Could Punk Introduce A New WWE Title?

VinnieSunshine

The lord of darkness
Rumor was going around the net months back that the WWE was thinking about getting a new WWE Title. Personally Im tired, and I know a lot of fans are, of Cena designed spinner belt.

With his announcement that we will be "leaving" WWE after MITB (even though his contract supposedly isn't up until September), I thought of a great idea on how to bring in a new WWE Title design.

After Punk wins the title, he announces the next night on RAW he announces that he is sticking to his word and is leaving the WWE as the champion and is taking his prize with him. OR Punk could just show up "via satellite" and not return.

Either way it would leave RAW without a championship title. The GM then announces the next week on RAW that he will hold a tournament to crown a NEW WWE champion, at which point the winner will be presented a new title.

Punk could come back the next week and challenge the winner, saying that since he never had the title taken from him...he is STILL the WWE champion. He challenges the new champion in a match to unify the new and old WWE title. The old spinner belt goes away and the new WWE Title takes its place.

SO...what are your thoughts?

Any other ideas?

IF WWE were to go the route of a new title, what would you like it to look like?

Personally Id like it if they went back to a retro-like design. Hell they still have the old WCW title used as the Smackdown title.

I love the idea. The only problem I see is that would mean that the history ends with CM Punk, and a new championship has to be introduced which would end up starting with John Cena I'm sure. The only solution I see to that is if they say CM Punk may have a belt, but the GM could make it void or something and say what you said he'd say. Cool thought though. WWE won't do it, but it'd be cool, shocking does not seem to be something they do too often anymore.

@ChristianCoalition: I think what the OP means is a new belt design, not a new title with a new lineage. At least that was my first thought when he said he was leaving. Regardless, I don't think Punk is going anywhere. Taking time off? Likely. Jumping ship to ROH or TNA (while this would actually make me defect to TNA as well)? Not happening.

i was just thinking about this its possible without a doubt but honestly i dont even see punk winning but at the same time i do see punk beating cena! i cant pick a winner here yet...but another factor comes into play....WHAT IF cm punk beats cena then the next night on raw he comes out with it (or even after the match) hes bragging about taking wwe's biggest prize out of the company with him and how wwe is losing their biggest star etc. then out of nowhere comes the raw (or smackdown? :shrug:) money in the bank winner and they cash in on him and then punks plan is ruined! it could happen dont forget last year kane cashed in his money in the bank contract that night against rey mysterio

i hope that if cm punk wins that he changes his mind and stays. as for the new belt, yeah i agree, i dislike the spinner belt anyways. its boring now.

i was just thinking about this its possible without a doubt but honestly i dont even see punk winning but at the same time i do see punk beating cena! i cant pick a winner here yet...but another factor comes into play....WHAT IF cm punk beats cena then the next night on raw he comes out with it (or even after the match) hes bragging about taking wwe's biggest prize out of the company with him and how wwe is losing their biggest star etc. then out of nowhere comes the raw (or smackdown? :shrug:) money in the bank winner and they cash in on him and then punks plan is ruined! it could happen dont forget last year kane cashed in his money in the bank contract that night against rey mysterio

I can definitely see this happening. It would make sense because Punk would have his rematch clause and it can start a feud. Punk can be running around saying he isn't leaving without his belt. There would be tension in Nu Nexus because Punk was gonna leave them high and dry.....What if Mason wins? I know it's entirely too soon for him, but it would be a good story.

Personally Id like it if they went back to a retro-like design. Hell they still have the old WCW title used as the Smackdown title.

Wrestling should look towards the future, and not the past. Just make a new design totally.

The big gold belt Smackdown uses is actually smaller, and has the WWE logo stamped on the very top tip.

But even if Punk won it, I don't see him getting a new design. Edge only had his design for one reign when WWE champion, and not 3 other reigns. And every one else didn't get another design.

All Miz did was flip the damn logo.

wish but they are not because SUPERCENA YES that right the almight SUPERCENA
no i think it could be a good idea but i think wwe is not going to change the belts because of deals with matel in a interview on youtube

I could actually see CM Punk win the WWE Title at MITB and then whoever won the RAW MITB comes out,cashes it in,and wins the Title. I think CM Punk will be back after he has recharged his batteries as well.

I like this idea. Punk leaving with the belt. Them introducing a new design the next night and announcing a tournament that ends at Summerslam. They don't even need Punk to show up on Raw the next night. Vince or the GM could break the news. But I would have Punk stay out till Vengeance or Survivor Series. If people keep coming back right away after they say they are leaving no one will believe it when it really happens. I would give Cena the belt at Summerslam. Till Punk returns at Vengeance attacking Cena. Setting up a match at Survivor Series. While Punk is gone Cena feuds with Del Rio who in a losing effert cashes in his MITB briefcase the night after MITB. Setting up a few rematches. The only bad thing is Cena would no doubt win the match between the two at S.S. So I think it would make Punk look kinda silly to come back demanding he is the real champ only to lose the first time he defends the title. Also you are then banking on Punk resigning. If he doesn't then you just has the guy walk out with your title. So they will have to resign him and let him act as if he is really gone.

I really want Punk to win the title but you guys know that Cena's going to win. Plus, Cena usually win matches and send superstars on their way who has an expiring contract. I think they'll change the title style next year with a new champion. As far as the belt design, I kinda partial to the eagle winged belt introduced at Wrestlemania 4; it just looks really dignified.

I think CM Punk will win and leave with the title. WWE likes changing up the WWE title a lot as we see with different versions of the belt coming around constantly. What I hope to see happen is CM Punk wins and the next night on RAW the GM announces there will a tournament to determine who will be the new WWE champion is with the finals culminating at Summerslam.

Man Raw has been getting interesting lately. I'd love to see a new WWE Title Belt. It could give the belt a new meaning, sorta. Haha. I hope Punk wins and that gives him a reason to stay. He should've been champion a long time ago. His last reign wasn't all that. So I'm excited to see what will be happening in next week's Raw Roulette.

If this were to happen, which I would love, I could be ADR winning the tournament with a new fancier belt and facing Cena at Summerslam like we all know will happen

I love the idea. The only problem I see is that would mean that the history ends with CM Punk, and a new championship has to be introduced which would end up starting with John Cena I'm sure. The only solution I see to that is if they say CM Punk may have a belt, but the GM could make it void or something and say what you said he'd say. Cool thought though. WWE won't do it, but it'd be cool, shocking does not seem to be something they do too often anymore.

not really - Trish retired as Woman's champ but that didn't stop the history. the GM can say he has 30 days to defend and if he doesn't, he will strip him of the title and have the tourney.

I am not sure if that would happen but it would sure show what wwe thinks of companies like ROH and TNA. 15 years ago, you would never let someone "retire" as the champ unless you were 100% certian that they would never work elsewhere. look how much it cost when Jeff Jarrett was the IC champ and his contract ran out. if Vince did indeed do an angle like that with Punk, it would show he doesn't really care about TNA and ROH and having his champ show up there. of course, that 90 day clause plays a big role too - there is no way wwe would be without a champ for 90 days so even if Punk did go to ROH or TNA, there would already be a new champ (Punk could always call himself the Real World Champ...)

they need a new Logo and and new WWE Title both are very outdated and need to go I liked the Winged Eagle and the Undisputed title belts something retro would be cool for the New WWE Title but nothing that ugly like the spinner belt.

Wrestlezone has reported in the past that WWE has had a new title design since Wrestlemania 26 (not sure if it had been made), so this seems like a perfect opportunity to premiere it. It would be huge if Punk were the one to get rid of that novelty toy belt. SuperCena losing to the best villian there is.
if he were to change the belt in some way, I just hope its not a sxe world championship or something that only works for Punk, not even his version of the smoking skull belt (unless it leads into a wet dream Punk/Austin feud). But after seeing Jeff Hardys abortion of a world title he had in TNA, it has ruined any credibility those titles have for me.

But I definitely agree it would be great if Punk was first to hold the new title. He's accomplished almost everything in the WWE and it would be great to see him as champion again.

I remember them doing something similar during the 05 draft when Cena took the WWE championship from SD and left them without a world champ, so T-Lo made the "Smackdown Championship" Gauntlet match, which JBL won. And right before T-Lo handed JBL the title (which was still wrapped in silk, was never shown) he announced WHC Batista as the newest edition to Smackdown. And we never saw that belt.

I think the current belt design will stay until WrestleMania. Supposedly the Cena/Rock match will be for the WWE Championship. I think the E would like Cena to keep the belt design he introduced 6 years ago going into that match. And then hopefully Rock will win it, and the next night on Raw have his Brahma Bull belt. Then whenever he loses that, we have a new design.

Also, if CM Punk does win at MITB, and then leaves the WWE, wouldn't it make sense if the Raw MITB winner cashes in his briefcase to become automatic champion? Just my 2-cents.

Wrestling should look towards the future, and not the past. Just make a new design totally.

The big gold belt Smackdown uses is actually smaller, and has the WWE logo stamped on the very top tip.

But even if Punk won it, I don't see him getting a new design. Edge only had his design for one reign when WWE champion, and not 3 other reigns. And every one else didn't get another design.

All Miz did was flip the damn logo.

I don't see a new design either. I think part of the reason why Cena dropped the rapper gimmick, and why the Spinner belt no longer spins, was so that it would not be associated with a single character (like The Smoking Skull belt was associated with Austin). Cena had not even held the WWE Championship for almost two years (the time period that Orton-HHH held it, and the title was moved to SmackDown) and the design never changed.

So basically , CM Punk leaves the WWE with the WWE title and they have to make a new belt

Then with Del Rio Vs. Cena scheduled for SS we have those 2 fight for a new and vacated WWE title (With hopefully Del Rio winning)

Alternately it could be a weird way to end the brand split by letting CM Punk leave w/ the title , do nothing about that and then everyone just fights over the 1 and only WHC belt?

So basically , CM Punk leaves the WWE with the WWE title and they have to make a new belt

Then with Del Rio Vs. Cena scheduled for SS we have those 2 fight for a new and vacated WWE title (With hopefully Del Rio winning)

Alternately it could be a weird way to end the brand split by letting CM Punk leave w/ the title , do nothing about that and then everyone just fights over the 1 and only WHC belt?

If it were the WHC title being dropped, I could see that happening, yet I highly doubt that they would drop the WWE Title and keep the "adopted one."

I think you've got a good idea here. If they want to bring in a new title belt, this is the perfect way to do it. Have Punk win then leave the WWE so WWE has to introduce a new WWE championship belt. This also leaves open an angle for Punk if he returns. He can return with the old title belt and feud with the current champion.

I could see a tourney on RAW the night after MITB PPV with the two finalists competing at Summer Slam for the new belt.

I agree with the spinner being terrible, outdated, and forever known as the Cena belt.....but look at every belt WWE has changed in the past 10 years. They have all been downright atrocious.

WCW U.S. Title was one of the best looking title belts around........now it looks like a toy.
Every tag title wwe and wcw had were epic.........the new twin collossal ones are absolute filth, and look like they came out of a claw machine.
The undisputed WWE title was a combo of the world heavy and the wwe championship......which meant it should have been the greatest belt of all time.......instead it was a watered down version of the smoking skull belt or something.

So long story short, i don't have faith in them being able to come up with a good looking world title.

I like the idea of Punk winning the title and then a tournament to decide a new champion. They could keep Cena away from the belt for a while and give him a new feud for a while - but if he's not the Champion then who is ?

John Morrison ? Really ? He does some great matches but I can't see it happening.

I honestly struggle to find anyone they'd give the belt to at the moment except Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back