WWE Brass High On Dolph Ziggler: Should They Be?

Is WWE Right About Ziggler?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE management is said to be very happy and impressed with Dolph Ziggler. The brass is surprised how well Ziggler has progressed during his US title run as a character and feel he comes across like a star. They also acknowledge that he's done a good job carrying matches against Mason Ryan at house shows and on Raw. Ziggler has made Ryan look formidable and impressive despite him being extremely green.

I've been a firm fan of Ziggler since his days as Intercontinental Champion. He progressed nicely in the ring while he was the IC champ and while he was feuding with Edge. As United States Champion, I agree with WWE management in that Ziggler has done a good job of developing himself as a character and on the mic. Personally, I think Ziggler still has some work to do but he's come a long way over the course of about year and a half.

So what do you think? Has your opinion of Ziggler changed to any degree? Do you think management being impressed is ultimately a sign of bigger things to come for Ziggler?

Ever since Dolph Ziggler started feuding with Rey Mysterio for the championship, have I liked this him. He's been consistently great in the ring, something which I think will carry him a long way, even if he's not the smoothest guy on the microphone. But I do definitely agree, Dolph has heavily improved over the course of the past year, and have many great matches to show for it as well, including some good feuds with the likes of Edge.

Dolph Ziggler to me looks like the type of guy WWE would like to build in the mid-card heavily, make him a consistent star that will have the crowd begging for him to become a world champion when he turns face, or absolutely despise him when he does become one as a heel. He's a guy who could easily serve as either an enhancement talent for the main eventers (Ala Chris Jericho, I made that reference a little over a year ago I believe), or as a firm main event star, and he's definitely getting the plateau to showcase himself alongside Vickie Guerrero.

Dolph Ziggler still has a while to go, but it's great to see that WWE is taking notice of the guy, and taking a liking to his noticeable improvements over the last years time. I'm sure eventually it will come to benefit him once he finally gets a push beyond the mid-card, but I wouldn't mind seeing him become someone who is build strong in the mid-card before getting pushed, with some formidable long reigns (Like he already has as Intercontinental and United States champion).

Dolph Ziggler IMO is currently the only thing entertaining about World Wrestling Entertainment. Execs should be very high on him right now.

Yes, though Ziggler may not be the best man on the mic at this point he has shown marked improvement, throw in his great ring work and we have a future big name in WWE. He really does bring a sort of prestige to the US title, and when he won it I wasn't happy with it originally. I didn't think he deserved it and saw it as a guy I didn't care for taking the Raw mid card title and keeping someone I thought needed it more from having it. However since winning the US title he really does get better every time we see him, his in ring skills have always been good but now they're excellent and he seems to be more and more comfortable on the mic.

I like the little stable they have Ziggler in with Rhodes,Christian, and Swagger but he needs to assert himself more and not just sit in the back because so far that's what he's been doing. This group could make a good feud with a group of faces but I hope they drop it relatively soon because if Dolph is going to be a star he needs to do so in singles competition on his own. That being said I think after his time with the group he needs to drop Vicki, it was a good pairing for him and helped him along his way but he needs to be able to stand out on his own without a crutch like Vicki, then I think it will show that he can kick ass without having someone there to help him. If he could lead into that and become a better promo cutter then I definitely see a bright future ahead of him and I will try to stop giving him crap for the spirit squad, but I probably won't.

Dolph Ziggler is one of the best on the roster at the moment.

He made my Fave Five on the WZ forums several times. He's a great wrestler, he keeps the action going which in turn makes the matches feel more legit. He's got great charisma... he's one of my personal favorites.

I'd love to see Ziggler move on to bigger and better things once he loses his United States Chamionship.

I don't do this whole fave five people are high on but I am definitely a huge Ziggler fan. I want him to win a world title, I'd love to see Punk win the title from Del Rio and hold it until after Wrestlemania, all the while building Ziggler up to feud with Punk for the title, I think those two could put on some great matches and it would make Ziggler look even better.

They're high on him? Could of fooled me. Burying your US Champ with Jack Swagger in useless tag matches while Ziggler could be defending his title in a meaningful feud which would help propel his status? Yeah, they may be high on him, but this is another example of how stupid the WWE is.

I've always been a fan of Dolph Ziggler, ever since I first saw an episode of Smackdown and thought he was German. He's developed an entertaining, well-rounded character. But there are a few things that he could definitely improve on. He has been known to be occasionally sloppy in the ring, and he's only started to get good heat recently (even after being with Vickie Guerrero for a year), despite being competent and comfortable on the mic.

But overall, he has been good and he's got boundless potential. I think WWE are definitely right about Ziggler. They know what makes a star, so why wouldn't they be?

I've enjoyed Ziggler for quite some time now. He's young and improving, not much more you can ask for there. He's pretty good on the mic, can get a reaction out of the crowd, can work his character, is good in the ring... this guy could very well be the future for the WWE. He's already had a solid reign with the Intercontinental Championship, gotten a World Heavyweight Championship rub from Edge, and now he's carrying the United States Championship and doing one hell of a job. The title needed some stability and it needed someone who could offer that and carry it well -- Ziggler has proven to be that guy. The longer his reign has gone on, the better he has gotten. Not only is that a great thing for him, but it's a great thing for the WWE, as they now have some more prestige added to that belt.

The future is certainly bright for Dolph Ziggler and I can see him being a pivotal part of the main event scene in the next year. He's prime and ready for a push on his own, not to mention the fact that with Vickie Guerrero as his manager, he offers something that most people in wrestling don't have today -- Plus, Vickie is a heat-magnet, so it helps him take off as a heel. Ziggler is a bit of a "throwback" in the sense that he has a manager and it's working. That used to be a part of the formula for wrestling, but got lost over the years, bringing it back with Ziggler was a great idea on the WWE's part.

Ziggler is not a finished product by any means, but he's just a step below the main event... So, like I said, in the next year, I can see him jumping up and becoming a cog in the main event "machine." Ziggler has the fundamentals down, he only needs to add a bit of polish to his game and strengthen up a few weak spots. If he does that; he has all the tools to become a star, as he is already well on the way.

Like many people in this thread, I've been a Ziggler fan since day one. I would love to see him get a main event push, because unlike The Miz and Del Rio he actually deserves it imo.

Dolph has made some amazing improvements such as his mic skills and boy has it paid off. I loved his promo from last Monday's Raw when he just screamed that he was the 'Natural, The Show Stealer, The HEEL.... Dolph Ziggler' Just epic. Him and Punk best things going in WWE right now.

Yes, they should be high on him.

Dolph Ziggler has really grown on me. I've always been a fan of his but ever since his move to Smackdown he's been one of my 3 favorite guys on the roster.

He's great in the ring, very good on the mic, and has a great, old school-like look and feeling to him. I don't see why the WWE wouldn't want him in the main event. He has a lot of charisma and he's really getting over with the crowd. It was only a matter of time before his talents got recognized.

While Dolph Ziggler is clearly a talented guy, he's really working from behind the eightball. He's got a pretty silly name, he's an average sized guy, has a weird look (no grown man should have hair like that) and a manager that's a dominant personality. Lets say he leaves Vickie and goes his own way, who is he? How is he any different from Alex Riley? So what if he's okay on the mic, what does he have to say?

Right now the character is "a smarmy elitist with a cougar manager." (please give me a different take on the character, I really struggled to find more to say) Take away the manager and what you have left is an above average wrestler with a silly name and nothing to say, other than maybe "I'm better than you blah blah blah."

The WWE should be high on Dolph Ziggler, but they can screw him up very easily if they don't put more into the character.

Absolutely YES. Ziggler has gotten better and better ove the years and I hate him! Because he is a fantastic Heel.

His Promo's on True long island stories were great and WWE may have taken notice as I saw alot of the #HEEL in Ziglers Raw Promo in Mexico City..... Mason Ryan owes a shit load to Ziggler at the moment because the Green bastard doesnt currently deserve to be on television until he sorts out his In ring performances out a tad.

They should be high on Ziggler. He's incredibly gifted in the ring. No, not "he's fluid and rarely botches and has a solid moveset". I mean everything in his match makes sense. The timing of his moves (not fluidity, as in, does this move make sense), the way he sells (worked his ass off for Ryan, sold his own finish when he hit it on the floor vs Orton), etc are all really good. He looks constantly in character and his promo in Mexico was really good, he looks confident and he looks like "Dolph Ziggler" at all times. People buy into him.

While Dolph Ziggler is clearly a talented guy, he's really working from behind the eightball. He's got a pretty silly name, he's an average sized guy, has a weird look (no grown man should have hair like that) and a manager that's a dominant personality. Lets say he leaves Vickie and goes his own way, who is he? How is he any different from Alex Riley? So what if he's okay on the mic, what does he have to say?

Right now the character is "a smarmy elitist with a cougar manager." (please give me a different take on the character, I really struggled to find more to say) Take away the manager and what you have left is an above average wrestler with a silly name and nothing to say, other than maybe "I'm better than you blah blah blah."

The WWE should be high on Dolph Ziggler, but they can screw him up very easily if they don't put more into the character.

No grown man should look like half of pro wrestlers. That's why they do it. You don't tune in to see a bunch of normal looking dudes have competitive matches.

He's not really average sized because he's incredibly athletic for how big he is. Vickie has helped him get heat definately, but he's very good on his own. By himself he's miles ahead of Riley because Ziggler is a top 10 in ring worker (see my previous post). Riley is very good for how long he's been on TV and I can see Riley being like Ziggler eventually. However, EVERYTHING Dolph does is "Dolph Ziggler".

The complexity of the character isn't as important from a "what is he" standpoint as a "how is he portrayed" standpoint. Pro wrestling is checkers, not chess. It's why oscar caliber movies don't draw as much summer blockbusters. Most people don't want an incredibly deep character, they want a fun, simple character that's very well played.

Rhodes is sort of my go-to example. He speaks, walks, and wrestles in character. Ziggler is similar although not as extreme.

WWE doesn't screw up as many guys as the IWC likes to think (Ted Dibiase, JoMo), they usually screw themselves up. If you're good, you get over.

Ziggler is a lot like Shawn Michaels. He is arrogant, constantly carries that arrogance. In the ring everything he does is 'BIG' and he has a focus on detailed selling and "when is this move appropriate". Now, am I saying "Ziggler is as good as HBK"? No, that's insane. Just saying he is good for the same reasons that HBK was good and maybe in time, Ziggler will get close to that level. If you really need an example of the similarity. Watch any old HBK vs big man match, then watch how Ziggler sold for Mason Ryan. It's something everyone should know "fling yourself around to make the big guy look even stronger" but very few guys do well. It requires a ton of coordination and athleticism to fling yourself and make it look like you're a rag doll.

I think Ziggler is great....been a fan since the beginning. What I dig the most is how he sells a bump, reminds me of Mr. Perfect/Flair style when he takes a shot to the face...but seriously, he's a great heel because of the crossover appeal "love to hate" him ya know?

I LOVE Dolph! He has it all i think, good look, excellent in the ring and decent on the mic (always getting better). it was a great move putting vicki with him to get the heel heat rolling and i think after WM he can lose her and move onto the main event as a heel! He showed he can hang with the big boys in his matches with Edge, Orton and i think he may have had one with Cena. what i love most about is the way he sells! Check out his sell for Edges spear on youtube!! I think he is up there with Punk and Bryan for wrestling skills and will defo be a World Champion! think of the matches him and punk could put on... WOW!! Go DZ!

The man himself, is growing in leaps and bounds and the reality is he is far bigger than WWE is allowing him to be... but the name sucks ass... big time... Let him be Nick Nemeth or some variation of... Are kids gonna buy Dolph Ziggler merch as a top face... probably not... or parents won't let them if they saw Boogie Nights...

Have him go face, renounce the WWE name and say "I was Nicky, I was Dolph... I AM Nick Nemeth" there is a gimmick that has Road To Wrestlemania all over it....

Easy question for me. He has everything it takes to be a future main eventer. I've been saying that for a long time. He should drop the U.S. Title to Ryder so Ryder can get his push, and then move up to the big leagues and start feuding with the Cenas, Punks and Ortons. I would love to see Punk vs. Ziggler for the WWE Title at Mania.

There is a reason why Nick Nemeth is the only member of the previous Spirit Squad to still be employed by the WWE. If he has the right attitude, works hard to improve in all facets, has definitely evolved from the original Dolph Ziggler into this then I believe he would be worthy of a strong push and would believe that WWE is high on him. He reminds me a little of Curt Hennig in the way they both seemed very confident in themselves. I believe his improvements compare to Bobby Roode.

The man himself, is growing in leaps and bounds and the reality is he is far bigger than WWE is allowing him to be... but the name sucks ass... big time... Let him be Nick Nemeth or some variation of... Are kids gonna buy Dolph Ziggler merch as a top face... probably not... or parents won't let them if they saw Boogie Nights...

Have him go face, renounce the WWE name and say "I was Nicky, I was Dolph... I AM Nick Nemeth" there is a gimmick that has Road To Wrestlemania all over it....
So, take a "brand" which is what "Dolph Ziggler" is. A known brand, and rebrand him and change his name from something that you damn sure remember to something people will go "What's ziggler's new name? Nick Norris? Nick Nathan?"

Bad idea. The name isn't that bad, in fact, it's not really bad at all. It sticks in your mind. Is "The Rock" really all that good? What's he gonna do? Sit there and hurt me if I stub my toe on him? The name doesn't make the wrestler, the wrestler makes the name. Dolph has done a fantastic job at building up his "brand", changing it would be unfair to Dolph.

Why the fuck do so many of you guys want to make Dolph normal? "Change his crazy hair and crazy name". So basically you want a normal looking athletic guy with a normal name. Yea, that's what people who are flipping channels want to stop and see.

Ziggler has gotten so much better since his days in the Spirit Squad or being Chavo's underling. I started to see that he was a lot better than I thought around the time he began feuding with Edge for the World Championship over on Smackdown. Before that I hated the guy. He has improved in basically every category and the fact that WWE are thinking highly of him right now means he may be moving up the card soon because only the best in their eyes get to be in the world title tier. Ziggler is ready for the main event and Raw needs him.

Eh. I'm still think of Ziggler as a guy that has terrible matches when you most expect it as evidenced by his Capitol Punishment. The U.S. Title has never done anything for me and I think that he wouldn't be where he is without Vickie. Doing it without her is the real test to me.

Eh. I'm still think of Ziggler as a guy that has terrible matches when you most expect it as evidenced by his Capitol Punishment. The U.S. Title has never done anything for me and I think that he wouldn't be where he is without Vickie. Doing it without her is the real test to me.

You're judging Ziggler's ability to put on a good match on his one match at Capitol Punishment rather than all the other great matches he's put on? The big botch was Kofi's fault. Selling a Zig Zag in a sleeper hold looked so bad. But I'm sick of everyone using that against Dolph. He's a talented guy that has more than made up for that match by putting on great match after great match. That was Ziggler's only bad match that I can think of. Ziggler's good to great matches? Countless. So I don't see why you would judge him on one match rather than the majority of his matches. He was praised for carrying Mason Ryan who is green as hell. The guy can flat out wrestle.

And about Vickie I think he doesn't really need her anymore. If the backstage news about him being liked because he's developed a great character is true then expect a split soon. He has really been improving his mic work and I don't see why anyone would call him a terrible worker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back