Live Discussion: Raw 1/19/09

C.M.

WrestleMania Main Event

Contract signing
As Stephanie McMahon alluded to last Monday, World Heavyweight Champion John Cena and JBL seal their fates on Raw as The Champ and the challenger sign the contract for their title bout, days before the Royal Rumble. Will HBK be present, one week after felling Cena?

A definitive fight
Both times CM Punk has faced Intercontinental Champion William Regal, the matches have ended in disqualifications. To ensure that their next bout ends with a satisfactory finish, Stephanie McMahon decreed that the two will face one another in a No Disqualification Match on Raw

School of Hard Knox
Though Mike Knox has yet to give a reason for his attacks, it hasn't stopped him from assaulting Rey Mysterio numerous times in recent weeks. The Ultimate Underdog will get his chance for revenge as the two ring warriors face off on Raw.

A JBL/Cena contract signing really?!?, hopefully they do it at the beginning of the show and get it out of the way early, so I don't have to sit through it

So Vince returns...I can more or less guarantee he'll sign Jericho back, as I know that the post show dark match on Raw next week is Cena/Jericho in a Street Fight, it's been advertised post-Jericho firing, so I'm fairly sure it's still happening.

Punk should win the title tonight. With all apologies to Regal, the title ought to be on a young guy like CM Punk who will hopefully do something good for the title. I'm looking to the match itself, as well.

Contract signing, well. It's good filler, I guess.

Knox/Mysterio threatens to suck, but I'll withhold judgment until I've seen it. At least Knox is getting TV time.

Vince sucks. But he'll bring back Jericho, I guess. Mysterio and Knox will surely be crap, as Mysterio's moveset just looks awful on a guy that big. Contract signing, meh.

But Punk and Regal could be excellent. It's No DQ, so here's to hoping they get out some really nasty weapons. In the brief exchanges between these two so far it's been really good. I'm a Regal mark, so with luck he'll retain after Layla takes out Punk with a baseball bat or something, setting up a cage match at the Rumble in which Punk wins.

I agree. All Vince does on TV is hog up 20 minutes on the show.

Why do I care about a 60 year old guy when I want to see the new guys develop? Don't be suprised if we see a 20 minute Vince promo every week on Raw now.

I'm looking forward to Raw, I want to see if there is any fall out to "the accident".

I also like how the Mike Knox, And Rey angle is panning out.

I agree. All Vince does on TV is hog up 20 minutes on the show.

Why do I care about a 60 year old guy when I want to see the new guys develop? Don't be suprised if we see a 20 minute Vince promo every week on Raw now.

Until another giant dollar bill falls on him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back