Raw LD Thread (5-27-13)

If they're going to make so many nods and mentions to his lineage, why not call him "Joe Hennig." It's just a hair less generic than "Curtis Axel," and it gets the point across without having to reiterate who his father and granddad are.

I'm sure it's just a part of the plan to get him over, and it's not that big of a deal, but I just wish they had just called this guy Joe Hennig from the start.
It's all about name rights, his real name is Joe Henning so the WWE can't copyright that name. If he gets over with that and leaves, then TNA would be able to use it. It is all about name rights and having something that only you can profit on. Nobody but WWE can profit on Curtis Axel, TNA could profit on Joe Henning if he left.

If they're going to make so many nods and mentions to his lineage, why not call him "Joe Hennig." It's just a hair less generic than "Curtis Axel," and it gets the point across without having to reiterate who his father and granddad are.

I'm sure it's just a part of the plan to get him over, and it's not that big of a deal, but I just wish they had just called this guy Joe Hennig from the start.

From what I understand, it's because Vince is obsessed with owning every name out of fear that they'll take that name to some other company and make money there. instead of protecting his talent and making them want to stay, just give them weak names instead.

From what I understand, it's because Vince is obsessed with owning every name out of fear that they'll take that name to some other company and make money there. instead of protecting his talent and making them want to stay, just give them weak names instead.
I pretty much said this.

It's dead because #1 Raw sucks lately, #2 because most people just watch for CM Punk and #3 WWEs lack of stars couldn't be more evident right now.

I don't know who looks worse, Grizzly Michaels or Phantom Hart...

Shawn definitely gets the nod tonight. Usually it's Bret with his one-foot-in-the-grave expression and stringy hair, but he actually just looks like an older Bret Hart tonight. HBK, on the other hand, looks like he just got back from panning for gold in 1849. It's like his closet leads directly into a Cabela's or a Bass Pro Shop. The beard puts it over the top. You'd think somebody dared him to go on Raw looking as broke as possible, and he went all-out with it.

Shawn definitely gets the nod tonight. Usually it's Bret with his one-foot-in-the-grave expression and stringy hair, but he actually just looks like an older Bret Hart tonight. HBK, on the other hand, looks like he just got back from panning for gold in 1849. It's like his closet leads directly into a Cabela's or a Bass Pro Shop. The beard puts it over the top. You'd think somebody dared him to go on Raw looking as broke as possible, and he went all-out with it.

Michaels and broke being mentioned in the same thought reminds me of that awful storyline he had with JBL. Did you, or anyone else, like it ? I didn't but I always seem to be in the minority on the subject.

Would anyone mind if a meteor hit the ring so these four could never have another match against each other?

It's all about name rights, his real name is Joe Henning so the WWE can't copyright that name. If he gets over with that and leaves, then TNA would be able to use it. It is all about name rights and having something that only you can profit on. Nobody but WWE can profit on Curtis Axel, TNA could profit on Joe Henning if he left.

I pretty much said this.

Thanks gents. Yeah I've heard that before, but I may never stop questioning the practice, especially when the given name is better than the ring name. Maybe somebody crunched the numbers and realized that if they owned John Cena's name, they'd be making significantly more off of him.

I like the HBK/JBL feud. I remember when everyone was afraid it might lead to a match at Wrestlemania 25 and everyone was sweating.

Cena calls his spots too loud. Nothing new, but damn dude, your co-workers aren't deaf.

EDIT:
Man, I remember when kicking out of The Perfect Plex would have the announcers losing their minds. The good ol' days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back