The Uso's

hollowpoint

The Greatest of the Universe!!
I know this isn't a huge topic, but on SD! last week I noticed the Uso's entrance and I gotta tell you, I thought it was awesome! The battle dance got me all hyped up only to see them get beat by the tag team champs. I know the tag team division isn't what it used to be, but I wish they would give these guys a chance to shine. They work well together in the ring and they seem to be one of the teams with the ability to revive a dying or dead tag team division.
I guess my question to all is, what do you think of the Uso's?

Can they be a legit Tag Team threat to the current champs?

If you were GM, what kind of program would you have for them?

Discuss

Well I for one like the idea of an actual tag team having the titles. The problem is there aren't any other teams that I can think of. One way of getting them over could be an alliance with one of the top faces of their show. They don't have to join them in a group or stable, but just an occasional alliance. The problem is there is really nothing about them besides the fact that they are pretty good in the ring, that makes you really care about them. So yeah they can be a legit threat, but once they get the titles there are really no teams to actually feud with once wwe decides who they are going to push outta Otunga and Mcgilucutty (can't spell his name)

I also like the usos but dislike how they been lately i like the battle dance and think its really cool but since they been doing the dance they have been losing i think they can bring back the tag division if they had the belts

I think that the Battle Dance is a great way to connect with the fans and once their popularity increases, I hope the WWE will see it fit to put the straps on them. One thing the Tag Team Division needs is a flag bearer. Meaning someone to carry the division. I think they can be that team.

In my opinion the the usos are a great tag-team and the battle dance that they do at the beginning of their entrance is a good way of connecting with the crowd and showing their background and style of wrestling which makes them very unique and i can see them as future tag champs and realy bringing the tag team division back to what it once was.

The fact is the Usos are already a legitimate threat to the Tag Team Titles, if only by process of elimination. Logic seems to dictate that its only a matter of time before they get a shot against McGuillicutty and Otunga. It's been mentioned there is a severe lack of credible tag teams. There isn't really anyone else on the horizon whenever WWE decides to move on from the current champions.

The booking should be very straight forward and easy to pull off. Simply have the Usos lay down the challenge or have them win a non title match to set up a future shot. The change could take place on any Smackdown, if not a forthcoming pay per view. The Nexus angle is clearly dead in the water and the champions are in no way, shape, or form over with the crowd. I'd venture to guess we see the switch in the weeks following Summerslam.

The booking should be very straight forward and easy to pull off. Simply have the Usos lay down the challenge or have them win a non title match to set up a future shot. The change could take place on any Smackdown, if not a forthcoming pay per view. The Nexus angle is clearly dead in the water and the champions are in no way, shape, or form over with the crowd. I'd venture to guess we see the switch in the weeks following Summerslam.

The only problem with your theory is that it already happened. They beat the tag champs in a non-title match only to lose last week on SD!. That's one of the reasons why I started this thread. The Uso's are a great example of what the tag team division should be. Great tag team moves, matching outfits, great team entrances. The problem is, I don't know where they go from here. Maybe a tag team tournament.

I know this isn't a huge topic, but on SD! last week I noticed the Uso's entrance and I gotta tell you, I thought it was awesome! The battle dance got me all hyped up only to see them get beat by the tag team champs. I know the tag team division isn't what it used to be, but I wish they would give these guys a chance to shine. They work well together in the ring and they seem to be one of the teams with the ability to revive a dying or dead tag team division.
I guess my question to all is, what do you think of the Uso's?

Can they be a legit Tag Team threat to the current champs?

If you were GM, what kind of program would you have for them?

Discuss

The battle dance gets you hyped up? Really? Really?

I just :lmao: every time they come to the ring. It's the same reaction I had to give when Samoa Joe used to do it. It just looks completely moronic and how you can possibly take them seriously after watching them do that? Aside from that, they are a solid tag team but I don't ever see the straps around their waists. They might feud with the champs but they won't be given the belts. Just look who they teamed with tonight on SD. Freaking Trent Beretta. I know quite a few members of the IWC like him but he's just a jobber. The closest they came to the belts was that feud with the Harts. They will never be champions.

The only problem with your theory is that it already happened. They beat the tag champs in a non-title match only to lose last week on SD!. That's one of the reasons why I started this thread. The Uso's are a great example of what the tag team division should be. Great tag team moves, matching outfits, great team entrances. The problem is, I don't know where they go from here. Maybe a tag team tournament.

Fair enough. However, it is pretty commonplace in wrestling to have a wrestler lose in their initial challenge for a title. The idea being that the wrestler chasing the title can get the crowd more behind them before they eventually win it. Continue to show them off on television, highlight the war dance introduction, let their ring work win over converts, and eventually they gain a stronger foothold before winning the Tag Team Titles. In my opinion, this is what is taking place.

I just don't believe that WWE has the interest to truly build and push an entire tag team division. The fact that McGuillicutty and Otunga even have the titles is a testament to that. They are but another team of two singles wrestlers thrown together and then given the titles to try to get them over. Of course, they won't be the last team to get this treatment either. Sadly, your wish of seeing a whole division of "actual" tag teams won't be granted. In the world of WWE, tag team wrestling is a relic.

The battle dance gets you hyped up? Really? Really?

I just :lmao: every time they come to the ring. It's the same reaction I had to give when Samoa Joe used to do it. It just looks completely moronic and how you can possibly take them seriously after watching them do that?.

yeah really...I used to watch rugby and a team from New Zealand used to do something similar before they came out and crushed whoever it was they played. You saying it looks complety moronic says that you know nothing about the culture in which it comes from. No worries though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

They will never be champions.

Instead of giving you reasons as to why you are wrong, I will just say that I don't agree and that team is gonna be really good.

Fair enough. However, it is pretty commonplace in wrestling to have a wrestler lose in their initial challenge for a title. The idea being that the wrestler chasing the title can get the crowd more behind them before they eventually win it. Continue to show them off on television, highlight the war dance introduction, let their ring work win over converts, and eventually they gain a stronger foothold before winning the Tag Team Titles. In my opinion, this is what is taking place.

I just don't believe that WWE has the interest to truly build and push an entire tag team division. The fact that McGuillicutty and Otunga even have the titles is a testament to that. They are but another team of two singles wrestlers thrown together and then given the titles to try to get them over. Of course, they won't be the last team to get this treatment either. Sadly, your wish of seeing a whole division of "actual" tag teams won't be granted. In the world of WWE, tag team wrestling is a relic.

I agree. Wishful thinking on my part. I see it as something different and im a huge fan of the great tag team wrestlers of the past. It can easily be something meaningful again. All they need to do is pull the trigger. If they signed the KoW like everyone is saying they did, that's a good sign. We shall see.

Well I do like The Uso's and I think they could be a great tag team. They work well together, they are a real tag team, they're over with the crowd etc. I do like the battle dance as it's something different and it gets all of the crowd including myself hyped up for the match. I think that any team are a legit threat to the tag titles as the titles unfortunately mean nothing and anyone can win them.

Something that I thought about last night when watching the Usos do the dance was that WWE should add pyro right at the very end when they do that last little jump. It would add to the intensity of the whole thing.

What I hate is when the commentators(mainly Josh) try to tell us that they are identical twins. Perhaps they were growing up, and they DO look similar, but one is clearly a bit chunkier than the other and it's not just the chest tattoo that makes them different, but other tattoos as well.

I love that they are a real tag-team, however I'm not complaining right now that they aren't the champions. WWE is(hopefully) trying to build up McGillicuty-Otunga as an actual credible team. They've made their tights similar and finally did away with the "New Nexus" thing. They also have their own music which helps. WWE needs more tag-teams and while some complain that 2 people thrown together shouldn't be considered a "team", I say why not? Rather than have those same 2 guys doing nothing on Superstars, you might as well put them together and build them as a team. The worst part is when they lose the titles the first time, WWE has this habit of breaking them up way too soon.

The Uso are like the only TEAM around beside "Nexus". Then they got this thing going on with Santion & Ryder. I can see The Uso's getting a Title shot at NOC and possibly taking home the titles.

I myself dont watch SD! so i dont know much of them, but i did like them while they lasted on RAW.

ME myself (going off topic-ish) see wwe breaking up Otunga/McGillicutty sooner rather than later. I hope that they choose to push McGillicutty rather than Otunga, since he is a 2nd Gen. Superstar.

but as everyone else has come to say, the tag team division is dying. and possibly already there. I wish they WWE go somewhat back to the Attitude Era, and make EVERY title reconizable.

Over all the Uso's do have a chance at become tag champs in the next couple months if they get pushed right.

I just wanna see Jimmy (Uso) get R-Truth!

Actually I really like these guys and I hope they have a long-standing feud with Otunga & Hennig, only without actually fighting in a title match or on a PPV. I want to see them 'chasing' the tag titles, and have other tag teams get in their way, by way of Otunga & Hennig coming to ringside and interfering so that they lose the #1 contender match, and other such things. Fight in singles matches against each other and have the Uso's win, carry the feud on a few PPVs before the Uso's inevitably (and deservedly) get it. It ups the credibility of the titles if they do that.

But mostly I just want to see Jimmy get R-Truth! :p

but as everyone else has come to say, the tag team division is dying. and possibly already there. I wish they WWE go somewhat back to the Attitude Era, and make EVERY title reconizable.

The Tag division was WAY better before the Attitude Era. Back in the day(Hulkamania Era), WWF/E had teams like Demolition, Powers of Pain, Hart Foundation, Strikeforce, The Rockers, The Nasty Boys, etc. Granted they weren't all around at the same time, but most were, and that was when the tag-team division was at it's best.

WWE just needs more and credible teams. Another thread was complaining about Hawkins and Barretta not being on Raw or SD, well here's an idea, put them together, give them similar tights and a team name and make them a team. It's really the best way to use the under-utilized.

i agree the battle dance was pretty cool and theres times during their matches when they hit kicks i think ouch because it just sounds painful i see them eventullay being the team to beat otunga & mcgillicutty sense kozlov got fired so santino doesnt have a partner to win the titles with now and lets face it who else they got? maybe if kings of wrestling are coming to wwe (as rumors say they are) they will win the tag titles from otunga & mcgillicutty? :shrug:

I'm Australian so Polynesians are pretty common here, the dance they do is called the haka, and it is a Samoan version war dance.

Now, on topic. I think the Uso's are pretty cool, but i don't think they are at the level than Henning and Otunga are at. I hate that WWE disbanded Slater and Gabriel and the Hart Dynasty, those were two credible tag teams, that could have helped build the Uso's past the level they are currently at. I can see them getting the titles, but not for a while, i'm pretty sure Henning and Otunga will hold the titles for a few more months, if not more.

If i was booking the Uso's i would be having them on Smackdown! every week, all be it in singles competition in a tag team feud, a tag team match, or in the 3-man tag style match they had last week. They need exposure, and having them on Smackdown! every week will do them a whole lot of good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back