Dolph Solo

Hopefully he will fuck off to Smackdown and stay there full time. Only the big Superstars appear on Raw. Hopefully he stays there with the other generic heel with zero personality Cody Rhodes.

OMG YES YES YES!!!! That is DEAD ON!! Cody is boring as hell but gets a semi reaction. Ziggler is great in the ring but gets ZERO reaction. They should form a tag team together. Ziggler is the IWC wet dream but no one elses. Even last night ZERO REACTION! Vickie gets it even Swagger does a bit. Ziggler is great to watch when he puts people over. Maybe this is a final effort to make an attempt to get him over.

I read that Punk and Cena will be on Smackdown more because Orton as the star hasn't worked. SO they need star power. Swagger is probably on his way to Superstars.

OMG YES YES YES!!!! That is DEAD ON!! Cody is boring as hell but gets a semi reaction. Ziggler is great in the ring but gets ZERO reaction. They should form a tag team together. Ziggler is the IWC wet dream but no one elses. Even last night ZERO REACTION! Vickie gets it even Swagger does a bit. Ziggler is great to watch when he puts people over. Maybe this is a final effort to make an attempt to get him over.

I read that Punk and Cena will be on Smackdown more because Orton as the star hasn't worked. SO they need star power. Swagger is probably on his way to Superstars.

So if Cody and Ziggler get no reaction, ADR has failed miserably to generate any heat, as evident last night no one takes the Big Show seriously and he gets very little heat, the Miz has been buried beyond recognition, no one cares about Tensai, Bryan gets as many cheers as boos, Kane draws no heat and Jericho was doing a good job getting heat but he's suspended, then what heel would YOU elevate?!?

The reason none of the heels in the WWE get any heat is because they are all carbon copies of one another. Cocky, arrogant and heels merely because they are cocky and arrogant. If not that, then it's because they are "monsters" like Kane and Big Show who are both way too old and stale to be anything other than stop-gap performers. Jericho is about to take a vacation and Brock doesn't have enough guaranteed dates to be the full time, big name heel in the WWE. So who does that leave?

If they don't figure out a way to elevate some of their mid-card names and have to rely on recycling their old superstars (Kane, Big Show, Brock) to carry on main event feuds the company is in deep, deep trouble in the coming years.

The WWE creative team needs to get off their lazy asses and write something new and compelling! We don't need to see another monster heel built up only for Super Cena to come save the day. But that is all we have been getting since Mania, and all we got for well over a decade. You can't expect people to get heat out of nothing - and that is exactly what nearly every heel has been working with for a very long time.

It's about time Ziggler goes solo, but i don't think he needs a manager, his first obious feud will be against Swagger, but after that he can start working to main event level, if everything goes right he's a main event heel waiting to happen, he can be a Michaels/Mr. Perfect like heel because he's good on the mic, and he's a great athlete, instead of a manager he can get Mason Ryan as a body guard, and that has the tools to work with a top face like CM Punk or Cena, i sure hope the WWE do things right with this and they can possibly have a quality main event heel........

would love to see dolph get some wins, than just do a run in on a wwe title match in like couple months take both guys down and leave, than lets see him in a real fued like personal
maybe have cm punk bring up his past as a cheerleader that couldnt cut it now he has to be a rip off billy gunn...just i wanna see more from doplh it would great to see what he is about and learn about who he really is as wrestler and what he can really do

So if Cody and Ziggler get no reaction, ADR has failed miserably to generate any heat, as evident last night no one takes the Big Show seriously and he gets very little heat, the Miz has been buried beyond recognition, no one cares about Tensai, Bryan gets as many cheers as boos, Kane draws no heat and Jericho was doing a good job getting heat but he's suspended, then what heel would YOU elevate?!?

The reason none of the heels in the WWE get any heat is because they are all carbon copies of one another. Cocky, arrogant and heels merely because they are cocky and arrogant. If not that, then it's because they are "monsters" like Kane and Big Show who are both way too old and stale to be anything other than stop-gap performers. Jericho is about to take a vacation and Brock doesn't have enough guaranteed dates to be the full time, big name heel in the WWE. So who does that leave?

If they don't figure out a way to elevate some of their mid-card names and have to rely on recycling their old superstars (Kane, Big Show, Brock) to carry on main event feuds the company is in deep, deep trouble in the coming years.

The WWE creative team needs to get off their lazy asses and write something new and compelling! We don't need to see another monster heel built up only for Super Cena to come save the day. But that is all we have been getting since Mania, and all we got for well over a decade. You can't expect people to get heat out of nothing - and that is exactly what nearly every heel has been working with for a very long time.

Oh don't get me started on ADR! Big Show has been boring since he was in WCW. But Vince loves his big men. Tensai *no comment* and DB they dropped the ball with him with the WM loss. Its elevated him to a new level when I am SURE they were looking to bury him. He was a great heel but now he's a hybrid. The writers are VERY VERY LAZY! They start story lines then end them within a PPV or have stories that one one cares about just to have old timers on TV.

If anything Randy Orton needs to go back as a heel. He's terrible on a mic but at least as a heel he's good. Same thing with Sheamus. He's very vanilla and bland but when he's a heel he gets away with it. Until Wade Barrett get's back they're kind of screwed UNLESS they can bring in heel talent from TNA or elsewhere.

They keep pushing Ziggler for what three years now and he's never taken off. How many times are they going to try. Seriously Ziggler has been elevated and elevated and elevated. He has NEVER taken off, so he belongs as a mid-carder. Cody I find boring and not terribly exciting in the ring. But that's me. I feel he is where he's at because of his father only. Look at Ted Jr. I always felt he was the more talented one of the two. But he never took off. I wonder why? He was getting more heel heat then Cody until Cody got elevated.

A-Riley was mega over then they demoted him. He was getting heat as Miz's sidekick and over when he was taking on Miz. I never got why he was demoted.

You know I think I am one of the few who liked Miz as a champ. I think the guy is great in a mic and yeah he's been buried beyond all hope of being a contender again. I wonder who he pissed off?

This is going to result in a Ziggler face turn. Vickie probably gets the most heat of any heel right now and so if they turn it into an angle where she won't let him out of his "tag team contract," everyone will start siding with Zigger. Very easy way to turn him face. I'm just not sure if he can get over at all, let alone as a face.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread's title was Dolph Ziggler dressed up like Han Solo sitting in the bridge of The Millennium Falcon. That may be a gimmick to look into....

Anyways. Onto the topic of discussion in this thread....

I have wanted Ziggler to go solo for a long time now. He got some heel heat from associating with Vickie for so long and that helped him out. Dolph no longer needs her, he hasn't for about a year now. The tag team with Swagger has completely held Ziggler back. It was a waste of time in my opinion. When Ziggler took Vickie on as his manager, that was when Ziggler should have gone on his own into a singles push.

The opportunity for a face turn has been there for a while. All he has to do is stand up to Vickie/Swagger and the resulting fan reaction will instantly turn him face. Then again, with Punk and Sheamus as the world champions it makes more sense for Ziggler to remain a heel. I'm sure that WWE has some sort of plan in mind. One thing is for certain though.... Ziggler needs to be on his own because the tag team with Swagger is holding him back and Vickie can only help him get heat for so long. As for Swagger, he could always team up with Mason Ryan or something.

This is obviously a good thing. Though I am a fan of Jack Swagger as well and wonder what the hell they can do with him.

It always bothered me that they made these guys a tag team. There is no reason that they could not share Vicki as a manager and still pursue singles glory. And it always makes for a quick easy feud to throw the two of them at each other should one get a shot at a major title and make the other jealous or something.

I think Dolph has the look and the charisma to go far, but sometimes he just comes off as flat. This could be his chance to really shine and maybe make a move to the top of the card.

I don't think he's gone solo just yet, but last night was a step in that direction. Ziggler has been with Vickie for a long time and she's great in her role. She's helped Ziggler to get over as a heel and generated heat when he was unable to do so on his own.

However, for quite a while now, Ziggler's been doing well on his own as far as drawing heat from the fans. He's improved by leaps and bounds on the mic as well and we've known that he's had the goods inside the ring for a long time. However, Vickie and Ziggler have gone as far as they can and Ziggler staying put with Vickie is just holding him back at this point in time.

It's obvious now that he and Swagger just aren't going to work as a team. Not that both aren't good wrestlers and can't be a formidable tag team, but things just haven't worked out for them, kayfabe. They've lost most of their matches, they both ultimately came out on the short end of the stick while briefly feuding with Brodus Clay and have failed to take the tag titles twice. Last night, I think, was the first step in Dolph dumping Vickie because there's certainly going to be animosity between Ziggler & Swagger. After all, Ziggler is putting Swagger down by no longer wanting to team with him so Vickie isn't going to be able to hold onto both of them for much longer.

Obviously last night's slight altercation after the match and Dolph's kafaybe desire to be a singles star like Orton was hinting at a Swagger/Ziggler feud in the future.

I wouldn't say the team overall worked very well. I will give them the benefit of having annoyed (part of a heel's job depending on the type of character) me, albeit it was more in a "you three are extremely persistent, please remove yourself from my TV screen" way. It isn't really relevant however how they annoy me, the point is they got me to dislike them. Other than that I feel this team has held Ziggler back, and I have never cared about Jack Swagger anytime during his career. Even though Dolph's selling is sometimes over the top I truly believe that with a little more work he can become main event caliber talent, much more potential than Swagger has at the moment. Vickie being a heat magnet for them is an understatement and even though to me it gets old after awhile there is no denying that she has not only gotten an abundance of heat while at the same time managing to keep both of them fresh heels.

Everyone seems to have forgotten the Ziggler/Swagger feud from September. I think they can rejuvenate this rivalry and use it to break them apart, with either one turning face. Ziggler as from the posts above seems like the favorite candidate for a face turn, there quote "a great heel will eventually transfer into a great face". Now of course Dolph's heat has for the most part come from Vickie's excuse me screaming before their entrances so it's questionable that he could get over as a face if he hasn't been able to get over on his own as heel yet. It will be interesting as there is no way after what Dolph said last night that I can see the two remaining together as a tag team. It's been a massive filler for Dolph ever since he and Swagger began teaming. Ziggler went from being in the title picture circa late 2011-early 2012 to being in tag team championship matches. Considering how little I or most people care about the tag division that is a huge downgrade. Ziggler being a heel would be slightly less interesting due to the fact that from his days in the Spirit Squad to his singles run he has remained a heel.

Whether it be face or heel Dolph's future could be potentially very intriguing now that it seems an inevitable split from Swagger is coming.

I think we'll see Dolph move back into the Mid-card title picture. Hopefully he'll dominate that level and we'll see him stay heel and challenge for dual titles against the WWE/World Heavyweight champion. He's talented enough to do it, and honestly the whole "Swaggler" thing has drug him down.

I think this is a great move. It's about time Dolph makes this move. I think being stuck in the tag team kinda slowed down his upward mobility but I think he will be a very big name now that he is in singles.

I think Dolph is in a more secure position that people think. He's pretty over, honestly. Won't be hard at all to get him back into the upper midcard.

This is best for both guys. Swagger can really help the emerging tag division. I nominate Drew McIntyre as his new tag team partner.

This is a great move!
I'd better see Dolph solo, rather teaming with Jack Swagger.
I hope in the near future Dolph would become again the no 1 contender, he deserves it!

I think we'll see Dolph move back into the Mid-card title picture. Hopefully he'll dominate that level and we'll see him stay heel and challenge for dual titles against the WWE/World Heavyweight champion. He's talented enough to do it, and honestly the whole "Swaggler" thing has drug him down.

Swagger must also go solo, Swagger has also more talent solo than in the tag team division, although he loses quite much.

Here we've got Dolph, Cody, Swagger and Miz all in the same boat; mid-carders who seemingly were pushed to the top of the roster, only to be let down for reasons known only to WWE. For that matter, why they were pushed so hard in the first place is also known only to the company.

While all three have seen their roads to the top curtailed, none of them can complain about not being used, that's for sure. All four get TV exposure like nobody's business. Yes, the company can make stars only by putting them in front of us, but I'll never understand what was seen in these guys that management doesn't see in other performers. It appeared the company planned to shoot these guys to the world championship and, in fact, all but Cody actually held that title briefly. Then, it was apparently decided these guys didn't measure up to the top level intended for them, and they started losing to people they had beaten before.

So, what does the company intend for these men? How about Dolph in particular? Has management decided his push is over and he'll never rise as high again? Or have they developed some reason he should be put down for awhile.....with the intention of giving him another push in the near future that vaults him to the title?

Personally, I like Dolph (and the other three) but am no more impressed with him now than I was when he was being featured on both brands every week. He's a fine worker who's in really great shape and can do whatever is asked of him in the ring. Beyond that, he doesn't show much in the way of personality when he speaks and he isn't especially inspiring.

Dolph can do all that whether he's a single or in a tag team, so for his own sake, hopefully they're turning him single with the idea of renewing his push. Perhaps they think the experience he's gained in these months will make him something he wasn't before. Good luck, Mr. Nemeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back