ROH SuperCard of Honor VII LD

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
SCOHVII-Poster_small_zps6e0dbfe8.jpg

[YOUTUBE]y61EElenjd8[/YOUTUBE]

rsz_1scohvii-poster_small.jpg

ROH World Championship
Kevin Steen (c) vs. Jay Briscoe

If Kevin Steen can knock off Jay Briscoe he'll have broken a record which has stood for over six years, held by Takeshai Morishima who in his 200+ day reign defended the ROH World Championship 20 times, which Steen is now tied for. But for Steen to do that he must go through someone who has been with Ring of Honor since day one, one-half of eight time ROH World Tag Team Champions, The Briscoes, Jay Briscoe.

In Asheville, North Carolina last weekend Steen knocked off Jay's younger brother Mark in the main event to retain his ROH World Championship, and now the older brother remains, and with him having been with ROH since the very first day nobody knows more than Jay Briscoe the importance of the title, which he hopes to finally capture at SuperCard of Honor.

[YOUTUBE]cYF9y_0J9Jo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5snr3B8vuII[/YOUTUBE]

040513scohwolvesvsredragon.gif

ROH World Tag Team Championship
The American Wolves vs. redDRagon (c)

Since Best In The World last year Kyle O'Reilly has broken out on his own, displaying a new confident attitude, a new determination to succeed and alongside new tag team partner Bobby Fish a new championship to his accolades as last month the duo upset the odds to defeat The Briscoes cleanly and become the new ROH World Tag Team Champions.

But due to the way in-which they won the Gauntlet Match two weeks prior to this on ROH Wrestling TV to earn their title match, where they capitalized on SCUM's attack on The American Wolves, Nigel McGuinness has granted Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards another chance to show rivals redDRagon how its done. With this being the rubber match in the feud, The Wolves are on the hunt for victory and another run with the ROH World Tag Team Championships.

[YOUTUBE]dxVJ-YcF23c[/YOUTUBE]

040513scohworldtvtitle.gif

ROH World Television Championship
Adam Cole vs. Matt Taven (c) vs. Matt Hardy

Matt Taven was another young gun who upset the odds to defeat Adam Cole last month at the 11th Anniversary Show, albeit with assistance from Truth Martini, to capture the ROH World TV Championship, something which sent then number one contender Matt Hardy irate at ringside as he was doing commentary on the match.

Two weeks ago on ROH Wrestling TV Adam Cole and Matt Hardy met in their rematch from Final Battle, but due to interference from Rhino and SCUM, which was followed by a brawl between the group and half the ROH roster, Nigel McGuinness has made a match which will satisfy Matt Hardy and give Adam Cole his chance to enter Border Wars gunning for the World Championship while also holding the ROH World TV Championship.

040513scohandersonvsstrong.gif

Special Challenge Match
NJPW's Karl Anderson vs. Roderick Strong

Following the 11th Anniversary Show defeat to Michael Elgin, Roderick Strong was exempt from a match with ROH World Champion Kevin Steen. With this "The Messiah of the Backbreaker" told Nigel McGuinness to find him the best opponent possible for SuperCard of Honor, and as is tradition at the event, McGuinness has sought out talent from the land of the Rising Sun and has hit the jackpot.

Karl Anderson is one of New Japan Pro Wrestling's biggest stars. Having recently challenged for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, Anderson comes back to Ring of Honor after seven years, a much more matured competitor and a much more respected one at that. "The Machine Gun" is most notable for his tag team with Giant "Tensai" Bernard, Bad Intentions.

040513scohelginvslethal.gif

World Title #1 Contenders Match
Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin

Jay Lethal and Michael Elgin have came the closest to knocking off Kevin Steen and bringing the ROH World Championship back to Ring of Honor, away from SCUM's grasp. At Glory By Honor XI had it not been for Roderick Strong's interference Michael Elgin could very well be standing now as the ROH World Champion, but it wasn't to be and Elgin would first have to deal with Strong before returning his attention to the ROH World Championship.

Jay Lethal on the other hand has possible came the closest to taking the title away from Steen. Last month at the 11th Anniversary Show had it not been for interference from Jimmy Jacobs and Steve Corino, Lethal could very well have defeated Steen, but he didn't and Kevin retained. Following the match and SCUM's growth Lethal has became even more determined to defeat Steen and become ROH World Champion.

The winner will have to wait until late May at the earliest however, with Kevin Steen scheduled to defend the ROH World Championship against BJ Whitmer in two weeks at a live event in Richmond, Virginia, and against Adam Cole in the main event of Border Wars in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in May.

[YOUTUBE]OOtyESIZQxc[/YOUTUBE]

04051310manwar.gif

10 MAN WAR
Team ROH vs. SCUM

It is viewed as the first true battle between Ring of Honor and SCUM.

On one side, representing Team ROH, Nigel McGuinness will lead team captain BJ Whitmer, Mark Briscoe, Mike Mondo, Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander into a war against SCUM led by Steve Corino, who consist of team captain Jimmy Jacobs, Cliff Compton, Jimmy Rave, Rhett Titus and Rhino, both teams boasting Ring of Honor stalwarts and veterans of the wrestling world.

[YOUTUBE]-UkNMjqdAUQ[/YOUTUBE]

PLUS!

[YOUTUBE]ZXkhvn8u3PQ[/YOUTUBE]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SHOW BEGINS 7:30PM EST/12:30AM GMT

SuperCard of Honor is live tonight on iPay-Per-View.
Live from the sold-out Hammerstein Ballroom, Manhattan, New York
it can be ordered now at ROHWrestling.com

nJ28U_original_display_image.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I like ROH, but this is just mediocre.

Not the best card, reminds me of the early days when cards had good wrestling but were full of surprises. Shelton Benjamin is also featured on the card against a mystery opponent but I've a feeling that'll be Mike Bennett which will be nice but nothing special, and QT Marshall's partner is supposed to be someone of notoriety, I've heard Low Ki and Jushin Liger's names thrown around.

They've to really produce some good wrestling for this, especially considering it's a sold-out event and a lot of people seem to have bought the iPPV.

I wanted to buy the EVOLVE show, but I don't get off work until 5 Central. Ended up buying this instead because I wanted to watch something. Hopefully it ends up being something good.

I wanted to buy the EVOLVE show, but I don't get off work until 5 Central. Ended up buying this instead because I wanted to watch something. Hopefully it ends up being something good.

I'm buying the DGUSA show tomorrow and then thats my indy wrestling done for the weekend.

This card really sucks aside from the Tag Team Match and the number one contender match, that hopefully will go to Elgin. I don't care for that kind of "special" matches with people from other promotion appearing just for the sake of it.

A Low Ki return as QT Marshall's partner would be pretty great. The main event will be a good match, but damn, Jay Briscoe? They couldn't find anybody else? Hell, Adam Cole could have done it.

I don't care for that kind of "special" matches with people from other promotion appearing just for the sake of it.

I imagine your referencing Karl Anderson. Hes not in "for the sake of it," hes in to continue building the relationship between NJPW and ROH. Hes also a name ROH fans are extremely excited to have back and is one of the reasons the event sold-out in four days. Not to mention people coming in from other promotions is a Supercard of Honor tradition.

The main event will be a good match, but damn, Jay Briscoe? They couldn't find anybody else? Hell, Adam Cole could have done it.

Jay Briscoe is the person fans wanted to face Steen. Ring of Honor asked on Twitter and he won without challenge. People have been asking for it since Steen won the title. Hes been with ROH since the first day, hes came extremely close to winning the title in the past, he cuts a great promo, he wrestles a great match, he and Steen have very similar styles and this isn't WWE or TNA where just because your in a tag team you don't pose a threat as a singles performer - don't comment on stuff without knowing beforehand.

Jay Briscoe is the person fans wanted to face Steen. Ring of Honor asked on Twitter and he won without challenge. People have been asking for it since Steen won the title. Hes been with ROH since the first day, hes came extremely close to winning the title in the past, he cuts a great promo, he wrestles a great match, he and Steen have very similar styles and this isn't WWE or TNA where just because your in a tag team you don't pose a threat as a singles performer - don't comment on stuff without knowing beforehand.

I know ROH doesn't do transitional title reigns, so he would have one of those, but I'm surprised Jay has never ever really been in a main event program. Him being in the tag team I think actually helps him for that, because it gives ROH a lot more booking options for the feud.

I'm not someone who generally watches ROH but I just watched all those promos and the one from the champion was far and away the worst. Can someone in the know tell me what it is about this Steen fellow that makes him good? He sounded quite awful in his promo and if his chance are "Kill, Steen, Kill", I don't get it because he sounds like he's the least tough guy ever. Someone help me here.

Man, I'd love an Aries/Joe level shocker and Jay Briscoe somehow won the ROH Title tonight. He's easily my favorite wrestler on the indy scene these days. It won't ever happen, though.

I know ROH doesn't do transitional title reigns, so he would have one of those, but I'm surprised Jay has never ever really been in a main event program. Him being in the tag team I think actually helps him for that, because it gives ROH a lot more booking options for the feud.

Well he had a five minute feud with Joe years back when he got his first World title shot. People thought he'd come back from that cause in the match Briscoe kept getting back up when Joe dished out big moves. Doesn't really count though so yeah, gotta agree.

I'm not someone who generally watches ROH but I just watched all those promos and the one from the champion was far and away the worst. Can someone in the know tell me what it is about this Steen fellow that makes him good? He sounded quite awful in his promo and if his chance are "Kill, Steen, Kill", I don't get it because he sounds like he's the least tough guy ever. Someone help me here.

Personally I like him because hes a great character.

What he sounds like and how he acts are two different things. Right now his character is supposed to be torn between representing ROH and being apart of SCUM which he started, because with Cornette gone Steen sees pride in being champion. So hes not really supposed to be the giant asshole he usually is. That said in the ring hes one of the most unique guys going, asides from being a great and entertaining brawler for a man of his size some of the moves he can do are Vader-esq but he can Springboards and stuff, not just a moonsault.

You have to watch to enjoy, his story is also a great reason as to why I got behind him.

Here we go!

Good video package detailing how SCUM grew! Ring of Honor's video packages have improved so much. Nothing beats the hype video for Final Battle, which was epic but this is still pretty good, kind of old fashioned.

QT Marshall is horrible, don't know what Danielson saw in him. RD Evans is much better as Archibald Peck, ACH and TaDarius Thomas are great for their age, great showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back