ROH Border Wars 2013 LD

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
34rsrdh.jpg

[YOUTUBE]qZTqpROZQCA[/YOUTUBE]

050413bwarscolevsbriscoe.gif

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe (c)

At SuperCard of Honor Jay Briscoe shocked the world and defeated Kevin Steen for the ROH World Championship. Now he must deal with one of the toughest opponents possible in the shape of former ROH World TV Champion, Adam Cole. Adam has made it known winning comes by any means necessary as he gets his chance to become ROH World Champion.

458470bdw.png

PAUL LONDON RETURNS
Davey Richards vs. Paul London

After a ten year absence Paul London returns to the promotion he says made every accomplishment in his career come true when he faces "The American Wolf" Davey Richards. With Richards having made waves with recent comments at an indy show about "heading to Connecticut" to prove hes the "real best in the world", every match from here until August is a must-see for ROH fans.

[YOUTUBE]e9CD_WvSlDQ[/YOUTUBE]

959489bdw.png

ROH VS. PRO WRESTLING NOAH
Eddie Edwards vs. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori

Having recently had stars from New Japan Pro Wrestling appear, ROH cashes in on its other affiliation with the Land of the Rising Sun. Taiji Ishimori is a top star in Japan's Pro Wrestling NOAH promotion, having competed in NJPW and AJPW, Ishimori is the current GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion and is trained by the legendary Ultimo Dragon. Eddie Edwards and Ishimori are no strangers having met one another previously when Edwards was touring with the Japanese promotion.

050413bwarstavenvsbriscoe.gif

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Taven (c)

Three weeks ago on ROH Wrestling TV, Mark Briscoe won a Five Way Scramble match to earn a shot at Matt Taven's ROH World TV Championship. With his brother having won his first major singles title younger brother Mark now has the chance to do the same when he and Taven meet in Toronto with the title on the line. But if Truth Martini has anything to say about it, the title is staying exactly where it is.

[YOUTUBE]JcjqH8beufg[/YOUTUBE]

050413bwarselginlethalvsscum.gif

ROH VS. SCUM
Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs. Two Members of SCUM w/ Steve Corino

Two weeks ago on ROH Wrestling TV Steve Corino laid down the challenge to Nigel McGuinness, two members of ROH versus two members of SCUM, if SCUM wins then Matt Hardy gets a shot at the ROH World Championship and Steve Corino becomes the new color commentator for Ring of Honor. But if Elgin and Lethal can stick together and pick up the victory, Corino is gone from Ring of Honor forever.

050413bwarswhitmervstitus.jpg

I QUIT MATCH
BJ Whitmer vs. SCUM's Rhett Titus

When Kenny King left Ring of Honor last year Rhett Titus was left all alone to battle Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team until BJ Whitmer returned and evened the odds. But somewhere along the line Titus grew bitter toward ROH management and turned on Whitmer, siding with Steve Corino and SCUM. BJ Whitmer finally has a chance to gain revenge as he aims to make Titus scream the words, "I quit!"

285229bdw.png

THREE-WAY GRUDGE MATCH
Roderick Strong vs. Mike Mondo vs. Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett and Mike Mondo were at odds last summer over Mondo's odd affection for Bennett's fiance Maria. At Glory By Honor XI Mondo suffered a broken fibula when he jumped from the entrance stage onto Bennett. While injured Roderick Strong randomly insulted Mondo, calling him injury prone and an idiot. Upon return Mondo and Bennett have resumed their rivalry but now Strong has gotten involved and is fed up with not receiving opportunies for all the hard work hes put into Ring of Honor.

PLUS!

gbhxi-steen.jpg

KEVIN STEEN SCHEDULED TO APPEAR
Two weeks ago on ROH Wrestling TV Kevin Steen told Steve Corino exactly how he felt; "I have one problem with all of this, and it's Matt Hardy", Steen's rejection of Hardy in SCUM led to Corino and co. beating down Steen and kicking him out of his own creation. Now in his home country Kevin Steen is scheduled to appear and address SCUM, the only question is how?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SHOW BEGINS 7:30PM EST/12:30AM GMT

Border Wars is live tonight on iPay-Per-View.
Live from the sold-out Ted Reeve Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
it can be ordered now at ROHWrestling.com

nJ28U_original_display_image.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looks to be a great card. I'm still shocked on Jay being champion. Anticipating Paul London match, too. Should be a fun PPV.

Keeping Steen off the actual match card is pretty ballsy. Done a good job of promoting the event considering the arena holds 3,000+ people.

Holy shit Ring of Honor has a new stage. Sinclair has splashed some cash!

Opening match is Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander versus ACH and TaDarius Thomas, three of the four most talented young guys on the indies. Should be good!

Buy this mainly for the Davey Richards/Paul London match, I'd also like to see Steen kill Matt Hardy, so hopefully that happens too.

Coleman and Alexander pick up the win with Overtime - Frankensteiner and a Frog Splash which Alexander got huge air on! Really good opening match with three really impressive young talents, Caprice is in his forties and moving like a twenty year old.

Mike Bennett versus Roderick Strong is up next, Mike Mondo suffered an injury during the week.

Whenever Mike does actually go to WWE, I kind of hope Maria isn't with him. Hes really improved as a wrestler since joining ROH but she still overshadows him and he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I don't know if it's ROH's stream, or just my computer being a piece of shit but the stream has been really spotty for me so far

Corino is usually much better on the stick. "Get the fuck out," chant from the fans was funny though, nice to see the fans actually booing SCUM rather than siding with them. Nice to see wrestling fans who are traditionally smark go against their stereotype.

The ending to the "I Quit" match was smart, putting over how much Rhett follows Corino. But going right into the tag match I'm not a huge fan of, was hoping It'd be Compton and Rave instead of Compton and Jacobs but whatever, I can live with it.

Jay Lethal really took the brunt of the Suicide Dive. Hopes hes okay. Looks really hurt and this is unusual for Ring of Honor to stop a match like this.

Elgin has to take on SCUM by himself.

Nigel McGuinness approved Steen replacing Lethal - which makes me think the Lethal spot was all just a really well worked spot - but as Steen goes for the Package Piledriver Cliff is able to roll him up for the three count which means...

Matt Hardy gets a shot at the ROH World Championship and Steve Corino is the new color commentator for Ring of Honor.

We get a classic match for intermission.

Taiji Ishimor versus El Generico from the first ROH versus NOAH inter-promotional show in Tokyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back