Dolph stays?

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
Okay, now we read Dolph has signed a multi-year contract to remain with WWE. Presuming it's true, it would put to rest the idea that a guy who has received as much TV exposure as any main event player will leave the company.

Still, don't you wonder if there was any truth to the rumor he was threatening to leave unless he received a big-time push? If so, what happened?

Did Dolph sit down with his agent, talk it over and come to the realization he would be worse off financially by 'punishing' WWE and moving to another sports entertainment company?

Did Dolph march into the Stamford office with his demands....and they called his bluff, telling him to get off his high horse and drop his demands?

Did Vince McMahon give Dolph what he wanted.....and after the Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar program is over, we're going to be watching a title run for Dolph Ziggler?

Was there some other type of compromise in which Dolph gets some of what he wants, but not everything?

Or was the whole damn thing about money, with his threats to leave actually revolving around the goal of getting WWE to loosen the purse strings a bit?

Any thoughts?

I'd say Dolph and his agent carefully weighed their options.... a possibly sinking TNA , might never get off the ground GFW .... an unknown if it would ever pan out comedy career.... a solid career in the WWE.... sounds safe to me.

Maybe the rumour was just that...a rumour?

According to the article, Dolph signed the deal weeks ago, which would have been BEFORE the article came out about him wanting to leave. It's easy to believe that Dolph would want to go because he's spoken out about being unhappy at times and it must suck to have been there for so long and not get a consistent push. Maybe if there was another company like WCW, it would be more tempting for Dolph to leave, but whether he went to ROH, TNA, GFW, or NJPW, he wouldn't be able to make as much money or live the same lifestyle as he is now.

So to answer the question after having looked at everything, I think Dolph might be frustrated, but resigning allows himt o continue doing what he loves the way he loves it.

Plus there's no Lana in other companies. :p

If he wanted to be a Pro Wrestler he is in the best company for him. I thought if he left WWE he would transition into comedy or acting but as WWE allow him to do that he gets everything he wants. In WWE he can Wrestler, do stand up, have acting roles and most importantly get paid well.
Will he get a push? Only time will tell.
Does he deserve a push? Probably, he has done everything they've wanted him to for a number of years
Is he the best person to push? No with Owens, Neville and others on the way from NXT Ziggler is not the WWE's best option
Has he Actually signed? Only he and WWE knows so until one or both publicly acknowledge the situation take it as just a rumour

A little off topic, but does anybody else find it strange that Dolph Ziggler is loved (predominantly) by the IWC, when he comes off as somebody that can't stand them? He just always comes off as so sarcastic when posting comments about internet fans, and constantly refers to them as "marks". I just find it odd that usually the guys who are praised by the internet and the "smart" fans as the greatest, seem to hate it and them the most.

Anyway back on topic... I take everything I read on these sites with a mountain of salt. 50% of the time, these sites are dead wrong about their rumors and reports and the other 50% of the time, the sources are beyond unreliable. Is it true that Dolph threatened to leave the company if he wasn't going to get a strong push? I don't think so. I believe there may have been some issues with the amount of money WWE was willing to dish out for Ziggler, but I doubt it ever came to the point where he was legitimately considering leaving.

Not everyone is there for a big time push.. Big Show said it best on Jericho's podcast, you want longevity in the business, forget about main-eventing shows, it's about making money for year's to come. If he left WWE there's no telling he'll make this kind of money for a long time.. He doesn't need to main-event, as long as the money is good, that's all that should matter.

It's about money, it's about money with all of these guys. Most want to get to the top to make more money but if they can get a raise being in the mid-card and make good money there, then that's great.

A little off topic, but does anybody else find it strange that Dolph Ziggler is loved (predominantly) by the IWC, when he comes off as somebody that can't stand them? He just always comes off as so sarcastic when posting comments about internet fans, and constantly refers to them as "marks". I just find it odd that usually the guys who are praised by the internet and the "smart" fans as the greatest, seem to hate it and them the most.

IWC doesn't care about that. As long as they're good workers and they're entertaining, that's all that matters. We don't care if they like us or not, they have their own opinion like everyone else.

It's about money, it's about money with all of these guys. Most want to get to the top to make more money but if they can get a raise being in the mid-card and make good money there, then that's great.

Which is why I wonder if Dolph's aim in threatening to leave was to secure a raise in his rate of pay. Presuming a performer is paid more for working more, no one on the roster has a better work rate than him; he's on every edition of Raw and Smackdown, no?

So if he has a gripe with anything, I would think it concerns his base salary .....and after 10 productive years, I'd believe it's probably at a pretty healthy level. Maybe not at Orton or Cena level, which could be his concern.

But he certainly can't be unhappy with the amount of TV exposure he gets, because no one gets more.

I would like to see Ziggler go somewhere he is appreciated and get a real shot at the main event level but to be fair, there is no such place so he'll end up staying with WWE.
I think Ziggler has been wasted by WWE, he should have gotten more of a main event run than he did yet the company seems content just leaving him out of the main event picture. Which is truly absurd when we consider the problems in the main event:

-the loss of Bryan to injury,
-Punk walking out
-Lesnar hardly around due to his contract,
-Cena being becoming so overexposed some fans are turning/ tuning him out as world
champ
-Rollins championship run being virtually ignored
-Orton and Sheamus (see Cena)
-ADR leaving due to backstage incident (supposedly)

With all this, it makes sense to use Ziggler in the championship role or taking part. Even if we believe Reigns and Ambrose are up to the challenge can we really be certain ?

TNA is a far distant second place. Most of the performers who have gone there went there if they couldn't come to terms with WWE or got released from WWE. WHy would Ziggler do that to himself ? TNA has a place on a tv station with no viewership, no real audience does events before practically empty buildings, I mean there is not telling when the company will collapse.

GFW is just starting out and could find itself folding in a year or limping along like TNa.

ROH has some solid talent but it's so far in the background who knows when it will ever get to any kind of relevance.

The only option that pays him the most, and gives him most exposure is WWE. I doubt if he stays he'll get the push he is looking for but I'd be surprised if he left.

I would like to see Ziggler go somewhere he is appreciated and get a real shot at the main event level but to be fair, there is no such place so he'll end up staying with WWE.
I think Ziggler has been wasted by WWE, he should have gotten more of a main event run than he did yet the company seems content just leaving him out of the main event picture. Which is truly absurd when we consider the problems in the main event:

-the loss of Bryan to injury,
-Punk walking out
-Lesnar hardly around due to his contract,
-Cena being becoming so overexposed some fans are turning/ tuning him out as world
champ
-Rollins championship run being virtually ignored
-Orton and Sheamus (see Cena)
-ADR leaving due to backstage incident (supposedly)

With all this, it makes sense to use Ziggler in the championship role or taking part. Even if we believe Reigns and Ambrose are up to the challenge can we really be certain ?

TNA is a far distant second place. Most of the performers who have gone there went there if they couldn't come to terms with WWE or got released from WWE. WHy would Ziggler do that to himself ? TNA has a place on a tv station with no viewership, no real audience does events before practically empty buildings, I mean there is not telling when the company will collapse.

GFW is just starting out and could find itself folding in a year or limping along like TNa.

ROH has some solid talent but it's so far in the background who knows when it will ever get to any kind of relevance.

The only option that pays him the most, and gives him most exposure is WWE. I doubt if he stays he'll get the push he is looking for but I'd be surprised if he left.

Not everyone can be a main eventer. Right now we have Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, and Sheamus all in the main event scene. I fully expect Ziggler to stay in the upper mid-card scene, and there is nothing wrong with that. He's great in the ring but like Cesaro he doesn't have a lot of charisma and character. The only other option would be ROH, and then he wouldn't get good pay or exposure.

Not everyone can be a main eventer. Right now we have Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, and Sheamus all in the main event scene. I fully expect Ziggler to stay in the upper mid-card scene, and there is nothing wrong with that. He's great in the ring but like Cesaro he doesn't have a lot of charisma and character. The only other option would be ROH, and then he wouldn't get good pay or exposure.

I never said every one could be a main eventer and being a mid carder is great for most performers. Ziggler and Cesaro aren't most performers. They are solid enough to be in the main event picture as workers and given the right mouthpiece they can help the main event picture. We've already seen most of the guys you've mentioned in the same boring ass matches, WWE needs to mix it up. If Ziggler, Cesaro and Sandow are not made world champion, they can at least challenge for the belt to give the division some more variety in terms of match ups. WWE has the names you mentioned WWE and still has been as bland as ever with a few bright spots.

I've said this over and over again in many of the threads. Doplh Ziggler isn't leaving the company. He isn't Johnny Morrison or Kurt angle or have that amount of talent to go and shine in other promotions. The huge fan base (in WWE) is the only reason he seems to be potent and most underrated. I'm not going to draw heat by saying that Doplh is Overrated by the IWC. But the truth is he is neither a prowess wrestler nor a high flier. So I knew he isn't going to Lucha Underground or TNA. But Doplh had his unique set of skills that make that WWE universe to love him but from an optimistic perspective those skills won't help him succeed in any other promotions.

Dolph was raised by WWE apparently. His whole wrestling/sports entertainment career is harnessed by the WWE apart from his Stand-up comedy skills. I used to like Dolph's matches but in the recent months his matches seemed to be quite mediocre. He doesn't show any potential to be in the MainEvent or World Title scene anymore. But he should have a strong feud in the Midcards. and I don't think he had went to WWE Stanford office and claimed his demands.

The reports I had read was he doesn't have any intention to leave WWE but he wants time off to focus on other things. That's the reason why he hasn't signed the contract yet. WWE has speculating that Doplh is out indefinitely, and I guess its just a Kayfabe. He might return at some point have a decent solid feud against Rusev. That's my theory.

Cheers!!

While Ziggler would be an automatic main eventer in TNA and GFW (and probably most other wrestling companies worldwide), he's probably just weighed up his options and decided WWE is the safest option for him.

While he is unlikely to ever get a huge push as "THE" guy, he's still paid extremely well for a very good spot in the company and is very popular with fans, performing on the highest stage there is.

He's a big part of most WWE shows, always involved in storylines, getting TV time and competing for titles, and who's to say there will be even be a TNA, GFW or even ROH in 3 or 4 years time? WWE is certainly the most secure company out there, and there wouldn't be very many wrestlers who'd trade a safe job (especially a good one) in WWE for life on the indies right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back