The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
final4.jpg

ROH Presents: Death Before Dishonor XI
Live on Free PPV!

LINK TO THE SHOW!

ROH WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT FINALS
TBD vs. TBD
Former ROH World Champion, Jay Briscoe will present the new champion with the ROH Championship belt.

ROH WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT- SEMI FINAL MATCH
Adam Cole vs. Tommaso Ciampa

ROH WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT- SEMI FINAL MATCH
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen

8-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish), Matt Taven, & Michael Bennett w/ Truth Martini & Maria Kanellis vs. Adrenaline RUSH (ACH & Tadarius Thomas), Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Special Interview with BJ Whitmer

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
Ricky Marvin vs. Roderick Strong

IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs. Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (c)

Silas Young vs. Jay Lethal

ALSO SIGNED TO APPEAR:
- OUTLAW INC (HOMICIDE & EDDIE KINGSTON)​

Prediction time: Adam Cole defeats Tommaso Ciampa. Michael Elgin defeats Kevin Steen. Cole over Elgin to win the world title. Jay Briscoe doesn't want to surrender - claims he never lost the belt - Cole kicks him in the head to cement the heel turn, and a match is match for Glory by Honor in October.

I'm not up to date with ROH in the least since it's not on in my area, so this is probably my first time watching it since the iPPV is streaming for free online. I'm really looking forward to seeing Kevin Steen wrestle so I can see what all of the fuss is about.

Prediction time: Adam Cole defeats Tommaso Ciampa. Michael Elgin defeats Kevin Steen. Cole over Elgin to win the world title. Jay Briscoe doesn't want to surrender - claims he never lost the belt - Cole kicks him in the head to cement the heel turn, and a match is match for Glory by Honor in October.

I see the opposite, with the finals being the same, but Elgin over Cole. He should have beaten Davey over a year ago, and it's simply his time. I think Jay turns heel, rather, by exactly what you said, which is refusing to surrender the title, and blasting Elgin with it.

Real good match with Cole and Ciampa. Looking forward more to the Elgin/Steen match, however.

I just got home about 20 mins., saw this thread & thought I'd check out the stream. The stream seemed to be working great for about 10 mins. then seemed to run into the old annoying buffering issues that plagued ROH iPPVs in the past & have been dealing with that shit for about the past 15 mins. Is anyone else having issues with the stream or is it just me?

I just got home about 20 mins., saw this thread & thought I'd check out the stream. The stream seemed to be working great for about 10 mins. then seemed to run into the old annoying buffering issues that plagued ROH iPPVs in the past & have been dealing with that shit for about the past 15 mins. Is anyone else having issues with the stream or is it just me?

I just logged in to watch it and I'm having the same issues.
So much for a flawless stream.

I hope GFL isn't going to be hosting all ROH pay per views. That stream was total shit.
Nice ending from what I did get to see.

I hope GFL isn't going to be hosting all ROH pay per views. That stream was total shit.
Nice ending from what I did get to see.

I not gonna complain cause it was free, & I was planning on paying for it as soon as ROH posts it up on their site in a few days, but they seemed to be trying to correct the buffering issues all night. I think this was just an experiment & hopefully GFL took notes of the problems they had tonight & is able to address these issues before the next iPPV event.

Leave it to internet fans to complain abotu something they didn't have to pay a dime for and were actually watching through legitimate means.

I'm just saying they were hyping new technology that would present a flawless stream. That didn't happen so I wouldn't be likely to pay to see future iPPV's hosted through GFL. ROH has a history of issues with the streams. I was hoping this would fix that.
I get that it was free and I'm appreciative of that but in the hour or so that I was logged in to watch the show I literally got to see about 10 minutes of the show. Why wouldn't I comment that if this is the hosting site ROH is going to use then I'm not going to order pay per views?

Leave it to internet fans to complain abotu something they didn't have to pay a dime for and were actually watching through legitimate means.

That's not the point. Monday Night Raw is free, and you expect them to put on a quality product that is 100% watcheable. That's what companies do, or they fail. You put out a quality product, and if it sucks, people stop watching. It shouldn't matter if it's free, or $1000 a view. That's like giving somebody a gift, and when they open it, it's broken and unusable. Maybe you can't complain because it's a gift, but it's real shitty of the gift giver.

More importantly, there are some of us that have been watching every match of the tournament, and have spent lots of money to watch all those matches. This is the third title change I haven't seen because of shitty iPPV quality. Didn't see Briscoe's win, or Steen's win. There has to be a point where it doesn't matter if it's free or not, they still ruined an event I've been waiting to see for the better part of a month.

Yeah, there will be a free replay I'm assuming. And I'll watch it. But I know who won. It took Twitter .5 seconds to spoil that for me. I don't care that tonight's event was free. I would have paid for it if it weren't. I care that ROH had a great product for the last several months, building up to one single event, and when it came time for that event, they couldn't put out a stream that works. If they had just stuck to next day VOD service, I could have watched this tomorrow, not had anything ruined, and been totally happy.

That's not the point. Monday Night Raw is free, and you expect them to put on a quality product that is 100% watcheable. That's what companies do, or they fail. You put out a quality product, and if it sucks, people stop watching. It shouldn't matter if it's free, or $1000 a view. That's like giving somebody a gift, and when they open it, it's broken and unusable. Maybe you can't complain because it's a gift, but it's real shitty of the gift giver.

More importantly, there are some of us that have been watching every match of the tournament, and have spent lots of money to watch all those matches. This is the third title change I haven't seen because of shitty iPPV quality. Didn't see Briscoe's win, or Steen's win. There has to be a point where it doesn't matter if it's free or not, they still ruined an event I've been waiting to see for the better part of a month.

Yeah, there will be a free replay I'm assuming. And I'll watch it. But I know who won. It took Twitter .5 seconds to spoil that for me. I don't care that tonight's event was free. I would have paid for it if it weren't. I care that ROH had a great product for the last several months, building up to one single event, and when it came time for that event, they couldn't put out a stream that works. If they had just stuck to next day VOD service, I could have watched this tomorrow, not had anything ruined, and been totally happy.

This isn't the same as Raw. This was a major show, not a weekly TV show. tihs would be like fans complaining if they were allowed to see Summerslam for free but it didn't work all that well.

Up until a few hours ago, this show was going to air live anywhere. ROH offered a free stream. Yes, it was shitty, but you didn't have to wait however long it is you have to wait and there still would've been spoilers around. If the stream didn't work, guess what: You can buy it tomorrow or whenever like you would've had to anyway.

This isn't the same as Raw. This was a major show, not a weekly TV show. tihs would be like fans complaining if they were allowed to see Summerslam for free but it didn't work all that well.

Right. I still fail to see how they are somehow more justified in ruining their product for the fans. Because it's free, it's allowed to suck, and we should just get over it? What if that's why they made it free? Because they dont' have any actual faith to put on a good iPPV? Because that's exactly why they went to VOD in the first place. And I'd be shocked if they didn't go back to it.

Up until a few hours ago, this show was going to air live anywhere. ROH offered a free stream. Yes, it was shitty, but you didn't have to wait however long it is you have to wait and there still would've been spoilers around. If the stream didn't work, guess what: You can buy it tomorrow or whenever like you would've had to anyway.

And I get that. I'm just pissed because ROH continually builds up to these great events, and then doesn't deliver because of crap IPPV. And I'm not allowed to avoid spoilers, because I have to post results as soon as they are available. Maybe they are justified in having a crappy night, because it's free. I'm still pissed I didn't get to see the main event, and feel justified in being so.

Right. I still fail to see how they are somehow more justified in ruining their product for the fans. Because it's free, it's allowed to suck, and we should just get over it? What if that's why they made it free? Because they dont' have any actual faith to put on a good iPPV? Because that's exactly why they went to VOD in the first place. And I'd be shocked if they didn't go back to it.

Would you have had to pay for it later (actual question)? Because if so then yeah, this is a ridiculous complaint. Actually even if you didn't have to pay for it later, it's still kind of ridiculous because the end result is the same.

Would you have had to pay for it later (actual question)? Because if so then yeah, this is a ridiculous complaint. Actually even if you didn't have to pay for it later, it's still kind of ridiculous because the end result is the same.

Yeah, I buy all my ROH events. The only people I steal from are WWE. :lmao:

And I get that. I'm just pissed because ROH continually builds up to these great events, and then doesn't deliver because of crap IPPV. And I'm not allowed to avoid spoilers, because I have to post results as soon as they are available. Maybe they are justified in having a crappy night, because it's free. I'm still pissed I didn't get to see the main event, and feel justified in being so.

I get that the iPPV sucks. I've ordered iPPVs from them before. If the spoilers are what you're pissed about, though, that has nothing to do with the shitty stream because they would've been around anyway.

I actually give ROH credit for this. From what I got out of the release, GFL came to them and offered to stream the show with their "new and improved" streaming. ROH could've promoted it and charged the old iPPV prices, but instead left their new options in place and instead gave customers the free streaming option. I wouldn't be surprised if they got more VOD purchases out of this.

You're comparing a weekly cable tv show produced by a billion dollar corporation to an iPPV for a "indy" promotion...yeah those are two entirely different things

More importantly, there are some of us that have been watching every match of the tournament, and have spent lots of money to watch all those matches.

You mean the matches they've been giving away for free on their weekly ROH tv show, which you can watch for free? If you chose to buy the events those matches were originally apart of then that was your choice, it's not like it was the only way you'd have been able to see all the tourny matches.

Yeah, there will be a free replay I'm assuming. And I'll watch it. But I know who won. It took Twitter .5 seconds to spoil that for me.

Ok, if you don't want something spoiled then you should just not go on twitter or social media of any kind, this should just be common fucking sense by now.

If they had just stuck to next day VOD service, I could have watched this tomorrow, not had anything ruined, and been totally happy.

Holy shit, you sound like such a whiny bitch right now, that option was & is still available, you're the one who chose to watch the stream tonight, knowing full well that ROH has had issues with streams in the past, instead of staying away from social media & waiting till later this weekend to watch the show through the VOD service.

Honest question. Why doesn't ROH go for regular PPV slots? Is it because of expenses? Because at this point, I doubt iPPV's are giving much pay off.

Honest question. Why doesn't ROH go for regular PPV slots? Is it because of expenses? Because at this point, I doubt iPPV's are giving much pay off.

From what I understand regular PPV slots cost a lot of money, & ROH would have to charge a lot more in order to get their money back let alone make a profit, iPPVs are much much cheaper to do.

I'd imagine that the majority of ROH's income comes from DVDs, Live shows, & their TV deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back