ROH 11th Anniversary Show LD

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
34fi7q1.jpg

[YOUTUBE]2SybdtsMB0g[/YOUTUBE]

11thsteenvslethal.jpg

ROH World Championship
Kevin Steen (c) vs. Jay Lethal

Since capturing the ROH World Championship last May at Border Wars, Kevin Steen has been on a path of destruction which has seen him tear through everybody who opposes him, whether their name be Davey Richards, Rhino, El Generico, Eddie Kingston or otherwise.

The one person who has escaped Steen's eye is Jay Lethal, who at "Killer Instinct" challenged Steen for the ROH World Championship, losing via disqualification after Steen unintentionally spat on Lethal's parents who were sitting front row, sending Lethal on a rampage. Now Lethal gets his opportunity at redemption, and the one thing that has always eluded him, World Championship gold!

[YOUTUBE]6b1XElwvhOg[/YOUTUBE]

11thbriscoesvsfishoreilly2.jpg

ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Briscoes (c) vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly

If any tag team exemplified the fact tag team wrestling is alive and well, its The Briscoe Brothers. Since winning their eighth ROH World Tag Team Championship at Final Battle, Mark and Jay have been calling on any and all comers to challenge them for their titles, even going as far as to make an open invitation for any tag team in any promotion in the world to step up and see how they test against Dem Boys.

Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, sometimes referred to as reDRagon, have been embroiled in a feud with Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, The American Wolves for the past couple months, defeating the former ROH World Champions in a gauntlet match three weeks ago on ROH Wrestling TV to earn themselves the opportunity to face The Briscoes and challenge for the top prize in tag team wrestling.

11thwolvesvshooligans.jpg

Ring of Honor vs. New Japan Pro Wrestling
American Wolves vs. Forever Hooligans

Since reforming in December, The American Wolves have been gradually finding their form as a unit, testing themselves against The Briscoes, SCUM, Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander, and now one of NJPW's finest junior heavyweight tag teams when Rocky Romero and Alex Koslov return to ROH to celebrate its 11th birthday.

Romero and Richards, formerly No Remorse Corps, were at one stage a top junior heavyweight tag team in Japan and Ring of Honor themselves. They've faced one another few times, but now they stand on opposite sides of the ring and pride is at stake. Forever Hooligans are only a couple months removed from a lengthy IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship run, challenging for the titles as recently as last week, in a losing effort to Alex Shelley and Kushida, The Time Splitters.

030213tvtitle.jpg

ROH World Television Championship
Adam Cole (c) vs. Matt Taven

Matt Taven overcame six other men to capture the 2013 Top Prospect Tournament, a tournament which has brought names such as Michael Elgin, Mike Bennett, and the ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole to Ring of Honor themselves. Now Taven picks up his prize as he challenges Adam Cole for the ROH World TV Championship and hopes to make an instant impact in Ring of Honor.

If Cole can survive then he will defend the ROH World TV Championship against rival Matt Hardy two weeks on ROH Wrestling TV, however if he is to lose the title he will face Hardy in a non-title contest. Taven has a man in his corner as Truth Martini takes interest, attempting to acquire new talent with the disintegration of the House of Truth.

11thelginvsroddy.jpg

2 Out of 3 Falls
Michael Elgin vs. Roderick Strong

At Final Battle it took a low blow and distraction from Truth Martini for Roderick Strong to pick up the victory over Michael Elgin, but moments after the match had culminated Strong and Elgin both departed the House of Truth, making it known they wanted no part in Truth's plans and that they were now looking out solely for number one.

At the 11th Anniversary Show, Elgin and Strong will do battle in a match which will exhibit both mens toughness, stamina and wrestling prowess in a 2 Out of 3 Falls match. Strong and Elgin have been at one anothers throats for months, both in and out of the House of Truth. Something will give, someone will leave the deserving winner.

[YOUTUBE]_uUZ1S_ICCM[/YOUTUBE]

11thhaasvswhitmer.jpg

No Holds Barred
Charlie Haas vs. BJ Whitmer

At Final Battle, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team defeated Rhett Titus and BJ Whitmer, after Haas hit Whitmer with an Exploder Suplex from the top rope through a table, Whitmer landing on his head and almost suffering a serious injury in the process. Luck would have it Whitmer was just shaken, but he hasn't let go of that moment and now he is out to hurt Charlie Haas.

Two weeks ago Haas unexpectedly turned on Shelton Benjamin, disbanding Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team after three years in Ring of Honor. Now Haas is going it alone and the most hated man in Ring of Honor is out to make a statement at the expense of one of its most stalwart and historic names, BJ Whitmer.

[YOUTUBE]gpvZ-gMm6Ww[/YOUTUBE]

11thccvsscum.jpg

Grudge Match
Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs. SCUM

Steve Corino has promised that at the 11th Anniversary Show, by the end of the night SCUM will have grown and that Ring of Honor will be on its death bed. SCUM's attack on Ring of Honor began by Steen winning the promotions most prized possession, at times using it to get his way, threatening to keep it hostage if ROH officials didn't tender to his every need.

Now, Steen seems to be more focused on Lethal, but Steve Corino has stepped forward and is leading the charge to kill Ring of Honor. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander have stood in SCUM's way and are not willinf to let Corino and Jacobs have their way with ROH.

PLUS!

sixway11thanniversary.jpg

Six Man Mayhem
Mike Sydal vs. ACH vs. Adam Page vs. Silas Young vs. TaDarius Thomas vs. QT Marshall

Despite coming up short in the ROH Top Prospect Tournament, these six men will get a second chance to shine on iPay-Per-View when they meet in a Six Man Mayhem match with the goal being to impress Ring of Honor officials enough in-order to gain a spot on the ROH roster.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SHOW BEGINS 8PM EST/1AM GMT

Come celebrate Ring of Honor's 11th birthday on iPay-Per-View.
Live from the Frontier Fieldhouse, Chicago, Illinois,
it can be ordered now at ROHWrestling.com

nJ28U_original_display_image.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looking forward to the internet PPV stream not working.

Anyone have a guess on who will be the new addition(s) to SCUM tonight?

Low Ki is reportedly done with both DGUSA and NJPW, and he fits the bill for SCUM and their motives. He may be a possibility. I'd throw Homicide in the discussion, but given he and Corino's past I doubt Corino would want to "hear" that.

Who else you guys got??

IPPV is ordered, let's hope it starts on time and stays inside of four hours...

Looking forward to the internet PPV stream not working.

This would be funny, had ROH not a) gone two consecutive pay-per-views without failure and b) make a large investment into the production of their show and iPay-Per-View stream.

Six months ago, I would have chuckled.

Low Ki is reportedly done with both DGUSA and NJPW, and he fits the bill for SCUM and their motives. He may be a possibility. I'd throw Homicide in the discussion, but given he and Corino's past I doubt Corino would want to "hear" that.

Not happening. Nigel McGuinness and Low Ki don't get on after Ki last walked out on the company.

I'm pumped for this show. The card looks great on paper. I'll jump in here when I get the chance, but I'm pulling double duty for ROHWorld writing up the live report and tweeting the results.

I'm pumped for this show. The card looks great on paper. I'll jump in here when I get the chance, but I'm pulling double duty for ROHWorld writing up the live report and tweeting the results.

I'm doing the same, pulling three jobs at one, tweeting from a sites Twitter account, writing a review and gonna keep some updates up in here.

Also, apologies for misinforming people on the bell time. It's actually 8:30EST, so its in just over 15 minutes.

Been ages since I've seen ROH. I'm more of a CHIKARA man these days.

Maybe I'll torrent it later. If it's good.

After an unusually good intro package, we start things off with six men mayhem. This is what I like about Ring of Honor, getting a look at the young guys in wrestling.

And the stream quality is excellent by the way.

Opening match between six guys who have the average age of 24 has been great. Fast paced, tones of high flying moves, some really good spots too - unneeded? Probably, but good nonetheless.

ACH picks up the victory after a good, fast paced opener between six guys who have bright futures in wrestling.

Up next, Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs versus Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander. SCUM make their way out to a great response.

Solid tag team match, Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs pick up the win after a Spike Piledriver. Lot of tag team maneuvers, great to see that at least in ROH and the indys tag team wrestling is still important.

Up next, Charlie Haas versus BJ Whitmer in a No Holds Barred match!

Until you've seen Charlie Haas in Ring of Honor you will never know what hes become. So much better than he was in WWE, fans eat out of his hands.

Extremely fun No Holds Barred match between Haas and Whitmer, tables were broken, chairs were used, baking treys, Haas with an Exploder Suplex from the top rope and finally Whitmer picks up the win via referee stoppage after an Exploder on Haas THROUGH a ladder and then he began raining down knees. Feud has only began.

Up next, Ring of Honor versus NJPW, American Wolves versus Forever Hooligans.

I would've loved to have seen some more "wrestling" in that match, but it was still fun.

The stoppage won't sit well with Haas though.

This match thus far has been great, but not what I expected. Davey Richards did a pelvic thrust, showing some personality which is odd but great to see. And Rocky Romero refusing the Code of Honor and to show that he's a "good guy" he hugged the referee, but theres been some great tag team wrestling again, love this.

Such an awesome tag team match!

American Wolves pick up the win after a Powerbomb/Top Rope Backcracker combination. Post-match Richards and Edwards shake Forever Hooligan's hand after a few seconds of hesitation. Romero and Richards hug. Fans chanted, "Please comeback!" Thank you NJPW for allowing Forever Hooligans come to ROH.

We're on intermission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back