Q&A With Yaz

Should Spidey get another bottle of wine?

Spidey should get all the wine.

Seriously though, top 5 things you're enjoying fed wise since you've left.

In no real order.
1) Cooper's turn and VI
2) Titus counting his days as champ
3) The midcard has really been competitive
D) Tyrone and his guerilla warfare
$) Flex

- Since the top spot is never in doubt, who is the second best WZCW wrestler of all time?
- Who would you put into the WZCW Hall of Fame that isn't already in there?
- The Elite title has had a lot of champions since Eve dropped the belt while Titus has held the Eurasian for nearly 600 days. What's better for the fed?
- What's something you'd like to see on the 10 year anniversary show?

- Justin Cooper, as if you had to ask
- That is a good question. One on hand, the title changing hands a lot makes it look like the division is competitive. On the other hand, Titus having the belt for so long really makes him look like a top. He truly has turned the EA title into what the IC title used to be in WWF/E, the worker's title.
- I'm really wanting to see the returns. That is what I'm looking forward to most.

Your favorite heel/face turn in WZCW history?

Titus to heel was great. Cooper's recent turn was very good too. I'm trying to think of a really great face turn. I'll have to get back to you.

Should I get another bottle of wine?

You should get all the wine.

Titus to heel was great. Cooper's recent turn was very good too. I'm trying to think of a really great face turn. I'll have to get back to you.

Ty Burna turning on his Dark Alliance ally Vengeance to save his arch rival Showtime to a roar of cheers. Not that I'm biased ;).

Ty Burna turning on his Dark Alliance ally Vengeance to save his arch rival Showtime to a roar of cheers. Not that I'm biased ;).

I did consider the Ty Burna/ECD team, but I felt it wasn't a true turn, more of just Ty coming back and he just so happened to be a face.

I think though that if you were to go back and rank the top ten face turns, Ty Burna would be on that list and probably more than once. It's kind of like Triple H. He will always be remembered for his very good heel work, but there were a couple of very solid face runs mixed in there. Hell, you even have that gold shovel ;)

How does it feel to be a veteran? And a former creative member? Weird, isn't it?

It really is. It took me a while to truly settle back into the role of just a fan. For so long I had the mod powers in the section, I knew all the results days before everyone else, I helped shape everything that went on. It's nice to be able to sit back and be surprised after being on the other side for so long.

It's also a nice feeling to be able to be viewed as a veteran. This may sound a bit weird and come off as me being whiney, but despite all the accolades I had and all the time I spent putting into making WZCW happen, I never felt....well I don't want to say appreciated, but I guess celebrated would be a better word. I put in over five straight years with one character with no breaks. Only a few guys can say they went longer, like Killjoy who has been going for nine hundred and seventy two years. Because I was always around I feel like I was in a way taken for granted. You see all the praise and the chorus of compliments guys get when they step away, but rarely do active guys get that. Maybe a bit of jealousy on my end, but I felt slighted. It wasn't until circumstances beyond my control forced me out that I felt appreciated. I'm not going to sit here and argue that Mikey deserves to be on the WZCW Mt. Rushmore, but I never felt like guys truly looked at Mikey as great until he was gone. I know it all sounds sort of like sour grapes, but I do think it's common to not view guys, even in real life sports, as all time greats until they retire, so I think that is what happens here. It isn't until a guy steps away and you see and feel his absence do you miss him and his contributions.

That's all a moot point though, as I'm plotting the epic comeback.

Reactions: Lee
Is Ty still the greatest wrestler in WZCW history?

Yes. I truly believe that if the fed died tomorrow, or if it managed to survive fifty more years when most of us will be old and largely unable to type coherent sentences, Ty will always be the greatest.

It isn't just accolades either. Now you can make a case that on accolades alone, Ty Burna is in the running. It's when you see the behind the scenes stuff that his greatness truly shines.

We all know he went a year undefeated, we all know he famously screwed up the AoC vs WZCW storyline by winning the damn Lethal Lottery, we all know he is and likely will be the only man ever to win the tag titles by himself. What most people don't know is how consistently Ty Burna brought the big fight. WWE likes to talk about Big Match John, and they are true in that. Ty Burna is every bit that and more. It didn't matter if it was the main event of KC or a curtain jerking match on Aftershock (though I'm not sure Ty ever wrestled on that show) Ty always brought the fight. Even when Ty would admit to half adding an RP due to illness or time constraint, his efforts would usually beat a good 75% of the RPs that round. I remember one time Ty had sent me a PM saying there was a bit of a computer issue at his work and he was having to fix it and wouldn't be able to work on his RP until about an hour before the deadline. I told him it wasn't a big deal, and thanked him for the heads up. I expected a shaving RP, but I got about a two thousand word piece that he had worked out in maybe an hour.

Then there were the losses. I had the privilege of eliminating Ty Burna from the Lethal Lottery once, it was a huge shock moment and it helped kickstart an underrated feud and match between us. I beat him in a tag match once as well thanks almost completely to Killjoy. I never got a clean 1v1 win against him. Few people can claim that honor. A handful of those who do hold that honor, hold it because Ty wanted to put them over. Getting a rub from Ty is one of the fed's great honors and while those who have gotten it have gotten various degrees of success (Hello White Knight KO) most guys go on to at least get a shot at something big. The running joke between Ty and I is that I used to be scared of him and was forced to clean his office. That fear came because Ty was so damn good, that the thought of approaching him terrified me. I would later learn that Ty was very methodical and while he damn sure wanted to win each chance he got, he would be willing to lay down if it meant the story would be better. I think most of us who have been on creative have had at least one instance where we decided to do the job for the betterment of the storyline. Ty had no issue with not only doing this, but also laying down in an attempt to build guys up.

My point is, he had and still has the pure talent to be the GOAT, but it's his selfless side that truly puts him above the rest.

That said, one day we need a proper Ty vs. Titus program ans Titus is definitely in the WZCW top five and the only guy in my top 5 list that never truly crossed paths with him.

Who is your Top 5?

Also, I believe Showtime Cougar, and to a lesser extent Matt Tastic, have great cases to being given the #1 best wrestler of all time; you can easily argue for either man.

I do think you can argue for any of the guys in my top 5, but I stand by Ty as the ace.

Obviously I have Ty at the top. I hate true rankings though, so the next four are more or less interchangeable.

Showtime
Titus
Tastic
Everest

Okay, I lied a little. If I were to make the WZCW Mt. Rushmore, I'd put Ty, Show, Titus, and Tastic as the four, so I guess they are a bit higher than Everest. I know that Everest was the first guy we put into the Hall, I feel like one of the things that is overlooked is that he didn't age well. The end of his run was lackluster, with a lot of no shows and low efforts. Now I don't know the story behind the end of his run, but it doesn't look good and paints a tiny black mark on his great career.

Showtime, the man and the character, was in my opinion the first mega star in WZCW. He won the Grand Slam, had his own talk show, countless fun feuds, KC main events, Lethal Lottery win. I'm kayfabing a bit here, but his gimmick was such a great fit for WZCW and it's a big reason I consider him the first mega star. He had success as a face and heel, all over the card. He deserves his face on the side of the mountain. That isn't even counting his creative work. Show was an established veteran both as an RPer and a creative member when I turned up on the team. At the time I was a middling tag team RPer who only got a spot on creative because Falk and I were clopping behind the dumpster out back. True story. Show didn't have to give me the time of the day, but he sent me a PM telling me if I needed anything to ask him and basically told me the unwritten rules of the back room. Made my transition very easy and to this day I believe his advice helped me stay on as long as I did. Plus, my first match against him allowed me to write one of my favorite RPs, where Mikey went on Fallon and broke his arm in an arm wrestling match.

Titus, who you could argue has a claim to being the first mega star, needs his face there as well. We all know that Lee put the entire fed on his back. It only seems fitting that Titus allowed WZCW to be built off his back. If you cut out his EA run, Titus is still a damn legend and likely the best pure face of all time, but the EA title run only solidifies Titus as one of the best ever. Think about it, Lee was adimant that Titus was forever going to be a great hero. He makes a hyped return, the hero all the children looked up to was coming back to be a literal superhero. Then a couple of kicks to the dick later, and Titus rockets to one of the hottest heels ever. He paryalyed that into the longest and arguably greatest title reign in fed history. All that is great, but I will tel you why Lee is a bonified legend. His idea to turn heel was a great pitch, but by admission, we fumbled it a bit. The dick kicking and low blows were never part of the pitch and Lee wasn't happy at first, but he rolled with it and it became a key part of getting Titus over as a heel. Instead of throwing his toys out of the crib, he turned chicken shit to chicken salad. Plus my guy and I have had a fair share of funny chats on Facebook, so too guy in my book.

Matt Tastic smells like a Taco Bell fart. Those could literally carve rock, so he gets his face up there.

I can't argue about those four names being the Mount Rushmore of WZCW. Titus represents the old era. Showtime and Ty Burna represent the Golden Age. Matt Tastic represents the current generation.

Everest was a high point during a bad era. After losing the title to Titus after KC, Everest became a staple veteran for a while (churning out solid RP's), and then slowly faded. I think the current landscape outgrew Everest.

Also, did you have to mention the clopping? I thought we kept that secret? Or do we have that classified document rule where we tell all after a certain time frame? Either way, if Mikey/Eve continue, I'm sure we would have wrote a clopping RP somewhere.

As a former employee the only way to stay relevant is to start shooting brother.

I agree about the fed passing Everest by. While he was a good RPer, he never really adjusted to the changing RP style. I don't mean it as a slight to a man who is a bonified legend, but what exactly was Everest's gimmick? You don't need a good gimmick to succeed in WZCW, but look at the nine guys in the Hall of Fame. Vengeance had a short run but was a super unique gimmick and basically evil incarnate. Titus was an actor and superhero. Showtime was a talk show host. Ty Burna was a few things, but mostly he was an evil semi occultist with mystical powers. Steamboat Ricky was a pirate and a short time spokesman of a nutritional company. Matt Tastic has been a bit of a chameleon who adapted to a lot of gimmicks and roles. Big Will and Big Dave were both a bit generic, but as least they were big. We have used the term, The Lee Method in the past to describe a paint by numbers RP style that ticks all the boxes that people tend to think creative looks for. I think calling that method the Everest Method or the Michigan Method would be more apt. Lee may have once used that style, but you aren't gonna write the "What is a hero?" RP if you are just trying to tick boxes.

What about a top five faces and top five heel ranking? Curious especially to see how high up Theron was on the face side in your opinion.

Also, is there anything in particular you'd want to see from the Lynx character?

I'll try to come up with the lists sometime today. Girlfriend is making me help clean the apartment, so yay!

As far as Lynx goes, so far I like him. I'm not gonna go so far as to say I love him, but I definitely want to take him to the movies and try to do the yawn and stretch and put my arm around him.

The thing with Theron is that he had success, but I think it's fair to say toward the end, you struggled a bit. No need to bring up the talks we had in the back, but with Theron it felt like he 100% had to be a good guy with little wiggle room. Lynx is a face and a fun one, but I could see him as a heel. Just imagine an evil time traveler who does things like bet on sports events he knew the outcome to and used it to get rich. He could make bets with people on events he knew the outcome to and force people into bad spots. There is potential there is what I'm saying. Anyway, so far I think you are still in the backstory phase so I'm not really sure what exactly I want to see until you flesh out the character more. Obviously you are having some success in Gold Rush, but I eagerly await for first long term feud. I think once that comes around it will help you push Lynx in the direction you wanna go. Above all, there are some genuine funny moments from what I've seen/read. It shows you can do more than write Theron's fantasy world, which is important because it shows versatility in your writing.

Was there any moment when you felt that "Nah. I just can't continue with Mikey"? If yes, how did you move over it?

Thoughts about Xaitlyn's short career and how it ended? And how it's restarted, thanks to Franku.

Any pros or cons regarding Yemrez Reqonıc so far?

Also, was I ever on the verge of getting thrown outta WZCW during Xaitlyn? I don't know why but I felt so!

Who would Mikey Stormrage would like to take on? Vee A.D.Z or Vlad?

Which character fascinates you between Vee and Vlad?

So there have been a few times where I hit a wall and was close to walking away with Mikey. The first happened after my second RP. I had never been in an e-fed before. I'd never even heard of them until about a week before I signed up. I took a few days to craft a very rough version of Mikey that I applied with. There were a fair number of bumps in the road during this first few RPs. My biggest issue wasn't that I lost a quick match and then didn't get chosen for an open challenge at Lethal Lottery for the Mayhem Title, Ace Stevens who was great got the call and beat Justin Pooper that night, but I was absolutely afraid of reaching out to people for advice and stuff. Thankfully, Shotaro reached out to me and after a few days of getting to know each other Strikeforce was born and many debates were had by Prophet about their true place in tag team history.

The second time I hit a wall was at Gold Rush a few years back. It was my first exposure to the main event, and I was in over my head in the feud. Mikey was essentially a comedy sidekick being thrown into a feud with Ty Burna, Constantine, and Matt Tastic. Now Killjoy and I weren't officially Live Mas yet, but we had been working on some ideas. The decision to add me to that feud and the eventual Hell in a Cell at Gold Rush that year came very late. I was very unprepared and couldn't come up with much. We decided to go with an injury angle after Ty and Mikey recreated King of the Ring 1998 and Ty threw Mikey off the cell. I wanted to do it to build a bit of sympathy for Mikey to build for the future. He was still on TV, but he didn't wrestle for a couple of shows while I tried out my alternate character, Oleg Rasputin. He was awful, don't look him up. The problem I had was that Oleg was a serious character, a complete 180 from what Mikey was about to become. Dave and I formed a team with Oleg and his Russian character Victor Makarov, and we had a one off title match against Cerberus. Now Spidey really enjoyed the feud and expressed interest in continuing it, but I had planned on Mikey's return at the same PPV. I wrote the Oleg RP and just felt drained so I scrambled to come up with something for Miley's return RP. At the last minute I made the call to just go maximum goofy and have him wrestle a bear. Me and Spidey are buds so I didn't want to slight him, but there was no way I could write two characters at once. My own personal experiences writing two guys at once is why I pushed to limit guys to one character. Anyway, I debated if I should use Mikey to put over a new star and shelve him for a bit or to just walk away from the dumpster fire that was Oleg. In retrospect I made the right call dumping the big Russian, but it wasn't easy.

My last run before stepping away was honestly a real chore, which is odd because I ended up winning more often than not. A lot of guys who have been World Champ will tell you that capturing the title is easy, defending it is the hard part. They are 100% spot on. When I won the title the first time, I was over the moon. The problem was that Mikey's journey from comedic sidekick to legit Kingdom Come main eventer was basically complete. I was desperate for ideas, do in no small part to my declining mental health. I remember I had a match with Vee the round after I beat Constantine to win the title. I literally wrote Mikey going to the dentist to fix his teeth after Consty busted him up, having Mikey react badly to laughing gas, and ending the RP with Mikey taking a piss out a window. I should not have won that match. While I guess it's true I was still writing at a main event level with whatever stupid idea I decided to throw at the wall, the ideas were very very stupid. Jump forward a few cycles to KC and I literally had no idea what to write about. Prophet and I had been in constant contact the minute the Lethal Lottery results came in and we build a damn good feud. Prophet did a lot of the leg work though. I was just out of viable ideas. So in the end I came up with the RP idea for KC the day of the deadline. I don't even remember what I wrote about. I knew a character reboot was going to be coming soon, but I didn't know what to do. I knew what my post KC plans were going to be, but real life kicked my ass hard. I'm not going to give the plans away because they may still happen. Stay tuned.

As far as how I got over those, a lot of it was just trying really really hard to come up with fresh ideas. I think of a lot of ideas when I'm doing stuff away from the forums. Sometimes I'll jot down some notes on my phone and piece them together later.

As far as Xaitlyn goes, I'll be honest, it wasn't good. It was borderline awful. Xaitlyn had no clear character, she had motives that were all over the board, the no theme music made no sense, and her pairing with Tony was rather forced and had plenty of jagged edges. If I'm being honest I don't like what Milenko is doing. Tony was doing okay as a heel and building okay momentum. The mafia character makes no sense as a face and I stand by that. It feels like, for unknown reasons, Milenko is trying so desperately to get Tony over as a face, and build sympathy for him. Despite my steadfast belief that the mafia character has to be a heel, this is wrestling so there is a way to get everyone over as a face and heel. There is a redemption story that could be told, but I personally don't think it's being told well. I don't mean this as a slight to Milenko, because I'm not in his head and I don't know what his long term plans are, but I feel like he is trying to shoehorn his personal beliefs into his RPs, and it's all coming off as super heavy handed.

As far as the new character, it's an improvement over Xaitlyn. For one, it's an actual character. For two, she has theme music. For three, the RPs make some sense. Like I said, it's better. With the MMA/amateur star/legit athlete gimmick you have to eventually give them a personality or they will flounder. She is new, so no need to rush that.

Also, was I ever on the verge of getting thrown outta WZCW during Xaitlyn? I don't know why but I felt so!

While we were often confused by your RPs and the requests you made, you followed the rules and didn't start shit, so while we may have joked about you in the back, I don't recall us ever considering kicking you out.

Who would Mikey Stormrage would like to take on? Vee A.D.Z or Vlad?

Which character fascinates you between Vee and Vlad?

I'm not as familiar with Vlad right now. As I said above, when Mikey and Vee faced off, I have no idea how I won. It was a dumb RP on my end. I definitely owe you a rematch down the road. I think despite some of the struggles there is still life to Vee as both a face and heel. The hearing voices stuff wasn't good, but you are determined and that's important. So for now, I'm gonna have to go with Vee and being more interesting.

I'm not as familiar with Vlad right now. As I said above, when Mikey and Vee faced off, I have no idea how I won. It was a dumb RP on my end. I definitely owe you a rematch down the road. I think despite some of the struggles there is still life to Vee as both a face and heel. The hearing voices stuff wasn't good, but you are determined and that's important. So for now, I'm gonna have to go with Vee and being more interesting.

I remember that match and I remember ranted about how that match was written. I can recall the match had been written by a guy who isn't a part of the fed. I seriously was frustrated by that match. Because I thought I had a good chance of winning but I honestly didn't want to win because i reckoned that'll dampen the momentum of Mikey since he won the championship the previous round. But Vee was thrown around the ring like a rag doll and Mikey won comfortably. I saw that as a glorified squash match.

Seriously, you owe me a rematch when you return to the fed. Moreover I always wanted to face the likes of Mikey and Constantine in one on one contests. I've been in fed for two years and haven't faced Flex, Constantine, Eve Taylor and Matt Tastic (Aside from the Gold Rush draw last year). Mikey always is second of the list the guys I want to face, next to Constantine.

I remember that match and I remember ranted about how that match was written. I can recall the match had been written by a guy who isn't a part of the fed. I seriously was frustrated by that match. Because I thought I had a good chance of winning but I honestly didn't want to win because i reckoned that'll dampen the momentum of Mikey since he won the championship the previous round. But Vee was thrown around the ring like a rag doll and Mikey won comfortably. I saw that as a glorified squash match.

Seriously, you owe me a rematch when you return to the fed. Moreover I always wanted to face the likes of Mikey and Constantine in one on one contests. I've been in fed for two years and haven't faced Flex, Constantine, Eve Taylor and Matt Tastic (Aside from the Gold Rush draw last year). Mikey always is second of the list the guys I want to face, next to Constantine.

There was a period when I first joined up that I tried to get Mikey over as an underrated striker because he took martial arts as a kid because he was being bullied. I think a hard hitting match between Vee and Mikey could have brought that back a bit and would have been fun.

When I come back there are some matches and feuds that could happen. Hell Mikey may actually have a proper heel run.

The thing with Theron is that he had success, but I think it's fair to say toward the end, you struggled a bit. No need to bring up the talks we had in the back, but with Theron it felt like he 100% had to be a good guy with little wiggle room. Lynx is a face and a fun one, but I could see him as a heel. Just imagine an evil time traveler who does things like bet on sports events he knew the outcome to and used it to get rich. He could make bets with people on events he knew the outcome to and force people into bad spots. There is potential there is what I'm saying. Anyway, so far I think you are still in the backstory phase so I'm not really sure what exactly I want to see until you flesh out the character more. Obviously you are having some success in Gold Rush, but I eagerly await for first long term feud. I think once that comes around it will help you push Lynx in the direction you wanna go. Above all, there are some genuine funny moments from what I've seen/read. It shows you can do more than write Theron's fantasy world, which is important because it shows versatility in your writing.

Yeah everything after last year's Gold Rush was very much a struggle. It wasn't fun anymore considering that I genuinely hated the perspective shift I had to do from quests and gladiatorial combat to the "real" setting I had during last few cycles although you already know about the mixed feelings I have regarding my work in the RP's from those cycles, from the talks we had in the back. Longterm I do want to bring Theron back at some point. He would still be a face but there would be no Theronism's and no Tiffany, without going into further details. I don't know if what I ultimately wanted to do with him would interest all of you guys though. Your comment about Milenko bringing personal beliefs into his writing further proves that concern. I did that with Theron and it's part of why he's never turning. With Lynx I have a lot more freedom to just goof around. I'm still figuring him out overall, but unlike Theron I could turn him if it came to it. Just not sure what my main end-goal with Lynx would be yet, or how long I'll be writing him since he's a temporary character. I'm having fun though, much more than I had with Theron during the Kingdom Come 7 to Kingdom Come 8 season, to say the least.

Mikey is the one feud that I truly want for evil Flex. No question, just a statement.

That feud would have been a license to print money. The evil fitness obsessed healthiest man alive vs. the lovable nerdy tub of lard. It's writes itself. It's the type of feud where we could do so much. It's pretty high on my to do list when I come back.

When I was considering post KC programs, I was giving a lot of thought to Flex, but you more than deserved that number one contender feud.

Yeah everything after last year's Gold Rush was very much a struggle. It wasn't fun anymore considering that I genuinely hated the perspective shift I had to do from quests and gladiatorial combat to the "real" setting I had during last few cycles although you already know about the mixed feelings I have regarding my work in the RP's from those cycles, from the talks we had in the back. Longterm I do want to bring Theron back at some point. He would still be a face but there would be no Theronism's and no Tiffany, without going into further details. I don't know if what I ultimately wanted to do with him would interest all of you guys though. Your comment about Milenko bringing personal beliefs into his writing further proves that concern. I did that with Theron and it's part of why he's never turning. With Lynx I have a lot more freedom to just goof around. I'm still figuring him out overall, but unlike Theron I could turn him if it came to it. Just not sure what my main end-goal with Lynx would be yet, or how long I'll be writing him since he's a temporary character. I'm having fun though, much more than I had with Theron during the Kingdom Come 7 to Kingdom Come 8 season, to say the least.

Making sure you are having fun is the most important thing. Do you remember Mikey's heel turn by chance? I admit it was really weird, and some people disliked it. Ty told me he liked it though, so I'd say it was middling. It didn't last long, but if you don't remember it the basic story is Strikeforce was splitting up and Howard and Mikey were set to fight. Everyone thought that Howard was going to be the heel, so Shotaro and I wanted to swerve people. For reasons I don't completely remember, White Knight Chris KO was added into the feud. KO was EA Champ, so there was a triple threat. Howard pinned Mikey to win the title and it set the heel turn up. Mikey wore a mask, was kind of creepy, sort of stalked the Howard family, before he turned back to face during an I Quit match.

Anyway, my point is that even though it didn't last super long and was middling, I had fun writing those RPs. So long as you are having fun, then that's all that matters.

As far as putting your beliefs into your RPs, like I said, you should focus on writing stuff that entertains you. Let me clarify my position on Milenko's religious views in his RPs. I don't dislike it because I'm non religious, I dislike it because to me it felt very unnatural. It's like he woke up one day and said, Tony should talk about Jesus a lot and be a face. I don't mean that as disrespect, it just feels so forced. I get that Milenko is proud of his beliefs, but I get this feeling that he thinks up his RPs and then asks "how can I put my beliefs in here?" Nothing is worse than something that feels forced or shoehorned in an RP. There is potential for Tony to evolve and it feel more natural. Gotta take it slow.

So with Kagura's long and overarching book saga coming to a close, what do you feel were some of the high and low points of the story arc? Anything that could have been improved upon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back