New Tag Team - The Uso's

What's funny about this is that after the Harts won, I was thinking to myself "Man, who in the hell are the Harts going to feud with now? There's basically no one. Now would be a good time for some new team to just run in and attack them or something; that'd be awesome."

And sure enough, as soon as I finish that thought, these three come out and I marked HARD. For a split second I thought it was Archer and Hawkins as well and for a fraction of a second, I thought that lady was Jazz. What a great debut and THANK GOD it's an actual team and not just a random pairing. I hoped we get some sort of interview with them afterwards, but that can wait I suppose.

The WWE still needs to debut at least 2 more teams to really get the tag division going, but for now, this is a great start and I can't wait to see what happens next week.

What's funny about this is that after the Harts won, I was thinking to myself "Man, who in the hell are the Harts going to feud with now? There's basically no one. Now would be a good time for some new team to just run in and attack them or something; that'd be awesome."

Ironically, I was having the exact same thought.

What a great debut and THANK GOD it's an actual team and not just a random pairing. I hoped we get some sort of interview with them afterwards, but that can wait I suppose.
The WWE still needs to debut at least 2 more teams to really get the tag division going, but for now, this is a great start and I can't wait to see what happens next week.

I know nothing about these guys, but I can say that it's a step in the right direction for the WWE tag team division. Random pairings can work to an extent, but they're nothing more than a band aid. The WWE needs to develop and book real tag teams properly in order to turn around a dying division. The debut of this mystery team leaves me wondering and it makes me want to tune in next week to find out more details.

If what you guys are saying about The Usos being good in FCW, I'm really excited. Not even knowing much about them, I was excited to see a new tag team in WWE. They were lacking in tag teams, pairing up anybody and everybody. i was sad to see Legacy break up, but both need to start their own ventures in singles. The tag team list is starting to grow and it was much needed. Miz and Jericho make a great team. I wish they would have won at OVL. Hopefully them two stick it out and make a great team.

This is the type of Tag team that I like, one that debuts together. The two guys look pretty big, which is good. I have watched a few of the Uso brothers matches from FCW and they aren't that bad. I hope this leads to a long, meaningful title feud between them and the Hart Dynasty.

After last nights RAW I like these guys even more. They cut a very good promo considering it was their first time on the mic live on national television. It started off a little slow but once they got going I got really into it. Being twin brothers obviously gives them a built in chemistry and that was very evident in their promo when they were going back and forth.

With the exception of The Rock and Rikishi to an extent, the Samoan wrestlers aren't exactly known for their mic work so this is a great start for them. Hopefully they get a match for the titles at Fatal Fourway so we can see how they do in the ring, but so far I'm a big fan of the Uso brothers.

I agree with you Big Sexy, I can't say I was anywhere impressed or intrigued with the Uso's after last weeks RAW, they surprised me, but that's about it, now I'm definitely convinced that they could go places if given the platform to do it.

I liked them after this weeks RAW, they seem to have decent charisma, they seem cocky, and they seem like a good in-ring combinational tag team with the double super kick and the double team Samoan Drop.

I'm looking forward to seeing what WWE is gonna be doing with these youngsters, I think we might possibly see them going into Fatal Four Way as contenders for the Unified Tag Team championships to make them matter a little more, I don't see why they would be attacking the Hart Dynasty any else if not to hope for a championship shot sooner or later.

I liked the Uso's except for their Mic work. Seemed to come off a little choppy. Maybe cutdown on the Urban slang a little. But I do understand. They're young with a lot of talent and potential.

I liked the Uso's except for their Mic work. Seemed to come off a little choppy. Maybe cutdown on the Urban slang a little. But I do understand. They're young with a lot of talent and potential.

Truth be told, I prefer their "urban slang", as you so eloquently put it. It gives them a bit of realism and uniqueness. They just seemed very real... as if they weren't acting too much. Sure, they were a bit choppy in the promos, but that crowd was brutal and unforgiving. Then again, the WWE fans love to cut down the superstars that they aren't familiar with yet.

Give them time. Their in-ring work speaks loudly for them.

The mic work will improve, as long as the WWE keeps giving them the stick. I was especially impressed with Snuka's daughter. But as long as the WWE continues to give mic time to EVERY division, including the tag teams, they'll all develop in due time.

I'm really digging the Uso's. They seemed to me to be a serious, stylish Cryme Tyme with a wrestling family heritage. I liked Cryme Tyme, and I've always really liked stylin' and profilin' heels, so I liked them instantly. Their promo started out rough but I got into it and all three of them did pretty well as it went on. I like that they're subverting the usual Wild Samoan gimmick and even made reference to their families. Their Samoan Drop finisher was also really cool, and even Tamina mpressed me with her mic and ring skills.

This feud with the Hart Dynasty could be awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

This new tag team is awesome. I really wasn't expecting them to have the gimmick they do. I thought they would be stereotyped like so many Samoans in wrestling, so the fact that they were modern and 'hip' (hate that word but there is no other one I can use) was refreshing.
This feud with the Hart Dynasty is going to be brilliant. They all seem to be really talented wrestlers in there own right. They both have the same make-up of two guys and a girl. And possibly most importantly, they are both third generation stables. It gives the feud a totally different dynamic to if it was the Hart Dyanasty vs. The Dudebusters. It's like which wrestling family is the best, the Hart family or the Anoa'i family.
I think this angle will go on for months, starting with a title match at Fatal 4 Way.

It was refreshing to see new wrestlers on television come out and be themselves. Them being a young family history rich tag team just makes it that much better, as it gives them more relevance.

Their promo wasn’t the greatest, but it was very impressive and showed how much potential all three of them have on the mic. Their double team moves along with their triple splash finisher is very impressive, and gives the Hart Dynasty a legit pair to work with who I am sure is equally as hungry as them.

I like their characters also. They are young, charismatic, and they are not, just as they said “Stereotypical Samoans”. They have personalities that I can understand and relate to, and we could be in for a very entertaining series of matches.

I'm impressed thus far with The Uso Brothers. Granted, they haven't wrestled a match yet and I'm not saying that they're incredible and gifted and all that yet. However, the past few weeks have given me a really good feeling about them. Their surprise debut was done nicely, even though the commentary of Lawler and Cole didn't do shit for the angle.

Last night, I thought they gave a great introductory promo. They still seem a little green on the mic, but I thought it worked nicely for them. None of it, at least to me, sounded rehearsed and it all sounds like it very much came from the heart. I love the fact that they're not going to be your stereotypical Samoan wrestlers, huge plus in my book, and coming out on top against The Hart Dynasty again last night was another nice touch. I figured The Dynasty would get even from last week, but having The Uso's get the best of them again has already done a lot to make them look like a legitimate threat.

I am suprised by The Usos. 9 times outta 10, when a beat down happens, whoever comes out first always get the upper hand. Not here. They look legit in the ring, and crushing HDynasty with triple frog splashes, two weeks in a row.
They looked easily flustered on the mic, which isn't unexpected by a team who's thrusted into the "big leagues".

I think that they have tons of potential. I enjoyed their mic work, and I think their in-ring work will be very good, just by seeing the double superkick and samoan drop. I think that the three have good looks and they looked like a legit threat after the second time around.

Hey, guys, can I just go on record as saying that the "I'm In Love With Tamina" Club starts with me? Seriously, also, they should stop with the splashes if that one guy keeps messing up.

Im really liking The Uso's, they have something different about them they can bring we haven't seen a while, the furthering of their heritage which is playing a big part. The brothers and Tamina had decent mic work, and the urban slang works for them it also provides them with an identity and brings some freshness to how superstars talk on the mic.

I can see them having alot of potential in the future and feuding with The Hart Dynasty will work for them.

Hey Yo!

Now it's been two weeks now since the Uso's debut and have actually been allowed to cut a promo on RAW so it shows a little that the WWE is for real with this tag team. Now it was an impressive debut and something fresh. But there is already a thread for that so discuss the debut there. My question is we saw how The Hart Dynasty benefited from Bret Hart mentoring them and guiding them to the gold. Now would the return of Rikishi or some other of their Samoan relatives down the line give them the spark and solidify them as a tag team?
Give reasons and your opinion please.

Thanks,
.Tha Woflpac.

I'm not really sure about this. I think the Usos are doing well on their own at the moment, they made an impact, actually got a chance to show who they are in front of us (rare for a new tag team) and seem to be panning out quite well-enough so to satistfy the need for "real tag-teams" in the WWE.

On the other hand, I'd love to see Rikishi back! I was a big fan when I was younger, purely for comedic value. Him (along with Too Cool) were hilarious. Maybe, now I'm older, though, it wouldn't be the same. That said, this isn't so much a Rikishi thread as it is about the Usos-I'd say it'd be good for a few weeks to give them a credibility boost, but staying around long-term like Bret would probably take away from them.

I think they'll do good on their own..i mean they got themselves a valet..that's all they need...they look good together, their look is just samoan...i think they were given their first promo because they are a legit tag team and wwe have lacked it recently..although it has been getting better since they unified the tag titles...

The Uso's are my new tag team. They are the truth now along with Jimmy Snuka's daughter is a perfect fit. Someone upstairs made the right move to bring these guys up from FCW. They have the look and they have the bloodline. So to all the 2nd & 3rd generation wrestlers lookout the Uso's are coming for you. I can see this storyline going a long way if they do it right but knowing the WWE like I do they will drop the ball as per usual.

No, I don't see any reason to bring in Rikishi just yet because it seems The Usos are settlin in just fine by themselves. Also we've gotto ask ourselves, was Rikishi even that big, would the younger fans recognize him. How long has it been since he has appeared on WWE TV, if anything I would like to see the chicks father Jimmy Snuka come out and give them tips. He is a bigger star and appeared at WM 25 so the kiddies will recognize him, win win.

Business is about to pick up

Rikishi could help them yes or maybe Super Super SuperFly Jimmy Snuka i do hope this is the pickup of the tag team divison . Dont we all want to see the StinkFace :) or a Superfly splash. But only for a short time boost for them a month or so like they did for Hearts with bret . Then after Rikish could stay on as im sure he has some matchs left in him and was always entertaning

Team Up The rhodes and dibiases Give us a tag team war like the old Hardys,E&C,APA,Dudleys OMG gives me chills lol. Show TNA that WWE can still do Tag Teams

as already stated, the Uso's are doing great by themselves right now. IMO, to bring in a legendary Samoan (and we all know that there are plenty of them out there!) would only take away the spotlight at this point in time.

but maybe later down the road... like say if the Uso's kept losing title matches against the Hart Dynasty and had one last chance to win the titles... then bring in one of the Samoan legends to mentor the team and lead them to the championship win. something like that could work.

the only hiccup i can see is this: Bret Hart never really feuded with any Samoans that i can remember, except for Yokozuna. but this leads to two other problems: 1, Yoko was packaged as Japanese and not Samoan and 2, Yoko has passed away. so it's not like you could bring back somebody from Bret's past and have a tag team/diva/mentor rivalry that would all flow together. but still, i love the Uso's already and am looking forward to seeing all six members of these teams fight for the titles.

possible Samoans i'd love to see come back for the mentoring role: Rikishi, of course makes sense given that he is the father, Superfly, also of course, Meng/Haku, the original Wild Samoans, Rosie, Barbarian, and in a perfect world, The Rock! but this would be hard to do as it would either require a face turn by the Uso's or a heel turn by The Rock, plus sadly, The Rock appears to be done with wrestling for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping for the best with the Uso's. RAW has a lot of wrestling legacy on it. In that, I mean the 2nd and 3rd generation superstars. If they do join up with DiBiase, or just keep to themselves, it wouldn't matter to me. I'm a guy that tends to root for the heels. I hope the Hart Dynasty keeps those belts for awhile though. I wonder if the Usos will be in SVR 2011. But considering that it's past 'Mania, they probably won't get put in. Here's hoping for more tag teams in SVR 2011.

Now, I don't pay much attention to FCW, but I'm pretty sure it was the Uso brothers (Fatus) that debuted tonight to destroy the Hart Dynasty. This was a much needed addition to the tag team division. What do you think?

Completely agree 100%. WWE much needed another tag team (in fact another couple could still be needed in my opinion) But it's a great step in the right direction. Remember in the past when we had let's say 8 or 10 teams a time having different feuds (LOD, Nasty Boys, Natural Disasters, Steiners etc etc etc) And we have been needing more teams, to make the tag division good again, and to stop teaming up succesfull singles guys together in pointless teams/storylines. Uso's look good, Superfly's daughter looks good, and a great feud in the pipeline with the Hart's!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back