New Tag Team - The Uso's

Decarow

WZ's Resident GameStop Advisor
Now, I don't pay much attention to FCW, but I'm pretty sure it was the Uso brothers (Fatus) that debuted tonight to destroy the Hart Dynasty. This was a much needed addition to the tag team division. What do you think?

Indeed, it was the Usos who debuted. They have been quite impressive in FCW. This should be an excellent feud in the future. Both stables have 2nd and 3rd generation history. And both have talented Divas. I look forward to a good series of 3-on-3 matches.

The chick is Sarona Snuka, daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. She goes by Tamina in FCW.

I don't care who they were, that was awesome...until that guy fell. Hey, is that fine ass chick a Fatu as well?

Haha ya, I'd be pissed off if I did something like that on my debut. But either way, I was really happy to see a new tag team debut. Especially on Raw.

I seen plenty of them in fcw they are pretty good. This also fills the void of the 2nd or 3rd generation heel tag team that was needed. I see them winning the tag team titles before 2011 for sure. I just hope that we get a long fued out of these guys cause they can and should be a good feud.

First off, how awesome was their debut? I thought at first it was Hawkins and Archer, with some random diva, but instead it's an entirely new team? One that's an actual TEAM?!

To find out that all three members were second-generation (or whatever) superstars was icing on the cake. There are so many ways to go with this. They could join DiBiase and start up the rumored "Fortunate Sons" stable, or they could act on their own. They looked pretty darn impressive, all three of them, when they completely ambushed the Hart Dynasty. This is obviously going to lead to a feud for the Unified Tag Team titles. Maybe this was what was meant for Carlito and Primo until Carlito got fired.

I never want to hear people complain about the lack of tag teams in the WWE again, at least not for a while. WHAT a debut!

This should be a great tag team and it seems like there is going to be alot more tag teams in the WWE. So far we have the Hart Dynasty, Regal and Kozlov, The dudebusters, The SES (if you want to count them as a tag team), Hawkins and Archer, Maybe still Jericho and Miz, The newly debuted Uso brothers, and possibly a stable called the fortunate sons wit Ted and Bret DiBiase and Joe Hennig. So the tag team division is shaping up to look great.

First off, how awesome was their debut? I thought at first it was Hawkins and Archer, with some random diva, but instead it's an entirely new team? One that's an actual TEAM?!

To find out that all three members were second-generation (or whatever) superstars was icing on the cake. There are so many ways to go with this. They could join DiBiase and start up the rumored "Fortunate Sons" stable, or they could act on their own. They looked pretty darn impressive, all three of them, when they completely ambushed the Hart Dynasty. This is obviously going to lead to a feud for the Unified Tag Team titles. Maybe this was what was meant for Carlito and Primo until Carlito got fired.

I never want to hear people complain about the alg of tag teams in the WWE again, at least not for a while. WHAT a debut!

Lets not get ahead of oursevles here - knowing the WWE by Summerslam they'll be jobbing as single's comeptitors on Superstars!

Seriously, great to see. A tag team with a good look (something I look out for in a team), and a female to go against Natalya. This could be a very good feud - if they book it right. Great way to enter too.

THIS was an excellent debut. I was tired of WWE throwing random superstars together who could not even be credible as tag champs glad they chose an actual team from FCW. And the best part was noone saw it coming. Sarona comes from a long line of Fatus (umanga,rikishi,snuka etc) So I know she will be impressive in the ring. Finally the E is revitalizing the tag division.

This is awesome. Everybody above seem to like it, so do I. I love Jericho and The Miz, but I hate WWE's random pairing. This could turn out to be good. WWE fnally has a tag team division. Like The Doctor said, I also thought it was Archer and Hawkins with a random diva, but I guess its the Uso's from FCW. I'm excited for this feud, though I was hoping John Morrison turning heel and joining The Miz again, but this should be better, finally 2 real tag teams. No more BS tag teams made by WWE.

I wouldn't get to excited. Last time we had a tag team debut by coming out ofd nowhere and attacking another tag team... I think it was the Dicks. Looked good the first night, not so much every other night.

Gimme a few weeks to make an opinion, although I do hope to see a decent tag team, and maybe a decent feud.

This was a good debut,and is going completely with WWE's flow.I mean they're really picking up steam since that whole monday night war.The divas are looking good,we're getting more tag teams,new RAW gm,TWO BLACK MIDCARD CHAMPIONS(completely off topic,but LOVE it)the only thing that messed it up was Jules(or was it Jimmy) botching the triple splash :lmao:

I was shocked too. First to see a new ass tag team. 2nd A new tag team with a not so looking diva diva. And 3rd....THEY'RE SAMOAN!!! After Superfly's Son flopped, I didn't know how many more were floating around. Hope they don't fizzle out and can hold there own.

I've seen these guys wrestle a few times in FCW and I've liked what I've seen. Not sure it they'll achieve Tag Team Greatness, but definitally a smart move for WWE to call them up. Like I said, down in FCW they looked ready. Good for the Tag Team division.

Maybe WWE should to something like Tag Team Turmoil or a Tag Team Tournament to declare number one contenders for the Unified Tag Team Championships. That way we could get a look at ALL the current WWE tag teams out there and maybe create another one. It could be the start to a revitalized Tag Division

As far as what could have been with Carlito and Primo as a team, I would like to point out that there is a Third Colon Brother in FCW called Tito Colon. Now Tito is one of the few FCW guys I haven't seen wrestler multiple times, so I can't judge his work. But if he's ready, then maybe WWE could call him up and pari him with Primo giving us another 2nd generation Tag Team.

I would like to point out that the DUDEBUSTERS are FUCKING Awesome! The promos and matches they cut in FCW are hilarious! They really deserve a push. But if the Usos can pump new life in to the division then that will be good for all the Tag Teams. Except for Hawkins and Archer. I like Hawkins alright but Vance suckes major balls. But a Teams and team and I'll take them for now just so we have one more team in the division. For now.

I never want to hear people complain about the lack of tag teams in the WWE again, at least not for a while. WHAT a debut!

Sorry Doc, but I'm still complaining. I love your optimism, but WWE needs AT LEAST four more tag teams to have a respectable division. They have so brutally killed the tag division over the years that many people think this ONE team is the saving grace. I'm thrilled with a new team. Especially one that debuts as a team and not two failed singles wrestlers. It was a great debut, but it's going to take more than that to save the tag division.

Tonight could have been the start to revitalize the tag team division. If pushed correctly there could be 4 teams to feud with in the future. Hart Dynasty, Dudebusters, The Usos and finally pending the return of injury, Brett DiBiase and Joe Henning.

Tonight could have been the start to revitalize the tag team division. If pushed correctly there could be 4 teams to feud with in the future. Hart Dynasty, Dudebusters, The Usos and finally pending the return of injury, Brett DiBiase and Joe Henning.

Plus the Rotundo Brothers who are I.R.S.' sons from FCW and there's a possibility of them bringing in the Briscos from ROH.

So yeah, the WWE can definitely have a great tag division if they want.

It's excellent that the WWE finally debuted a new, gimmicked, geniune tag team. I love how their dynamic matches the Hart Dynasty in which they have two tough tag team members and an experienced, attractive female enforcer. It seems like this matchup is going to build some interest in the tag division.

But let's be real here. I'm going to call it right now... a feud between these two teams with ensue, and the new tag team will be on the losing end. Then, I wouldn't be surprised if they job out to other tag teams for a while.

Now, am I being negative? Not really. I'm just telling everyone like it is. Since the dawn of time, the WWE has brought in tag teams for the purpose of making a quick impact. They make their surprising debut, a feud ensues, the champions prevail, and then the new team has to cut their teeth in the WWE main roster in the same way that EVERY wrestler comes onto the scene. Every new guy has to have a nice losing streak, have to be humbled a bit, pay their dues, and work their way up back to the main event level of their division. Mark my words... this WILL happen with the new tag team.

I say this because I can already imagine the outcry and backlash from the readers and posters on this site that are going to say, "BUT THIZ IZ A NEW TAG TEEM AND THEIR GETTIN BURIED!! WWE'Z ALWAYZ BURIEZ NEW TALENTZ!!" But none of you realize that there is a pecking order in the WWE... everyone pays their dues somehow. RARELY do we see superstars that walk in and make an immediate impact. And when that happens, the storyline flops. Why, you ask? Because people don't know and aren't familiar with the new superstar(s). Without familiarity, the audience never catches onto new wrestlers or their gimmicks. So they're immediately buried, they cut their teeth in the scene, and work their way up from the bottom.

So, all I ask is for all of the readers of this post to exercise a bit of patience with our new tag team. I'm sure they will wear gold eventually, and I'm sure their feud with the Hart Dynasty will be decent, but give them time and EXPECT for them to be on the losing end for a while.

I was happy to see a new credible tag team debut and finally see the Hart Dynasty get their asses kicked. I was starting to get tired of seeing this Hart trio with their cute pink and white attire coming down to the ring smiling to everyone and "Uncle Bret Hart" looking over them. Shit even Nadia got thrown around which was great. Id really like to see what Nadia has a singles competitor.

I hope these 2 teams start a good rivalry but I hope they dont over do this straight til next year.

I'm sorry, Doc. I was unaware that adding one new (undeveloped on national television) Tag team.. would make up for more or less having to drop 1 (Colons, due to firing Carlito) and not having many more to begin with. Care to explain that one?

Anyways, I do amazingly agree with you on the point that their debut was great. But to be honest, seeing them debut made me think I was somehow watching a retro-rerun version of 3 Minute Warning debuting all over again.. only after they'd taken some weight loss pills. It was the exact same type of debut.

Run-in, demolish, stand in awe.

Never the less, I'm very hopeful that this new 2nd/3rd Generation Tag team will make it. They had the look down pretty well, and they seem to be using a form of Head Shrinker-ish type tag moveset. Outside of one (badly timed camera shot) botch, they looked very impressive.

I give them one full year to become no bigger than Deuce and Domino, (whom I can't believe I miss, by the way) then fade out completely when neither can become successful as a single's wrestler.

Here's to hoping Ted Dibiase's brother can come up soon, and possibly align with Ted to reform a version of Money Inc. Then maybe we'll begin seeing a reformation of a legit Tag Team Division. (topped off with the dream team of Cody & Dustin, I can only hope. Seriously. I beg for this.)

RARELY do we see superstars that walk in and make an immediate impact. And when that happens, the storyline flops. Why, you ask? Because people don't know and aren't familiar with the new superstar(s).

I know you said "rarely", and that basically saves your butt from anyone finding a flaw in your theory. However, I wanted to just add-in that Ted Dibiase AND Cody Rhodes basically, both, came into the Company and never truly hit a rough patch as a Tag Team.

While it can be said Cody was iffy while he was a mere Single's Wrestler, the fact is he was WINNING as such. People gave him shit for being green and everything else, but he was winning on a weekly basis.. then formed a team with Hardcore Holly and won Tag gold. They only dropped it, when the team of Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes came along. Which ironically only helped Cody to leap-frog off Holly into an even higher standing. Legacy was born when Rhodes & Dibiase began to drop and it re-pushed them even higher.

Now, second part to this is that you said it usually fails because people don't have a familiar standing to the Superstars and you may say they had this with Cody & Ted because of who their Father's were.. well, if you say that then you have to consider this new team equally famous through Generation standards - as their Father was a former Tag Team Champion, now Hall of Famer.

I entirely understand where you're coming from, and in no way am I trying to cold heartedly disagree with you. I merely wanted to say that out of everything, ironically its the most recent of the Next Generation stars that have made solid impacts practically upon debuting. Instead of failing and needing time to develop.

On that note, I'll end by saying this Tag team's heritage isn't as strong as Rhodes or Dibiase's was.. but only time will tell if thats a deciding factor in their rise or fall. I'd lean more toward seeing how the fans adapt to them as a unit, and who they are.. then trying to remember who their Father was.

I know you said "rarely", and that basically saves your butt from anyone finding a flaw in your theory. However, I wanted to just add-in that Ted Dibiase AND Cody Rhodes basically, both, came into the Company and never truly hit a rough patch as a Tag Team.

While it can be said Cody was iffy while he was a mere Single's Wrestler, the fact is he was WINNING as such. People gave him shit for being green and everything else, but he was winning on a weekly basis.. then formed a team with Hardcore Holly and won Tag gold. They only dropped it, when the team of Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes came along. Which ironically only helped Cody to leap-frog off Holly into an even higher standing. Legacy was born when Rhodes & Dibiase began to drop and it re-pushed them even higher.

Now, second part to this is that you said it usually fails because people don't have a familiar standing to the Superstars and you may say they had this with Cody & Ted because of who their Father's were.. well, if you say that then you have to consider this new team equally famous through Generation standards - as their Father was a former Tag Team Champion, now Hall of Famer.

:disappointed:

Will, once again, you quote me out of context. I was referring to the debut of tag teams... not singles wrestlers. Funny that you misread that, considering this entire thread has to do with tag teams.

As for your point about Legacy... they didn't debut as a tag team, so this doesn't matter.

I entirely understand where you're coming from, and in no way am I trying to cold heartedly disagree with you. I merely wanted to say that out of everything, ironically its the most recent of the Next Generation stars that have made solid impacts practically upon debuting. Instead of failing and needing time to develop.

Naturally, since Vince is very strong-minded when it comes to generational wrestlers, he gives more focus to his second, third, and fourth generation debuts than anyone else.

On that note, I'll end by saying this Tag team's heritage isn't as strong as Rhodes or Dibiase's was.. but only time will tell if thats a deciding factor in their rise or fall. I'd lean more toward seeing how the fans adapt to them as a unit, and who they are.. then trying to remember who their Father was.

Agreed completely. Their association with their family members will definitely draw some attention to them, but I don't think it;ll make a big difference unless the WWE really tries to embed it into our brains. Otherwise, like you mentioned earlier (and I totally agree), you'd have a debut similar to the 3 Minute Warning.

The newly debuted Uso brothers, and possibly a stable called the fortunate sons wit Ted and Bret DiBiase and Joe Hennig. So the tag team division is shaping up to look great.
it seems like some want to see the Uso Brothers team with Ted Dibiase, i don't however. My hope is that they have their name changed to the Fatu Brothers and claim that they both are better than their father Rikishi and have Snuka's daughter manage them. I want the Fatu Brothers to feud with the Hart Dynasty, then when Brett Dibiase is healthy, debut the Fortunate Sons and have a triple threat tag team title match where the Fortunate Sons win.

Definitely...a great addition to the the Raw roster, just like the ol' days when tag teams were for real...just like croft & baretta on Smackdown..

This feud could go far, i think the Uso's will still be wrestling in FCW anyway for some more time as they build themselves aswell as their valet Sarona Snuka aka Tamina in FCW..i think they'll put the feud on hold, and the match could happen at Summer Slam, it could be a great match...both great teams with valets aswell..you could all sorts of matches, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 etc..

I also think it would be a good idea for the Uso brothers to bring their FCW tag team titles, they can show off, you know, saying they are indeed a good team..but I don't think they'll do it..

I think it's a little premature to suggest that in one foul swoop we've healed all of the problems with the tag team divisions, because we haven't. Lets not forget we've seen these groups plenty of times over the last few years - MNM, Deuce and Domino etc... some work, some don't.

They need to open up the tag division a bit more. Get some more competitions going / maybe even a league - something to get them involved - keep things fresh.

A tentative step in the right direction sure - but by no means are all things solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back