Q & A with the lemmings

Miko

WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?
Admit it, we all or most of us want to make one of these now, so this is for everybody that hasn't yet but secretly wants to. Feel free to ask questions regarding the fed or not, I am not particularly bothered. I'll guarantee to answer any you do so feel free to personalise a few towards me (the answers will at least be as bluntly honest as I can be) and hopefully as more people join in answering you can do the same to them.

Let the inevitable less than five responses commence.

You seem very -- what's the word -- uncaring about your character's plight in the Fed. Perhaps "easy-going" would be a better description. SHIT seems to move around the card a lot and, ultimately, always ends up in the same upper mid card spot as a result. To my knowledge, you've never had a one-on-one title shot either.

My question is this, how content are you with SHIT's place in the Fed? How aspirational are you when it comes to the character? And, lastly, what's more important, becoming a successful character with many title reigns. Or just having fun and developing the character

I'll be a lemming too. I've been around for a long time and used to be on Creative, so I like to pretend to know stuff.

Барбоса;4322887 said:
Why are you so great?

A very difficult way to start. Good genetics coupled with being raised on cups of tea. If I appear to have a high opinion of myself I really couldn't justify it though.

You seem very -- what's the word -- uncaring about your character's plight in the Fed. Perhaps "easy-going" would be a better description. SHIT seems to move around the card a lot and, ultimately, always ends up in the same upper mid card spot as a result. To my knowledge, you've never had a one-on-one title shot either.

My question is this, how content are you with SHIT's place in the Fed?

Part of me enjoys being a utility man, I am pretty arrogant in that I think I can beat anybody when I am on and maintain a good enough level of consistency to remain at the top, but I like the fact that I can conceivably beat Main Eventers but wouldn't look out of place fighting rookies. As far as being bounced around the card and not advancing because of it, I don't think that I am a particularly easy character to book and I am sure a lot of people wouldn't be overly fond of a man in a cardboard box in the Main Event scene.

You are also correct in that I haven't had a one on one title match, multi man for the Mayhem Title when I was only just starting to get into it, and multi man for the World Title. I had to qualify for the latter and concentrated my RP on that, I wasn't particularly happy that I did have to qualify because me and Celeste were on fire and I thought at the time there were people weaker than us facing each other to qualify as well. I'd have loved to have won the whole thing though, don't get me wrong. For the most part I think its circumstance, I've either been doing other peoples dirty work or tied up with Barbosa and now Empire. Plus my recent run, whatever my thoughts on whether I should've won or lost, doesn't warrant a title match.

How aspirational are you when it comes to the character?

Not sure, so long as I am enjoying myself I am happy, if I knew in advance that I was going to lose every match and that I was an enhancement talent I'd still be RP'ing like I do now. That said, I'll snatch at half a chance to go to the next level.

And, lastly, what's more important, becoming a successful character with many title reigns. Or just having fun and developing the character

The second, without a shadow of a doubt. I could RP to win, I reckon I'd be fucking good if I did and more successful than I am now, but it'd be boring. If you can write good character development and storylines, do so, and if you can't, well try. What wins and whats popular aren't generally the same, the EOY awards kind of confirmed that for me, I'd rather have a character and write RP's that if I left for 6 months and then came back unannounced people would go ape shit as opposed to a former World Champ who is almost unanimously considered boring and only has the appreciation of WZCW's fictional crowd, it's all validation though, so I won't pretend like its any more noble.

But for me, character development and fun, a long time ago someone mentioned creative telling people where they went wrong and how they can win next time, an idea I hate because its conforming.

I'll be a lemming too. I've been around for a long time and used to be on Creative, so I like to pretend to know stuff.

Welcome aboard. There's stuff to answer here already.

What do you think of the Smith character and me as an RP'er?

Oh boy, the biggest criticism of Sam Smith is that he was boring. I completely agreed. Your stint as TLT raised your stock in my eyes, you showed at least that you were willing to go for it, so when Smith came back I was a bit dissapointed and generally agreed with Phatso when he criticised your return RP. Now, well, is it Rush's hand in your work that helps? I like Rush and you are a lot better with him in your corner, I read your RP against XXX and thought you deserved to win, I won't lie and say that your somebody I check out every week, but at least you are stepping into the right area in my eyes.

In your eyes, what makes an entertaining RP?

Tough one, an entertaining character is the only non-variable as far as I am concerned. Apart from that, its about pushing your character in a direction and making it so that people want to read, which is entirely on you. Anything that leaves me annoyed that it ended and leaves me wanting more. I don't do feedback because I feel I am the least helpful person in the World in that sense.

Have you ever thought about doing a storyline where S.H.I.T. changes out his cardboard box for different material?

Do you think that a Hardcore Cardboard Match would work?

What do you think of the Smith character and me as an RP'er?

This is fun because I'm taking a break from giving you feedback to answer this. Sam is interesting because you've done a good job to give the character depth. There is much more to him than just his gimmick, and that gives you a lot of room to RP. He has been boring at different times during your run, but he is one of my current favorites.

As an RPer, you've done a great job of balancing character development and the in-ring stuff. You always move Sam forward, but very rarely ignore your match. There is some occasional inconsistency, but as a reader, I'm almost always guaranteed a solid at worst RP.

In your eyes, what makes an entertaining RP?

I'm going to bullet list this as they come to me.

- I say this a lot in my feedback, even though I haven't always been the best at it: character development. Teach us something new about your character. Play up your gimmick. Do something where I can tell who the RP is for without any names.
- This may not come as a surprise, but I loathe long RPs. They were the bane of my existence on Creative. They can be done really well, as Ty and Show have shown, to name two. However, most of the time, you can get the same point across with half as many words. I know mine often leave stuff out, but I'd rather leave stuff out than put too much in.
- I'm not a huge fan of interview RPs. Don't get me wrong, they can be very well done. It just seems that most of the time the same thing can get accomplished more effectively with a monologue or some other third party, like a character's NPC. Mind you, that's probably not an opinion that many people share, but it's one I've had for a while.

Usual question about Alhazred and my RPs.

Should Sexton Tempest and Facecrush form a team at the next All-Stars? Or would there be too much fear that every woman in the arena would leave impregnated ?

Who's your favorite basketball player currently and all time?

Have you ever thought about doing a storyline where S.H.I.T. changes out his cardboard box for different material?

Not as yet, plus I cant think of anything I'd replace the cardboard with.. I mean, metal would be a bit silly. I suppose S.H.I.T wrapping itself in barb wire before a barb wire match might work.

Do you think that a Hardcore Cardboard Match would work?

Think I'd need to know what that is to pass judgement.

Usual question about Alhazred and my RPs.

Erm, I fucking love both. But you knew that already. Alhazred's wicked and I hope I am not infringing on your gimmick at the moment with my RP's. You just seemed to be in that place where there is a line you cant cross and it was starting to show, I thought you'd abandoned the search for Missy too soon in favour of more traditional RP's, but I think I was wrong because of your excellent use of Mister. In fact, truth be told, what with the borderline face turn, Mister keeping Missy away from you and all the rest you've got going on I've never enjoyed Alhazred more, even during the Technology Of Chaos days.

Should Sexton Tempest and Facecrush form a team at the next All-Stars? Or would there be too much fear that every woman in the arena would leave impregnated ?

Oh yes they should, against Fairy Glitter Armageddon. "Sure, there are a lot of members on the roster, some of them are pretty big. In fact, I'd say you've must've handled some pretty big members, but have you handled anything like this?" *Disrobes to reveal rock hard erection.*

Who's your favorite basketball player currently and all time?

OJ Simpson, on both counts.

Erm, I fucking love both. But you knew that already. Alhazred's wicked and I hope I am not infringing on your gimmick at the moment with my RP's. You just seemed to be in that place where there is a line you cant cross and it was starting to show, I thought you'd abandoned the search for Missy too soon in favour of more traditional RP's, but I think I was wrong because of your excellent use of Mister. In fact, truth be told, what with the borderline face turn, Mister keeping Missy away from you and all the rest you've got going on I've never enjoyed Alhazred more, even during the Technology Of Chaos days.

Here I was thinking I'm the only one paying attention to the story in my RPs. I hadn't planned on revealing Mister as the culprit so early on but the way I planned it, I think it would have moved too slow overall for people to keep caring. But yeah, appreciate the compliments, SHIT is up there with Barbosa as my favorite character so it means a lot coming from you. <3

Oh yes they should, against Fairy Glitter Armageddon. "Sure, there are a lot of members on the roster, some of them are pretty big. In fact, I'd say you've must've handled some pretty big members, but have you handled anything like this?" *Disrobes to reveal throbbing, enormous, rock hard erection.*

OJ Simpson, on both counts.

His follow through was deadly.

Seems everyone else wants their own thread instead of joining forces, well, I am not Ty or Doc but I'll power through.

To any and all:

Thoughts on Holmes as a character and myself as an RPer?

Steven Holmes, the elite, first, I still maintain that Steven Moriarty would've been an excellent name. Second, its not a new gimmick in pro-wrestling, but so few are as there is only so much that can work, it is a gimmick, which is good and if you are going to redo a gimmick it might as well be one as dependable as the rich aristocrat. I didn't like his descent into insanity, Barbosa said it was done better by Showtime and himself, I never saw Showtime's but I can agree that Barbosa's was better and it seemed like a desperate attempt to flesh him out as a character. You're best stuff comes as a rich, eccentric and dangerous man.

Second, you more or less show why I will always prefer Terry Pratchett to George R.R Martin or Tolkien, the latter especially gets so wrapped up in descriptions of the mundane that he spends more time doing that than telling a story, the battle of Helms Deep is half a page long, the descriptions of how regal the Elves are drags like a motherfucker. Pratchett can leave stuff to the imagination without describing just how much CC of spittle has left somebodies mouth and has managed to create a world loved by millions. You get caught up in the wordy descriptions and I think sometimes its over done, kind of like the crowd reactions to certain people in WZCW, "pure unbridled hatred," that sort of thing. I've said it before, Holmes is a beast, and you might not want to change your style on my account, but its too much for me sometimes.

Favourite feud/match/moment not involving your character(s)?

Either Barbosa vs Ty in the Cell, which was a completion of a long journey for Barbosa and I am glad it was found time for in amongst all of Ty's other commitments. Action Saxton vs Saboteur at Kingdom Come was a goliath match for me as well, genuinely cared about the outcome for both of those, there are probably more and I'll add them as I think of them.

Think of every item made of cardboard. A cardboard chair, table, ladder, and etc. Really the question was a bit random, but yeah. :/

Kinda obvious really lol. Maybe as a joke match in All Stars.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Shut up. That's how much.

Here I was thinking I'm the only one paying attention to the story in my RPs. I hadn't planned on revealing Mister as the culprit so early on but the way I planned it, I think it would have moved too slow overall for people to keep caring. But yeah, appreciate the compliments, SHIT is up there with Barbosa as my favorite character so it means a lot coming from you. <3

Aww, no worries. I'll need a sample of Facecrush vs Fairy Glitter Armageddon before I let you go though.

His follow through was deadly.

Nordberg was innocent man, Frank Drebin will prove it.

My vocal RPs. Yay or nay?

Yay. Is that you in the recording?

It's different, and I like it, telling your stories through text and then addressing your opponent with a vocal RP, brilliant, I wish I'd thought of it, my text RP's would be so much better for not having to include the usual "such and such is your opponent" drivel and S.H.I.T could address opponents directly utilising a robotic voice. Love it. It's an idea that could work for just about any character in the fed. The idea definately gets a "yay."

If you want me to feedback the actual content of them though, then I will.

What storylines/feuds involving SHIT do you want to come into fruition or are sad that will never happen?

Do you like the fact that SHIT is almost Kane in the sense that he can instantly change alignments and most won't bat an eye or that a loss doesn't hurt his credibility as a big man/monster per say?

To any and all:

Thoughts on Holmes as a character and myself as an RPer?
Favourite feud/match/moment not involving your character(s)?

Steven Holmes, the elite, first, I still maintain that Steven Moriarty would've been an excellent name. Second, its not a new gimmick in pro-wrestling, but so few are as there is only so much that can work, it is a gimmick, which is good and if you are going to redo a gimmick it might as well be one as dependable as the rich aristocrat. I didn't like his descent into insanity, Barbosa said it was done better by Showtime and himself, I never saw Showtime's but I can agree that Barbosa's was better and it seemed like a desperate attempt to flesh him out as a character. You're best stuff comes as a rich, eccentric and dangerous man.

Second, you more or less show why I will always prefer Terry Pratchett to George R.R Martin or Tolkien, the latter especially gets so wrapped up in descriptions of the mundane that he spends more time doing that than telling a story, the battle of Helms Deep is half a page long, the descriptions of how regal the Elves are drags like a motherfucker. Pratchett can leave stuff to the imagination without describing just how much CC of spittle has left somebodies mouth and has managed to create a world loved by millions. You get caught up in the wordy descriptions and I think sometimes its over done, kind of like the crowd reactions to certain people in WZCW, "pure unbridled hatred," that sort of thing. I've said it before, Holmes is a beast, and you might not want to change your style on my account, but its too much for me sometimes.

Sorry Funkay, in amongst all that I forgot to include that I think Holmes is a great character and you yourself are an excellent RP'er.

What storylines/feuds involving SHIT do you want to come into fruition or are sad that will never happen?

Technology Of Chaos revival.

S.H.I.T vs any kind of faction. Basically giving an assembled group of bad guys absolute hell.

I am not sure if we should feud or anything just yet, but random segments with Krypto and S.H.I.T thrown in for giggles, last Meltdown would've been perfect, with K.O approaching Krypto and then seeing S.H.I.T or something.

One I am sad I'll probably never see is some kind of super stable made up from the older Saunterers, Coco - Kravinoff, Barbosa - Barbosa, GD - Toyota, Me - S.H.I.T, perhaps even Action Saboteur all forced together out of necessity in order to take down some kind of evil stable like the New Church.

Do you like the fact that SHIT is almost Kane in the sense that he can instantly change alignments and most won't bat an eye or that a loss doesn't hurt his credibility as a big man/monster per say?

Yes, and I have creative in part to thank for that aura. Barbosa said it best when he said a lot of my success can be attributed to booking, even last round I have the dignity of it being an interference that cost me. Look at my recent record vs peoples opinion of me, they shouldn't match up, yet despite all that I am considered a big gun, it's nice.

As far as changing alignment, I don't want to switch too much but its been necessary. I never thought of S.H.I.T as a heel during the Apostle's angle, as it would potentially be at odds with its allies at the drop of a hat or one wrong move, I thought of it as a misguided soul who was being used for evil that became somewhat corrupted by the idealogy. Something which I eased out during the Barbosa feud, which has coincided with my recent slump. With the virtual reboot as it were I've set it on the path I want to go on, which is more of a tweener role, I know tweener's are frowned upon, I don't really like them myself, but babyface isn't right because there is a huge dark-side to S.H.I.T and heel isn't right because unless it is doing truly diabolical things, no one will boo a guy in a cardboard robot costume. I guess dark face would be the best way to categorize it, but like you said, no one would bat an eyelid if it went heel again because of the nastyness it has done before.

Alright, I got a serious question for you since you hurt me feelings earlier.

I think at his core S.H.I.T is a comedy character, but you can write him as a serious character when need be. I'm at this stage where I am struggling with taking Stormrage from his role as comedic relief in a team to a serious singles competitor. How are you able to keep the comedic core of your character so well, while branching into the serious side so easily?

Alright, I got a serious question for you since you hurt me feelings earlier.

I think at his core S.H.I.T is a comedy character, but you can write him as a serious character when need be. I'm at this stage where I am struggling with taking Stormrage from his role as comedic relief in a team to a serious singles competitor. How are you able to keep the comedic core of your character so well, while branching into the serious side so easily?

I don't think this is something you are struggling with, but if you want to read a long arsed post by a slightly (very) drunk man I'll be happy to oblige and I hope I can help.

I'll let you in on a secret which I probably shouldn't say openly, but the serious side to my character is the one I find the funniest, I put in a lot of effort about how intimidating he is and all of that, a lot of serious writing putting him across as a bad ass that could break your neck, his permanent expression of anger, his ability to make others feel like they're in a tight space, but you know what? Its a guy in a cardboard box decorated with crayon. I find it hilarious.

My advice, embrace the comedy, don't forget it in an effort to come across as more serious, that's a drastic character change and not staying true to your roots, think Callahan's heel turn, successful, but makes no fucking sense at all.

Mikey Stormrage could be written the same way I write S.H.I.T, what's funny one minute can be turned against itself, Mikey is fat, that's funny, but he's also a well conditioned athlete, how funny is his weight when he's got one hand wrapped around your neck and has you pinned against the wall? That size can be an intimidating factor and suddenly what is an amusing aspect of your character is a terrifying one. That's what I try to do with S.H.I.T these days, have you ever seen "It"? "It" is a clown, clowns are funny, well actually they aren't but some people like them, but anyway when that concept is turned against itself it is fucking terrifying, same as a man in a box, that snarl is funny, until it is three inches away from your face and you realise the person behind it has absolutely no give at all.

Ever read Terry Pratchett's stuff? I've gone on about him before, but he is one of the best character writers I've ever seen, seriously, if its not Bill Sykes chances are it doesn't compete. The guy has penned some of the best I've read, Mustrum Ridcully, Sam Vimes, Nanny Ogg and Death. All of these characters have something in common, they are all hilarious one minute, often look ridiculous but all believable when they are tearing shit up, whether its Ridcully or Ogg using magic or their tricks, Vimes hacking people to bits or Death just being a bad mofo while saving the World, they are all believable during the serous moments, just as they are hilarious in the comedic ones. Death, yes, the Grim Reaper is a heavy inspiration for me, he's a guy with no Human emotions who adopted a daughter, outlived her and is frankly desperately tragic, like he is the closest I've ever come to crying about fiction (I cried like a fucking baby) yet he's funny as fuck in those moments when he's trying to connect with people, and my God is he scary when he loses it with the evil people like the Orditers. This is what I try so fucking hard to replicate and I pale in comparison.

My point, it's all different aspects to the same character, ask yourself what would Stormrage do? Not, what would be cool or whatever, but what would he do in that situation? Stuff like seriousness and anger should come very, very naturally to a funny character, so long as in your head, it is a character and not just a tool you use to try to do cool shit with. Show some weakness, most people wont and that's understandable because you'll get punished for it with match results but it will help you big in the long term, so long as you stay true to your character. That's what I do and I think and hope it works.

But then I re-iterate, I don't think you are struggling with this.

What do you think of my new character? Sorry I haven't done something with tentacle rape. Maybe for KC.

What do you think of my new character? Sorry I haven't done something with tentacle rape. Maybe for KC.

I haven't forgot you, Ech. Though I did have to check your user notes to see who you were. What with one thing and another I haven't been at all up to date with the fed, and took a month or two off the forums completely, only really caught the latest two rounds of shows, without reading the RP's. I saw the LL was coming up, things have gone better than expected so I thought "fuck it, I'll give it a go." To say I am surprised to have returned so soon after leaving would be a tremendous understatement, so I literally stopped anything fed based right before I was written out.

This is just a poncy way of me saying that I have no context for your LL RP at all. So, going off that RP alone, that I've literally just read.

You're a miko, thats cool, heard that before somewhere. She seems an interesting character, a far cry from Celeste, though you still retain your style of showing the Human being behind the wrestler (a good thing) so that even when she's evil and conniving she is still torn between her decisions, love for her family yadda yadda, as opposed to a Steven Holmes who's character lives, breathes, eats and shits his gimmick (also a good thing).

It just so happens to work out double well for you because the human being is the gimmick. She's not just someone that dresses up all Japanese for the show and then goes home and chills out on the sofa watching tv, she is that all the time. I quite like her, actually, and I'd say she's got massive potential, the brick wall you tended to hit with Celeste might just crumble with this gal since you might have more avaliable material than the sometimes rather left field Celeste ideas and tendency to flip alignments on an almost round to round basis at points.

Cheers for the question though, part of why I re-opened this thread was to help re-immerse in WZCW.

Can I have a hug?

Fuckin too right! I'll even throw in a cheeky fondle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back