Dolph Ziggler - Push or Pull?

juggalotus

Whoop whoop!
Nick Nemeth has been seen under three different personas so far in the WWE. Nick Nemeth, the caddy; Nicky, the male cheerleader; and Dolph Ziggler who seems to have finally found his place in the WWE and a credible spot on the roster. As Dolph he has won the United States, Intercontinental, and World Heavyweight Championships. Dolph now is coming off a singles push that saw him challenge CM Punk a few times for the WWE Championship, and since then has been added to Team Johnny, and seems to be heading back to the upper midcard, lower main event.
What do you think has kept the WWE from pulling the trigger on Ziggler yet? I think his recent feud was a way of the WWE testing him for full time main event status, and hopefully he passed
If you would push Ziggler again, how would you do it? I'd keep him in the upper midcard for awhile, maybe give him and Swagger the tag titles for a few months to keep him relevant. Then when the Royal Rumble approaches, have him enter into a feud against a face WWE or WH Champion. Have the face champ tell Ziggler he's tried and failed at the Rumble twice, and he's a proven choke artist. Then at the Royal Rumble, Ziggler absolutely snaps and goes ballistic on whoever he's facing, leading up to him getting the clean pin for the championship.
Or would you pull Ziggler from the main event entirely, or even future endeavor him? Why?
Questions, comments, criticisms, whitisicisms?

What do you think has kept the WWE from pulling the trigger on Ziggler yet?
Ziggler won the title from Edge last year, but they did the test the waters title win like they did with Jericho when he beat Triple H but was forced to give the title back shortly after. Ziggler is one of the better wrestlers on the roster. I'm talking about all around talent in the ring. He's had his share of Middle Card title runs. He feuded with Kingston for too long on both Raw and Smackdown. His feud with Ryder was good, but it could have been better. Ziggler needs another main event level feud, and a good one. I think the main reason they haven't pulled the trigger on Ziggler yet is because their waiting to break him away from Vicki and Swagger.

If you would push Ziggler again, how would you do it?
Ziggler needs to break away from Vicki and Swagger, he needs to go out on his own and in the process he needs to either turn face or become an even bigger heel. He has to break away from them to really go to the next level. Vicki has done a great deal to help his career out thus far, Swagger has taken some of the focus away from their business relationship. He needs them to cost him something big and then break away from them completely while going out on his own.

Or would you pull Ziggler from the main event entirely, or even future endeavor him? Why?
No, he's probably the best wrestler in the 12 man tag for team Johnny, and its a shame his WM moment this year is in another tag match. There are plenty of other people who deserve to be fire before Ziggler is even considered for it.

If you would push Ziggler again, how would you do it? I'd keep him in the upper midcard for awhile, maybe give him and Swagger the tag titles for a few months to keep him relevant. Then when the Royal Rumble approaches, have him enter into a feud against a face WWE or WH Champion. Have the face champ tell Ziggler he's tried and failed at the Rumble twice, and he's a proven choke artist. Then at the Royal Rumble, Ziggler absolutely snaps and goes ballistic on whoever he's facing, leading up to him getting the clean pin for the championship.

Questions, comments, criticisms, whitisicisms?

Let's put it this way, he has the mic skills (arguably one could say he needs some improvement), he has amazing ring work, he has the look, he has the cocky attitude. In essence he is the full package and i myself would like to think that the only thing stopping him right now is WM. The WWE is trying to get good matches therefor most pushes cease and all the focus is drawn to the main event and the mid card match ups. Hence the reason superstars rarely make returns or debuts around WM season (for those who still haven't figured it out yet).

After WM 28 the WWE will return to normal and pushes will start up again based on the overall outcome of WM IE: the quality of the matches. Chances are that Ziggler will be pushed into a feud rather quickly (or at least I'm hoping he will), I mean Jericho is going after Punk, however chances are that next in line for a main event push is Ziggler or barret (unfortunately) therefor one of them will have a match for the WWE/WHC at some point in the very near foreseeable future (in a perfect world anyway's).

Anyway's back to subject I would have him start beating the crap out of people for a couple weeks, while whining about not getting a title opportunity despite being better then everyone else. I'd have him just have him going nut's because he wants a match, then Johnny Ace or Teddy Long gives him a match. Skip to near the end of the match the following week. Jericho decides to come out and crash the party by attacking Ziggler right before he hits his finisher, Ziggler gets the win via DQ, while Punk gets a code breaker followed by a walls of Jericho, then Ziggler either gets back into the ring and hits Jericho with the Zig Zag, or the next week on RAW he calls out Jericho.

I myself would have Ziggler next in line for a main event push after WM 28 or even make it a 3 way match for the WWE title (Punk vs Jericho vs Ziggler). To future endeavor Ziggler would be a smack in the face of Ziggler and his fan's, I mean as if his super short WHC reign wasn't bad enough but have him future endeavored!? That would be a stupid waste of talent. Ziggler for main event!!!!

He needs to be tested without Vicky. I feel he only gets heat because he is attached to the fire pit. Have him go alone, and if he can still get heat and connect with the crowd, I would push him to the moon.

Push to the moon, he has everything you need to qualify as being eligible
n Ring Ability - well above the curve
Mic Skills - more then adequate
Presence - a character you can get into
Look - ok other then the hair he has the look of a champion

Drop Vickie she's going nowhere fast.

let Dolph excel at the Mr Perfect style persona that he gives out, whether he want's to be seen as the next Mr Perfect or not, that's what he is.
He doesn't need to turn face though, not yet, let him heel it by himself for a year.

an alternative is to be somewhat like Ted Dibiase, a guy that could really go in ring and was awesome as a heel, yet still managed to get away with clean and lucky victories.

Probably the fact he's continued to evolve & made being the US champion seem like a cool feat. Not to forget his matches are pretty good.

Personally I would have changed the 20 minute World title reign last year and had it a week to sell the storyline as to how it came about, but WrestleMania season WWE want guys who can sell the show; Dolph is getting over but Dolph in one of the World title matches doesn't scream WrestleMania, though Dolph having a proper feud would done him wonders.

would you pull Ziggler from the main event entirely, or even future endeavor him? Why?
What's Dolph done to deserve either of them?

I think the WWE is just taking its time with Ziggler in a way similar to what they've been doing with Cody Rhodes. Like Cody Rhodes, Ziggler is someone that's shown consistent & steady improvement over a long period of time. I've got no issue with WWE taking the time to properly build talented guys over a longer period rather than rushing to push them. They've made that mistake several times over the course of the past several years and Ziggler is someone they've decided to take their time with. WWE has tested the waters with Ziggler and he's consistently shown to be up to the task. Ziggler is someone that's needed to work on his promo skills and he's done that. He's gotten much better on the mic and I like the way that WWE used his run as US champ to build his presence as an on screen character. Ziggler is also someone that's needed to draw heat and he's shown over the past several months that he can draw heat without Vickie. His push has been halted some due to WM season but, unlike last year at WM, he's no longer been made to feel irrelevant. After WM season, I think they'll get back on track with Ziggler and I could see him as a fixture in either the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship scene later this year.

I think that Ziggler needs to break from Vickie as well. Vickie has done a great job in helping get Ziggler over as a heel, but Ziggler has improved to the point that he no longer needs her. That's ultimately going to be his biggest test I think. I also think that Ziggler needs to go back to being a bit more serious. Keep the arrogant show off aspect of course but, at the same time, I think they should portray him with more of a sense of focus. Without someone to watch his back, AKA Vickie, then that such focus coupled with some wins and that arrogant attitude could truly make him a top heel.

Would you pull Ziggler from the main event entirely, or even future endeavor him? Why?

I wouldn't pull Ziggler from the main event scene entirely. I think he needs to be put back into the upper mid-card for a bit and built back up before going fully back into the main event picture. Ziggler showed with Edge that he has the in-ring ability to be at the top. He further showed that earlier this year with CM Punk, plus he can cut solid promos and has solid charisma. As far as future endeavoring Ziggler, it'd be a massive mistake. Ziggler is someone that's gotten his share of hate from internet fans, which seems to be something of a right of passage in the WWE. Whenever a wrestler ascends to another level of ability and position, the IWC comes out of the woodwork to criticize him. This next comment is going to sound extremely unmanly but it's something that I think is accurate. I was working out in the gym yesterday and one of the televisions was set on CMT. The Taylor Swift song "Ours" came on and there's a line in the song that just suddenly struck me as something that's very applicable to a lot of hot young stars in wrestling right now. "Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine." That highlighted section is what stuck with me. Ziggler is one of those guys like Bryan, CM Punk, Austin Aries and some others that have shined and shown how good they are, yet continue to garner criticism for some reason. Ziggler is one of the best overall guys on the WWE roster. He's gotten much better on the mic, I do think he could be better, and his in-ring work is superb, especially in selling the moves. There's nobody in wrestling that sells better than Dolph Ziggler. So no, firing Ziggler would be a stupid move because you either have to be blind or just plain stubborn not to see that the guy has real talent.

To many people in front of him. Ziggler has had his feuds with the top guys, and won the World Title, but irrelevantly. If it wasn't for DBD stepping up, whos to say Ziggler wouldn't be world champion now. Sadly, Ziggler is just to far down the list to be a major champion right now.

Straight to the main event, alone. Drop Vickie. Drop Swagger. Show me what you can do in this business alone for once. Then, and only then, have Ziggler main event as a Champion.

No, because he is clearly main event material.

I think they've already pulled the trigger.....and it misfired. They've given this guy chance after chance after chance to make it to the main event. For months, he appeared on both brands every week, had run-ins, had Vickie interfering on his behalf, gave him time on the mic.....you name it, they've given it to Dolph.

Yet, he falls short of main event status. That's not a knock; I enjoy what he does in the ring.... he's an excellent supporting player and can be useful as an occasional spoiler, but I just can't see him continuously fighting for the championship, and I don't think WWE can either, as evidenced by his losing streak. Yes, he's still fighting top guys, but he's losing to all of them.

Could this be a prelude to his true ascension to the top? Maybe, but they're picking a hell of a way to boost him there, no?

I feel the same way about Dolph as Cody Rhodes. They're good-looking performers, acquit themselves well in the ring and surely have the favor of Vince McMahon to have gotten as much written for them as they have......yet both lack the charisma and presence to be fighting on even terms with guys like Cena and Punk at the top of the card. I think Dolph has risen about as far as he's going to.

Dolph has just been unfortunate that his push has came at at time when it just wasn't the right moment to follow the push right through to the end. He has the total package and I think his push will be rebooted post-Mania.

Whatever happens he certainly wont be released or pushed way back down the card, simply because no one else makes others look as good as Dolph does and that makes him a valuable commodity in the business.

I think they've already pulled the trigger.....and it misfired. They've given this guy chance after chance after chance to make it to the main event. For months, he appeared on both brands every week, had run-ins, had Vickie interfering on his behalf, gave him time on the mic.....you name it, they've given it to Dolph.

Yet, he falls short of main event status. That's not a knock; I enjoy what he does in the ring.... he's an excellent supporting player and can be useful as an occasional spoiler, but I just can't see him continuously fighting for the championship, and I don't think WWE can either, as evidenced by his losing streak. Yes, he's still fighting top guys, but he's losing to all of them.

Could this be a prelude to his true ascension to the top? Maybe, but they're picking a hell of a way to boost him there, no?

I feel the same way about Dolph as Cody Rhodes. They're good-looking performers, acquit themselves well in the ring and surely have the favor of Vince McMahon to have gotten as much written for them as they have......yet both lack the charisma and presence to be fighting on even terms with guys like Cena and Punk at the top of the card. I think Dolph has risen about as far as he's going to.

I agree with this. However, I still think he has a chance. WWE needs to just shit or get off the pot with Ziggler. He's been in the exact same position now for over a year. Like he hasn't gone up or down whatsoever. Always on the cusp of something and fails every time. He's a great wrestler and he's ok on the mic, but his stagnation has gotten old.

Break him away from Vickie. Whether they leave him heel or turn him face, I don't care. Just let him tread water and see if he sinks or swims. From interviews with other wrestlers he's apparently really funny. That could make it an easy personality to use as a face. Just do SOMETHING with him. The point is they need to see what he can do on his own.

I'm not sure if he ready for a main event title run, but he does deserve more then what he's getting right now, in the jobber match of Mania

Dolph cant be pulled down, it would be a stupid. WWE is lacking big time in young fresh stars that can handle the spotlight. Ziggler is that. He held the IC and US titles for long periods of time, giving him major credibility. Vicki has helped make him a good heel, and i dont think he needs to drop her. She is why everyone hates ziggler. I think everyone is starting to realize Ziggler is a amazing in ring competitor and has good mic skills, and a perfect gimmick. I must admit i wasnt so hot on the name when he came in as it but ive warmed up to it. He got pushed around Mania, no offense he isnt in that spotlight just yet maybe next year. But push him after mania, give him a huge credible push maybe play a jelousy angle with swagger causing him to lose vicki and swagger and have him turn face? Think that may be good. WWE shouldnt drop him down he needs to become champ before the end of the year.

Dolph Ziggler should get a main-event push post-mania, I realy don't understand people who don't like him on the mic he has great delivery, good facial exressions and is funny. In-ring he is in my opinion the best in the roster and is capable of having a great match with pretty much anybody. The show-off gimmick he has going now fits his personality and look and is in my opinion very entertaining. He has all the tools to have a huge 2012 and I believe he will be a champion come the end of the year.

Call me crazy, but I'd leave him with Vickie. I'd have Swagger fuck up: Ziggler get pissed, waste a ppv spot on a match (where if Swagger loses, Vickie will no longer manage him) and ride out the Vicki heat for just a tad bit longer. Michaels had Sherri, look where it got him.

Note: I am in NO WAY comparing Guerrero to Martel

I agree with Mustang Sally on this part. They've pulled the trigger on Ziggler and it didn't pan out as they planned. Ziggler has had his fair share of championship matches. He isn't quite main event ready, but with work that could still happen. I wouldn't say he has no chance to get back (or above) where he has been, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

The majority say toss Vickie, but I say keep her around for a bit. However let Ziggler do some more talking. It is alright if Vickie is still around as his valet/manager. Plenty of stars have had them and it didn't harm them much. Let Ziggler do the talking and see if he can get the crowd going on his own. Ziggler's mic work is unique as he is a quick talker and he is pretty decent on the stick. Let him work his way up through his in ring ability and growing mic skills. A move to SD would probably benefit him as he is much more suited for the WHC than the WWE championship. He just needs that win that can push him over the hump. Cena maybe?

Well now that is just ridiculous. Why would we future endeavor Ziggler? The guy is a quality talent, like I said and sometimes you aren't going to achieve main event greatness. However there is nothing wrong with being an absolute shining star in the midcard. I think Ziggler could bounce in and out of the main event and maybe win another world title or two, but he is upper midcard talent and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think Dolph Ziggler needs to be pushed to the moon. Give him the biggest push in WWE. The guy deserves it. His gimmick is absolutley perfect (no pun intended) for him and he has played his role as well as anyone in WWE today. He needs to get the Title once and for all definetivley and keep it for a long run.

Would you pull Ziggler from the main event entirely, or even future endeavor him? Why?

I'm not a huge fan of his by it can be denied his ability to sell and make others, and at times, himself look good in the ring. Since this is a major factor in a wrestling match appearing good he should definitely not let go... but because his is such a good seller I have to say he is better as a mid to upper card guy who never really gets the top prize.

The fact that he kind of already has (WHC for a brief time) is fine but he is one of those guys who is great to throw into a title picture and title matches especially if they are more than just singles matches but I don't think he would be good as the WWE or WH Champion for too long. But those are the key words... for 'too long' ... which brings me to the next point ....

While I don't think he should be World or WWE champ for too long I do see how it could make sense for him to be champ for a little while. If he wins a match by 'stealing/cheating' it that will give him some more heat and the face that feuds with him for the title will get a lot of support. Everyone wants to see the cocky show off heel get taken down.

Some people worry about the WH or WWE title 'hot potato' having it being won and lost a number of times throughout the year but I think it isn't as much about the winning or losing of the title but the Superstars involved.

For example... Cody Rhodes lengthy IC title reign is good for him as a Superstar but it is also kind of lame because he really hasn't had credible threats to his title for a LONG TIME. I mean, c'mon, his last feud was Booker T? We ALL KNOW Booker T wasn't going to win that. So while the feud was built decently it wasn't a credible feud. Thus...Cody Rhodes keeping this title all this time basically had to happen because there was no one else built up that could reasonably be able to take it away from them. ... and now they had to bring the Big Show down from being a WH Title contender to feud with Cody but the damn IC title isn't even the focus... the focus is on Big Show's failures at WrestleMania and trying to overcome it by beating the guy who is pointing it out to him.

I'll be honest, I wasn't his biggest fan when he started out. He was a great wrestler, but I didn't see him as anything more than midcard. However, the Show-Off stuff is easily one of the more unique and entertaining things in WWE at the moment. He definitely deserves a push now, if only because it seems like he's matured enough. Though I'd still probably go ahead and push Cody and Wade first, as they seem like more of the full package than Ziggler as they are better on the mic and in Cody's case, I'd say better in the ring even if Wade has the best look out of the three of them.

Ziggler is easily one of the best wrestlers in the WWE. The fact that he's wrestled more than once on a few ppv's proves that WWE have great faith and confidence in him too. There's no doubt in my mind that Ziggler will have a WWE title reign before the end of 2012.

I was reading the house show report on the front page and at it Dolph brought Mason Ryan out as his insurance policy, I wonder if this will make it to TV and if so whether it will be a good or bad thing for Dolph as Mason is pretty bland and while huge doesn't really have a lot of presence.

I think wwe should have Dolph Ziggler win the Raw Money In The Bank Ladder match and then have him defeat Cm Punk and win the title.

Dolph Deserves a run with the Wwe title because he has come a long way in the last couple of Years and then when the Royal Rumble comes round he gets put into the main event picture and gets a Wwe title shot then he gets defeated and goes back down the food chain for another year.

Dolph needs to stay at the mid card level. They are trying to recreate the Mr. Perfect charachter, but Dolph tries way too hard to be more like Ric Flair. He always way, way oversells his bumps, for example, someone hits him and he flies 10 feet backwards thru the air then flops around on the mat like a fish. Just as Flair used to get thrown into the corner and flip over to the outside of the ring, it just dosen't look realistic in any way. You are supposed to sell the moves, but come on, if I hit someone they aren't gonna fly 10 feet through the air. I just don't find his matches interesting, and would keep him out of the main events. And his partner in crime, Swagger, I see everyone talking about how bad Khali is, well, swagger is just a smaller version of Khali, he has no real talent either.

I wouldn't put the belt on him until he's at his hottest. In the mean time I'd atleast position him better for a big run. He shouldn't be tagging with Swagger. He should be feuding with Randy Orton or someone else higher on the card. In fact I'd spend the remainder of this year building Ziggler into a serious threat so that next time he gets his annual Royal Rumble title shot (Or the Hardcore Holly spot) people will actually think he has a shot in hell of taking the title. No need to rush the belt on him though if they're just going to take it off of him in a month or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back