Should Dolph Ziggler lose the MITB briefcase?

LeviCook

Pre-Show Stalwart
My question to you is do you think Dolph Ziggler should lose his Money in The Bank briefcase? Lately Dolph Ziggler has failed to cash in his Money in The Bank. Every time he attempts something happens to prevent him from doing so. My idea involves creating a more believable Ziggler. I know losing makes you question how that would make him stronger but hear me out. Let's say Dolph Ziggler cashes in at Night of Champions. He FINALLY becomes champion, Then what? We see Sheamus get a rematch. Then...Nothing. I believe Ziggler will shine more as he chases instead of actually capturing. Now what if Ziggler lost the briefcase? Tease him cashing in more for a couple months but never actually getting the chance. Then he's forced to defend it against (INSERT NAME HERE) and loses. So Ziggler loses the one championship match he had guaranteed. Now he is at the bottom trying to prove he deserves a shot. From there have Ziggler continuously lose. Let Ziggler hit rock bottom. Let him lose his show off ways. Have Vickie drop him as a client. This creating a more determined Ziggler. Royal Rumble time comes and Ziggler is entrant #1. Ziggler goes on to pull an "upset" and wins the Royal Rumble. Finally getting back to where he believes he belongs and the old Ziggler returning. Regaining his show off ways and the confidence he once had. Nothing more says show off like entering the Royal Rumble at Number 1 and getting the win. Have him go on to Wrestlemania to finally become champion.

What do you think?
How would you book Ziggler?

That seems like an awesome to book Ziggler and I hope that is what happens because I think it's about time he gets Main Event treatment, and what better way than winning the Royal Rumble and then winning Wrestlemania?

However I have a strong feeling that Wade Barrett will win this years Royal Rumble.

I actually really like this idea... make him the little train that could so to speak, every chance he gets to get to the spotlight he drops the ball and keeps dropping the ball but I'd say keep him winning all other matches to prove that he deserves to be facing the champ but he can never claim the big one.. then finally right before rumble Vickie drops him and you see him get more or less depressed and thinking he can't do it. Then he turns out to be number 1 in the Rumble and he comes out like great, now all the odds are against me and I have to outlast 29 people to win, and keep him barely saving himself and just being lucky as all hell to somehow get into the final 2 competitors, preferably against a major heel so everyone will want Ziggler to win the Rumble and all eyes are on him and he somehow comes up with an amazing victory. This would give him amazing confidence and then at Wrestlemania say if he doesn't win it this time, he is going to leave WWE forever maybe? that might be a little much but build him up as another "boyhood dream to come true" competitor much like HBK was in the early to mid 90's.

on that baisis, he would be come a massively over face heading into Wrestlemania 29.

Do WWE look at a heel Cena vs Ziggler or a heel Orton vs Ziggler as one of the main events going to Mania 29??? I think Ziggler is certainly ready for the top tier, I just hope when he gets a run with the belt, it isnt a caretaker role. His first reign was a joke, he doesnt need a second quickie reign at all. And I still feel Heel Ziggler has so much more mileage in the tank. But yes that idea is original and would work for me. Kudos

I support this idea. Successfully cashing in the MITB isn't the only way to elevate a star.

I mean look at how Miz and Del Rio ended up. They both have been having a hard time making people give a crap about them after losing their title.

If his MITB briefcase is to elevate him at all - it needs to be done in one of two ways. He must either cash it in with advanced notice and then go on and win a competitive match. Or he cashes it in, sacks Vickie G, and goes super bad like Edge did.

Deferring it too long will make the crowd fail to get behind him in the long term.

Perils of STOP/START/STOP booking and pushing from creative.

I actually thought they should have run the story with Jericho a bit different. I would have had the match at Summerslam be Contract vs briefcase, and have Jericho win. He could have come out on Monday and said something about how he won the big one and now he has a shot at the title,...but he wasn't gonna lose it and he had decided to leave the WWE. He could have left with the briefcase, which no one has ever done and it would set up his return at any time until Wrestlemania. It would have made more sense to do this than the way they did it.

Going this way,...it could have worked with your storyline idea,...and it would have been very entertaining.

I do like this idea, don't get me wrong, but why not have him continue his feeble attempts until RIGHT BEFORE the cashing in expires, THEN have him cash in and win? Or why not have him cash in after the WM29 WHC match? That way, we can continue seeing Dolph's little fake out bit longer AND we still get to see him cash in on -insert name here- to ACTUALLY WIN the WHC, which is something I've been waiting for for forever.

Its a good idea simply because edge,cm punk are the only two since MITB began that has been able to stay on top after losing it. So him losing it would be good for his long turn character. Everyone should know his current "failed attemps" is just for build up just like what miz was doing. But wwe will not make him lose it in there eyes the MITB holder needs to b successful

Anyone is better than Sheamus or ADR at this point I think he should fail a few more times and then take on a Eddie Guerrero-esque "lie cheat steal" and win. He would be over because of his entertaining shiesty ways but still draw heat.

Hmmm... this is an interesting idea. In order for it to fully play out though, he would have to lose the briefcase soon, and hit rock bottom quickly, and stay there pretty much until the Royal Rumble, but then maybe the Raw before RR he picks up a win on a higher profile star, maybe even a champion, making it an upset win, and some speculation developing.

However, booking him to go in as #1 is somewhat illogical, UNLESS he was turning face, or he cheated the entire match/rolled out of the bottom rope until the end/etc.

I kind of like the idea, and would definately enjoy seeing it possibly play out...

BUT... two words: BARRETT BARRAGE

That is a great idea, but here's an alternate idea, it worked for Edge, it can also work for Ziggler, keep him relevant, have him wrestle the top stars without cashing in his briefcase, and at Wrestlemania have a tough WHC title match, like a fatal four way, or a steel cage match, and whoever wins it start celebrating, and out of nowere Dolph Ziggler shows up and cashes in his briefcase, and the next night on Raw he can brag about winning the title at the grandest stage of them all, that way we get to keep the heel Ziggler.......

Ziggler should definitely keep his MITB. This is his chance to be something big. He could be the next Edge, or he could be the next Swagger. It all depends on how much he puts into his character. I think Ziggles will use this opportunity to jump into the Main Event scene of SmackDown, where he belongs.

No he should keep it til id say Royal Rumble cash in there......he needs to keep it....it works his Show off gimmick very well... Dolph has a chance to be a #2 heel to ADR....but imo Cody Rhodes will pass him soon....Cody is a guy the fans love to hate.

I do like the idea, and I think it would certainly build Ziggler up to the Main Event level. However, I have one problem with it, and that is, where in this storyline do you turn him face? I don't see your idea working unless he turns face. One possibility to turn him face is to have him end his losing streak against a heel superstar, someone like The Miz. He could then start to make fun of The Miz for beating him after being on a losing streak, and he could kind of, turn face because he's feuding with a heel and then start to embrace the fans. Though, in this situation, I would want the face turn to actually have a reason behind it, instead of him turning face just because he's against a heel. Anyway, if he lost MITB and your storyline were to happen, then I think losing the briefcase might actually be good for him. Also, during the losing streak they should have him start building some sympathy from the fans. Anyone else have an idea on how to turn him face if this angle were to occur?

I don't think he should lose the MITB briefcase. It's an unnecessary setback that Ziggler doesn't really need. Ziggler "failing" to cash in his briefcase only serves as a great tease. Whenever it's looked like he's about to cash in, the live crowd goes nuts. The "any place at anytime" aspect of the MITB concept is a HUGE part of what's made MITB so successful.

With WWE teasing Ziggler cashing in, it leaves the door open for them to potentially go in any number of directions with him. As long as they don't overdo it by having Ziggler tease cashing in so much that it loses it's novelty, they'll be fine. I think part of the problem some people are having is that they're still unused to the MITB briefcase holder keeping the case for extended periods of time. With the exception of a few times, most winners cash in on their first attempt.

Ziggler's popularity continues to grow. He gets a good mixed reaction these days, we saw examples of it during his feud with Jericho with dueling "let's go Ziggler/Y2J" chants during their matches. I don't think they'd have any problems turning Ziggler face and, personally, I think there's potential money in it. He's been with Vickie for a long time now and, frankly, he's long since gone as far as he can with her. Before this year is up, I expect Sheamus to drop the WHC to Alberto Del Rio. The fact that Del Rio scored not only a clean win over Randy Orton last night on SD!, but also scored a clean submission victory, suggests that WWE might still be punishing Orton for his Wellness Policy violation. Not that long ago, it looked as though WWE was teasing a possible feud between Del Rio & Ziggler. They had a couple of physical matches in which neither one of them came out on top, Del Rio kept Ziggler from cashing in his MITB contract very early on, they had a few heated words inside the ring, etc. I don't think it'd be difficult at all for WWE to turn Ziggler face, build him up over the course of the build towards WrestleMania and have him cash in his MITB briefcase at WrestleMania 29.

With the way the WWE Championship scene MIGHT be playing out, I think this is at least a possible way to go about things. Based on reports, Vince is pushing for Cena vs. Rock II at WM, which will almost certainly be for the WWE Championship. If that's how it's going to go, then I expect Punk to retain the title during his feud with Cena before dropping the title to The Rock at the Royal Rumble. Cena could be a participant in the Rumble, wind up winning the thing, and go onto WM in an attempt to avenge his loss at WM 28 and regain the WWE Championship. Ziggler, whether a face or a heel, could keep his briefcase and cash in at WM for his shot at being World Heavyweight Champion.

I know a lot of people don't like the idea of Cena winning the Rumble & going on to face Rock at WM for the title. I'm not personally thrilled about it but, let's face it, it's probably going to happen just that way if Rock's schedule allows him the time to compete at WM. So, this keeps the briefcase with Ziggler, the WWE has LOTS of time to determine what direction they want to go with and Ziggler could finally wind up having a great WM moment of his own.

I don't care for Ziggler and I get sick and tired of the constant teases. If he does it almost every week, it's not going to be some momentus occasion when he actually cashes it in. They would have been better off booking him like Edge did when he won the briefcase. Have Ziggler be in some feuds but always make sure to remember that he has the case. Edge was in feuds with Kane and Matt Hardy and the briefcase wasn't the main focus. He probably would be better off losing it and winning the Royal Rumble or something.

My first instinct was to call you an idiot for creating this post.

Then I thought about it more and your reasoning seems pretty valid. It is the reason I didn't really want Ziggler to win the MitB in the first place. He is too good for it! He deserves a match, not some cheap breifcase to win his first TRUE WHC. He would be considered a greater champion working his way through all the competition.

But let's look at the facts:
-Cashing-In keeps Ziggler heel, which he is clearly better at!
-MitB is considered an honor just like winning the Royal Rumble, the KotR tournament, Slammy Awards, etc.
-While some flounderd (Cena, RVD, Swagger) it has catapulted & revived careers (Edge, Punk, Kane, Miz, Del Rio, Bryan)

So while I see your concern and I would prefer Ziggler to beat a bunch of guys and win the World Title w/o the breifcase, he will most likely still have a solid title reign with HHH stating he wants longer title reigns & it will most likely propel him to greater heights!

Or how about having Ziggler fight the Rock at WM, and build it for a year?

I'm being sarcastic, but it is no more stupid than the initial post.

You people act like Dolph Ziggler is the next Hulk Hogan or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. I mean, if he was so proficient on the mike, then why does Ziggler need an ugly broad to talk for him?

Dolph Ziggler is not the embodiment of Hogan, Austin and the Rock combined like you people think he is.

I mean, I have never heard so much fanboydom in my life. DOLPH ZIGGLER! DOLPH FRIGGIN' ZIGGLER!

I enjoy his character, and he does wrestle good matches. But there is a difference between that and main-eventing Wrestlemania.

I think if they were serious about pushing Ziggler, then this is how they should do it. Have him win the IC or U.S. Title first, keep it on him for a year, and make it a relevant title again.

Then, build feuds for him against people like John Cena, Randy Orton and C.M. Punk, not for WM, but on PPV, even B grade ones. Give him two or three PPVs against the same top guy, and have him win in the end. Give him heaps of time on the mike, and make him a "main-eventer" (You people saying he is a main-eventer doesn't necessarily make it so). Give him a long and meaningful build, and then have him possibly do a segment with someone like the Rock or SCSA on "Raw" one night. See if he can hold his own (since this is the standard he needs to reach to be a main-eventer).

All this needs to be done first, before rushing him into a WM main-event, like the OP said. Austin, Rock, Triple H, in fact most of the stars have had a long, sustained build. It took SCSA two years to go from winning KOTR to main-eventing, and winning the title at WM.

This is another example where you let your love for a superstar blind what it good for business, and what generates money, and proof why Vince McMahon runs a million-dollar company, and you resort to professing your man-crush for a Billy Gunn-lookalike on the internet.

Sounds like a good plan, though i dunno if they really wanna go with everyone wins mitb wins the title to both guys who won lost there chance in the same year.

It is getting annoying and puzzling though that he is getting screwed out of his shot each time, not actually losing it. i dunno but if it was me in the other people's position i'd let him cash in or for Sheamus he's stopped him several times now, why? he'd still have to face him at some other time anyway and say for a Randy Orton, i know who'd i rather face for the title and it aint Sheamus :).

I'd say more like he doesn't cash in and still wins the title some how, i'd seriously hope though that the other half of the plan comes to fruition and that being get rid of Vickie and fly solo, get fan support and get to the title picture that way.

Kinda like HBK did, dropped his cocky ways, dropped any sidekicks/managers and got to Bret via grunt and hardwork

I say keep the MITB on Ziggler instead of this. Your underdog storyline works but the wrestler needs to be a popular enough face for the fans to care. Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy are such guys that got over with this build. Ziggler is only just getting noticed and losing streaks like this will make him look ridiculous instead of getting over.

Yes I think Dolph should lose. Dolph is nothing special and he never will be. He is a good mid carder and he should stay that way. Dolph being champion won't fool me into thinking he is main event material one bit. I know wwe likes to try new people with the strap at times but I firmly believe if you are not main event material you shouldn't hold the belt because it just makes them look weak.

Everyone knows that if Dolph was to actually win he would only keep it for a month or 2 before someone took it back.

Lets just say he cashes in on shameus. Are we really suppose to believe Dolph could keep shameus from getting his title back without cheating to win?

Dolph has zero mic skills which are required to stay on top and the only reason he draws any type of heat is because of vicky.

Dolph is no where ready for main event.

It would be insane to take away Dolph's briefcase, that might be the Gooker moment of the year if that happens.

Remember, a year ago Daniel Bryan had the briefcase and no one on here thought he would make a decent champion. Too small, too bland, wasn't even on TV consistently, etc. Fast forward and DB is considered a bona fide main eventer and very over.

This brings me to Dolph. I feel he has Vicki, a dumb character name, and a boring character. All that can be fixed in one swoop: have him leave Vicki, Vicki latches onto another up and coming heel and Dolph goes face. If WWE wants to take it a step further, and I doubt they will....but have Dolph say that Vicki made him use that awful name and now he will come out under his real name. Seriously only Mike McGillicutty has a worse name.

Dolph Ziggler should NOT lose his Money In the Bank briefcase. The only time that ever happened was with Kennedy when he had issues and got de-pushed. That should remain the only reason why anyone ever loses the briefcase when it gets put on the line. They won it through one of the most dangerous matches that WWE can offer, they shouldn't ever have to put on the line to begin with unless they are getting de-pushed. Kennedy was an extreme case where someone broke WWE's trust and lost the push of a lifetime. I highly doubt we will see something like that happen again, they probably have MITB pushes planned out WAY in advance so they know who they can trust with such a push.

The plan still appears to be for Ziggler to win the World Heavyweight Championship at some point within the next year or so. As long as that plan remains intact, he is to hold onto that briefcase like his career depends on it. I disagree with the idea from the opening post. Getting sympathy for someone will not help them get over, honestly the opposite would happen. Why undo all of the momentum Ziggler has gotten for himself in the past couple of years? The guy would be no better off than back when he was in the Spirit Squad. They should keep pushing him and I am completely against the idea of him ever losing the briefcase. Ziggler should keep it until he cashes in and (likely) wins the World Heavyweight Championship.

I actually really like this idea a lot. Having Dolph lose and then continue to lose weak after weak leading up to the royal rumble with Vickie leaving him and then when we get to the Royal Rumble he has no confidence, gets the #1 spot and really shows depression and frustration and then when it seems like he's about to hit the end of his rope and ready to call it quit who should walk into his dressing room....Ric Flair who cuts a promo with him helps return his confidence and return him to the show off we all know. He goes from 1 to the finals between him and someone like Del Rio/Daniel Bryan/Roode or some other heel only to win it.

Mean while in all this I would have Sheamus turn heel and go back to his dominate beat the hell out of everyone and just have him dominate the Smackdown roster.

Then the next night on RAW he calls out Flair to thank him and ask him to manage him but Flair responds that it's his time to do things on his own, time for him to show off what he can really do. Dolph acknowledges what Flair says and then picks Sheamus refering to how he's been the guy he couldn't beat and how he has become a guy no one can beat but he will show how great he is at Wrestlemania when he steals the show and wins the WHC from Sheamus.

Oh that would be my fantasy booking with this but honestly I love the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back