Dolph Ziggler Discussion: Is He Really Perfection?

Dolph Ziggler: The Next Mr. Perfect?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was just thinking the same thing Lariat. Now I realise why many people praise you (unless you have edited those quotes at the bottom, lol... jokes)!!!

As the saying goes, anything can happen in WWE. With Dolph Ziggler, he has the look, the ability, the athleticism & the gimmick. If Ziggler can tweak his character into perfection, as your thread title seems to ask, then yes he can be easily pushed for the championship with a pretty decent run. There are plenty of contenders for the IC championship on SmackDown if he becomes champ. Ziggler makes a perfect mid-card champion with the look he sports, Rey Rey not so much (though him and Jericho gave the IC belt that prestige it needed).

I don't give the same opinion for the WHC scene as of yet even though he beat John Morrison who beat CM Punk, the champ. If CM Punk is getting a lengthy run, I dont expect Ziggler to gun for the WHC anytime soon (unless WWE throws me curve ball & includes him in a scramble match like with TBK).

I don't think Dolph will be a main-eventer. Sure, his gimmick suits him, it's great for heat and it could push him to the mid-card for sure. I can see him getting a few high-profile wins here and there, but I just don't believe, given his current gimmick, it has the sustainability to hold up in a main event level.

Talent-wise, yes. Dolph could easily become a main-eventer. To me, he's like Jack Swagger - a young kid that's a natural heel and has a whole hell of a lot of charisma.

Dolph Ziggler definitely has potential. I don't think he should be anywhere near the World Title scene, but he's someone everyone should keep an eye on. The kid has a great look, and by all accounts good ring and mic skills. His charisma seems to be lacking a tad bit, but that's something he can overcome.

But before I'm fully convince on him, I'd like to see what he can do in a long term feud. His feud against The Great Khali wasn't really a feud, so that doesn't count. We have yet to see him be put in a situation where he had to be ruthless, and cut a hard promo, so we still don't know if he can pull that kind of stuff off. I think the one thing that will hurt him more than any other is believability when purposely hurting someone and when on the microphone, so I’m waiting to see just how he can perform under the circumstances of a heated feud that would call for him to do such things.

I said way back after Zigglers match with Batista on raw that this man has potential to do somthing semi big - big in the WWE. He has a really good look, and personally i think the blonde hair seperates him from other wrestlers like him.

His moveset is above average, he seems to be able to gain decent heat from the crowd and has a good look so i suppose the question is can this guy become a future main event player ?

I say yes, miby in a couple of years, but he will be more of a Jericho ME guy, were he will dip in and out.

IMO this guys is gold if they book him right, he is very solid in the ring and is just gonna keep getting better. At NOC i like for him to beat Rey Rey for the IC title. that would help push him toward the ME scene by beating a former world champ. He needs to have a great IC title run with lots of cheap heel wins, almost like Orton's great run except for without evolution. and when hes finally ready he can drop the IC title and head for bigger and better things. its only a matter of time

I remember laughing out loud the first time I saw the Dolph Ziggler character because I was sure he would be released within weeks. I thought it was completely cheesy and ridiculous. However, over the past few months I've become a believer even with limited exposure to the guy since I don't have access to MyNetworkTV. He has a great look (although he does have bad hair), he is solid in the ring, has decent charisma, is able to draw a good amount of heat and he is solid in the ring- all things that are critical for success. If he can make his way through the mid card range successfully, I think he could be a viable main event candidate within the next year.

ofcourse he's not joing the ME yet. he's had this gimmick for less than a year. it is very rare to get pushed to the ME quickly and he's not big enough for a that kind of a quick push (and i mean size wise, lets face it if brock wasnt a massive man he would not have gotten the push he did). ziggler isnt ready for the mainevent but a good feud with rey would push him to the moon as a heel and i see him being a key part of the future of wwe

I was watching smackdown a few weeks ago and J.R.mention something that really bothered me and made me think for a few days. He said Dolpf Ziggler reminds him of a cross of Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect. Both were well respected in the wrestling world and top class athletes. The only problem is...neither of them won the WWE championship. Is it safe to say Ziggler will suffer the same fate or can he be the one to overcome their shadow and stand out on his own character without being compared to past wrestler(s) and win the top gold and make something more out of himself and set a standerd as Mr.Perfect has set for him, since that's who his reminds a lot of people of.

I don't take what the announcers say when they compare a wrestler to a past one in high regard. I think they were saying that Ziggler has the arrogance of a Rick Rude or Mr. Perfect. The wrestlers shouldn't worry about who they are being compared to because if they worry too much about living up to those expectations, they will most likely fail.

Ziggler doesn't deserve to be compared to either of those wrestlers, certainly not until he does something. The only thing he's done since he left the Spirit Squad and became Dolph Ziggler is lose a couple of US and IC title matches and pretty much do nothing else of consequense. Just because he has the same hair style as Mr. Perfect, doesn't mean he is anywhere near the same person. You shouldn't believe everything JR tells you.

Wait a minute? So because Jim Ross compared Dolph to Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect it automatically means that there's a possibility he suffer the same fate as them and not get to hold a World Title? That’s ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Dolph Ziggler is still very young as he is 29 so he has a lot of time to do the things necessary to get a World Title. He will get a World Title if he can get over with the crowd and management thinks he deserves one. It’s very plain and simple, when management thinks he has done enough, seems like a credible threat, is over with the crowd, e.t.c, then he will get a World Title shot and possibly win the big one. Like I said, just because Jim Ross compares him to Rude and Mr. Perfect it doesn’t mean he’s going to have the same fate as them and not get to hold a World Title.

I agree with you 100%. That's why it bother me when he said it. In the ring I don't see Mr. Perfect at all.

Alright let me clears this up before it gets nasty. I'm not saying he is the replica (if I spelled it righ) of Mr. Perfect, but by J.R. and a bunch of other people compering those two. They are putting him or maybe making him feel he has to live up to him and make him want to do better than him...as in winning the top gold. I'm just asking ya' guys for ya'll thoughts on the situation or the whole look on if Ziggler has what it takes to be his own man and not get compared to Perfect. Thanks for ya'll feedback so far.

Well, if you ask me, I can see how Jim Ross would compare Dolph Ziggler to Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect, but by arrogance only. I find Rude and Hennig to be much better wrestlers than Ziggler and I think they should have gone farther in their career, than Ziggler most likely will. I still think that Ziggler still has some training to do, and I don't see how Ziggler could be compared to those two legends in the skills department. But, I think that Ziggler will likely win the ''Big One'' sometime in the future, something that Rick Rude and Curt Hennig did not.

Well honestly when looking at Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect you have to remember both men won world titles one in AWA and the other in WCW. Just because the Connecticut giant didn't ever give them the world title they did their part by making Warrior and Hogan look good in all their matches because we know Warrior didn't carry Rude in those feuds, and Perfect helped elevate other guys that came from tag teams like Bret Hart at Summerslam.

When it comes to Dolph Ziggler (by the way I think that is the worse name since Ezekiel Jackson) he is improving as time goes on, and you can see bits and pieces of the way he executes finishing moves of Rick Rude and Mr. perfect, and he is arrogant I mean c'mon his entrance theme is "perfection" he is the model of what they want as the next Mr. Perfect the only thing he is truly lacking right now is a real sense of mic skill, but I am sure our former cheerleader will get it right eventually...

Really both men are legends and by saying that he means he thinks dolph ziggler will get far in the buisness etc. However I don't think Dolph Ziggler will be doomed to mid card forever. He will have his time soon. He is very young still so he has a long time to get a shot at the me

Well, you can't judge if Ziggler will win gold based upon people he's compared to as. Anything is possible, and he could one day become a terrific heel, and have fans booing loudly daily.

However, I think Ziggler's fate will be in the mid card, wrestlin' for the mid card gold. He just doesn't seem like a main eventer, and there is a leap of more deserving main eventers that will get pushed before him. Ziggler isn't big enough, his gimmick is a one trick pony, and he does'nt generate too much heat as of now.

It seems Ziggler will remain in the midcard, but anything is likely, so you never know. But, you can't judge his success by who he's compared to.

I don't think Ziggler will ever win one of the big two. These days in the WWE you don't have to be the most skilled person to win the heavyweight championship (Just look at Jeff Hardy) you just have to have a character that draws a great fan response. Ziggler's character doesn't do that at this point and I doubt it ever will unless they make him do something extremely bold. So with that said no I don't think he will ever be anything more than a mid carder.

If this has been done, sorry.

If you think about it all the greats have had original characters and they never tried to be the NEXT some one else. Shawn is the HBK, Undertaker is the dead man, Austin was the rattle snake, Benoit was the crippler, etc. The only person with out an original character who went really really far in the world of pro wrestling is Hogan. Hogan's gimmick in his prime was that really American dude, that gimmick has been done a lot for example, Lex Luger, Jim Duggan, etc. So should WWE try and make Ziggler great with an original character rather than a Mr. Perfect wanna be?

Dolph Ziggler has a gimmick that is cocky, self confident, and brash; he thinks he's perfect. Mr.Perfect was different. Curt Henning was a character that was perfect at everything, and had a technical wrestling style. Dolph Ziggler is just being arrogant and that's his gimmick. Ziggler works a similar style. Dolph Ziggler is not perfect, mr.perfect was - Ziggler is just in your face with his confidentness and that makes him a heel that gets heat fairly easy. Therefore, Ziggler's gimmick is unique, and not based off of Mr.Perfect's, they just work a similar style. Ziggler is coming into his own, and can only be compared to Perfect, becasue Ziggler is Ziggler.

I'd argue that a gimmick that has been revised, or based off of someone else's can be just as successful. Sandman was actually the first to use Steve's gimmick. And there's many more of successful gimmicks that look similar to another. Furthermore, there's not many gimmicks one can use, thus it may look like a wrestler has a gimmick related to another.

Maybe I'm missing something...but how exactly is WWE grooming Ziggler to be the next Mr. Perfect?

Because he has curly blonde hair? Because he has a ridiculous orange tan? I mean he's charismatic, much like Perfect was. But I see Ziggler as far more menacing than Perfect was.

Why does everyone have to be the "next ________"? Why can't they just be themselves?

So I've been watching Ziggler lately and what I've noticed is a similarity between him and Curt Hennig. From his attitude, his in ring work all he really needs is to be put on the mic some more. What I'm getting at is, Ziggler seems to have the tools Hennig did. Will we see him reach the level of the late Mr. Perfect? If he's used correctly and he stays consistent, I think there is a chance that he could very well be as successful as Hennig. Let me know what you all think.

I agree. He's got the look, the build and the skill set to move on up in the ranks and be a top guy in the business in the near future. He has really shined lately, and even with Rey suspended, he'll keep going up. That break in the feud will just let him face off against some different opponents for a little bit. As far as Henning goes, I'd say he could surpass him. I could see a world title on the man in a few years. He's shown a great deal of talent so far and I expect him to just keep getting better and better. I like his very aggressive style, but I think his finisher needs to be changed or made to look a lot more powerful.

Outside of that, he looks pretty damn good. Not bad for a former member of the Spirit Squad!!!

I'm not trying to be an oddball or anything, but I really don't see what all the hype is about. I find Dolph Ziggler to be less than mediocre in the ring. Sure, he has the look of a champion, but other than that, I don't see what's so special abouut him. The one thing that I've found in common with his matches is that his opponents have to carry him each time.

He has skill... I'll give him that. But I don't see anything besides his hair that makes him even close to being like Mr. Perfect. Curt Hennig was an all-around better wrestler than Ziggler. He had the mic skills, while I haven't seen much of from Ziggler. Mr. Perfect had the full package, while I believe Ziggler still has a long ways to go.

Sorry!

Personally I hate the guy's guts then again that's what makes him a good heel but i can't wait till Maria hopefully dumps his ass after him TWICE failing to win the IC title which i can see him turning on her and hit her with his finisher and that would not only make the fans hate him even more but can u see how much heat he would get if he did that i can see promos from this guy ranting on about how he never needed Maria and how he just used her just to finally win the IC title now that would make him a perfect ass heel of course if any guy thought about hurting any diva would definitely have every face come after him but that's just my oppion other than that i do admit i like his entrence and i'll hand it to him he's a bit cocky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back