ECW: Denver Sub-Regional

Luger/Vader will be an interesting matchup. Luger has the strength and endurance to overcome Vader and the Torture Rack is an effective enough finisher. The bottom half of the region is a toss-up. I can see it coming down to Andre v. Show and I would pick The Big Show here so I predict it will be Luger/Vader v. Big Show

I mentioned it before, but I think Andre is getting overlooked here. I originally said he didn't stand a chance, and then saw that he had a few MMA fights in the 70's. If he can do that, he can fight in an ECW ring.

Lashley got a great draw. Luger and him both have enough power to take out any big man, regardless of the rules. Lashley is my favorite in the bottom half. He should be Andre in Round 2, and shouldn't have a problem with Big Show in Round 3.

Dory Funk shouldn't be forgotten, but even an upset over Show doesn't put him over Lashley.

X-Pac. Wow. Shocky, start planning the e-funeral. He's going to get hurt, and hurt badly. I almost want him to win the first round match, just to see IC go on about Vader ripping his head off and beating him with it in Round 2.

Finlay is still my pick over Luger, and could put up a fight against Vader, but the top half is Vader's to lose. In a Lashley v. Vader final, Lashley could win. He's got some speed and agility, and obviously has the muscle to take on Vader. The gimmick match will be the ultimate decision maker. Whoever wins, has a chance at making it deep into the tournament.

Edge wins over Lashley, but not Vader.

With all the muscle and huge guys here, Waltman is gonna get destroyed. Yay!

I think the addition of Lashley is interesting. We know he can beat big guys. The question is could he beat Andre? Maybe, maybe not.

Hmmm...I like Vader, but I like Lex Luger even more. Yep, I'll be pulling for him within this sub-region. Furthermore, I'll do everything within my power to get Andre The Giant eliminated as soon as possible. I have never understood why so many people consider him great. Admittedly, my knowledge of him consists mainly of his time in the WWF, so I'll have to look at some of his stuff from his time in the territories. I can only hope that his pre-WWF days back up all the hype, as he sure didn't live up to it during the 80s.

Two guys in here have landed impressively. Finlay and Vader are in their element. The hardcore advantage that these guys have will be interesting. Luger has the strength advantage, but Dave Finlay definately has the experience of the hardcore background with the Junkyard Invitational.

One guy who is remarkably out of his depth is Sean Waltman. I don't care just how many drugs he's on, he's definately not taking out Vader, even if he manages to get by the first round. Bye Bye X-Pac

I'll be surprised if X-Pac gets a single vote. I still think Big Show has what it takes to get to the finals. While Andre is bigger than him, Show is more athletic and can put away Andre in a good match.

Well... that's interesting. Bobby Lashley vs Andre in the second round potentially. Does Lashley's ECW reign, power and newly found MMA skills have what it takes to overcome the big man? I don't see him doing it, but it would be a pretty good match to think about.

Again, I'll need to do more research on Chono before automatically saying he'll lose, but it can't be a good match to have to face Andre.

Fan votes are definitely going to go to Andre. No question. Chono better have an impressive background to stand a chance at overcoming Andre. Even if he wins, he won't get far with all the other big men in this region. His next match would be with Lashley, and I'm sure I'll be hard-pressed to find anything worth voting for him in that one.

Don Muraco is not an ECW wrestler. That being said, he'll probably kill X-Pac in the first round, and that pisses me off. I really wanted to see Vader rip off Waltman's head and shove it up his ass. Muraco will win in a landslide, and then lose in a landslide to Big Van Vader.

I'm also kind of pissed about Finlay's first round match-up. I really thought he was the favorite to take on Vader to decide the top half, and now he's most likely a first round exit against Too Cool Scorpio. Finlay can deifnitely fight, and can get hardcore with anyone, but it'd take a lot to get over Scorpio. Scorpio is a big flier, and can mat wrestle with just about anybody. It'd be a great back and forth match, and is Scorpio's to win if he keeps it in the ring. If it gets out of hand, it's all Finlay. The winner is definitely the darkhorse to take out Vader.

I don't know anything about Jacobs, but I'm sure I'm not too far off when I say Big Show is going to hurt him.

4. Big Van Vader
61. "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn

:lmao:

To keep this from being non-spammy, I'll expound on that.

Billy Gunn, is going to get hurt. Badly. He needs to call his lawyer now, and get a Will put together. I never liked him in the ring, and know that he couldn't do shit without a tag partner. Vader would win this match in any environment, under any rules, with a blindfold on and his legs tied together.

To clear up a few unknowns and to give one of my rare opinions on the subregions, here we go.

To being with, Muraco actually held the ECW title back in the day. He was I believe their second champion. He really was pretty good in the ring and should flatten Waltman if there's any justice in the world.

CHono is a Japanese legend to say the least. He's a former NWA World Champion and has had some epics in his day. He mastered the STF that you see Cena butcher every week and made it one of the most feared submissions in wrestling. He's one of the biggest stars in Japanese history. That being said, he doesn't stand a chance.

Scorpio is from Denver and therefore should beat Finlay. People forget how awesome Scorpio really was. I'll certainly be voting for him.

Reactions: NSL
First Round Results:

Big Van VAder vs. Billy Gunn: 45-3. No surprise here. Gunn was a joke his entire career, and he was up against a legit beast.

X-Pac vs. Don Muraco: 16-21. The original rock has no problem dealing with the Kid.

Lex Luger vs. Bobby Heenan: 29-7. Comedy match, and Heenan managed a seven...

Finlay vs. Scorpio: 26-19. In a battle of technician vs. high flyer, the ground and pound takes the day.

Andre vs. Chono: 34-3. Well, it's not round 1 from two years ago where Raven knocked off teh Giant.

Lashley vs. the Hurricane: 24-10. Lashley has too much power for Sugar Shane to handle here.

Big Show vs Jacobs: 34-3. Again, too much raw size and power for the ROH star to handle in the Giant.

Dory Jr. vs. Hawk: 11-7: No one cared about this match by the looks of it.

Round 2 Matches:
Denver, CO.

4. Big Van Vader
36. Don Muraco

13. Lex Luger
20. Finlay

5. Andre the Giant
28. Bobby Lashley

12. The Big Show
21. Dory Funk Jr.

Round 2 Results.

Vader vs. Muraco: 35-2. The Mastadon rolls on as he destorys the original Rock. Vader is certainly going to be a tough out at this point.

Luger vs. Finlay: 24-17. Luger moves on as he dismisses of the Irish man. this sets up a match with Vader, in which I believe Luger has had some success against.

Andre vs. Lashley: 37-7. Andre is simply too much for the green horn of Lashley to handle. Andre's pure size is just too much for most to handle.

Big Show vs. Dory Jr.: 34-1. The Big Show just demolishes Dory Jr. in this showdown, setting up a colossal match in round 3.

Round 3:

Denver, CO.

4. Big Van Vader
13. Lex Luger

5. Andre The Giant
12. The Big Show

I'm loving the Big Show/Andre the Giant. I hope most do not vote for Andre just looking at his last few years. In his early years he was a great wrestler. It will be a strength v. strength matchup and Show is agile and quick in his own right so I'm expecting a great finish.

The only time Show was quicker than Andre was when Andre was on the verge of death. Well at least the death of his career. A younger Andre was one of the greatest wrestlers you'll ever see. Andre should win for the simple fact he was simply better.

Barring an Irish love-fest, Vader should go out to Luger. Luger is in better shape, is stronger, is faster (I don't give a shit was Irish says. He may have been an agile heavyweight, but he is slow.), and has a steel forearm.

You're out of your mind. The fact that you rate Luger over Vader in a Hardcore environment and the fact that you rate Paul Wight's athleticism over Andre the Giant just goes to show how little you actually know about professional wrestling.

And get over the garbage with people voting for Vader because of me. All I've done is present the information. Vader was a dominant athlete, and the greatest Superheavyweight in history. Sting was 10 times the wrestler Luger ever was, and Vader has a winning record against Sting. Take that to the bank.

Maybe if you were able to back up your claims with evidence / fact rather than accusing posters of backing someone just to be on my good side you'd be more respected.

Mythbuster:

Big Van Vader did well enough on his own in year one of the tournament, before Irish became a player on these forums. In year one, Van Vader somehow lost an Ultimate Submission match in round 4 to Triple H. So the Vader love fest isn't anything new on these forums, Irish just happens to be a big fan, and now he has influence on these forums. Damn IC for not pushing someone that the WWE regularly pushes down our throats week in and week out.

Maybe if you were able to back up your claims with evidence / fact

Fact? Uh oh, I'll leave that thread alone.

rather than accusing posters of backing someone just to be on my good side you'd be more respected.

Good job Vader is great, otherwise....

But anyway, I'll be voting for Big Show over Andre. I don't know much of his older stuff I'm supposed to watch to see this once great athlete I hear about. I've seen more than enough of him to think that it's just not true.

Wasn't Irish already WrestleZone Poster of the... Year? Was it year? Did they do it in years? I think it was years. He won the WrestleZone Posters tournament - that's what I mean.

Edit: Wait, wait. Didn't read that properly.

Also, Vader is great. The real mythbuster is that Irish heavily backed El Canek against one of the most hated men on the forums and lost. There's your mythbuster.

You might as well pencil in Andre vs. Vader, which I think is going to be headlined by myself vs. IC part 100-some odd. Luger was nowhere near the worker Sting was, ever. Vader and Sting is perhaps the best true rivalry in WCW history if not the entire decade of the 90s. Sting often lost to Vader, so I simply can't imagine Luger standing a chance in hell against him.

As for Big Show being allowed to even lace Andre's boots, give me a break. There are two American big men in history that I would even consider putting against Andre: Undertaker and Vader. Big Show is perhaps the most overrated big man of all time. I'd even take Kane over him. Andre was taller, heavier, stronger and better than Big Show. Also, Big Show would have too much respect for Andre to be the Big Nasty Bastard against him. Andre vs. Vader will happen, and it will be a fucking war.

Andre was taller, heavier, stronger and better than Big Show. Andre vs. Vader will happen, and it will be a fucking war.

I'll have to work on it a little, if I can be arsed. But I can debunk the Andre being bigger than Big Show line that people will bring up. I posted it somewhere in short.

Basically it was something like, if Andre is 7'4'' and Hogan is 6'7'', then why is there only about a 4 inch heigh difference.

Maybe I'll add a little more, maybe, just maybe I might make a serious post and actually try to win a debate properly. Or most likely not.

Also, Big Show would have too much respect for Andre to be the Big Nasty Bastard against him.

Andre is his Dad you know, there comes a time in every mans life when they realise they're bigger and stronger than their father. It's about that time when your father needs ou and you lose a little respect for them.

Big Show is stronger than Andre ever was.
You can't really prove that. If anything I believe there's a lot more evidence that Andre was stronger than the Big Show. I mean look at Andre's record in battle royals. He never lost a battle royal, despite the fact that the entire roster would always gang up on him in these matches. He'd still overpower everyone and go on to win the match. If Andre is strong enough to overpower an entire roster of wrestlers, than he's strong enough to overpower the Big Show. Plus Andre is bigger than the Big Show. I think the strength advantage goes to Andre here.

I'll have to work on it a little, if I can be arsed. But I can debunk the Andre being bigger than Big Show line that people will bring up. I posted it somewhere in short.

Basically it was something like, if Andre is 7'4'' and Hogan is 6'7'', then why is there only about a 4 inch heigh difference.
This is a kayfabe tournament and kayfabe wise Andre is bigger than the Big Show. This point cannot be disputed without breaking kayfabe, therefore your argument doesn't hold water.

This is a kayfabe tournament and kayfabe wise Andre is bigger than the Big Show.

The difference being that, even under kayfabe, reality doesn't morph itself. Personally, I'm not too bothered who wins. You can lie about someone's height, but you can't physically change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back