Dolph Ziggler - Success Or Looks?

Ferbian

Has Returned.
Now I know what you're thinking, this isn't a thread about Dolph being a success, or Dolph being hot. You're welcome to comment on that, but it's not what the thread is about.

Last night we saw Dolph Ziggler get in a bit of a troublesome position between Kaitlyn and Vickie Guerrero. Something which we have been seeing the past few weeks between Kaitlyn and Dolph, which seemingly looks to be a secret love-triangle / affair.

Obviously it's something that seems to bug Vickie, and Kaitlyn therefore retaliated upon Vickie, shoving her down, which eventually caused both women to leave Dolph to fend for himself in the ring, causing him to get himself counted out.

So it seems clear they'll continue to build on this seemingly love triangle, or some kind of affection from Kaitlyn towards Dolph.

So my questions are:

Do you think they should make this into a more open storyline?

What would you like to see happen to this storyline if it does evolve? Should Dolph Ziggler choose the successful way of staying with Vickie, for the gold? Or should the affection between Kaitlyn and Dolph shine a little bit more?

Do you think this storyline could potentially benefit the choice of Kaitlyn perhaps winning NXT season 3 to move on to couple with Dolph? Or feud with Vickie?

Well, how many times have we seen the love triangle angle, sick to death of it. Unless Kaitlin wins NXT3 then maybe yes there is some benefit out of the angle as it gets her some exposure and she becomes relevant with the fans even more so than now. If this angle does pan out, it can't happen without Dolph turning somewhat face because Kaitlin will be the one that steal him away from the heat magnet that we call Vicke, that is assuming the angle plays out with Dolph choosing Kaitlin.

But really like i said, if Kaitlin doesn't win NXT3 this angle shouldn't be furthered because it won't lead to much and there really isn't much benefit unless they use it as a loophole of Vickie to dump Dolphie.

Yes and no. I would love them to expand on the storyline but i worry for the next IC contender. If too much emphasis is put on the Kaitlyn/Ziggler/Guerrero story than the actual challenger wanting the belt, i think Ziggler would come across as more of a comedic Romeo than a solid champion. Kind of how Angle look in 2000 at Summerslam 2000, not really that credible as a top player due to other things going on with Steph and HHH. If Ziggler is to the lose the belt to say Kaval, Kaval wouldn't look as strong because all this other stuff is going on, whereas when Daniel Bryan won the US title off the Miz this week, it was only built around the title so Bryan came off looking strong. Again, this only matters if the belt is to change hands so i'm not totally against this feud opening up.

What would you like to see happen to this storyline if it does evolve? Should Dolph Ziggler choose the successful way of staying with Vickie, for the gold? Or should the affection between Kaitlyn and Dolph shine a little bit more?

This ones tricky. It would be interesting if they did something similar to the Edge/Guerrero breakup in '08. If Ziggler gets caught out, she can punish him like how she made Edge face Taker in a HIAC match at Summerslam. I'm not saying she should copy this but maybe making him defend him title against Rey or Kofi in a difficult match like a ladder match or a cage match. That way, whoever does come and take the belt of Ziggler, they look strong as they've been picked as punishment. So i guess i'ld like to see him using Vickie to retain his belt but then engaging with Kaitlyn in backstage segments.

Do you think this storyline could potentially benefit the choice of Kaitlyn perhaps winning NXT season 3 to move on to couple with Dolph? Or feud with Vickie?

If this feud was to expand, she doesn't need to win NXT season 3. I think she's in a similar situation as Alex Riley in that their pros are so over as heels, they can just tag along and remain relevant. If Kaitlyn is to remain involved in this feud, this could allow Jaime/Naomi/AJ to win and get the push but still let Kaitlyn make the casual appearance here and there.

I would say, why not? This particular storyline being built is rather interesting. I feel that not only does it do wonders for Ziggler, it does so for Kaitlyn as well. Kaitlyn, in my opinion, isn't really that credible when it comes to making an impact. The only pro I see out of her is her image. Unfortunately, everything else just screams "meh". With this storyline, however, it gives her a descent amount of attention and in the very least could help her show that she is more than just looks. Ziggler gets a benefit from this as well because it gives him more exposure and it is a good way for him to improve on his mic skills which he still somewhat lacks.

I feel the affection between Kaitlyn and Ziggler should shine a bit more. The reason, is just as I stated above. It could do wonders for both Kaitlyn and Ziggler. Vickie has got to be one of the biggest heat drawers of all time. This could very well potentially put both of them over. Sure, Ziggler is a heel, but he is also stale. And maybe this could put a little sparkle in his character.

This is an interesting question. I don't think that Kaitlyn should win NXT; the winner should be someone like Aj. But that's a different story. Considering the fact that most of the NXT competitors usually find their way into the main roster, it is safe to say that the possibility of Kaitlyn being in a role of manager-like to Ziggler is not impossible. This could be a great way to continue the possible feud between Vickie and Ziggler with Kaitlyn.

Here is my scenario: Vickie gets infuriated with the development between Kaitlyn and Ziggler. Vickie then goes balistick and starts taking advantage of her power by trying to humiliate the both of them. For Ziggler, Vickie would try to take away the IC away from him etc etc. For Kaitlyn, Vickie would try to make her a laughing stock etc etc.

It goes without saying, both Ziggler and Kaitlyn have much to gain from this love triangle. It can help put them over not to mention create entetaining momments to look forward to....

I think the Dolph/Vickie thing is probably losing steam and that is why there could be the triangle being set up with Kaitlyn. I even mentioned something about this in the forum with who the new contender for IC could be or something like that. You see DZ getting more and more irritated with Vickie, and Kaitlyn getting more and more frustrated as the weeks. I think for Dolph to succeed, he will have to break away from Vickie, because more and more, you do hear a majority of the crowd cheering him, as long as Vickie is NOWHERE in sight. I like him, without Vickie that is. I think he knows he's a great wrestler (character wise) and he knows it, and maybe that could be what ultimately will break him and VG up. Because you see VG always using the low blows and cheating to help him win, when in actuality he is a skilled person, considering he also beat Batista back when he first started out on RAW (I think??). That's just my opinion.

If this ends up getting Vickie off of Dolph I'm all for it. I might not mind the guy but I hate her so much that I find it hard to like him at all. As far as Kaitlyn, I don't think she needs to win NXT3 to stay in the picture. Actually, I see it as the exact opposite. Supposedly WWE is really high on her, and having her not win NXT3 allows them to keep her involved with Ziggler, ala something like Alex Riley with Miz, but not really feature her. This would allow someone better in the ring like Naomi to win NXT3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back