Haiku Hogan's Shit List

I'd (stupidly) never considered how much most demonic horror films rested on the Chrisian system.

Jewish lore kind of lacks a presence in film, etc., at least in my part of the world... beyond Sam Raimi's The Possesion anyway. And I suspect it hurts films going forward too because of a lack of mainstream awareness to buld upon. The possesion still freaked me the hell out though.

Wow, where in the fuck do you live? Bhutan?

The Possession is a Jewish version of a shit The Exorcist rip-off from what I understand (along with the other Christian/non-discernible religious shit rip-offs that have happened)

Seeing The Comedian not take to his guns to eliminate a demon was pretty sad, but seeing Kyra Sedgwick not fall in love with a paedophile was uplifting, so it balanced out okay.

Okay I've been holding off my opinion till now on this, but with the decision to have an excused absence for Cooper to determine what to do next, I have officially been angered by this.

Is what Cooper did wrong? The answer is yes. Was he right to apology? Yes. Was it such an atrocity that it is taking over all NFL discussion worthy. No.

We all say things we regret and also say things we say we regret but don't. Whilst I feel this scenario falls into the second category, I also say so what? Riley cooper made a derogatory racial comment, I am 100 percent agreeing that his shouldn't happen in an altruistic world. We don't live in an altruistic world and quite frankly every person in this world has said something discriminatory.

With that being said, it was captured on camera, it was released to the public and people got upset. Now I can't help but feel that the enraged nature of people on this subject is simply being jumping on a bandwagon. Is it against the law to be derogatory? No. Is it against the law to be racist? No. Is it wrong? Yes. But if you honestly want to tell me with a straight face that there's nothing racist or derogatory said in a football game to other players or referees or anyone then you are absolutely kidding me. Cooper was caught in public saying okay one difference but if you record every player in the NFL for 5 weeks I bet half the league would say "the N word" in that time frame.

Now I pose my own question if someone said out loud during a football game to an opposing player "you hit like a bitch" and this has happened before by the way would the media go up In a shit storm for sexism. I think not. If a player said they wouldn't ever accept a woman playing in the NFL would you hear sexist? No. Is sexism still discrimination yes.

Look the man said how he was feeling. The man made a mistake, put stop overreacting. This is going to come off extremely racist but it's the truth, the only reason people care so much is that the majority of the NFL is "black." If he said something potentially racist but positive like "that "n word" can jump" people wouldn't care. He said it in a demeaning way and now his teammates are "offended." But McCoy, did you really just lose a friend? Can you really not respect him anymore. You never spoke out against a convicted felon in Michael Vick, no you supported him. Why not support your other former "friend" when he makes a mistake. Hmm is it potentially racism. Probably not but I bet it plays a part.

I found this in the dictionary under shit list.

The possesion made me laugh. It freaked me out too, but I still laughed quite often. Every time the dramatic piano sound struck I was cracking up. Maybe that was Raimi's idea though, I haven't seen a horror film of his that didn't make me laugh.

Wish that guy up there would get back to me on some films based on Jewish lore.

Think I prefer The Omen to The Exorcist... But good luck trying to get me to sit through either again. That fucking freaky dog.

Raimi produced The Possession, he didn't direct it. Which is good because it might have ruined The Evil Dead's deserved reputation as a brilliant horror film.

I found this in the dictionary under shit list.

Haha "that N word can jump". I'm gna get that tattoo'd on my face. It's not racist if its a compliment. Genius!

There too much ammo there! "potentially racist"!! :lmao:

Sam said:
Raimi produced The Possession, he didn't direct it. Which is good because it might have ruined The Evil Dead's deserved reputation as a brilliant horror film.

Fuck, I swear I used to know that. Now I feel like a chump. I didn't go see the re-make/boot for the same reasons.

Yup, I'm living it up in Bhutan. Enjoying my constitutional monarchy.

Got any examples for me, or shall I continue to exist as an unknowing fool with a dybbuk and golem?

Belloq_on_fire.jpg

Didn't be also do Drag Me To Hell?

I recall having fairly fond memories of that movie; not the best movie ever, but certainly good enough for what it was trying to do. Too many jump scared to me though.

Also, Macios; wonderful job he's done digging himself a bigger hole in the Riley Cooper thread yes?

Drag Me To Hell is Raimi's second best horror-comedy - to Evil Dead II. Army of Darkness is a smirker at best.

Evil Dead II is perfect.

I still believe the mirror scene is one of the best things ever put to film:
[youtube]vorNd01E4ak[/youtube]

The best part of Evil Dead II is:

He traps his dismembered hand under an overturned waste paper basket and stacks some books on top of it, on top of which is A Farewell to Arms.

I once saw The Evil Dead: The Musical. Great stuff, John Popper was in the audience. Not as good as Karate Kid: The Musical but still great.

Is that the one where Peter Cetera sings Glory of Love for an hour while the cast (without Miyagi or Larusso) just re-create various scenes? Or is that the one where Will Smith makes you sit in the theater and pretend his kid is a credible replacement for this guy:

tumblr_liyoadCrpq1qd8ykqo1_400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back