Anyone else SICK of the WWE Title belt?

Actually, the Rock and Foley held the Smoking Skull Title for a bit. The point I’m trying to make is that when Cena got injured and Orton was awarded the Title at No Mercy 2007, that’s when Vince should have came out with a new WWE Title. Oh well, as long as it makes money, I guess.

Dont forget Taker held the Smoking Skull belt as well at Over the Edge 1999.

I think many people see our current WWE belt as Cena's belt because he was the first one to have it, and he held on to it for so damn long.

Maybe it was designed with him in mind. It does have a hint of stylish thug thing to it.

And at the same time they just wanted to go for a completely different look. I'll always favor for the first winged eagle belt. 1988 to 1998. It captured great times and it'll be a hard belt to forget.

Maybe it was designed with him in mind? It was completely designed with him in mind, it's the same thing as his US title belt, overly done up for "bling-bling" effect, spinning centerplate (which is gone now), it doesn't even say champion anymore, it says "CHAMP". Who's catch phrase is "The champ is here!"? Cena's. The belt was entirely designed with him in mind. Anyway, honestly, realistically, that belt is gonna be here at least for a couple more years. Cena will probably hold that belt for one or two more title runs, and then I think it'll meet the same fate his US title did when he lost it. Some heel will take it and dump it in a trash can mid ring.

Nothing aggravates me more on TV than that stupid, cartoon looking WWE Title belt.

Sounds a bit personal. Don't look at it, its what I do. You should know the belts are props by now Lariat.

This belt was originally the spinner belt Cena used when he was champion.

I'm sure we all know this.

Now, they've kept the look and took the spinner off of it. Why?

Not sure.

This belt looks so goofy. More like something a rapper would buy then a belt you win in a pro wrestling match.

I'm certain the belt is kept around for merchandising sells. The belt is shiney, and has fake jewlry all over it, children love that stuff.

I would be thrilled to see them go back to the old WWE Undisputed title belt. The one JBL and Hogan had during their title reigns.

Don't count on it.

It's a little nit picky of me, but I seriously hate that belt and it doesn't even suit anyone except Cena.

It suits the children. As long as they buy it, it stays.

Orton and HHH look stupid carrying that belt.

Meh, I don't pay attention to the looks of the belt. I just keep up with whos holding it, and do I like the fact that they're holding it. The belts are just props, nothing more.

And if they don't want to go with the old look before the 'bling bling' belt, I say go for a modern looking, eagle design or something.

That was my favorite belt design, personally. But, like I said with them going for children, don't expect much but shiney shit, with fake jewlry all over it.

TNA's belts look awesome.

Its allright.

The WWE belt looks silly. Any suggestions of what design they should use? Does anyone actually LIKE the damn belt?

I like the eagle belt personally.

As a personal note, I would like to thank you for making this thread, for the 15,000 time. -Milk

Its not too huge of a deal but when you look at the other titles (excluding the divas title) the wwe title just seems overly flashy. To the people who say its because kids will buy it, then how come the WHC can still have the big gold belt. Its on a guy who along with cena and rey is the face of wwe kids magazine so you would think if trying to market belts for kids to buy they would make more than 2. Belts have been just props but lately they are trying to bring up the prestige in them and I think a new design would be a step in the right direction

i do agree the belt does look like crap whenever it isn't cena holding it. I think they should go back to using the undisputed championship belt i felt that had alot more prestige to it and it looked better but thats just my opinion anyways

I do have to say that this version of the WWE title is the worst. My favorite was the Attitude Era belt. IMO the Attitude Era belt was the perfect design of what a World Heavyweight Title should look like. I do agree that the spinner belt was right for Cena, and Cena only, similar to the Smokin' Skull belt for Austin. After Cena dropped the title they should've done a new design. Hopefully we'll see a new design in the near future.

I think more than anything else, this belt symbolizes the era that WWE is really in. No, not the "Cena" era, as some have hinted at. The PG era. :disappointed: Vince, and thereby the WWE as a whole, wants this industry/company to be "kid-friendly," and that belt was just another way to go about achieving that goal. I don't have the statistics to back this up, but the guess is that the belt was very marketable, especially when it still had the spinning aspect to it. Replicas must have sold/sell well with the kids.

To be honest, I like this WWE belt version, although the attitude era belt brings back a lot of memories.
But they could make it bigger, cause the World Heavyweight Campionshp one seems to be bigger

Yes! That is the STUPIDEST belt in the history of wrestling. I can't BELIEVE its still around. I really liked the old WWF Title belt that Diesel held ... let me see if I can find a photo

wwf-h3.jpg

Boo hoo. I have said this God-knows how many times: it's a title belt. It is a prop. It is on screen for maybe 5 minutes in a 2 hour episode of Raw. It could not matter less what it looks like. The center peice could be a bigass picture of Mike Adamle's face, and it wouldn't matter. I truley can't think of a single thing less important than the look of a belt. Get over it.

NAh i don't actually mid this WWE title belt. I think it does look kinda strange on someone minus Cena, but we were just used to Cena wearing it.

But most of all, i think it represents the Cena era and the PG era. Thats why i think the WWE title has still got this design.

But JR said on the Cena dvd, that his most requested product is the WWE title belt, so if it makes the WWE a ton of money, Vince would be an idiot to get rid of it. But he isn't.

People, we hate the current WWE title belt because it's flashy and gaudy, but mostly because we're all adults and it looks like a big toy. Kids absolutely LOVE it, and the WWE sells it's replicas easier than selling water in a desert. Therefore, since we're in the "PG Era" of the WWE, it's not going anywhere. So stop bitching about it and get over it.

I would have to agree The D-Man on this one. As much as some of the older fans may not like the WWE Title in its current guise, the fact is it is popular with the kids and they are the ones who are buying copies of the belt in their thousands....so why would the WWE scrap it? I'm sure we would all agree that the belts of old are better looking (at least from older fans perspectives) but with the popularity of the new belt it is not going anywhere for the time being. It's a nice little money earner for WWE if you like...

I am not sick of the WWE title belt, though it could use with a bit more of a prestigious look. The RAW brand is now being used as the "entertainment" brand whereby it is a family-friendly product focused for a mainstream audience. This means that more kids are most likely going to be watching RAW over SmackDown. To appeal to the families, they have placed the three belts in the WWE with the least prestige and/or toyish looks on the same brand, emphasising the fact that the WWE is willing to put the sex & over-the-top violence for the sake of delivering a sports-style soap opera for the whole family to watch that is more watered down than some of today's modern soap opera's. For us Australians, the shows "Home & Away" & "Neighbours" involve murder, sex & violence for soap opera's at convient times for kids. WWE RAW has no murder, no sex but some sexual entices & the violence is mainly the wrestling & beatdowns.

To simply answer, I am not SICK of the WWE title belt as it is providing a nice, solid use for the company in rebuilding & restructing the company.

I really dont mind the belt that much. Because it portrays what wrestling today is like. Sure it was better in the old days, but that was when wrestling was taken seriously. Nowadays people think of wrestling as a soap opera with cartoon characters. So I guess it needs the belt that fits the image.

The title looks like something a kid designed. It looks like it holds no prestige at all. It's way to glittery, if that's a word. The belt before it was perfect, it was big, simple, what a World Champion's belt should be. For Cena, it was fine. It went with his gimmick. But seeing Orton with a belt that totally goes against his straight-forward, take no names, do my job attitude. He should've really ushered in "The Age of Orton" with a normal title belt, like the one JBL held.

I don't see what the fuss is all about concerning the title belt. It is a prop in a fake sport and nothing more. Does it really matter what the title looks like? People complained when Cena had the spinner belt and they are still complaining even though it doesn't spin. I'm fine with the way the belt is because I don't care what it does or is supposed to be like.

Well in all honesty I hate the title belt for the WWE Championship, ECW now (I preferred the old one) and Divas title.
But I don't like the WWE title because I think it looks really stupid, I liked the Attitude Era belt.

I don't see what the fuss is all about concerning the title belt. It is a prop in a fake sport and nothing more. Does it really matter what the title looks like? People complained when Cena had the spinner belt and they are still complaining even though it doesn't spin. I'm fine with the way the belt is because I don't care what it does or is supposed to be like.

Nothing agaisnt LJL here, but one of the things I pay attention to is the belt. Vince Russo thought of the belt as a prop and to me, that just tells me that he had no concept of pro wrestling. The man who has the belt has the reigns on that certain show or promotion. It may be fake wrestling and the outcomes predetermined, but c'mon...the belt STILL has meaning.

It's not a damn prop. Tell HBK, HHH, and Flair that belts were props.

I do prefer the old belts but i really don't think it matters too much. As long as it has the relation to being the standard bearer of the company they could use one of those kids belts and it would still mean the same thing.

I am all for bringing back the old belt but thats just because I though it looked cooler. It has nothing to do with the prestige. Each era has had some variation in the belt, if you don't like it don't worry, it'll be changed in the next 4 or so years.

Just My Opinion

I am an avid fan of WWE and i love the current belt design. the times have changed and the belt needs to reflect that. i dont understand why people have a problem with change. the old belt was brilliant in its time but it looked similar to any other championship belt in any other sport. the new one even though the spinner no longer spins, is the new look of a new era and its should stay as it is now !!!!

I have always thought it was a stupid ass idea. Cena already did the spinner with the US Title, so they go and do away with the legacy of the other WWE Title and keep the whole spinner concept? They should do what JBL and Orlando Jordan did with the US Title and burned it, and went back to the original one... they could probably get somebody to that, such as Jericho or even Orton.

I could just imagine one of them going... "And now to move on to further business. It is time to get rid of this pathetic excuse of a championship designed by a man who doesn't even deserve to step foot into a WWE Ring."

And it'd work to, if Orton were to win at Bragging Rights, then once he takes back either the old title or a newly designed one WITHOUT A SPINNER - a new rivalry could start with somebody coming out.

Least we still got the World Heavyweight Belt.Nowadays,it seems like World Heavyweight Belt means more.I mean come on,the WWE Belt is just an add-on to their feuds.While the World Heavyweight Belt,people are dieing for it.I'm looking forward to Orton vs Cena though,it's just that the WWE Belt doesn't mean anything now.

The belt is an eye sore now and it needs to be changed to something modern. Cena is the only one who should carry that title and it makes me sick to see it now. It's time for a change. It doesn't need to be the old Undisputed Championship belt, but it needs to be something for sure. An eagle or something of that nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back