Effective Immediately...

When did the Bar Room get this stigma? When did it become unacceptable to stay only in the Bar Room? As much as I could care less about my rep I think putting a negative stigma on people only posting in certain sections is counter productive. People who come in the Bar Room are as financially viable for Crave as people that don't... they still get hits on the Forums and therefore can make more money on advertisements on the forums. I understand that no-one is forcing people to post outside this forum, but it almost feels like people such as myself who have no interest in wrestling but do have an interest in the forums are being punished and the minute this place starts to segregate people it will lose what has made it one of the top wrestling forums on the internet over the last few years.

^
This

meh, this place is just a big assed MSN conversation anyhow. I seriously doubt in loses any traffic due to rep being eliminated.

Well it doesn't bother me anyway, because my rep bars are maxed.

It would almost be a good idea to reset everyone's bar, so they have something to work for. If they care, not that they do.

If it's that big of a deal that something as small as rep is an issue here, just delete the thing lol. Not like it hasn't been before.

Flames Out
Dragon

I think there would be a way to retro actively remove all rep gained in this area...hhhmmmm....

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I make damn good wrestling posts, but I hardly ever get repped for them because: a) hardly anyone reads what you have to say, as most posters just want to respond to the topic and not see the opinions of others; b) my opinions are held by most here.

And, I like rep. Hence, why I come to The Bar Room, as it is the place where you are most likely to get it. This may sound conceited, but what I have posted in the wrestling sections is fully deserving of 11 bars, or 1500 points, of rep. Sure, I have a little bit more than that right now, but I think that the 11 bar minimum of 1500 points reflects my posting abilities (thus, with 1800+ points right now, I fully admit to being overrated in terms of rep). Thus, coming into The Bar Room is, for me, a way to get the points that I deserve and that I cannot get in the wrestling sections.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I make damn good wrestling posts, but I hardly ever get repped for them because: a) hardly anyone reads what you have to say, as most posters just want to respond to the topic and not see the opinions of others; b) my opinions are held by most here.

And, I like rep. Hence, why I come to The Bar Room, as it is the place where you are most likely to get it. This may sound conceited, but what I have posted in the wrestling sections is fully deserving of 11 bars, or 1500 points, of rep. Sure, I have a little bit more than that right now, but I think that the 11 bar minimum of 1500 points reflects my posting abilities (thus, with 1800+ points right now, I fully admit to being overrated in terms of rep). Thus, coming into The Bar Room is, for me, a way to get the points that I deserve and that I cannot get in the wrestling sections.

the rep "you deserve" ??? :lmao: well if you like rep, then keep posting wrestling.

and for the record, I make a point to read your posts. I enjoy them.

if people have to earn it, then it may actually be worth something
No it wouldn't, all it would mean is that you found people who think similarly to you. That doesn't make you right, or a good poster, just that you think the same way someone else does.

Oh sure, I know many people have repped those who made impressive posts that we disagree with, but the majority of our reps come from those we side with, not against. Two years ago, if I had come on this board talking about how much Cena sucked, I would have gotten green rep out the ass. Would I have been right? No, I would have been wrong, but people would have agreed with me, and thus, I would have got rep.

Reputation will only means as much as the people who put stock in it. People always talk about "elusive Slyfox rep", but that's because I really don't put much stock in rep. And if I do rep someone, it's because they made a very good impression on me, and I want to tell them that. If spamming were allowed on the board, I would NEVER rep anyone, would just quote their post and say "I agree".

Turning off rep will not help make it important, all it will do is show who is the best bandwagon jumper. I can appreciate your effort to improve things around here, but I don't think this one will help.

No it wouldn't, all it would mean is that you found people who think similarly to you. That doesn't make you right, or a good poster, just that you think the same way someone else does.

Oh sure, I know many people have repped those who made impressive posts that we disagree with, but the majority of our reps come from those we side with, not against. Two years ago, if I had come on this board talking about how much Cena sucked, I would have gotten green rep out the ass. Would I have been right? No, I would have been wrong, but people would have agreed with me, and thus, I would have got rep.

Reputation will only means as much as the people who put stock in it. People always talk about "elusive Slyfox rep", but that's because I really don't put much stock in rep. And if I do rep someone, it's because they made a very good impression on me, and I want to tell them that. If spamming were allowed on the board, I would NEVER rep anyone, would just quote their post and say "I agree".

Turning off rep will not help make it important, all it will do is show who is the best bandwagon jumper. I can appreciate your effort to improve things around here, but I don't think this one will help.

zero chance im reading all that :icon_neutral:

Let's delete the bar as well. Obviously no post in here has ever come close to a good non spam post and nothing of merit has ever been made.

I read the first part. and your wrong. most of the reps I got when i was a baby newb was for battling the mods in wrestling discussion, disagreeing with them. In fact, I became Shocky's protege by disagreeing with him in a Jeff Hardy thread of all the places.

zero chance im reading all that :icon_neutral:
Basically, it said that Czena sux.

I read the first part. and your wrong. most of the reps I got when i was a baby newb was for battling the mods in wrestling discussion, disagreeing with them. In fact, I became Shocky's protege by disagreeing with him in a Jeff Hardy thread of all the places.
If you keep reading, you'll see that I address this as well.

Surely your time isn't so precious you can't afford to read 30 seconds worth of a post.

Seriously, why should the forum be about "hard work"? I don't know about anyone else but I just come on here when I'm chilling out after doing work in real life.

I actually agree with Luther!

Why is this even an issue?

This^^^

Why discriminate, If bar room rep is turned off, Why should we have non-spam rep? If I want to show someone they have made a entertaining post, I'll rep them, But because it's a spam section, And i'm being judged for it.

Fuck off.

I will no longer give Green Rep in the Bar Room. Red Rep only.

You want admin green rep? Get into a non-spam section.

If you green rep me in the bar room, I will red rep you back.

This didn't last too long. You're setting a bad example..

Anyways, Justin called it.

The other thing is, aren't Advertisements click based anyway? By that I mean the amount of revenue this forum can generate is based on how many clicks someone makes and how many different pages they view? So the Bar Room should be the forum that generates the most revenue for Wrestlezone... it has more posts than any other forum, and accounts for over a third of the posts actually made on this forum. I understand that the spamming makes it easier to post more in here, but that in terms of financial bang for this forum (which is why I understand a lot of other changes have been made) it's big bucks.

IC no offense intended here but encouraging the negative stigma on this forum, and trying to force people to post elsewhere for rep (something that a fair few posters care for) is incredibly bad management, the same goes for any of the other Staff that are encouraging it.

The other thing is, aren't Advertisements click based anyway? By that I mean the amount of revenue this forum can generate is based on how many clicks someone makes and how many different pages they view? So the Bar Room should be the forum that generates the most revenue for Wrestlezone... it has more posts than any other forum, and accounts for over a third of the posts actually made on this forum. I understand that the spamming makes it easier to post more in here, but that in terms of financial bang for this forum (which is why I understand a lot of other changes have been made) it's big bucks.

IC no offense intended here but encouraging the negative stigma on this forum, and trying to force people to post elsewhere for rep (something that a fair few posters care for) is incredibly bad management, the same goes for any of the other Staff that are encouraging it.
love.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back