Anyone else SICK of the WWE Title belt?

I, personally, do not like the current WWE Title Belt, but it does serve its purpose. Now I can’t prove this, by any means, but I believe the current design is the most selling Championship Belt in the history of Championship Belts. It’s unique, I’ll give it that. The kids love it and in case you forgot, the WWE is rated PG.

Now, as for my favorite, I love the Undisputed Title Belt (Triple H to Cena). As a matter of fact, it’s the inspiration for my sig. I have another pic featuring all the holders of the “greatest” looking belt, but it’s too big to be a sig.

As for the next design, I would rather see a new design, instead of going back to my favorite design of all time. I think it’s been too long for the WWE to go back to a past design. If Edge had changed it back to the Undisputed design when he cashed in his Case, then maybe. If RVD changed it back when he cashed in his Case, then maybe. Hell, if Randy Orton changed it back when he first won the Title or even when HHH won it and if he changed it back, it would have been fine, but now it’s just been so long, in my opinion, that a new should be next.

Point being, I don’t like “W-Unit” Title, but we all know why it’s being used. It’s all about the MONEY!!

Yes, I can't stand the belt myself it was the downfall of RAW. The look for me just loses credibility everytime I see it. I don't like gimmick titles. Hogan never had a red and yellow title. Flair's title was so perfect that they still use it's image today.

The Miz should steal the title in spite of Cena. Then after a month he comes out with the title in his hand in a duffle bag. Dumps it in to the ring, and says the "Cena Era" is dead.

The belt is a belt It looks nice and expensive .... It is just the wwe's way to keep up with the times ,but they still have the WHC belt which is a more classic belt so I dont see why people hate the belt more than they hate cena lol

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the spinner belt either. It's alright, but I liked the other belts that came before it. However, I still think the belt could have some prestige if they dropped the WHC so the WWE title could be the official World title (not including the ECW title) of the WWE. I don't think WWE will be changing the belt again anytime soon because they do make a lot of money off that belt. However, maybe several years from now, they will create a new title. For now, we'll just have to put up with it until WWE gets bored with it.

I must agree the current WWE title looks slightly cartoonish, but its still cool and I accept it. There have been many good posts here concerning this topic and I havent had a chance to read all of them. Several may not agree with me on this, but the Undisputed belt (Triple H to Cena) looked boring and bland. The one we have today looks more full of life. Wether it spins or not. Its eye candy.

I miss the old WWE days when they used to change the leather strap color on the WWE title and Intercontinental belts, they used to change it to white, yellow, blue, it was so cool.

At the Unforgiven 2006 pay per view there was this fan holding a sign with the rated R belt with the strap in white. Imagine how cool would that be to have that.

I have officially changed my view for the Spinner Belt only for this month. If Cena were to take the Title at Night Of Champions, I don’t mind it at all. If that piece of $#!+ has to be on TV, then I’d rather see it on who fits the look. Now if Cena doesn’t walk out as Champ, I say throw it in a river.

Does anyone agree disagree with me ?
800px-WWF_Championship_1998_-_2002.jpg

Thats the best belt ever. Brings back so many memories.

i agree 110 percent. The belt was made for cena after he won the title, but now when other peoples hold it the belt does not look right on them. I think after a while they need to change the design of the belt and bring something new, some fresh air.The belt now is just played out and it has lost all its glory it once had when it first debuted, as most tiltles tend to do. Now its the time for wwe to try something new and bring in a belt that everyone would want to have,give it more prestige, kinda like tna did when they debuted their new belts. The tna world titile looks great and it shows what a world title is suppose to look like. Not that i have a problem with the belt but changing it would deffenately bring in a breath of fresh air to monday nights.

I like this 1998 to 2002 belt you just showed. I actually own a replica of it with the old WWF logo on it. I remember when it was first shown on air the night after Wrestlemania 14. The strap was dark blue instead of black. It was around this time when they stopped using different colors for the strap and just stayed permanently with black.

That belt wasnt around for too long. Only 4 years.

And even though the current WWE belt feels like its been around forever, its only been around for 4 years as well.

It works for some people especially John Cena which it should be. I t also works for HHH
2149.jpg

I also find no problem after all it is just a belt I mean it technically just represents that your champion, like in TNA when Samoa Joe was TNA champion but Booker T had the belt, yes it was a horrible angle, but it proves that a championship belt is just symboll it doesn't mean your champ it just means you have a belt. So IMO the belts are just belts, it doesn't mean anyhting to hold a belt it just has become customary that a pro wrestling champion has a belt. I wouldn't mind a change but I don't think it's necessarry.

I agree dude, I never liked Cena's design! I liked Edge's version! Lol Why didn't they keep that? Just 'coz Cena used it now it means the belt is something out of this world?!?! I think tahts ******ed....

I think they should go back to the Attitude Era Eagle belt! It was awesome and arguably one of my favorite belts.

I wish people would quit bitching about the belt. There's no point in going back to an old design after 4 years of this one. The window of oppurtunity for an angle to explain it has closed. At the end of the day, it's just a belt. They could use the fucking hardcore title as the heavyweight belt for all I care, it's onscreen for like 5 minutes when the champ is in segments and when he walks to the ring. It couldn't matter less what it looks like.

Reactions: gd
It’s not so bad now that it doesn’t spin. The last thing you need is a highly-regarded title turned into the carnival fun-run by having the goofy spinning feature. Okay, sure, it was cool when Cena first had it, but yeah, it got annoying and pointless. I’m with a lot of the people who say the Attitude Era belt is the best, though being realistic I don’t see why they would go back to that belt and I don’t think they’ll change the belt design again for years.

I screamed when they first changed the two belts to the one undisputed belt design but then brought back The Big Gold and not the Winged-Eagle… the real tragedy would be if they changed the Intercontinental design now.

The belt I miss the most is the one that debuted at Wrestlemania 4. This one was used for exactlty 10 years.

It was a beautiful belt.

It had nothing cartoonish about. It looked cool and appealing and at the same time it brought prestige.

It’s not so bad now that it doesn’t spin. The last thing you need is a highly-regarded title turned into the carnival fun-run by having the goofy spinning feature. Okay, sure, it was cool when Cena first had it, but yeah, it got annoying and pointless. I’m with a lot of the people who say the Attitude Era belt is the best, though being realistic I don’t see why they would go back to that belt and I don’t think they’ll change the belt design again for years.

I screamed when they first changed the two belts to the one undisputed belt design but then brought back The Big Gold and not the Winged-Eagle… the real tragedy would be if they changed the Intercontinental design now.

No, it was cool when it the “Spinning Belt” was Red, White and Blue. As soon as he beat JBL, I knew there was going to be a redesigned WWE Title. I’m just glad he (Vince) didn’t change one of the World Tag Team Titles into a Spinning Belt when Cena won the Tag Straps with HBK and once again with Batista. Imagine that.

Well I cant say I am sick of it. Wait what am I kidding, I hate it as well. The design looks good I must admit. Well it only looks good on Cena when he has the thug gimmick going. I must also say that it does look stupid with a 40+ man with handlebars holding a bling bling belt around. Orton doesnt look to good with it either, oh and if Batista gets it back I might die of laughter.

Personally I think they should go ECW style and just make a totally different one. I like it but yeah the old one was good as well. Heck anything is better than this stupid thing. WWE wont change it tho until it stops making money, which will be whne kids are dead.

I really couldn't care less about the belt. I suppose the spinner belt should be used only for Cena, but I don't think it matters much if someone else has the spinner belt. Considering we only see the belt close up for about a few seconds a week it doesn't really matter what it looks like. It's not really a big issue at all.

When I saw Edge with the Rated R spinner belt back in 2006, an idea came to my mind, lets say when RVD won the WWE belt they could have replaced the spinner with a spinning Ying Yang, and when Jeff Hardy won the belt they could have replaced the spinner with the Jeff Hardy symbol. I know its a long shot but I think it would look cool.

I completely agree with u! unless they r gonna give the belt to Cena or both members of crime tyme they need to either change the belt back or make a style more suitable for everyone. I think the fact that they haven't changed it is because of the pg rating. All the lil kids love cena so they keep his stupid belt even tho us ppl in our twenties would rather see them carry around mae youngs soiled panties on their shoulder then that belt

I couldn't agree more.....this belt is total shit! It really does look like a cheap prop that came out of a rap video. I've hated it since it since Cena (he's another story) debuted it! It has absolutely NO class! I also agree that the best Title Belt was the winged eagle one that Hogan, Warrior, Hart, HBK wore in the 80's/90's. It definitely looked like something prestigious and should be brought back! At least WWE hasn't changed the classic World Heavyweight Championship, although to me it looks smaller than in the days that Flair had it....anyone else notice this?

The Undisputed Title was awesome, it was a mix between the old and new generation of WWF and WWE belts. Since Austin, Edge, and Cena have pretty much had their own belt and ruined the design. It looks as if WWE will pretty much stick to the bling bling belt. As long as Cena is famous and doesn't do drugs or kill someone, we will have to see that same family kiss ass entertainment for years to come: along with the WWE championship looking like a hood ornament.

I don't really care how the belt looks. It shouldn't matter that much.

I don't see how the look of the belt affects the PG rating at all. I don't even think the kids care that much.

I've only looked at a few of the posts on here, but I've seen a lot of defense of Cena's belt based off of the smoking skull belt. Now, I'm all for the smoking skull belt, it was awesome. BUT, when Austin didn't have the title, it was always reverted to the eagle belt. That's the point people are trying to make, let a wrestler have his gimmicky belt, but if he doesn't hold the title, change it back to normal. And to the people who say it just doesn't matter, yes, it kind of does, if you go too over the top with a belt it loses its prestige, in my opinion. You say that it should only matter that they're champ, but the belt is the physical representation of that, so it should have an according look.

Man I agree that belt is horrible looking and the belt lost its prestige I think they should bring back the attitude era one the one from 99-02 triple H being the last one having it the wwe title today is just a joke.

I enjoy his matches but if he keeps getting hurt the way he is he will be forced to retire. It is not good and someones health when your hurt that much. Recently I also do not feel he has done much for the Raw product anyway.

I've only looked at a few of the posts on here, but I've seen a lot of defense of Cena's belt based off of the smoking skull belt. Now, I'm all for the smoking skull belt, it was awesome. BUT, when Austin didn't have the title, it was always reverted to the eagle belt. That's the point people are trying to make, let a wrestler have his gimmicky belt, but if he doesn't hold the title, change it back to normal. And to the people who say it just doesn't matter, yes, it kind of does, if you go too over the top with a belt it loses its prestige, in my opinion. You say that it should only matter that they're champ, but the belt is the physical representation of that, so it should have an according look.

Actually, the Rock and Foley held the Smoking Skull Title for a bit. The point I’m trying to make is that when Cena got injured and Orton was awarded the Title at No Mercy 2007, that’s when Vince should have came out with a new WWE Title. Oh well, as long as it makes money, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back