'm probably nuts and biased, but I think people should at least think about it.

Do we base this on the wrestler in their prime or right now?

But anyway I am a huge Kennedy fan so I voted for him. He has some great ability, especially how mic skills. I think he's great. He also has some good technical ability, and is entertaining. However I can't take away from Regal and some of the good things he's done. He used to entertain me incredibly, especially when he and Jericho had a 'feud'.

I say it'll be close, but Kennedy would pin him after about 20 minutes.

Kennedy is fantastically entertaining, but truly, he has no chance in this.

Regal is far superior in technical skill, and experience. Kennedy has accomplished nothing besides being a huge let down, and wasted momentum so far. Potential is just another word for "hasnt done shit yet".

Regal on the other hand is tried and proven, and one of the most skilled, and dependable guys in the WWE. Regal for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back